Did this series turn out to be anything worth reading?

Did this series turn out to be anything worth reading?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wyQUCYl-ocs
youtube.com/watch?v=9pzvqunZlLc
youtube.com/watch?v=cMp57bUzOB8
youtube.com/watch?v=U_aYibUx1B8
dropbox.com/sh/klb92zwdd295dfy/AAAsDSHOz1Gy1k7uqk8dzAiGa?dl=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No.

Robinson is overrated hack who gets axed all the time.

Yes

No clue.

One of my favorite moments in comics history.

It was yet another retcon into Wanda and Pietro's heritage, now with more Gypsy magic

Also in the interviews before this came out I was really into what Robinson was talking about with ancient paganism, matriarchal society, female magic in general, and then later Christian views on "witchcraft".

Let's see how it goes.

youtube.com/watch?v=wyQUCYl-ocs

Santana: one of the all time best.

Robinson, like Waid, has been letting me down a lot in the past years. His Invaders was great though, as was Waid's DD.

This costume would work well in the movies.

But you can't beat Perez.

Fun fact: the classic story of Pandora, who opened a box and unleashed all of the evils on the world, was actually originally a completely different story.

Pandora was originally a daughter of Gaea, and she was born of the Earth. Instead of opening a box of evils, she spilled a jar of joys and love upon the world. She was essentially a mother of Golden Age humanity (what they called the race of man during the age of Titans).

Hesiod, who is the source of most of our knowledge about Greek myth, recorded the current version of the story, and the implication of the entire thing was that women are duplicitous and scheming and the source of all evil and strife in the world.

Historians use this as evidence of a shift from a matriarchal society to a patriarchal one over a couple thousand years of Greek history. We know of the original story from pottery and art that predates Hesiod by hundreds of years.

And as we all know by the time of Hesiod Greek men were much more... appreciative of the male form.

I wonder what a modern day society would look like if gay men were the majority. Maybe not too different from Wonder Woman's Bana-Mighdall :^)

That's about the closest I have to trivia about the subjects in this comic.

I mean, this basically has nothing to do with any prior version of Scarlet Witch. But I'm more interested in this than Marvel's attempts and failures to reboot Carol Danvers.

Watching The Exorcism certainly hurt my brain.

>Morrigan
Boco has been summoned.

Also dat ass

youtube.com/watch?v=9pzvqunZlLc

Well, whaddya think, Sup Forums? Anyone want issue #2?

Very cool

Yes

So it shall be

youtube.com/watch?v=cMp57bUzOB8

There are a strange amount of good songs about witches.

Good

Hey, it's Ferdinand! For you Wondie storytime readers

Nah.

This girl looks kind of like Gypsy from DC.

Oh wait shit it's Hekate! We're getting some Wonder Woman-relevant stuff this issue!

Xanadu

>Herc namedropped
My man.

Jesus christ this art.

youtube.com/watch?v=U_aYibUx1B8

Robinson just cannot help but do his research. That's why I admire the guy so much. I'd do the same if I was writing for Marvel or DC.

Don't make up new characters when there are perfectly good ones lying around unused.

These themes were explored in the GENIOUS (read: shitty) movie, Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders. Which I only saw because of MST3K.

Good art

And another.

Yes yes.

I've got all the floppies but haven't read em all. I think I'm up to 7 or 8 issues. It's great so far.

Steve Dillon ;_;

Dumping while I get lunch.

Not THAT kind of dumping, you sick fuck

I haven't been super engaged by this so I'm gonna quit posting, but I did upload the series:
dropbox.com/sh/klb92zwdd295dfy/AAAsDSHOz1Gy1k7uqk8dzAiGa?dl=0

okay. thanks for posting what you did. I was enjoying it.

>stopping right before she meets her mom

noooo

OK, just ONE more.

Frankda

yee. I feel like a kid who just tricked his mom into telling one more bedtime story. thanks Tex.

Art is just wonderful.

It's hard to say no when people legitimately want to read instead of shitpost.

The series had a couple good done in one issues, but Robinson struggled to balance introducing Declan Dane and figuring out a magical origin for Wanda and the connection with her mother. Also there was Pietro/CW2 issue.