Venom #6 Storytime

You're monthly does of edge!

Eddie Brock reunites with the symbiote!

>My symbiote
>my darling
I guess continuity is just a ten letter word at Marvel.

And Mike Costa and Devin Lewis claim to be "huge Venom fans".

This issue is so bad, the symbiots reason to hate Spidey again is so lame, it has been through much worse, what Spidey did is not that bad. Also Brock is so out of character to how he has been for the last few years. Hope they give a good reason for him getting the symbiot back. Also the symbiot not leaving Lee from the start when it had that power is just stupid.

I'm tempted to crop out parts of these for Barneyfag threads, because this is about the same level of "quality".

Fin.

Brock fucking FRAMED spider-man,for what? for lulz ? Why Venom hate spidey for containing him? Webhead alreadt did it before in SpaceKnight run.

It shocks me that this book has enough readers to even warrant a letters page.

Indeed. None of this make any sense at all.

At least next issue we get a better artist. That's a plus, right?

I like how venom's eyes turn Lee style while he is angry. But still,it's the only good part of this mess.

We'll know what happened to Flash. Hope he just Anti-Venomed

I haven't read the comics in forever. What happened to Anti-Venom?

>my darling

I haven't read many comics and I feel like I know more about Marvel's continuity than the writers do.

From the letter pages, it seems like we will get a new Anti-Venom, could be Flash. Carnage will return. And I will bet on Lee getting a new symbiot, maybe even Toxin if that symbiot is not dead from the last Carnage run.

None of this makes any sense. Why does the symbiote hate Spidey for containing him? Why would Brock plan that? Why does he even want it back? Doesn't he hate symbiotes now? Why did the symbiote manage to get off of Lee now all of a sudden? Why is it okay with Brock if he's crazy too?

I can't help but notice all these black text boxes, which I'm assuming is the symbiote, telling him not to do bad things?

Is this that retcon that made them all a bunch of dindus that accidentally corrupt their hosts?

Ah, yeah I guess that's one way to get a symbiote to hate you all over again.

Sigh

I knew this was going to happen. Didn't want to believe it, but I knew it would.

Those are eyes that he's far from being done.

What's his endgame?

The symbiote feels betrayed all over again. Peter said he wanted it back, then that turned out to be a lie. It's a lover scorned.

Eddie going symbiote-happy again, yeah, I got nothing.

>better artist

Is trading ugly shit for bulbous shit really "better"?

Stupid writters that don't interact with each other and don't know or care about continuity and canon.

The same military group that (seemingly) employed Brock to hunt down Carnage (I assume) took Lee in -- Toxin is a safe bet for Lee's new suit.

Mr. Fantastic used it to cure People during spider-island.
CARNAGE LEE

The resemblence is not even subtle.

Yes based venom is back.

No more non-venoms.

WE Are back.

Thanks for clearing it up user that the military group was the same. Was not sure about that. Good to hear I'm not the only one who thinks Lee will be the new Toxin.

Eh

On the bright side, that may mean the Bendis retcon is out the window.

>So its true the symbiote is here.
Brock, you already fuckin' knew that. You saw footage of it like 2 pages ago.

Everything about this comic is terrible.
Every
single
thing

Honestly, I think it was the best issue yet (not that that's saying much given how bad it's been)

I'm glad the symbiote finally got a win, and stopped acting like Lee's bitch which it really should have done in the first place.

And I'm okay with the reason they gave to make the symbiote hate Spider-Man. Let's be honest, Spider-Man is kind of an asshole when dealing with the symbiote. Always has been. There's no way Spidey trusts it on its own, especially without Flash. There's too much bad blood there.

Eddie was the biggest problem with this issue, because there's 0 reason given for why he wants the symbiote back. Last we saw he hated the Venom symbiote, and had finally come to terms with not blaming others. Why the hell do we have comments like "my darling", so I guess that's just Mike Costa ignoring continuity like he always does.

And hopefully it's only the symbiote that hates Spider-Man, because Eddie seemed pretty chill with him.

>toes

God I hate those on Venom. No idea why, but I really do.

Reading it telling Lee he was a broken little faggot was a good spot of catharsis but it doesn't do enough. He should have ripped him to pieces to avoid any other unnecessary deaths. Lee's an edgelord with no redeeming qualities.

I assume they thought he was going to get a following for being "cool".

CARNAGE LEE CARNAGE LEE DOES EVERYTHING VIOLENT BUT PLANNED

>the symbiote is literally just a yandere girlfriend

I'm sure they think they are, just like Slott thinks he's a fan of Spider-Man.

.We trade one pile of shit for another.

Except it's still written by Costa.

So...instead of an awesome redneck Cletus we get Edgy McEdgeEdge? Fuck no.

Would you do Kamala, Riri or Marcus Johnson as well?

I'm convinced that either Eddie getting the symbiote back is temporary or the upcoming Venom event will end with Lee getting another symbiote.

>You saw me do all kinds of destructive shit.
>You're a real hero
>I hate you for doing heroic shit and stopping me from causing destruction

The fuck is even going on in this book?

Thanks, OP. I knew this would be bad, but I wasn't prepared for just how bad it was.

You haven't realized yet that this is just meant to be a huge character backtrack that brings them all back twenty years or so and ignores all recent characterization yet?

That's the reason a lot of us hate "OMG EDDIE IS VENOM AGAIN" because we knew it would be exactly this. Everything is set up just to bring them back to zero

Flash Venom was fun in different ways since it had to be different, it was development, but you give Eddie back the suit and I can guarantee their backtracking some years basically.

