Implying this game doesn't put to shame 99% of Star Wars media, including the...

Samuel Wood
Samuel Wood

implying this game doesn't put to shame 99% of Star Wars media, including the movies

All urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r63CsrHZGR8
youtube.com/watch?v=-Z0S0Z8lUTg
youtube.com/watch?v=cCP9sb4ihcw
youtube.com/watch?v=diO3HRGWbZI
youtube.com/watch?v=CNe4XHbkEZA&t=123s
youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq9epS2b1A
youtube.com/watch?v=44GeQp6ZFtc
youtube.com/watch?v=bgH7Pb4GN_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdV9IWxfE68
youtube.com/watch?v=3EtByaOxiwE
youtube.com/watch?v=qEyq7AiirdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=back4LTGaM0
youtube.com/watch?v=yCU_6IFc9t0

Jace Bell
Jace Bell

Apathy is death

Matthew Brooks
Matthew Brooks

Doesnt post the 1st one which is miles ahead more movie tier
edge lord.jpg

Jackson Phillips
Jackson Phillips

so does the first one tbqh. Star Forge is a dope idea

Alexander Stewart
Alexander Stewart

Will they ever come out with another one?

Jaxson Reed
Jaxson Reed

the first was way better

Brody Ramirez
Brody Ramirez

I think it's near universally agreed by anyone who has played the KOTOR games that if there was ANYTHING besides the Original Trilogy worthy of being canon, it's these.

Lucas Lopez
Lucas Lopez

shit game
also possibly worse villains than snoke lol
brianna a cute though

Xavier Morgan
Xavier Morgan

They already came out with Kotor 3-9, it's called SWTOR

Austin Thompson
Austin Thompson

another star shit thread

Easton Perry
Easton Perry

Apathy is death!

Thomas Bennett
Thomas Bennett

This, Star Forge actually makes sense.

Benjamin Gonzalez
Benjamin Gonzalez

Visas is my eternal waifu

Bentley Ortiz
Bentley Ortiz

In my Head Canon, Old Trilogy, KOTOR, and maybe a few side books are canon. Everything else doesn't count to me. The story of Anakin remains a misty mystery only alluded to in Obi-Wan's distant expression in A New Hope.

Jayden Nguyen
Jayden Nguyen

The first one was literally for kids.

Brayden Gutierrez
Brayden Gutierrez

This

Sure it's a superweapon, but it's not a super cannon/planet destroyer, wished there would be a SW trilogy with it, and it wouldn't get destroyed til the last movie on the trilogy.

Julian Brown
Julian Brown

It was a good game, but it tried too hard to deconstruct the Star Wars mythos. The first one was a better Star Wars experience.

Austin Walker
Austin Walker

tfw a half-finished video game made a decade ago deconstructs the Star Wars universe better than a multi-million dollar movie made by Disney

Sebastian Robinson
Sebastian Robinson

No, multiplayer cash cows with star wars name slapped on top make more money

Gabriel Young
Gabriel Young

STATEMENT: APATHYYYYYYYYYYY IS DEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAATH

youtube.com/watch?v=r63CsrHZGR8

Isaiah Ward
Isaiah Ward

Yeah, and it's SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

Brody Smith
Brody Smith

kreia is bad

Michael Sullivan
Michael Sullivan

edgelord mcedge: the game

LITERALLY calling someone darth nihilus

Michael Lee
Michael Lee

this, the writing (class storylines) is mostly great, and there's tons of content for a very small price

Bentley Hall
Bentley Hall

I thought people spamming these were getting banned

Zachary King
Zachary King

my life for yours

Carter Scott
Carter Scott

only if obsidian makes it, since bioware is a shell of their former selves.

Eli Miller
Eli Miller

implying star wars wasn't for kids

Colton Bell
Colton Bell

The planets in KOTOR are so cool. Wandering the larger world of that game was such an amazing experience, and I generally hate video games.

Matthew Myers
Matthew Myers

How it KOTOR bad?

lmao

Dylan Edwards
Dylan Edwards

Apathy is death.

Oliver Ramirez
Oliver Ramirez

this desu

youtube.com/watch?v=-Z0S0Z8lUTg

Camden Nelson
Camden Nelson

Dantooine was some dope shit, it's far more beautiful than anything in this new trilogy.

Nathan Nelson
Nathan Nelson

Star Wars can be smart when it wants to, e.g. the prequels and KOTOR 2.

Cameron Perry
Cameron Perry

Apathy is worse than death, because at least a rotting corpse feeds the beasts and insects

Isaiah Cooper
Isaiah Cooper

To be fair, TLJ isn't a deconstruction.

Aiden Jones
Aiden Jones

look at those tits
daisy ridley wishes she had Visas' tits

Elijah Robinson
Elijah Robinson

SWTOR drinking game
- take a shot every time something from the movies gets slightly redesigned and then appears thousands year in the past (Imperial Star Destroyers, droidekas, clone troopers, LAAT gunships, Millenium Falcon...)
- take a shot every time music from the movies is used and slapped into any given situation (Duel of the Fates, Battle of the Heroes, Grevious's theme, Imperial March...)

Liam Martin
Liam Martin

exactly

Benjamin Ward
Benjamin Ward

no thanks i'm one of handmaidenfags

Tyler Bennett
Tyler Bennett

Yeah Dantooine was so cool. I loved everything in the game with like old ruins and lost Jedi or Sith culture.

Also, that jungle planet in the second game. And the city planet in the first game with the different tiered levels with the mutants at the bottom.

Noah White
Noah White

Came here to post this. Based user already did.

Grayson Perry
Grayson Perry

It also spawned the best star wars comics I've read.

Benjamin Jones
Benjamin Jones

Games that aged horribly: the thread
And on Sup Forums, nonetheless! I do agree that KOTOR had AMAZING world-building, and we basically wouldn't have games like Mass Effect without it. But god I tried to go back and replay it in like 2009, and it was just atrocious.

Actually, lots of SW games that were "good for their time" aged badly. I loved Shadow of the Empire as a kid when Goldeneye was still a good shooter, but man it got rough after a few years.

Michael Thompson
Michael Thompson

This is the only site where KOTOR 2 is considered better.

Kotor 1 had way more interesting worlds, memorable music, and the starting zone is infinitely replayable whereas the one in 2 was boring as hell.

Brandon Diaz
Brandon Diaz

EA/Bioware laziness...

Josiah Anderson
Josiah Anderson

Maybe that would be true if that old bitch Kreia would know when to shut her mouth

Austin Hall
Austin Hall

kotor 2 IS better

just kotor 1 would make a better movie

Kevin Jenkins
Kevin Jenkins

Old republic lore uberalles
KOTOR 2 is better than KOTOR 1

Jack Ramirez
Jack Ramirez

TLJ isn't a deconstruction
tlj is post-modern reconstruction DESU

Robert Lopez
Robert Lopez

It aged good for me, I've been replaying them a lot.

Ayden Allen
Ayden Allen

what reasons was it atrocious?

Lincoln Taylor
Lincoln Taylor

explain

Gavin Fisher
Gavin Fisher

D&D based RPGs will never age imo

James Harris
James Harris

Really, I went back to play them much more recently than that, and quickly got over any shortcomings in the visuals. Your brain kind of adjusts. Same with Shadow of the Colossus. You get past the lower poly count and just see the beauty evoked through what was available.

