Sam Alexander alone

>Sam Alexander alone
31 issues

>Sam Alexander + Dick Rider
7 issues

Can we all agree that Dick Rider is sales poison and is the one to blame here?

Other urls found in this thread:

cosmicbooknews.com/adios-nino-nova-cancelled-again
youtube.com/watch?v=bIJG5nrzLQk
bringbackwendellvaughn.tumblr.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nova as a hero title and Marvel as a company in general are sales poison. If Marvel wants Nova to work they gotta balance the movie push with making sure they don't go full synergy

Nova isn't sales draw.

Needs a bg writer and female nova.

Nova #1 (2015) - 45,536
Nova #2 (2015) - 27,120
Nova #3 (2016) - 23,464
Nova #4 (2016) - 18,187

Nova #1 (2016) - 58,393
Nova #2 (2017) - 23,098
Nova #3 (2017) - 19,265
Nova #4 (2017) - 15,323

The title sold like shit with or without Rider. Marvels line wide slumping sales didn't help either.

The whole draw of Nova, especially Rider, is exploring cosmic adventures.

This upcoming world mind arc should have been in the opener. Rich should already be back in space by now.

Why he hasn't met with the new Captain Marvel yet either is weird. Or Tony. Or anybody.

>and female nova
Well then it's a good thing that Duggan is bringing in the Nova Family from Secret Wars: Infinity Gauntlet, so that'll give us not one but TWO female Novas. And they're both black!

And OP bait goes out of the window

>Nova #1 (2016) - 58,393
Reminder that this had a 100% overship, meaning the sales were actually half that.

Why does he ride so much dick?

Now tell me about Rich by himself and how far did he go and how much did he sold?

When will he ride Star-Lord's

Don't give Zdarsky and Anka any ideas.

>Dick Rider sales alone- 36 issues
>Dick Rider + Sam Alexandee- 7 issues
N-NANI?!

But I do want to give them ideas.

Richard's not poison. His incredibly hardcore fans are, and I say that as someone who loves Richard.

Check this guy out

>cosmicbooknews.com/adios-nino-nova-cancelled-again

Because he has the ass for it and if he doesn't ride it will be a waste.

>The whole draw of Nova, especially Rider, is exploring cosmic adventures.
Really? Because the first 3 volumes of Nova under Richard Rider weren't that at all. Even the lauded 4th volume spent like a third of its run on and around Earth.

There are no more than 15 "hardcore Dick Riders fans" in the world. This guy from CBN is just one of them.

They don't have the power to sustain a book, and they also don't have the power to destroy one.

Also at this point if it's not Abnett writing Rich they will most likely not buy anything and they will continue bitching.

They are inconsequential.

>and female nova
oi vey

No, it was a sign the comic was getting too good, so the forces that be had to correct it by canceling it outright.
If bringing back Rich didn't bring sales, nothing would.

Why not, they'd just get cancelled anyway

Honestly speaking, I actually wish they had left Rich and Peter dead. Now Star-Lord and the Guardians are pretty much ruined, and I fear someday they may ruin Nova too, especially with a film. But probably I'm too autistic for the Big Two, which obviously don't want to kill off characters permanently, I might have to switch to indies or manga.

>Dick Rider
heh.

Holy shit, this guy gives himself credit for the book failing because he didn't talk about it on his stupid literally who site.

If everyone from the end of Thanos Imperative, things would have been fine and Sam might not have been met with so much negative reception.
But, purposely excluding Rich and making his death have no meaning were really bad moves.

Just for fun. Rich by himself lasted for 36 issues, never dipped as low as Sam did on his first volume, and was never out of the top 100.
Little after half way through Sam's first run, he was lower than 20k.

I completely agree. Marvel clearly wanted Peter back for movie synergy, but I'm sure things could have been solved differently. I'm going to blame this one on Bendis, memes aside.

I see I'm too tired to even type things correctly. Good night, everyone.

>Nova vol. 2 #1-18 (Jan 94 - June 95) and Nova, The Human Rocket vol. 3 #1-7 (May - Nov 1999)
pretty pathetic desu
Dickfans should kill themselves

Now post how long Vol 4 lasted.

How many issues of vol. 4 weren't event tie-ins?

Don't know off the top of my head, but I'm sure it's less than Vol 5's number.

Like 12

Let's see

Vol. 4:
>2-3: The Initiative
>4-7, A1: Annihilation: Conquest
>16-18: Secret Invasion
>23-28: War of Kings
>32-35: Realm of Kings
>36: Thanos Imperative
So 21 issues out of 37 were event tie-ins.