Why the fuck would the symbiote trust you, Brock? You sold it off after deciding it was shit and then tried to kill it. Numerous times.

#150?

Is there a legacy numbering for Venom?

So.

Carnage was never meant to be a redneck. He is from brooklyn. Its same as turning nazi wannabe magneto to jeiwish anti hero.

Yet eddie here gets shit on because "not muh".

>Hope he just Anti-Venomed
He didn't. Flash is going back to the ASM supporting cast after Venom #150. Already confirmed by Slott.

>could be Flash
Watch. It'll be Lee.

> Symbiote is going to turn evil again over a misunderstanding .

Can we have some better motivation than misunderstandings.

>which I'm assuming is the symbiote, telling him not to do bad things?

Congratulations, you can follow a story.

>Is this that retcon that made them all a bunch of dindus that accidentally corrupt their hosts?

Yeah, its from the Bendis Klyntar retcon.

This is a great week for comebacks.

No.

That would take effort. and a better writer

Two things in short supply at Marve HQ

It's Trad Moore ya stupid nignog.

Oh great, so Lee can go full God Mode, since Toxin went angelic-lovrcraftian horror hybrid?

Hopefully that doesn't happen. But I'm sure you're right. Gotta pimp out those special snowflake edgy OCs, right?

>Thanks to his ranger training

Ae you fucking kidding me

Except the reason that happened makes no goddamn sense.

>Misunderstanding
Does it really count as a misunderstanding if it's Spider-Man blatantly lying to the symbiote and imprisoning it?

>Eddie and Venom goes back to hating Spidey and wanting to kill him
>Edge lord will likely get Toxin and continue being red-er Venom
>Flash now has nothing and won't be the surrogate father figure for Toxin

Also, Spidey knows the Symbiote doesn't want to be evil anymore when he met Flash last time around, so why does he need to trick it? He can literally just ask it to leave Lee to stop all the murder

The symbiote should totally understand Spider-Man's reasoning, though. It's not a fucking idiot. It shouldn't be throwing a temper tantrum like this.

ehh to be fair Peter is usually written like an asshole so its not really ooc

wait till june, when venom Will leave Eddie at night and go For The brain meal. Just because.

>Carnage was never meant to be a redneck.

His name is fucking Cletus. Yeah, he was intended to be a redneck. Stop being an idiot.

>Being this casual.

But the thing is Peter wasn't being an asshole in this case. Imprisoning the symbiote was completely justified and the thing is supposed to be sane now. It wouldn't just go "I HATE SPIDERMANNN" because of it.

Damn, I m so confused and scared, now I think Flash will become gender-bender indian alien comedic relief in ASM

>maybe even Toxin

Pls no, he doesn't deserve that shit. Plus, if he's still kicking, I'm pretty sure he has the [holy] atribute now.

It's not like the symbiote shouldn't have enough intelligence to realise the situation and why Spidey wouldn't trust it.

Just because you're clean and in rehab doesn't wipe outt he fact you were a junkie.

BUT HE LITERALLY GOT MIND WIPED OUT OF HIS LOVE/HATE FOR SPIDER-MAN

And it's Eddie who masterplanned it and lying to symbiote right now. Not to tell, Brock has zero motivation to do it.

He was a metal head originally

Representing the dangers of this new evil "rock music" that all the kids are listening to. Hell the first time they brat him was by convincing him to go to some concert if I recall.

The hick thing is pretty recent

You really think Costa 've read SpaceKnight run ?

Nope.

Read his early shit you double nigger.

The symbiote shouldn't give a fuck, though. It completely understands Pete's rationale and is an intelligent creature (or should be). If anything, it should have accepted the tank on its own to show it wasn't some feral beast and show Spidey, who it had JUST made amends with at the end of the last volume (so what... 10 issues ago?), that he the symbiote can be trusted.

But no. We need some nonsensical reason for the symbiote to hate Spider-Man. So we get this garbage.

Why would the symbiote understand his reasoning? The symbiote is the victim here, being used by a bad guy, and finally is free of him. It's heading towards Spidey, wanting to be a hero again. The last time they met, the symbiote convinced Spider-Man that it didn't want to fight him anymore.

And then suddenly Spider-Man puts him in a cage, and tries to lock him away. I totally get why the symbiote is pissed.

Fuck, it's actually making me angry how badly this is written.
This reads like something written by a 13 year old for other 13 year olds
>This is my oc Lee, he looks like Sasuke (he's so cool) and he also killed his parents, he was in the MILITARY so he can control the symbiote and totally beat up Spider-man.
Stop telling me to go to my room mom, I hate you, I hate you, you'll see I'll break out of here and be totally badass, I don't care about anything, fu mom

OMG YES I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR SO MANY YEARS IT'S PROBABLY FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT BUT WHO CARES WTF I LOVE THESE COSTA SANDOVAL ALMARA FUCKERS WHOEVER THEY ARE NOW

Venom can take solid form and speak without a host. He can talk to spidey when agents prepared transmission. Damn, this issue is SO dump.

Imagine being this confident yet this wrong.

How embarrassing.

Same reason it didn't kill him when he was Anti-Venom.

>CARNAGE LEE
Why the hell would the Carnage symbiote leave Cletus?

Ha, The same reason, EVERYTHING happens in this book. It's called "Who gives a fuck, SEE, Lee is super edgy"