Jeremiah Richardson
Jeremiah Richardson

It's a shame Chris Avellone is a hack writer these days

Grayson Hill
Grayson Hill

it was supposed to be.

Logan Harris
Logan Harris

Judy Dench would have killed as a Kreia type in the Disney movies

Jeremiah Robinson
Jeremiah Robinson

has he even done anything besides just writing a quest or a single character in a game he gets contracted in for? Avellone is best as the vision guy

Josiah Wilson
Josiah Wilson

The Sith Lords is Planescape Torment with 500 less pages worth of dialogue.

John Gonzalez
John Gonzalez

i rewatch this every time there is kotor thread on Sup Forums.

Noah Lewis
Noah Lewis

but nihilism tho

Adrian Rivera
Adrian Rivera

a picture for ants.

Cooper Lewis
Cooper Lewis

Also, this

The games were literally just part of the SWU zeitgeist cashins of their time. The very same reverence you have for those games are the very things Yoda was trying to caution against in the latest film! His message is that fuck the past, SW (The Force) was never really good, and that it needs to be destroyed (because like The Force, Star Wars hasn't ever done shit for the world at large, despite being awesome and powerful)

This franchise needs to die after this last trilogy. No more games. No more attempts to make something in its universe. Just let it die. If you guys want spacemonks with superpowers, there's PLENTY of similar sci fi high fantasy drek out there to consume.

Leo Jones
Leo Jones

unironically jump in front of a train

Dylan Cruz
Dylan Cruz

i used to jack to visas

Easton Gray
Easton Gray

Since kylo technically never finished is training how cool would it be for him to go to malachor and turn full fucking Nihilius this could be the point in the story where hux inevitable betrays him and leaves him for dead

Joshua Wilson
Joshua Wilson

I played them both for the first time two years ago, they aged fine

Caleb Russell
Caleb Russell

It's not just "the visuals". I can get over that. It's just how linear and small the game feels. By the year I mentioned, mass effect 1 was already out, and just felt loads bigger and better than these games, while basically going for the same premise.

Caleb Roberts
Caleb Roberts

Bitch Nigger you better not be talking shit about Kyle Katarn games

Asher Walker
Asher Walker

Kotor 1 was a great S game. Kino locations, great plot-twist. It expanded more on the universe than half of EU with the Jedi and Sith codes. Introduced a number of new sith lords.
Kotor 2 is not that good of a game, it's a device to introduce Kreia. And she alone is the reason that Kotor2 is the best SW game ever made.

Eli Harris
Eli Harris

Manaan is still my favourite Star Wars planet.

Josiah Richardson
Josiah Richardson

D&D ruined WRPGs imo, too many contrivances, the actual role playing is totally different than intended and doesn't fit in a video game and the magic system sucks imo (I don't like high fantasy with a bunch of spells though)

Evan Price
Evan Price

More and more proof that /v/ is allowed free reign over Sup Forums

We need more /pol/ and /lit/ posters here ASAP

Jeremiah Reyes
Jeremiah Reyes

The adventures of Zayne Carrick, the living proof that the Force has a sense of humor.

Lincoln Brooks
Lincoln Brooks

i fucking loved this game until the ending, then found out it was rushed out for xmas sales, tragedy... it was perfect up until the ending

Parker Thomas
Parker Thomas

Kotor 1 was very close to the original trilogy in structure though, Kotor 2 was a more fresh experience

I also love the idea of the Republic winning the war, but losing the peace, a galactic government collapsing upon its own weight after fighting two devastating wars in quick succession

It's what the new trilogy should have been about, the New Republic trying to stay afloat as the galaxy is in shambles after the Clone Wars and the Galactic Civil War, and the imperial remnant hiding and waiting in the outer rim, the forces of the dark side employing a new strategy to finally destroy the jedi, subversion and subterfuge, turning the people against the jedi through manipulation and assassination

Connor Johnson
Connor Johnson

It's unfinished.
Did the restoration mod ever get anywhere?

William Jenkins
William Jenkins

First would make a better movie/series though. Big issue is the literal videogame-level plot device of going to different planets to assemble a map. What do we replace that with? Let's workshop this thing.

Also what other aspects of the story are essential? Star Forge system definitely, that planet and the Rakata history were cool as fuck. Tatooine and Kashyyk were fanservice but there is some interesting story potential relating it to the later events of the universe. Manaan was dull but spooky underwater sequences would be absolute kino. Thoughts?

Jackson Allen
Jackson Allen

Apathy is death!

Andrew Lopez
Andrew Lopez

Well he got credited for Prey

David Collins
David Collins

It pains me that bioware can't be trusted with remaking the kotor series
Mandalorian wars reboot never ever
Where did it all go so wrong

Angel Garcia
Angel Garcia

statement: apathy is deaaaaaaaath

i really hope they dont bring hk into a movie, theyll turn him into quipmaster supreme

someone post the obsidian vs bioware comparison for this pleb

Ryan Gray
Ryan Gray

Had some goat music too, unlike TFA and TLJ
youtube.com/watch?v=cCP9sb4ihcw

Brody Gomez
Brody Gomez

yes its finished and the game is now finished

Isaac Jenkins
Isaac Jenkins

I loved jedi knight 2, dude. Actually just thought about it today. It wasn't even a 10/10 for its time, but I could still see myself doing their online multiplayer for laughs. Nothing is more fun than force choking your friend off a fucking platform, then throwing your lightsaber at him while he falls to his death.

Ayden Bell
Ayden Bell

*best planet coming through* *pshh nothing personal kid*

Xavier White
Xavier White

After the EA Battlefront 2 shit. Both star wars as games and movies are dead. All EA cares about is fucking loot crates and shilling micro shits and recurring payments and any way they can suck money out of you like a vampire.

Thomas Campbell
Thomas Campbell

there is atleast one /lit/ poster

Luis Watson
Luis Watson

Yeah that was really cool. Had the feeling of being at some slick resort. The whole game gave off that feeling you get when you're traveling and staying in different places constantly.

Angel Howard
Angel Howard

20 letter tldr desu?

Luis Wilson
Luis Wilson

I tried the widescreen mod but it ends up stuck in a small window about a quarter of the screen, I'm a moron though

Jaxson Hill
Jaxson Hill

implying obsidian isn't
All their great writers have jumped ship. KOTOR 2 was all Avellone. Is Sawyer even there still? He was more of a designer than a writer anyway

Parker White
Parker White

Is it me or was Luke Kreia-as-fuck in the movie?

Mason Long
Mason Long

kotor 2
not kotor
faggot detected

Adrian Russell
Adrian Russell

Sea planets are the best planets.

Alexander Thomas
Alexander Thomas

Yeah, really cool. Like an edgy version of ancient Egypt (although that's already pretty dark and edgy).

Nolan Rogers
Nolan Rogers

Also, not to dickride Jedi Knight 2 TOO much, but it had really fucking good online for its time. It was just as stable and viable as games that looked like dogshit by comparison, (Unreal or Quake or something)

Owen Garcia
Owen Garcia

Old Republic era uberalles

Christian Watson
Christian Watson

What did he mean by this?
youtube.com/watch?v=diO3HRGWbZI

Noah Johnson
Noah Johnson

KotOR is a good movie. KotOR 2 is kino.

Elijah Wood
Elijah Wood

oh, meant to say Dantooine, escape from Taris and Korriban are all essential as well

Cooper King
Cooper King

Maybe only as an extremely watered down version of her

Aiden Powell
Aiden Powell

Valley of the Kings with giant monuments is a great aesthetic. Absolutely beautiful.

