Reading Recommendations

I recently fell behind several months. What DC Rebirth books should I be reading?
What about Marvel?

>What DC Rebirth books should I be reading?
None.

>What about Marvel?
Definitely none.

Hope that helps!

>rec-fagging
What you should be reading is a list of google results. Lazy piece of shit.

Superman, Desthstroke, Flintstones, Future Quest, pretty much everything from Young Animal, He-man/Thundercats, New Superman, and Kamandi Challenge have been pretty outstanding.
Plenty of other good stuff like Aquaman, Trinity, WonderWoman, Green Lanterns, most of the Crossover stuff (be it Star Trek, Hannah Barbara, or Power Rangers), Supergirl, Supergirl Being Super, and prolly others.

I'm a lil behind as well but most of it has been solid, with a few things worth skipping or just not my taste.

>Being against recommendations
What are you, an immigrant from Sup Forums?

On marvel, I've been enjoying al Ewing's books and gwenpool and cho hulk
That's it
I used to read half their books but I can't do it anymore

Yeah, I'm sure a Google search will provide OP personal recommendations from other readers in an instant.

>Aquaman
>Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye
>Deathstroke
>Flintstones
>New Super-Man
>Red Hood and the Outlaws
>Scooby Apocalypse
>The Wild Storm
>Wonder Woman

>Avengers
>Deadpool
>Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme
>Hulk
>Iron Fist
>Occupy Avengers
>The Unbelievable Gwenpool
>U.S.Avengers

There may be a few I'm missing, but this is the books I'm pulling and feel confident enough in to recommend. Here are a few I haven't read, mainly because tradewaiting, that are well received here.

>Action Comics
>Doom Patrol
>Future Quest
>Kamandi Challenge
>Shade the Changing Girl
>Superman
>Spider-Man/Deadpool
>Ultimates^2

>What DC Rebirth books
Super Sons
New Super Man
Deathstroke
also Batman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Titans, and Superman are pretty solid

And not Rebirth but: Doom Patrol. Wild Storm. Flintstones

>What about Marvel?
Moon Knight
Old Man Logan
All-New Wolverine
Daredevil
Ultimates squared
Captain America Steve Rogers
Secret Empire
the new X-books (X-Men Gold. X-Men Blue, Weapon X) aren't bad either

>What DC Rebirth books should I be reading?
All of them.
>What about Marvel?
None of them.

I'm an advocate of having some goddamn standards. But apparently everyone but me enjoys Sup Forums, Sup Forumsshit, and "What's their endgame?" bullshit.

It will lead them to a selection of known titles, from which it is up to them to decide if they're good or not. If you just tell them "This is good.", they're just going to accept that and continue their ignorance. But you're too fucking stupid to realize that, so you and all the other retards around here are content to just help make Sup Forums worse.

For the love of God read New Superman, its awesome.

>He thinks recommendations are a spammed meme shitpost
Dude, this is a niche medium that has over 100 stories come out every week.
A recommendation from peers merely gives you a clue at what to view first or what to avoid.

Could there possibly be people who go only by recommendations, not even reading comics but using this rehashed.knowledge to look like they know what they're talking about? Yeah possibly
But those people are idiots.

Most of us on Sup Forums have been new before and were helped given a guide on reading orders or stories from a certain writers or stories about a certain character.
It's just good manners to hold the door for a person, user.

>It will lead them to a selection of known titles

Eehh, I did that and Google just led me to a couple of threads in Gamefaqs and Reddit. And as far as I know these places are pretty dubious when it comes to recommendations.

I think this shit only works with anime titles.

Since no one mentioned it yet Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows is miles better than Amazing right now.

They need to spin that shit off into a line about a Marvel where OMD, disassembled, house of m and civil war never happened.

Wonder Woman is my fave

I also read The Flash because I'm a flashfag so

Which Civil War?
The bad one or the stupid one?

I really like Earth 2: Society

>only reading Marvel and DC
I expect to see you get bored again, fall behind again, and then burn out completely sometime soon.

>I expect to see you get bored again, fall behind again, and then burn out completely sometime soon.

stop reading my mind

OP said he hasn't read anything in a few months, all the indie books he's been reading have probably been too delayed to release an issue in that time.

Moon Knight is definitely great like some other anons have said, you should go back to the Ellis run from a couple years ago and keep reading until the current run

Yes, that is how Google works, user.

