That force projection at the end

>That force projection at the end
Holy shit. What an awesome reveal. Is that the most god like thing that has ever been accomplished in the entire Star Wars franchise?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>another star shit thread

It was pretty cool.
I really enjoyed Luke's portrayal in this movie, it was very compelling. It saddens me a bit that most of Sup Forums seems to hate it.

Yeah him keeling over afterward was incredible

Makes sense to me after what he accomplished. I would have added the cliche of him puking a bit of blood first, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM

sorry to disappoint you rian

>Star Wars tards are so butthurt about this movie that they actually gave you likes
Laughing my ass off

Too kino for Sup Forums

>pushes boundaries of what the force is
>clever visual storytelling
>ultimate show of mind over matter Jedi combat philosophy

Naturally, I hated it

This movie was so fucking shit, oh my god. I didn't even hate the first one.

>How did the Republic fall in a matter of weeks
>How are there only 400 resistance members? My fucking high school had 400 people, it's a galactic scale conflict.
>That meme shit with Poe pretending not to hear hux
>The organge CGI bitch just fucking in the middle of a fire-fight for literally no reason
>Luke throwing his lightsaber away
>Luke literally crying with tears rolling down his face in LITERALLY every scene he is in
>Here's an idea, let's kill off the two original actors who are still alive and have the dead one live in the film
>Leia force flying in space
>Rehash Hoth
>Snoke virtually pointless
>One bitch can fucking pilot a massive ship by herself and just aim it at the mega star destroyer and lightspeed it into it and destroy it. WHY THE FUCK DO THESE THINGS EVEN HAVE A TRILLION STATIONS WITH CREWS? WHY THE FUCK DON'T THEY JUST DO THEY TO DESTROY THE OTHER MEGA STAR DESTROYERS

I could go on all day, but you know what makes me the most upset?

>Build up ONE interesting plot line, paint Kylo to be extremely sympathetic, have very well done scenes with him and Rey bonding, truly understanding each other
>Blow it all in the end with "HAHA JUST KIDDING I'M AN EVIL PIECE OF SHIT WITH ABSOLUTELY NO REDEEMABLE QUALITIES"

Not if you count Legends.

when does he say this is not going to go the way you think??

I imagine her looking at a giant naked hologram of leia

$10 has been successfully deposited into your account

Don't forget casting bobby fucking lee as "generic diversity love interest"

No, he just sends some shitty illusion and dies anyway. Meanwhile, Leia gets to fly in outer space without a space suit.

Would've been cool if they didn't fuck up his character between VII and VIII
>Make an elaborate map for the good guys to find you when they need you and give part of it to your most trusted droid
>When they do find you you tell them to fuck off
There's no way anyone can unironically defend them fucking that up

It was very epic. I expected more of a long Anakin Vs Obiwan fight, but he wouldn't have been able to take that kind of fire power in the flesh.

Remember when Rey talks to him early on he jokes about the idea of taking on his entire army with a laser sword.

Also this power is foreshadowed by Kylo (which is also ironic because he sees Luke withstand walker bombardment and live, yet still goes down and gets trolled). Basically when the force connection is first established between Rey and Kylo, Kylo thinks she is actually in the room with him. Then he says "no, you're not doing this, the act would kill you. No this is something different."

Rey tries to do what Luke did with Vader in the OT with Kylo Ren. Luke tells her it’s not going to work. When she finally gets to Snoke after a conversation that mirrors the one Luke had with Vader, he immediately tells her she’s was too dumb to think he would let the same thing happen.

If he was going to die anyway why not just go there and do the same thing ?

Holy shit, I didn't even make that connection

KINO

He had no way to get there and only made the decision after having a heart to heart with yoda.

What's the purpose of force holograming yourself during a fight if you can still die when your force hologram gets hit? How did Luke survive all that blaster fire if force holograms can be killed? Did his force hologram cast a protection spell?

Luke martyrs himself on purpose.

Him dying has nothing to do with him "getting hit", brainlet.

>Here's an idea, let's kill off the two original actors who are still alive and have the dead one live in the film
heh, Disney obviously didn't think this part out when they had Carrie Fisher die.

>Implying that ship that was underwater for however many years was going to work
Come on

It seems the Hologram is invincible when established, but is a one time thing because it kills the force user to do something so powerful. Basically he did it because now he dies as a legend that will inspire the galaxy. The whole "hope" that Snoke said that skywalker would give the people.

This.

When the film sells like shit, they'll retcon Luke not dying.

Why did you put getting hit in scare quotes? That aside, do you mean to say that Luke would have died even if he didn't get hit?

He didn't due from being hit though? He was trying to stall for time and then died to become a force ghost. He didn't want to get hit by Kylo early on and give away his goose.

Also in doing so, his ruse inspires the remaining rebels, martyrs himself, and humiliates Kylo Ren in front of what can be assumed as high ranking officers.