Carson Fisher
Carson Fisher

TCW=5>KOTOR(I-II)>rest

Cooper Harris
Cooper Harris

something that takes place of 30+ hours has a better story than something that takes place of 2 hours

Im not excusing the shittyness sf the new movies but no fucking shit m8

Lucas Smith
Lucas Smith

Avellone hasn't written anything good since... well, KOTOR2.
He makes his living now being a Kickstarter goal and in all those projects the stuff he has written was underwhelming.

Bentley Evans
Bentley Evans

Words to live by. Kreia has some serious stuff to teach.

John Fisher
John Fisher

I have to say, I really liked the history of Jedi & Sith respectively that this game evoked, much moreso than the Prequels.

Adam Walker
Adam Walker

Based Avellone singlehandedly dismantled the banality of SW.

How will manchildren ever recover?

Nathan Gray
Nathan Gray

Both are great, but Kotor 2 is better

Jose Bennett
Jose Bennett

I liked Onderon, but that was probably more for the civil war plot.

Wyatt Johnson
Wyatt Johnson

Perhaps you were expecting some surprise, for me to reveal a secret that had eluded you, something that would change your perspective of events, shatter you to your core. There is no great revelation, no great secret. There is only you.

Isaiah Collins
Isaiah Collins

it was very surface level kreia philosophy.
remember the true lesson of strenght

Jaxon Smith
Jaxon Smith

that's why I loved the game. The combat was OK, the story was good, but the feeling of being a tourist in the Star Wars universe was just fantastic, you really felt like you were a part of a larger universe. I really enjoyed the Czerka Corporation storylines

Jacob Turner
Jacob Turner

says best planet
doesn't post the imperial capitol
Dromund Kaas coming through

Carson Flores
Carson Flores

Zayne Carrick, Padawan on Taris, gets framed for the murder of his fellow students. Together with fellow fugitives, he tries to bring the real culprits to justice.

Owen Morgan
Owen Morgan

Autism
Also most hype sith lord, rightfully so

Parker Myers
Parker Myers

best waifus
best husbandos
best sith lords
best jedi
best twist
best plot

Hudson Peterson
Hudson Peterson

kotor 2 already make hk47 too much of a caricature, he was best in kotor

Jace Phillips
Jace Phillips

I still tear up a bit whenever i play this song

youtube.com/watch?v=CNe4XHbkEZA&t=123s

Henry Hernandez
Henry Hernandez

What? You clearly have no idea what postmodernism is, and i'm not even defending it. Why are you being this fucking daft?
everything I dislike is ""postmodernism""

sigh.

Lucas Morales
Lucas Morales

own KOTOR
can't play it because it's not compatible with Windows 10 god why did I upgrade
can't legally upgrade my version because I don't have a CD key to put into steam

Should I just pirate it?

Cameron Parker
Cameron Parker

yeah the Egyptian motif was fantastic and perfect space fantasy

Isaiah Phillips
Isaiah Phillips

Revan
bad ass
in the official lore he did the mandalore shit and was a sith lord, and then was a prisoner for like ten thousand years of some literal who.

Samuel Jones
Samuel Jones

what is new vegas

Jayden Butler
Jayden Butler

Revan is a turbo cuck.

Austin Perez
Austin Perez

HK is programmed to call everybody 'meatbag' because Revan found it funny once
He's already a quipbot.

Adam Fisher
Adam Fisher

Actually, KOTOR 2 takes about 60-65 hours to complete (that includes all the sidequests) with TSLRCM.

Joseph Sanders
Joseph Sanders

he wrote some of the best stuff in New Vegas. him and the guy who wrote the Survivalist journals whose name escapes me

Juan Cox
Juan Cox

did you make sure you clicked "compatible with" an older Windows?

Nathan Rogers
Nathan Rogers

TOR was written by retards though, people ignore it and look at revan as presented before that

Hudson Lopez
Hudson Lopez

has become so wrapped up in the dark side of the force he can barely communicate with living things

Blake Diaz
Blake Diaz

Yes.
But come on , you cant pay 3.3 EUR for this masterpiece on steam? user, you should.

Levi Garcia
Levi Garcia

Exactly, the same for me. One reason I've never generally been into games that much is that I don't really care too much for combat, and it's not even story exactly that I care for.

For me, probably because I'm more of an aesthetic guy but also love traveling, hiking, and urban exploring, the only real appeal for me with games is being able to explore a world and whether the 'feeling' it gives off, overall, and in its distinct local places, is compelling and romantic to wander through. Star Wars always did have a pretty great universe that felt very dense and real and lived-in, and I loved these games because you genuinely just get to explore it a lot and really get to know these cool places, but then hop in your comfy ship (which you can also explore a lot) and go visit another planet.

Kayden Jones
Kayden Jones

EA flat out does not care about singleplayer games anymore. There was some singleplayer game in development that was being helmed by the creator of the Uncharted games, but that was around the time of Battlefront getting its ass kicked in sales and EA REALLY wanted the game to succeed so they took people from the dev team of that singleplayer game and pumped everything into Battlefront, then the project seems to have just been dropped, it seems that they took the rest of the dev team and made them work on the new fucking Need for Speed(which also flopped spectacularly). People even started leaving EA because of this, they were there to work on Star Wars but were being allocated to a racing game instead. EA fucking sucks.

Ayden Gray
Ayden Gray

I liked the story of the new Prey.

Cooper Kelly
Cooper Kelly

Virgin Vitiate, Chad Treya,Nihilus

Robert Nguyen
Robert Nguyen

We don't mention TOR.
The only good thing that came from it are the trailers for the expansions. But they managed to fuck that up too.

Brayden Morgan
Brayden Morgan

He was a good friend

Hunter Sanders
Hunter Sanders

kreia would have shit all over him for being a pussy

Jason Williams
Jason Williams

The only good thing that came from it are the trailers for the expansions
Wrong, the Agent campaign was kino

Levi Ward
Levi Ward

Eli Walker
Eli Walker

I'd agree except for one thing.
The POTENTIAL of KOTOR 2 is/was greater. but KOTOR is *actually* better
If kotor 2 wasn't a schizophrenic / rushed mess it would, absolutely agreed, be better.

Camden Foster
Camden Foster

Legitimately this tho. That's all I want to know, leave the rest to the imagination. I don't want to know the details of what the "Clone Wars" were, only that they sound really cool and evocative.

Jose Perez
Jose Perez

Mass Effect tried to recreate that feeling but I think it really failed to match up. Every planet in Mass Effect feels the same, it felt sterile; whereas each planet in KOTOR was unique and felt lived-in.

Jaxson Kelly
Jaxson Kelly

Maybe you just have the attention span of a rock.

Most RPGs from that time period were using D&D mechanics.

Charles Powell
Charles Powell

TOR shit is awful. I loved Avellone's take on his fate and motivations--he saw an evil coming and attacked the Republic to make it strong enough to win. Just didn't count on Malak's betrayal but the Force works in mysterious ways. Then, after saving the galaxy and redeeming his name, went off into parts unknown without all his friends to face some evil. Like Charles Bronson at the end of Once Upon A Time in the West. Really cool

Anthony Price
Anthony Price

Buy it through steam and run the mod to skip peragus l, only way I can play now desu

Jack Ward
Jack Ward

I think few sci-fi universes have evoked the really lived-in quality that Star Wars has. Which is an interesting dynamic in that at the core of the stories you had a really archetypal Hero's myth structure, but then this really cluttered, realistic universe spinning around it.