Vol. 5:
>8-9: Infinity
>18-20: Original Sin
>23-25: AXIS
>28: Black Vortex
So 9 issues out of 32 were event tie-ins.

So Rich had 16 non-event tie-ins vs. Sam's 23 non-event tie-ins despite Rich having 5 more issues than Sam.

I wouldn't count the initiative as an event tie in, since he doesn't actually do anything pertaining to Civil War.

Dickfags BTFO

> Anka Nova
> The costume is now just a bunch of triangles
> the helmet is now literally a bucket

Been putting up with bad costumes for five years now.

That's totally fucking irrelevant to what he said dipshit. He said the draw. The main appeal. Nova in space facing crazy cosmic shit. Period.

Kek

The only thing that could soften this harsh blow is if Nova gets confirmed for MvC:I.
Preferably with an alt costume from this run. I really liked the design.
youtube.com/watch?v=bIJG5nrzLQk

You know it's going to be Sam because of Loeb.

You'd better take those thoughts out of my head right now.

How is it "the draw" and "the main appeal" when up until Nova vol. 4, that wasn't at all what Nova was about. DnAfags really are cancer.

It's he main draw because it drew in a larger audience for Rich, your blathering idiot.
He didn't have a huge following, but Vol 4 gave him a steady one.

lol you didn't like half of DnA's run or most of Nova's first few decades
you're a faggot

I didn't know who he was until 2010, but I went back and read his older volumes.
The 4th one is easily his best one where Rich found something that works for him.
When Loeb hit the scene, he thought Nova should be a book about a teenager going through highschool, and since Rich had grown up a lot and was currently gone he went forward with Sam. You can clearly tell he's wrong and how badly it worked out
Rich spending time out in space is one of the main appeals for him.

Dick Book Killer Ryder

Not enough to keep his new ongoing lasting longer than 7 issues evidently. You're not a Rich fan. You're a fan of ONE run that you've idolized because it was your first. That's the problem with DnAfags. Yes, their Nova and GotG runs are great, but this "if it's not DnA, it's shit" attitude is beyond obnoxious.

You and I both know Sam killed this run.
Look at all the other books he's been on and how quickly they tanked. Fuck, vol 5, the one that lasted 31 issues, was below Marvel's threshold for cancellation for most of it. Is that really something to be proud of?

>I didn't know who he was until 2010
No surprise there.

You gonna do something other than leave a basic bitch response?

Nova should be a book about a teenager going through highschool

APOLOGIZE

you are going to do something besides be a crybaby newfag?
Ryderqueer

What's up, Jeph? Can you give us a little sneak peak on how much you'll make the New Warriors show suck?

It's very rare people give concession so easily, but you're handing it to me on a silver platter.
Can you post Pepe in your next response for me?

Yeah because aside from the Cosmic and Xandar related stuff it wasn't that worth it.

Loeb took Nova back to its core. A teenager trying to balance high school with the great power and responsibility bestowed upon him as the human rocket, a high flying hero charging head-first into danger. The whole "cosmic space cop with infinite power that he can barely handle thrown up against the unknown wonders and horrors of the cosmos, with naught but an all-knowing entity guiding his way" is Quasar's schtick. I mean shit, they literally killed off Quasar so they could give Rich that position. You want the Protector of the Universe? You should be asking for a Quasar ongoing then.

When a Quasar fan forum wants a new Quasar ongoing, they send Marvel a cake. When a Nova fan forum wants a new Nova ongoing, they send Tom Brevoort death threats.

Hey Loeb guess Sam is going to the CANCERverse

I am glad Quasar fans are enjoying Lesbian Quasar 2.0

>this much shit taste.
Eww KYS

He took it back to something that barely worked for decades.
Rich found his niche as Nova Prime, and Jeph thought Nova would be better going back to a Peter Parker clone. This is the same man who turned Ultimate Marvel into something that needed to be taken out Old Yeller style. Clearly he was wrong about Nova.
I don't remember anyone sending Brevoort death threats. Plus, he receives lots of hate for tons of shit he does because he's a dumbass.

>they send Tom Brevoort death threats

Nice try Brevshit you can't talk when you publicly tweeted about wanting to murder people on the bus.

ahhahhahah holy shit

How can you say Nova is pushing on Quasar's shtick when you literally quote another hero's doctrine in who he should be.

