Green Arrow #21 Storytime

The Rise of Star City part 1!

Prepare for a lot of splashes

Cheshire to start us off with

Oh jesus fuck

This all feels very cinematic. I dig it.

It's gonna be one of those issues eh

To be continued.
Nice start to the arc, digging another villain team-up

NOOOOO

>Seattle is going to become Star City
Better pack your bags Billy Gates

Holy shit this was a cool issue. What a great setup. I bet it will be even better in trade format.

Thank you

Man I like it. All setup but it works.

I really dig how Percy didn't trash all over Lemires run

Also a neat, conjoined cover for this arc

Y'know, I never bought Lemires trades physically. I really oughta before I buy these.

Ferreyra is so fucking good.

Thank you based Ferreyra for THICC Cheshire.

There's a big hardcover out there with everything

No Emiko this arc?

Swinging on Blockbusters arm in the last cover, but no dedicated cover it seems. No Dig either

>Blockbuster
That's Brick, user. Winnick's only good addition to the GA mythos.

Bump

Bumming to read later.

Bumping cause I'm mad this has less replies than the Superwoman storytime.

I get hype for Ferreyra not just for the art anymore but because he crams so many 2 page spreads that it forces all the adds to the end of the book. Fucking adds in Rebirth are out of control, some books are nearly 40% adds, at least with Ferreyra I can just close the book when it's done and ignore another 8 pages of adds

This really is one of the best artists in comics currently

It was pretty meh.

Do they put at the back on the physical release? Weird. I used to work at a magazine and we charged ads based on location on the magazine. If all are moved to be back due to the artist's decision I wonder if it affects ad cost in any way.

Green Arrow really got the top shelf with its artists

which is weird because Batman got absolute bottom of the barrel

Hey now, people are trying to figure out if Superwoman is any better with the new writer

Looks that way.

The main two artists are great, especially Fereyra, but the fill ins have been shit.

Also for Batman I think King picked them, he said he was a big Finch fan before he started on Batman.

just because King picked them doesn't make them not-shit

for Ferreyra issues most of them go at the back cause he has so many spreads that you can't fit the adds in. But with stuff like Green Lanterns the adds are on every page flip. Really pulls down the book for me.

>not just trade waiting
it's what DC wants, user

Neal Adams is at at my LCS, and he's been talking to the crowd they were setting up tables.

He's talking about his seat being cockeyed.

He's honestly an incredibly engaging storyteller.

>Neal Adams
Ask him if there is any way to easily see that movie he made with his daughters with Troma

>LexAir
You know what I think would be neat? If Luthor was egotistical and selfish enough to take it personally whenever his brand is used in some other villain's scheme, and go out of his way for vengeance.

Reminds me of Full Metal Alchemist. I dig it.

meant spiteful, not selfish.

Pretty solid setup so far, I'm not sure I'm really feeling the motives of any of the Four Horsemen beyond "he's giving us a lot of money and that means we need to acknowledge his crazy ravings"

> was about to say that assassin.
> Can't remember his name.

Dammit user your right! Brick was!

Yeah no fucking way he hand-picked Finch.

Has she already given to birth Lian???

Batman sells even if the art is shit.

the nail trick reminds me of Holes

This cover is giving me a kind of homage-y vibe but all I can find is Grell really likes putting circles on covers.

I've been thinking this series was pretty mediocre for a while now but this issue was actually pretty good. Kind of caught me by surprise.

This arc is looks good so far, probably the conclusion to the overarching story of this run.

l-lewd

Damn, this was a really fucking great issue despite being really nothing but setup. The double page spreads and the art were amazing. I'm gonna be really sad when this goes to monthly. But at least we've still got 2 issues a month till July at the earliest.

That Eddy Fyers?

Wait is there a confirmation that this is going monthly? This is consistently selling in the top 20s, if I recall correctly.

No. No confirmation yet. It's just assumed that eventually all the current twice monthly titles will go to monthly, and since they're starting with the lowest selling (Cyborg, then Deathstroke then Aquaman) I wouldn't be surprised if the solicits for August show Green Arrow is next.

Yes