Benjamin Thompson
Benjamin Thompson

I already bought the game I don't want to buy it again

I'll try that

Xavier Wilson
Xavier Wilson

God those trailers were amazing. Especially the first one for Knights of the Fallen Empire.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq9epS2b1A

Only four minutes long and it still packed a punch.

Nicholas Williams
Nicholas Williams

Quite an Ingram, Davis post, seems to me.

And I mean, as with so many Ingram / Davis posts, it seems threatening. Correct? What, after all, is the 'meaning' of stalkers posting such violent imagery at someone so regularly?

Owen Carter
Owen Carter

Jesus, I finally understand why everyone gives Anakin so much shit in the prequels. He sounds so much worse in english.

Thank god for german dubs

Nathaniel Moore
Nathaniel Moore

First Mass Effect was pure vidyakino

James Wood
James Wood

we'll never get a kino trilogy following star wars jesus who turned bad and his adventures with best bud obi-wan, with the backdrop of the fall of the glorious republic into fascism
Still hurts, not as much as the Disney hatchet-job though. That's still basically what the prequel trilogy is, just poorly executed on every level save for music and some visuals

Parker White
Parker White

CGI better than most movies
Game looks like ass from the early aughts

Colton Williams
Colton Williams

G0T0 is the most underrated

Charles Stewart
Charles Stewart

Only until the end of the first act when they cucked Darth Jadus.

"To truly believe in an ideal you must be willing to betray it"
"Not only does one's will control one's strenght but it can control and draw upont the strength of others."
But then then realizing that drawing upon the strength of others makes you weak. So you refuse it and let your struggles make you stronger for it. I fight my own battles.

Easton Price
Easton Price

This is why I have a 'Head Canon'.

I really can't be satisfied with the Prequels, nor the Sequels. But I still want to enjoy the OT. So, without getting too autistic about it, I just opt to think as if only the OT and KOTOR count. It's a great way to still enjoy old movies that otherwise might be 'ruined' by sequels, prequels, and reboots.

I do this similarly with the Alien movies (only accepting the first two), and the Terminator ones (again, just the first two).

Jaxson Long
Jaxson Long

Mass Effect 2 is the real kino. ME1 is a generic Trek ripoff.

Ryder James
Ryder James

reminder that true kino playthrough is darkside but without killing the jedi masters (well maybe besides master Kavar because fuck this guy)

Brandon Green
Brandon Green

I loved the first one but hated how unfinished the second one is. I mean, instead of an ending you literally have the villain tell you how everyone's stories end.

Matthew Wright
Matthew Wright

Did you ever play it with the Restored Content mod? Adds quite a bit of stuff that was cut out because of time restraints.

Anthony Bennett
Anthony Bennett

This. Did the exact same thing. Did you stay on Malachor V in the end?

Benjamin Ortiz
Benjamin Ortiz

my head canon is that Anakin was a pilot who ran into obi wan during the clone war (where the republic fought against clones) and was found out to be really strong with the force. Jedi didnt want to train him since he's an adult and can't be indoctrinated like all the kids but over the war obi wan decides to teach him how to use his power so they could win more battles. The big bad they fight against is a shadowy figure known as Darth Vader. At some point the republic starts to lose hard. Problem was that they were way too divided and the clones (proto storm troopers) were unified led by a human doctrine that preached order and unity. A plan by the republic fleet at the end is to devote all their last resources into getting anakin in position to fight Vader since by then he's shown to be more powerful than any Jedi Master known. He never comes back and Obiwan flees with his children and then looks over his son all the while thinking his friend died. The theme throughout the films were Anakin started to give into the dark side for more power and during the last fight fully embraces it and then sees the power in a unified government. Could have been led to believe Obiwan and his children were killed too. Fragments could have been laid about the Yuuzhan Vong. Sith while evil still want there to be something to control so the Empire could have been made for not totally "evil" purposes

Justin Nelson
Justin Nelson

It's wonderful how the story itself also changes around doing this. It makes the jedi seem like a very interesting bunch in a way that none of the movies ever come close to. You both hate them and want them to succeed somehow.

Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin

This game is really good but people go to far praising the narrative of the game.
As great as it was, deconstructing Star Wars is pointless and annoying because Star Wars is already a kind of romantic revivalist piece anyway; edgy deconstructive stuff was in mainstream vogue in the era so the whole point of Star Wars was to dust off old fashioned themes about stories of good and evil from fairy tales and legends and put them to work in a modern film, which is why it was so successful with what we'd call "basic" themes today.

Bear in mind it's still probably in my top 10 games ever after it not being finished, and it being rushed, and so buggy that one time the telos academy bugged so hard it actually wiped every save I had and forced me to redo peragus lol

SWTOR
Unironically neck yourself

While encompassing a broad range of ideas, postmodernism is typically defined by an attitude of skepticism, irony or rejection toward grand narratives, ideologies and various tenets of universalism, including objective notions of reason, human nature, social progress, moral universalism, absolute truth, and objective reality
I know I'm grabbing a literal wikipedia definition for postmodernism here, but how does that not fit?

Angel Williams
Angel Williams

i never said post-modernism was bad post-modernistcuck

Tyler Jenkins
Tyler Jenkins

What? That's not what happened at all. His plan was to conquer and unite the republic under him to make it strong enough to take on the new threat (not to make the Republic strong). He was still corrupted by the dark side, though, so he wasn't necessarily doing it to save everyone, only to keep it all from being destroyed.

Nathan Thomas
Nathan Thomas

It did a much better job of deconstructing Star Wars, while still feeling like Star Wars, than TLJ did.

Ian Lewis
Ian Lewis

no but i asked visas (or was it handmaiden ? i can't remember it was long time ago) to stay there and teach the ones who will want to follow me

Jackson Lopez
Jackson Lopez

KotOR 2 clearly exists on the basis of postmodernist thought and cannot exist without this modern intellectual background.

Grayson Sanders
Grayson Sanders

how is that different from what he said?

Christopher Ramirez
Christopher Ramirez

D&D system is not fitted for video games, all games that use it are boring as fuck

Liam Ward
Liam Ward

betrays you

oh yes

Andrew Bennett
Andrew Bennett

yeah, guess it's what you've gotta do.

I also like the X-Wing series even though it's not that well-written. Wedge made it through two Death Stars, he would be a fucking legend and have his own badass high-attrition-rate squadron to go on crazy adventures with. And it was mostly self-contained without too much stupid galaxy-spanning plots aside from that evil chick. And not that much Force-centric stuff even though the main character is force sensitive as it turned out. Could make a good spinoff tv show or something

Cooper Smith
Cooper Smith

was extremely rushed at the end tho... up to the last third or so it was a brilliant game, i very much agree.

Jack Bailey
Jack Bailey

The Republic would cease to exist if Revan had won. The Sith would have ruled in its stead.

James Wood
James Wood

Whoever makes those trailers really knows how to make a short arc for characters and make us emotionally invested with barely any dialogue at all

Jose Reyes
Jose Reyes

This. The actual fun of the D&D system comes from the social experience around it. Your friends cheering when you get a good roll, making funny jokes about bad ones, the GM giving you a lucky break if you're having a crappy day. The system doesn't work with a cold, abstract machine whose purpose it is to destroy you to the best of its ability.