>A teenager trying to balance high school with the great power and responsibility

I'm actually totally OK with an ongoing about Wendell training someone to become the new Quasar as long as he gets a decent amount of panel time and isn't relegated to a purely supporting character role. Hopefully we get that ongoing after Secret Empire and it gets a creative team half as good as this volume of Nova got. I sure as shit wouldn't take it for granted and actually support it, unlike the DnAfags that have been crying for a new Nova ongoing just to not buy it when it finally comes out.

Wendell isn't training her anymore though.

>Rich found his niche when he stole it from Quasar's dead body
Fixed.

>dick rider

lmao

Not at this very second because she was needed to hold off the chitauri. Wendell even said she wasn't ready yet, but Captain Hydra threw her on the other side of the shield anyways to keep her from interfering.

And did it better

The last time Wendell had on going before Rich became Nova Prime was back in 1994. Eleven years before Annihilation.
Rich didn't steal anything, and he even brought Wendell back to life.

DnA's Nova doesn't hold a candle to Gruenwald's Quasar, твн fαm.

Wendell is retiring and she's not getting an ongoing

Also it's not like Quasar fans want her either, case in point

bringbackwendellvaughn.tumblr.com

Heck she supposedly died and tumblr didn't cry about it.

What a Richard

He didn't even give the book a chance because "not muh Nova, REEEEE" and his """"subtle"""" use of racism to refer to Sam Nova, and then the tooting of his own horn. I understand he's pissed off about Marvel's diversty fetish as of recently, but being glad that an actual solid book got cancel is not a good thing, cause Marvel won't see it as such and will simply push for more diversity.

Quasar who?

She has all of like half an issue worth of appearances to her name. She's more plot device than character at this point.

I don't think anyone believes she's dead yet.

This is almost as bad as Bennett having Stargirl cry while going down on a burning plane.

this

>Quasar died
lol ok

I don't think anyone really cares.

>supposedly

You could only call it tasteless if he either dies in there or ends up being stranded.

She gets swallowed by a space whale. She's already been said to be stronger than Monica, Blue Marvel, Hyperion, and Starbrand combined. There's no possible way she's dead.

>Wendell is retiring
Was any reason given for this other than "We need more female powerhouses"?

He seemed pretty interested in keeping the universe safe when he came back to life and recovered the bands.

redpill me on Nova
Could he beat a Green Lantern?

Nova Prime sure could. But a more interesting match would be Quasar vs a strong Lantern, since both make constructs.

But I thought it was space cop vs space cop
helmet vs ring
that sort of thing

Rich doesn't need his helmet to have his powers. Or at least he used to not need it, it's kind of unclear if the current writers know how that works.

Centurion or lower Nova, no. Nova Prime, yes. Black Nova, depends. Green Lanterns can make constructs, while non-Nova Prime can just fly really fast (human rockets) and shoot some blasts. Nova Prime can do all kinds of crazy shit and is basically the Nova version of Ion. Black Novas are overclocked Novas, so not Prime crazy but above what normal Novas could do.

Rich was a Centurion that became Nova Prime when all the other Novas were killed. Sam found his dad's old Black Nova helmet and started using it after Rich and presumably the small handful that he had recently recruited died.

Rich is Hal Jordan and Sam is Kyle Rayner.

Nova Prime would lose to Kyle

Ion powered Kyle sure, since not a lot of characters can fight reality warpers. But normal Kyle? He can take him.

Didn't that last like, one chapter and then he trained to become the white lantern?

Too much Cosmic awareness, didn't want end up like Genis

If we're gonna take characters at their pinnacles, Rich using Cancerverse form should be able to stomp him.
Lord Mar-Vell was untouchable.

how long did Nova Prime last?

Kyle is literately God

what the fuck is this stupid ass costume
also why does he have the rage spit but no rage symbol

why is he purple

He stayed Nova Prime for most of Vol 4, and Thanos Imperative ended with him still as Nova Prime.
Whether or not he still is Nova Prime is kind of up for question. He was getting beat by a nameless Chitari for a while and said Sam was faster than him, despite the fact Rich can move faster than light.

Kyle's time as Ion, rainbow, White, Omega and Godmode GL are cumulatively longer

The typical Centurian would get his ass whomped by an average Green Lantern of equal experience. Most were only about as powerful as one of the stronger Spiderman villains. They had enhanced strength, flight, energy blasts and gravity manipulation.

In contrast, a Nova with access to the whole Nova Force is literally a planet buster with the power to open warp portals that could transport planetary fleets for an indefinite period of time. Rich during DnA's run had all of the power and an alien AI called Worldmind. The AI protected his mind, accelerated his healing and give him tactical information like Jarvis on steroids.

Writers at Marvel always seemed to forget to take advantage of that. Usually, all you see him do is force fields and blasts.