In the last issue the bad one was confirmed to have not happened. To prevent it Xavier promised to keep an eye on all underage heroes, not just mutants, Spidey's kids included

Here is what I actually buy still I wouldn't mind to check some more stuff.

Any recommendations?

Good taste, user.

The Flintstones
New Superman
Superman
Deathstroke
Shade the Changing Girl

Moon Knight

Well I actually dropped Justice League and The Flash.

Might pick up Aquaman and WW
Green Lanterns and HJ also are nothing really great so don't know.

>The Flash
but why

super sons

it's been okay, some fun ideas but with sloppy execution

Stopped reading after the beginning of Speed of Darkness.

First arc was really not that great since I was really hyped for Godspeed and SoD didn't sell me to continue.
I know is a Rogues arc right now and I will buy it for The Buttom crossover but as for now is shelved.

> Recent DC
Batman
Detective Comics
Deathstroke
Redhead and the Outlaws
Superman
New Super-Man
Trinity
>Recent Marvel
Contest of Champions
Carnage
Spider-Man and Deadpool
Squadron Supreme
Hyperion
Moon Knight
Spider-Man Renew Your Vows
AIMvengers
USAvengers
Vision
All New Wolverine
Nova
Ultimates

Enjoy OP

Fuck off.

I agree with all of this in addition to red hood and the outlaws for dc. It's been consistently great especially if you want a decent red hood rec

>Recommending recent Marvel

>falling for memes

America is the hottest book on the stand. You should buy that OP. It could use your support.

Action Comics has been unbearably average

This. Get your friends to buy it too.

>Dude, this is a niche medium that has over 100 stories come out every week.
I utterly fail to see how it's somehow my responsibility to handhold a bunch of ignorant casuals who don't actually care about these stories, just because my hobby happens to be a niche market.

If any of these fucking retards had a genuine interest in comic book, they would do their own damn research on it instead of shitting up every single forum they come across.

All these morons do is feign interest so they can shit up the board while you bunch of saps take in the ass because you desperately want to avoid the stereotype of the asshole comic nerd. Well fuck that, because I have a hobby, but I can't discuss it because nobody on the COMICS AND CARTOONS board has any idea what I'm ever fucking talking about, because the place is infested with ignorant retards who are welcomed with open arms by a community with no fucking standards.

Fuck recs, if these "prospective new fans" want to get in on this shit, they can bloody well look it up themselves.

Who can forget new classic lines that came from America like this?

Go fuck a toaster, cranky.

So just hide the thread and move onto whatever Steven universe or loud house thread? That's what I do with Sup Forums company wars threads on this board. Believe it or not, Sup Forums doesn't belong to just you.

Go eat a fat dick.

Never gonna understand what parasite burrowed into all your brains and made you so strongly opposed to the idea of communal quality standards.

Really, it's a heartbreaking portrayal of a superpowered meth addict. I cry every time I read an issue.

Marvel as a whole just needs to have the past 15-20 years be a dream desu.

>Standards
You keep using that word as if you're not on Sup Forums

>It's Sup Forums, so it has to be shit!
Y'know what? Fuck that. That is a shit attitude, that needs to fucking die.

Yeah, it's Sup Forums, but aside from that, why shouldn't we have a nice discussion about stuff we like? There is no tangible force compelling anyone to be perpetually negative about everything, there's no rule against liking things.

So no, I reject that. Fuck that Sup Forumstard user IS LEGION crap, we're a bunch of nerds on the internet who ostensibly share a hobby. Let's maybe try to fucking act like it for once and knock it off with all the shitposting, yeah?

Has anything good happening in Detective Comics? I dropped after Tim and the Monster Men arc that followed right after.

oh shit, if its better than amazing then this comic is a masterpiece, right?

Man I mean this in a genuine way: You should not be so angry about discussion on an imageboard not meeting your personal standards. You should be content enough with your real life to not be so invested in policing something so meaningless. Go for a walk. Go to a bar. Go swimming.

She's like a Tumblr anti-SJW's idea of what a brown gay is like

two comics that will assure great moments to you is deathstroke and doom patrol, there is no mistake reading those

Would you prefer this ebin answer?

Can someone PLEASE know any damm good first contract or time travel?

>things that give a person joy in this piece of shit universe
>meaningless
... I don't even really know how to respond to that.

>"Hey, you know that thing you like to do that makes you happy and keeps you going through tough times? Yeah, that's all pointless rubbish, so stop giving a shit."
Seriously. The hell is wrong with you?

Elitist prick

Nick Fury just started today and I can wholeheartedly recommend it.