Kevin Cooper
Kevin Cooper

Mandalore V

Henry Hughes
Henry Hughes

Malachore V

Grayson Torres
Grayson Torres

this, lmao

Henry Foster
Henry Foster

as a game, yeah its a pretty shitty WoW clone. the story lines are legit good. the Imperial Agent storyline could easily be a movie/tv series.

Justin Morales
Justin Morales

my understanding of the stuff in KOTOR II was that Revan was cool with either taking over the republic or being defeated by it. either way it got tough enough to defend itself. he was corrupted by the dark side but it was a corruption he chose, albeit with his perspective shaped by horrific war

Logan Parker
Logan Parker

youtube.com/watch?v=44GeQp6ZFtc
tbqh

Tyler Campbell
Tyler Campbell

I would watch that. Also the Inquisitor storyline.

Cooper Brown
Cooper Brown

Yep, the game engine is really basic. MMOs need to look simple so their servers can be more stable.

Connor White
Connor White

... addendum, that's how light-side Revan in KOTOR is justified other than super-jedi-mindrape. He's working toward the same end even without memory of who he was or his prior actions. Same person, same intentions in both cases

Austin Mitchell
Austin Mitchell

It is such a quiet thing to fall, but far more terrible to admit it.

Jacob Robinson
Jacob Robinson

That's very good, and pretty close to what I imagine, except for Vader and Anakin being different people (although Anakin could become a new Vader). I do think that what you describe is kind of the logical sense of what happened implied in what little Obi-Wan gives us in A New Hope.

Nathaniel Martinez
Nathaniel Martinez

the story lines are legit good.
I would love to check if it's true for myself, but I can't stand MMOs. So I'll have to take your word on it.

Lincoln Lewis
Lincoln Lewis

D&D is meant to be a stand-in for actual skill, in video games you should actually be the skilled one. I like turn based games as well but unique systems like the japs come up with is better overall.

Owen Ross
Owen Ross

Master Skywalker, I’m Padawan.

Robert Harris
Robert Harris

fuck rosh

Hunter Martinez
Hunter Martinez

"Direct action is not always the best way. It is a far greater victory to make another see through your eyes than to close theirs forever."

Angel Miller
Angel Miller

perhaps
I feel
speculate about the war
he did it out of necessity
She really doesn't know shit, tbqh. She's only telling it from her perspective. You don't just "step" into the role of the Dark Lord, you fucking become it because it's a corrupting force. Revans initial intentions are moot, and open to speculation.

The only truth is that Revan was concerned about what was coming and tried to prevent it. In trying to prevent it, he saught out artifacts of dark power than corrupted him. In the process, he also, miraculously, managed to find a machine that could create a fleet powerful enough to combat that great unknown enemy.

Jackson Kelly
Jackson Kelly

This was for this;
But it's the same conversation, really.

Jackson Gutierrez
Jackson Gutierrez

except for Vader and Anakin being different people (although Anakin could become a new Vader)
Ah yeah that's how it would work. Anakin would finish killing Vader by embracing his hate and anger then afterwards see the "truth" and wear then take the uniform and name of Vader who is always meant to be the apprentice. This would contrast to how the Emperor tries to get Luke to embrace his hate while he fought Anakin and his ability to fend that off sets him apart from his father.

Luis Rogers
Luis Rogers

This sounds actually great.

Blake Cox
Blake Cox

Some of the stories are OK but the MMO repetitive overlong quests are such a slog.

Joshua Lopez
Joshua Lopez

Yeah, honestly between this and the other thing you wrote (this adding onto / adjust that), I could be really onboard with it.

How did George not come down to basically this story? It was kind of just sitting there, implied, waiting to be plucked up and used.

Jonathan Ramirez
Jonathan Ramirez

the Agent story is essentially a james bondish imperial and his punk rock gf taking care of matters of state amidst the pomp and pageantry of a religious war between the Jedi and Sith.

Robert Turner
Robert Turner

implying that the first one wasn't better.

Leo Cox
Leo Cox

The Agent story does work very well as a Star Wars experience. It's the kinda stuff I'd love to see Disney handle in their spinoff movies, but I know they'd just fuck it up any ways.

Carter Perry
Carter Perry

she knew him better than anyone else in either game. I think it's pretty clear that was Avellone's take on the character and I dig it. Revan couldn't have found the Star Forge without the Force guiding him. He was, in his way, an instrument of a greater end. The Force is like the Western god, headed for paradise but progress has to be by the choices of individuals, otherwise free will means nothing. Revan made his choice, based on information he was given, and the choice and the reasons for it are everything.

James Gomez
James Gomez

Rattataki are cute

Ethan Johnson
Ethan Johnson

Revan didn't intentionally go along that path, he was being pushed by Bastilla and the Jedi order to stop Malek, and just happened to find himself again in the process.

Tyler Davis
Tyler Davis

Jankkooine

Easton Hall
Easton Hall

his

He doesn't know.

Tyler Stewart
Tyler Stewart

Fuck TLJ Yoda. In the originals Yoda practically begged Luke to pass on what he had learned and bring back the Jedi. Even in the prequels his main concern was the preservation of the Jedi order. TLJ's deconstruction fetish mangled the OT characters to the point of unrecognizability. It's like they deleted their character arcs from the archive memory.

Jeremiah Ortiz
Jeremiah Ortiz

LOL

Tyler Walker
Tyler Walker

Yeah, then he decides to continue on that path more or less as the best way to preserve civilization. (Though in my canon he also rejects Bastila for being unworthy of him after she falls, that weak preachy cunt)

Luke Young
Luke Young

Canonicity in non-canon materials is irrelevant.

Kayden Hill
Kayden Hill

Malek was in the same position and was corrupted in the exact same way, and he didn't give a flying fuck about whatever it was Revan knew.

You're saying the force guided him to the means to stop this enemy, and yet those things he found were the literal opposite of what the force stands for.

Brayden Ward
Brayden Ward

nah, i know. it kind of works better as a lesbian adventure.

Gavin Hughes
Gavin Hughes

Wasn't this written by a numale who openly said he hated everything about Star Wars?

If you liked this then you don't really like star wars.

Carter Richardson
Carter Richardson

dark side playthrough of KOTOR is just "be a cunt all the time for no reason." it's the weak point of BioWare's writing along with cartoon villain Malak. KOTOR II puts it to shame, there's actual complexity there.

Ethan Ortiz
Ethan Ortiz

Get the fuck out

the only thing more annoying than nu-wars threads are you reddit fucks who keep posting pics of kreia and this fucking game
LE BEST WRITTEN STRAW WARZ CHARACTER EVAR
go. back.

Robert Gomez
Robert Gomez

Never seen this before but it is woke af.

Anthony Reyes
Anthony Reyes

Don't hate. Appreciate.

Alexander Murphy
Alexander Murphy

*tips fedora*

Kayden Rivera
Kayden Rivera

His lightsaber is from Malachor. It’s in one of the visual dictionaries.

David Young
David Young

Thanks man. The other thing I never liked about the prequels was how the Jedi were portrayed as like military generals which never made much sense to me. I never really understood why the jedi had any business with commanding troops or raising an army. I did like how Lucas tried to portray them as basically neutral problem solvers which I think would make sense in a chaotic republic type setting.

That's what I feel. Like these bits were all in the OT and would have made for an interesting story. The fact that neither side in the clone war had any real soul hurts it quite a bit too. Clones versus Droids is kinda bunk. I don't think it ever really touch the ethical questions of raising clones to die in a war that the Republic seems to watch on with apathy never sending their own citizens to bleed for the good of all.

