People trying to kill each other to get a new Christmas toy

>People trying to kill each other to get a new Christmas toy
Do Americans actually do this?

>black friday

I'm gonna deck your halls, bub.

This movie makes Falling Down look like a family night popcorn flick.

i was on a school trip to the mall of america when they were filming this

FRANK: Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reach for the last one they had - but so did another man. As I rained blows opon him, I realized

there had to be another way!

KRAMER: What happened to the doll?

FRANK: It was destroyed. But out of that, a new holiday was born. "A Festivus for the rest of us!"

KRAMER: That musta been some kind of doll.

FRANK: She was.

Am I the only one who thinks Sinbad gets a bad shake? I remember folks shitting all over him back in the day, but I always enjoyed him, especially in this.

It's not really a thing any more thanks to online retailers and the ease of finding scalpers on ebay. But yes, in the 90s and earlier it was not uncommon for middle-class people to fight over the latest Christmas toy.

Dude, do you not know about how people lost their fucking shit getting ahold of Tickle Me Elmo?

I know it's easy to make fun of millennials, but I don't get the stigma against online shopping via Amazon.
Boomers are so fucking delusional if they think that shopping at muh blessed supermarts is good for community-building and civic society. It's just consumerist bullshit where you have to interact with other consumerist cuckolds.
At least shopping on Amazon lets you avoid interacting with legions of idiots.

Consumerism has made people absolutely insane. But I'm sure some kike will tell me to go live in the woods if I don't like it.
Fuck all of you.

Is this movie kino? Why was it so hated?

If it was any other actor other than Arnold then it would probably be an instant Christmas classic, but I wouldn't love it as much as I do.

My Dad forbade us to see this movie when it came out because he said it glorifies greed. He was right.

It's a legitimately good movie.

I fuckin' love it. Reppin the 612.

Yeah, I killed a couple people to get some Tickle Me Elmo toys.

Are you an advertiser?

This. Critics hate Arnold (and from a critic's PoV, there's nothing wrong with that) but to a casual viewer he's in the 'so bad he's good' category which makes him fun as hell to watch. JAtW is one of the best Christmas movies because it captures the insanity of Holiday shopping along with Arnold and Sinbad clowning it up the entire time.

As a kid I watched the movie so many fucking times every christmas year the tape finally shat itself. As an adult I picked it up randomly a few years ago and was surprised how well it holds up. Watch it once every Christmas now.

The kid in this was Anakin who now gets into high speed schizophrenia fueled car chases

Here in Argentina is a Christmas classic, every year they put it on TV and nobody gets enough of it.

Unironically yes. It happens every single year on Black Friday. At least a few people always get trampled to death.

It is kino.

HE'S GOT TWOOOO

It's the other way around. The movie would be nothing without Arnold. Phil Hartman is good too though.