Why recon it when they're literally bringing him back as a force ghost

When the kids in the end play with the skywalker toy, there is a makeshift cannon in front of him. He is playing the battle of crait.

Yes. He wasn't hit by anything, you dumbass. He projected himself across the fucking universe to fool Kylo Ren. Of course that takes a lot of exertion.

I know, I was saying that, dude

So how did he die and why are you so angry?

He didn't put it in scare quotes, you dumb fuck. He was quoting you. Are you incapable of understanding that someone is quoting you unless they use greentext? Or do they actually call quotation marks scare quotes at whatever dumb fuck charter school you go to? Is that it?

Force exhaustion.

read the fucking thread retard

>Build up ONE interesting plot line, paint Kylo to be extremely sympathetic, have very well done scenes with him and Rey bonding, truly understanding each other
>Blow it all in the end with "HAHA JUST KIDDING I'M AN EVIL PIECE OF SHIT WITH ABSOLUTELY NO REDEEMABLE QUALITIES"

This. Kilo didn't have an arc, he had a full circle. It didn't make sense
He should've stopped firing on the rebels and Rey should've joined him

Because they should've kill Luke halfway in Episode IX instead.

Sorry, I replied to you by accident

From projecting himself across the universe, obviously

They literally were scare quotes because he was implying that Luke didn't get hit.

>>How did the Republic fall in a matter of weeks
It was already falling. That was why they were Resistance. TFA never bothers to explain this (Even though it's pretty fucking important) but it's in supplemental material.
>>How are there only 400 resistance members? My fucking high school had 400 people, it's a galactic scale conflict.
Because TFO had killed a good chunk of them. Did you miss that?
>>Luke throwing his lightsaber away
A lightsaber is just a tool. The prequels set them up to be more than that because lightsabers make money. Luke also had a character arc that explains it.
>>Luke literally crying with tears rolling down his face in LITERALLY every scene he is in
But he doesn't.
>>Here's an idea, let's kill off the two original actors who are still alive and have the dead one live in the film
They had no way of knowing Carrie Fisher was going to die, and Harrison Ford had been trying to kill Han off for 40 fucking years. And Luke is likely going to return as a force ghost.
>>Leia force flying in space
I can't argue with this. It looked cheap and I honestly wonder if they originally had different plans but changed it to pay homage to Fisher's death. I'd have to rewatch it again to really be sure.
>>Rehash Hoth
People keep saying this but everything about the two is different.
>>Snoke virtually pointless
He always pointless. He was just a cheap Palpy rip-off.
>>One bitch can fucking pilot a massive ship by herself and just aim it at the mega star destroyer and lightspeed it into it and destroy it. WHY THE FUCK DO THESE THINGS EVEN HAVE A TRILLION STATIONS WITH CREWS? WHY THE FUCK DON'T THEY JUST DO THEY TO DESTROY THE OTHER MEGA STAR DESTROYERS
>Why don't they all just suicide bomb the other guys with super expensive space ships?

Luke did not get hit.

>reveal

HE LOOKED YOUNGER

HIS HAIR WAS SHORTER AND DARKER

HE HAS HIS BLUE LIGHTSABER WHICH REY TOOK AND WAS DESTROYED IN THE VERY PREVIOUS SCENE

HOW WAS ANYONE FOOLED BY THIS

I did actually enjoy the movie for what it's worth

>Kaching

Why would projecting a force hologram kill somebody though?

>knows about power
>Luke looks visibly younger
>using a lightsaber he just destroyed
>still falls for it
>Luke dies for no reason

Yeah, "kino".

Do you not understand how insane it is to create an illusion of yourself? Try doing that shit right now. Now try doing that on a planet a billion of planets away from you.

What about it is out of character for Kylo?

He lost the will to live.
But, seriously, he "died" same as Obi Wan, which is a retarded way to die

>becomes a martyr
>by dieing alone on some shithole planet

Okay and? You thought you smart but you didn't even know what scare quotes were when you tried to call me out.

The story isn't over yet. I think his arc is gonna look like an eight or nine by the end.

>When a brainlet attempts to show that a scene was bad but only ends up giving good arguments on why it was actually excellent
100% in character and it was masterful foreshadowing. God damn, what a scene. Of course, the majority of Sup Forums didn't appreciate it because they experienced it first hand via reddit spoilers, the cunts.

You're right. The main antagonist really is a imbecile. So, bravo Rian?

The map never made sense even if he wanted to be found. It was just a JJ Abrams mysterybox plot that had absolutely no fucking planned payoff. Much like Rey's parents. There was no satisfying conclusion to either plot. TLJ's biggest problem is that it had to piece together TFA's shoddy framework for a trilogy. The movie didn't even explain why there was a goddamn Resistance.

You're right, he didn't become a martyr. He won't be a symbol in death because everyone not force-sensitive thinks he's still alive.

He's reestablished the Legend instead.