Jordan Miller
Jordan Miller

KOTOR II works in video game.
Would be dogshit as a movie script.
Oceans 11 in space

Hunter Ortiz
Hunter Ortiz

Light Side who turns Sith after the Revan reveal is GOAT

Charles Watson
Charles Watson

btw man, I don't know if you're the same guy that posted that Kreia video, but lets not forget that she was an epic cunt and even betrayed Surik in Kotor2. She also wanted to destroy the Jedi. You can't even argue that the people she trained as her apprentices were "good", because they were absolute assholes corrupted to the extreme.

Kayden Flores
Kayden Flores

If you flip the subtitles you'd get the same effect
Don't fall for this psychological misdirection.

Blake Powell
Blake Powell

Show me a single scene in KOTOR II that matches this one in storytelling, epicness, subtlety and character progression:
youtube.com/watch?v=bgH7Pb4GN_Y

There are none. KOTOR II is fine and dandy but it has no strong villains and it doesn't really feel like Star Wars much in the same way TLJ™ doesn't feel like a Star Wars experience.

Josiah Rivera
Josiah Rivera

ya KoTOR I and II > star wars 1-3 and 7-8 + rogue one.

Jose Ortiz
Jose Ortiz

True

Wyatt Fisher
Wyatt Fisher

video games are for children even younger than what star wars movies are targeted to. shame on you people

Jayden Ward
Jayden Ward

Malak was only ever a goon. I will say he is the weak point of the whole story because he goes from presumably decent guy who hero worships Revan to cartoon villain in the blink of an eye and we don't really get what makes him tick aside from ambition. As for your other point, the Force works in mysterious ways. May be seen as a cliche these days but it's pretty timeless and fundamental to the Western narrative tradition

Samuel Perry
Samuel Perry

Nigger, you're arguing uphill. Your own theory of what happened is just wrong. Sorry.

Brandon Flores
Brandon Flores

The old grognards at RPG Codex also like KotoR 2 way more than 1. It's certainly less polished but it's a really fresh and enjoyable take on Stat Wars which adds a lot of great things to the universe.

Robert Evans
Robert Evans

I am one of the most anti-game people, generally, but I always allow for the fact that something quality can emerge in any medium. It just so happens that one of the more fascinating works of media giving you a taste of this well-rendered fictional universe was this game series.

And while I kind of agree that perpetually obsessing over media for kids all the time like some geeks do is lame, there's nothing wrong with appreciating some of the better stuff sometimes.

Robert Jackson
Robert Jackson

Is that really the best scene you could find for Kotor 1?
I like the game but that scene is pretty unremarkable.

Josiah Clark
Josiah Clark

No they literally arent.
You are going to suck at your career without the aid of video game background. From surgeons to soldiers to truck drivers. Everyone trained by video games does it better.
Computers > adult humans.

David Ross
David Ross

KOTOR 1, 2>any SW movie.

Malak worshipped Revan when they were Jedis but when they turned to the Dark Side Malak was all too eager to replace his friend. That's why Revan cut his jaw in their first duel and made HK-47 call him a meatbag.

Brody Williams
Brody Williams

As someone with more of a dark flare to their personality like master shake or dr. house, I found it refreshing to be able to talk down to people in a video game, and be able to back up my words with my sheer power if they decided to react the wrong way

Sebastian Hall
Sebastian Hall

I'm curious what you would consider a "remarkable" scene. Care to show us some examples?

Adrian Lopez
Adrian Lopez

as someone with more of a dark flare to their personality

Hunter Gray
Hunter Gray

Playing darkside is just super hard mode.
So much harder to finish the game as a darkie

Julian Howard
Julian Howard

Subtle.

David Lee
David Lee

Please, you disn't even post the best scene from KotOR. That's the reveal.
But since you asked here is one:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdV9IWxfE68

Adrian Edwards
Adrian Edwards

not with my interpretation of the character. he's pissed off but decides the best course of action is bring Malak and the Star Forge down and go from there.

nah that wasn't me. Kreia is indeed a cunt who's fallen into evil, but has interesting things to say like many who do evil things; and people she taught are not necessarily doomed to follow her down

Brandon Flores
Brandon Flores

tfw they make a Dash Rendar movie

A Shadows of the Empire movie 20 years ago would have been incredible. Now they'd just fuck it all up.

Connor Diaz
Connor Diaz

He managed to deconstruct it while still maintaining the feeling of being in a Star Wars story, Rian Johnson just can't compete.

Chase Reed
Chase Reed

youtube.com/watch?v=3EtByaOxiwE

Colton Clark
Colton Clark

taking his bait and backpedaling on your position
faggot

Carson Bell
Carson Bell

100% this
care for Mission all game, do her quest, talk to her on every opportunity
order Zalbaar to kill her on Rakata Prime

Robert Rodriguez
Robert Rodriguez

Kreia fallen into evil
Yeah but she is better now. By the time of Kotor II she is the embodiment of Beyond Good and Evil by Nietzsche.

Jason Kelly
Jason Kelly

Not him, but it's shit

Dominic Rivera
Dominic Rivera

muh deep Kreia dialogue
Kill yourself, plebs. Fucking terrible taste.

Luis Ramirez
Luis Ramirez

wrong
How? it seems like we've just come to different conclusions based on the same information. which happens all the time. If I ever get to make a KOTOR movie this is the interpretation I'm interested in portraying (left somewhat ambiguous of course) and if you get to make one I'll happily watch yours

Dominic Sanchez
Dominic Sanchez

tv should I play this or battlefront 2005? tonight

Oliver Green
Oliver Green

I told you what happened, you're just making your own shit story up for whatever reason... that's fine, I guess, but you're objectively wrong and whatever you think is simply not canon.

Jonathan Jenkins
Jonathan Jenkins

Why not both?

Cameron Bailey
Cameron Bailey

opinions ??
youtube.com/watch?v=qEyq7AiirdQ

Kayden Hall
Kayden Hall

BF2 with TOR mods.

Ethan Gutierrez
Ethan Gutierrez

I mean if you feel obligated to be a contrarian about Kreia, I can understand why you'd prefer 1 over 2.

Jace Cook
Jace Cook

They shot themselves in the foot with the music in that game.
Every so often I'll hear a track from KOTOR or TSL and it just makes me want to play those games instead.

Blake Hall
Blake Hall

I didn't backpedal at all, I believe I said earlier in the thread I don't care for games with the exception of these ones. My position is the same, that these games rule for how you get the sense of exploring these worlds.

But if it makes you feel good thinking you're baiting people when your constant desperate 'bait' is beyond obvious and only ever signifies / registers what a pathetic wretch you are, well..

Robert Cooper
Robert Cooper

KOTOR II is fine and dandy but it has no strong villains
Seriously? Sion was practically fucking invincible, Nihilus literally feeds on the force and was essentially a natural disaster in robes. And the "You were afraid" scene from Kotor 2 was much better than that scene.

Chase Wright
Chase Wright

Not that guy and I love KOTORII but Nihilus was weaksauce.

Cameron Phillips
Cameron Phillips

Kotor2 is made worse by Kreia's constantly rambling about stupid shit, just to have her turn out to be le trope villain with twist reveal.

Charles Harris
Charles Harris

Are there any that don't look like trash?

Christian Brown
Christian Brown

I'm not even the guy you were originally responding to, dumbass
Just pointing out you're responding to such obvious bait like a sperg
judging by your response, you probably are a fucking sperg

Leo Gray
Leo Gray

Did you play the restored mod user? It doesn't fix everything but it is an enormous improvement.

Does that include the restored droid planet? I tried playing that a few years ago and it was fuckawful.

Parker Phillips
Parker Phillips

No she's mine delete this

Connor Green
Connor Green

desu my favorite part of KOTOR 2 was Peragus.

Sebastian Cruz
Sebastian Cruz

Sup Forums should i play this? how long is it?

Oliver Edwards
Oliver Edwards

They're pretty in-line with the quality of the vanilla game desu. I have some huge modpack that combines couple of big mods so I don't know the individual names. Pretty sure I downloaded it from TPB.

Noah Walker
Noah Walker

Honestly KOTOR and KOTOR 2 themes are excellent
They're different in the way that was very pleasant. Evocative of an old era, and of dark times ahead, but of star wars nonetheless

Angel Sanchez
Angel Sanchez

Shit nigga this one was my favorite

Grayson Morris
Grayson Morris

Only if you play Kotor first.

Parker Collins
Parker Collins

just to have her turn out to be le trope villain with twist reveal.

Jason Martinez
Jason Martinez

the mod
That's exactly what I am saying
KOTOR does well without 'requiring' any mods
Whereas you don't feel like you're getting the complete story unless you use mods in KOTOR 2

Juan Anderson
Juan Anderson

yeah I guess she redeems herself with the light side ending of the game. for most of the story she's literally trying to kill the force and everyone connected to it though, in the interest of supposedly giving individual beings total sovereignty over themselves, which is a dumb idea even without the mass murder. Reminds me of the atheist progressives in Dostoevsky novels (I haven't read Nietzsche yet) and the chaos their ideas drive them to create

Lucas Lee
Lucas Lee

You should, it's excellent and like many others in this thread have mentioned probably the best story ever told in the Star Wars universe. It's quite dated but far from unplayable. I've finished one playthrough on PC and Steam says it took me 28 hours, keeping in mind I played it once before way back on the original Xbox when it was first released.

Ryan Morales
Ryan Morales

Every Obisidan game is an unfinished, rushed and buggy mess. And despite all of that they're always superior to their prequels.

Isaiah Sanchez
Isaiah Sanchez

It was never really a twist. Everything she did, she did it for you. She questions you on every turn regardless of your actions, because you can't please her with a specifc choice you make, she wants you to understand yourself and the real reasons behind your actions.

Jose Murphy
Jose Murphy

k then

i resent that

Justin Gonzalez
Justin Gonzalez

jedi banished me
FUCK THOSE FAGGOTS, I'LL SHOW THEM
after i act like crippled old lady for 60 hours and train some no namer to kill my fuck ups that were supposed to help me KILL THOSE NIGGER JEDI

John Gomez
John Gomez

see

Does that include the restored droid planet?
no

Jayden Clark
Jayden Clark

None of this shit is canon to be fair.

Nathan Nguyen
Nathan Nguyen

Except they aren't. Sorry.
Your'e falling in love with the potential. The mystery of what could be
Not what's there.

Isaac Gutierrez
Isaac Gutierrez

don't do this
"fucking retard, you should have done this"
do that instead
"why the fuck did you do that? wtf is wrong with you?"

Jacob Torres
Jacob Torres

Revan was a puppet of generic emperor all along
He drops Force Pants

yeah fuck off

Evan Bell
Evan Bell

can't download an extra file from the same platform that you download the game from already
That's some stupid reasoning right there. It's not like it contains fan made voice overs or story lines. It's called restored content mod for a reason.

Camden Hernandez
Camden Hernandez

best story ever told in the Star Wars universe
sorry that will always be the OT, Ewoks notwithstanding. (Someone said Kasdan wanted to do Wookie slave revolt, that would have been fucking awesome, but the story as it stands is great enough)

Colton Perez
Colton Perez

i really hope they dont bring hk into a movie,
You didn't see Rogue One did you?

Matthew King
Matthew King

man really wish you had to do an IQ test before playing some games so brainlets wouldn't feel they have the right to talk about them

Samuel Jackson
Samuel Jackson

He showed a great sense of humor by leaving behind a holocron.

be Sith acolyte
overcome countless traps, monsters, other siths to get your hands at a holocron
activate it
it only speaks ancient Sith
spend a decade scraping together a basic understanding of the language from the few writings that are left
finally able to talk to, hyped to learn yourself some immortality
he calls you a disgrace to the Sith and tells you to fuck off

Luke Edwards
Luke Edwards

So then KOTOR would be a superior game if all its cut content were somehow acquired? I agree.
Can we include fanfiction too?

Austin Bell
Austin Bell

You do realise that Yoda was essentialy fucking with Luke, knowing well that Rey had stolen the books, right?
They are shown when Finn opens a drawer aboard the Falconat the end of the film.

Benjamin Campbell
Benjamin Campbell

Not at all, he just said he wasn't a huge fanboy or familiar with the EU until he delved into it to make this game and he wanted to make something new.
Even if he didn't like Star Wars though it's still a good Star Wars experience to play.

Christopher Campbell
Christopher Campbell

I really genuinely have no idea how this is what you took from the game

Wyatt Anderson
Wyatt Anderson

don't do this
"fucking retard, you should have done this"
"there is wisdom in what you say, I'll consider it"
Influence gained: Kreia

Andrew Sanders
Andrew Sanders

This. Also female agent voice is 10/10 (ciri voice)

Hudson Martinez
Hudson Martinez

trained as a jedi
banished by the jedi
became darth traya
trained sith apprentices
sith apprentices told her to fuck off
so pissy being a worthless fuckup
vow to destroy the jedi again

Nathaniel Nelson
Nathaniel Nelson

So you didn't play the game?

Jaxon Myers
Jaxon Myers

I think she is better developed than Raskolnikov because he thinks the willingness to kill is what elevates him above the rest. But unlike him she doesn't just denies the validity of old ideas but puts forward something new. Rasklnikov is a nihilist and so more like Darth Nihilus.

Kreia is more Nietzschean in the sense that she tries to overcome the inherent dichotomy of Dark-Light and create a new value system. Also the focus on power and strength through conflict is in accordance with some of Nietzsche's earlier writings. I think Kreia is really based on the last chapter of BGaE, 'What is noble?', you might find that interesting.

Jaxson Bennett
Jaxson Bennett

I mean yeah, their examples are cherry-picked, but Obsidian's writing has always been more mature than BioWare's. The general sentiment is still accurate.

Joshua Price
Joshua Price

Are there any good books centered around the Old Republic, mainly Revan?

Jayden Gray
Jayden Gray

lol, apparently none of you dopey faggots even remember what you played. Typical Sup Forums faggotry.

Elijah Green
Elijah Green

youtube.com/watch?v=back4LTGaM0

you gotta be joking

Angel Reyes
Angel Reyes

knows literally nothing about the restored content mod and it's history
Really you deserve to play KotOR II without it.

Cooper Gomez
Cooper Gomez

I was light side and turned when I had to be with Bastilla

Luis Stewart
Luis Stewart

No. I genuinely like the german voice acting here.