No, we didn't appreciate it because it was fucking anti-climatic just like every important scene in this flick. Luke should have been there in person if you're gonna kill him off.

>reestablished the Legend
>never shows up again help

He also wasn't leaving any footprints

Why does Disney keep shitting on prequels when they can not even do better than a Ps2 game ?
Why ?

He will though, as a ghost.

Thank god you were not in charge of this movie and the people that were are a million times more creative and intelligent than you.

>DUDE DO EVERY SCENE FROM ESB AND ROTJ BUT IN THE OPPOSITE WAY LMAO
>creative

Your suggestion is more anti-climatic desu

Like Ben and Yoda did?

That's clever, the rest is so obvious it hurts

>le dude lmao meme
>le just meme
You're as predictable in your memes as you are in your film making suggestions. You got pleb-filtered, kid.

Confused Kylo is confused

After the battle in the throne room, Rey should have told him to calm to fuck down, order British dick general to stand down, then discuss next steps like rational adults instead of just “killing everyone”

But then there would be no story, so Rey decides to be irrational too and instead attempts to kill Kylo, then runs away after getting a shot at killing him while he’s knocked out, resulting in more people on her side getting killed

>Lets lightsaber phase through me
>"Heh, nothing personnel, kid"
>Teleports out of existence

Go to bed, Rian. Your movie is getting shat on and rightly so.

I can pretty much hand wave the whole "Luke using his blue saber" thing just because it can't be the only blue saber in existence, look no further to the Jedi assault on Geonosis. But really I think fans REALLY FUCKING WANTED Luke to fire up that green one and it wouldn't have even been "in your face" fan service. It would have been the good kind.

But yeah this movie is a series of missed opportunities with a few decent moments that don't make up for the sum of it's parts. It's a hot fucking mess.

So he inspired the 10 people that saw it happen, and apparently some slaves that will be the protagonist of 10 11 and 12. Just...

So basically some autistic emo dude is less redeemable than a walking weapon of terror that killed for decades?

Wtf Rian

Pleb status: Filtered

Does Luke ever actually kill anything with his lightsaber in TLJ?

Star wars is for kids

Rey and Kylo are doing the same on their own.

Almost like he's a pacifist, or something.

i loved luke's look during that entire scene. he looked great. he even looked slimmer and in better shape.

i was tired of the neckbeard shut-in luke

Obi-Wan Kenobi gives Anakin's lightsaber to luke. More specifically, Obi-Wan gives Anakin's second lightsaber to Luke. You can see Anakin holding it in his left hand. ... This is the one he uses against Vader aboard the Death Star.

The ending is absolutely perfect, a perfect conclusion to Luke's character. He fulfills Obi Wan's example, he reconciles his OT idealism with the understanding of the prequel's reality, he manages to hold off an entire army without abandoning his pacifism. It shows a strong understanding of the character, and the fact that he's pushing the Force harder that it ever has before fits great.
BRAVO

>Rey has obi wans original lightsaber in battlefront 2.

She must be related to obi wan - eventhough it said she was a junk traders daughter.

But all the leaks said he kills some dudes : ^ (

>perfect ending.

KYS faggot.

Last Jedi was shit - meant for faggot SJW"s like yourself.

Cancerous film.

Made by a faggot that looks like JJ abrams, thick black frames and all. WTF.

>Not interested in episode 9 what so ever.

>KYS
>SJW''s
You won't be missed, Reddit brainlet.

obi wan's secret daughter was a junk trader

You sound butthurt and like an idiot

>Then he says "no, you're not doing this, the act would kill you. No this is something different."

I didn't spot that. Kind of a weird thing to put there actually, as Luke's gambit would have actually been more believable if Kylo had no idea force projections were actually possible (which is what I thought)

Now it casts Kylo in a kind of stupid light since he seemed to not suspect anything after Luke just walked out of the dust cloud completely unscathed (holding Anakin's light saber to boot, the one the Kylo broke previously)

i was more hyped for the uridon review than the hitb

>Star Wars 8 is a great film, perfect ending

You won't be missed you fucking cancerous millennial, kys.

>last act many people see of this legendary old jedi master is standing down the first order that is about to wipe them out
His last act was expanding his legend even more. As seen by the kids talking about the same last stand.

Your mom was butthurt when she birthed you out of it.

Stupid pleb. Bet you voted Hillary lol.

>Republic's main city is blown up
>It is a Republic, so it would be made of representatives

Why didn't they just get more Reps and meet at another place?

>a HD hologram is considered the most powerful use of the force
the movies do a pretty shit job of showing why "the power to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the force". They could've down something cool like have luke actually be there and killing the AT AG with it's own shot

I am so conflicted about this movie, for this exact reason.

Because Luke's arc is basically perfect.
But the final scene happens in the movie's second act 3 in a row, and literally everything else that happens once they get to the planet is unnecessary and gratuitous.