Elijah Evans
Elijah Evans

That's not how it works. The option that would please her isn't available in your dialogue options, because the Exile isn't the same as her. The paths she considers (basically light/dark) both piss Kreia off. You literally can't please her with any options available to you, which is fine, her point is that your Jedi/Sith ways are retarded.
Also it's way overblown, she doesn't complain as much as /v/tards say she does. Often if you just say something like Ok Kreia I'll think about what you're saying, she'll be happy.

William Bailey
William Bailey

Name a single game Obsidian has completed on time

Christian Clark
Christian Clark

it's almost the same whiny kid

anakin should be like a strong father figure

Logan Cooper
Logan Cooper

the stick of truth

Bentley Price
Bentley Price

If you played the dark side character, you'd know that she didn't want the Jedi destroyed. She wanted to prove their philosophies wrong and wanted them to be stop being so reliant on the force. That's why Kreia was so drawn the main character, he/she was a walking empoidment of her own philosophy since he/she was able to severe his ties with the force.

Charles Rogers
Charles Rogers

They had to cut out Crab people.

Gavin Jackson
Gavin Jackson

Pillars of Eternity?

Mason Smith
Mason Smith

It doesn't really matter though, she backstabs you all the same regardless of any other factors.

Luke Peterson
Luke Peterson

I know >Cherrypicking is a meme-tier response but
Cherrypicking
Strong villains
I don't think he means in terms of in-game difficulty, more thematically. The whole narrative of the game is "haha morals are hard lol" so having strong villains isn't really on the cards.

I really hate it when people shit on KOTOR 1 for being "simple" and then suck off TSL for being "complex"
The whole idea of Star Wars was to revive old romantic themes of good vs evil to break from the moral relativism and deconstructive popular themes of the time
I really liked the game but shitting on un-deconstructed Star Wars is like eating melted ice cream and going "ahh yes this is much more avant-garde, get a load of these plebs and their frozen food LOL"
There's no reason to hate on a Star Wars game for being Star Warsy

Jonathan Russell
Jonathan Russell

It's a meme user. I fell for it, you should not.

Jace Ramirez
Jace Ramirez

Prophecies.

Jeremiah James
Jeremiah James

No, they had to patch it up the ass. Including some of the funding goals.

Grayson Torres
Grayson Torres

For me, I like that the galaxy is stagnant and the same things happen again and again. The Empire far off in the future means nothing. There will always be Empires and Republics and conflict, the Sith, the Jedi, Korribon and Typhon, and Twi'lek sex slaves.

Ayden Watson
Ayden Watson

Uh, yeah, that's why she had Surik lead all the Jedi masters to a temple so she could kill them all. Fucking really, nerd?

She hated the Jedi for banishing her. She hated her Sith apprentices because they abandoned her. She hated the force because she is a dopey fuck up. She recruits Surik to help her destroy all traces of the force. In effect, you kill the dark side for her, so she can kill the light side.

Christian Gonzalez
Christian Gonzalez

Why the hell wouldn't Luke question that 180° turn from Yoda then? I mean he should know what the guy said better than me and I know it's out of character. They were trying to make "leave the past behind" one of the themes of the movie then undermined it by having Rey keep the books.

Tyler Sullivan
Tyler Sullivan

Fair enough user

know nothing about the restored content mod
are you just making shit up now? i never said anything of the sort
I am making the distinctiong of NOT including mods and only taking games as they are, dumbass.

Kayden Jackson
Kayden Jackson

Not that guy and I love the restored content patch for the most part but the guys who made it were kinda dodgy about it.
For example they picked and chose the content they'll restore based on their own opinion on what's supposed to be canon and what not.

Isaiah Murphy
Isaiah Murphy

I was thinking less of Raskolnikov (who's just a self-justifying egoist dissatisfied with his place in the world, striving in vain against everything his subconscious is telling him) and more of the radical social progressives from Demons, who follow the logical courses of their ideas into total amoral oblivion. Which ended up being realized in the Soviet Union and other 20th-century communist regimes. Nietzche is high on my list after the other Dostoevsky novels

Ryan Collins
Ryan Collins

and twi'lek sex slaves
I keked
They look so much better in vidya though
somethin gabout the headpiece and the girls they pick that makes them look less appealing in live action, the few times that we've seen twi'leks period

David Myers
David Myers

tfw you got tired of trying to recruit her and killed her
oh well I tried

Christian Gutierrez
Christian Gutierrez

I liked it for giving you time to explore the worlds you travel to, it dumps a lot of Sith and Jedi lore on you and even takes you to important locations for each religion. This was well before Bane's rule of two, when the Sith Empires existed and you'd have Sith warlords with their own agendas. It gives this vastness to the galaxy that nothing else really has, and a sense of age.

You also get a nice selection alien characters to play and interact with, all of the classic ones.

Luke Rodriguez
Luke Rodriguez

Well that's true. I like kotor2 a lot but the finale does suck.

Eli Myers
Eli Myers

And by the way, she fails utterly at her ultimate goal to rid the galaxy of the force, because apparently she didn't know that the force is in everything and can come about from anything, anyone and anywhere at any time. It's a latent biological mutation in all living things. She wasn't smart at all, evident in the fact that she couldn't keep her own shitty life together without fucking it all up every time.

Cameron Bailey
Cameron Bailey

I think they're strong thematically. I mean Kreia is a villain in the end no matter what you do. Nihilus is the Exile's dark mirror and a relic of their past, since he was made at Malachor V. Sion is tortured because he can't let go of his hate and his past. They're stronger thematically than Malak or Saul for sure (who, don't get me wrong, are hammy and fun) and certainly more than Darth Bandon. I love both games though.

Carson Taylor
Carson Taylor

I loved Demons and in that regard I agree. But he too was a nihilist. There is a great dialogue in the Brothers Karamazov where they are debating that if we dispose God the moral vacuum will lead to what turned out to be the 20th century. I don't remember which but one of the brohers puts forward the idea that in absence of God morality has to be reworked because otherwise nihilism would devour man's soul. And that is exactly the same diagnosis that Nietzsche puts forward.
If you haven't read Nietzsche yet I think you should go: 1. Beyond Good and Evil 2. On the Genealogy of Morals 3. The Anti-Christ +1 Thus Spoke Zarathustra.

Easton Roberts
Easton Roberts

Don't mind me, GOAT game and soundtrack coming through.
youtube.com/watch?v=yCU_6IFc9t0

Jacob Roberts
Jacob Roberts

Agreed

Noah Walker
Noah Walker

The original twilek character was an athletic black woman whose costume was designed to compliment her body type. Subsequent twilek characters were portrayed by white women with pretty faces who had to imitate a specific style of sexiness that their body types weren't suited for.

Colton Butler
Colton Butler

They're idealized when they're not live action. They're also canon sex slaves and dancers, and Disney can't take that away.

Josiah Long
Josiah Long

"You must understand. I did not wish the Jedi dead. Defeated... perhaps. I merely wished them to see that they and their teaching were wrong. That one could not truly understand the Force simply by adhering to the Jedi Code."

She outright states that she didn't want them dead, she only killed them at the temple because they were going kill the MC.

Evan Gonzalez
Evan Gonzalez

I don't think "leave the past behind" means forget it entirely, and that's what I think Kyli gets wrong. The reason why Yoda had said what he said was beacuse Luke was dwelling on the past, becoming a miserable old rag in the process of it.

Logan Watson
Logan Watson

She has the evidence of the Exile being a wound in the Force, she just misunderstands the nature of that. She is wrong but not as stupid as you're making her out to be.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit