Why the fuck didn't JJ step in and tell Rian that he's fucking up the lore with killing Snoke...

Why the fuck didn't JJ step in and tell Rian that he's fucking up the lore with killing Snoke, no mention of Knights of Ren and Rey's parents being nobody's?

Unless JJ has some plot twists for Episode 9 planned, he was producing this movie and could have easily told Rian to stop and think.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/starwars/2017/05/29/lucasfilm-no-plans-for-episodes-viii-ix-after-the-force-awakens/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If JJ knew Kathleen Kennedy would be so toxic that he'd have to step in and direct IX himself then I reckon he would've kept a close eye on XIII's production.

*VIII

Well I am happy that the Jurassic Wold faggot isn't directing 9. I wanted another director but hopefully JJ somehow fixes up Rian's errors

>we live in a timeline where JJ would have been preferable

>Colin Trevorrow, who will direct Star Wars: Episode IX, talked about the plan during a panel at the Sundance Film Festival on Thursday, according to MTV.

>“I asked the question, ‘Is it possible for us to shoot IMAX film plates in actual space for ‘Star Wars,’” he said. “I haven’t gotten an answer yet, but they’ve shot IMAX in space.”

At least Trevorrow had an ambitious idea. I am not sure JJ even has a soul.

Because JJ had nothing to do with Disney's Star Wars other than being a director-for-hire. Kathleen is in charge and she doesn't even know how to handle consistent storylines and characters. TLJ is now a prime example.

Have you seen Jurassic World? It has some of the worst comedy ever. I am glad he is not directing 9

No. I don't like Jurassic Park at all. If you're going to give me dinosaurs then give me gore.

Because the kikes want us to suffer. That is the only point.

>why didn't kike hack corporate stooge A do something about kikem hack corporate stooge B

who
cares

Because he was not even involved with this movie?

The real question is why the fuck did Disney allow this? They couldn't see this would tear the fanbase apart?

This

>hey thanks JJ for directing that movie, now go work on something else, we don't need you here anymore

>oh shit JJ, we need you back on star wars, this guy we hired to do episode 9 isn't listening to us, so you need to take the helm again
>by the way, rian wrote episode 8 without you, so now you have to work with the story he set up, and he killed some of the characters and plotlines you set up, have fun with that

This is like getting mad if someone new took over Lost and didn't answer all the mysteries before it because they wanted to make an acutally meaningful story.

Fucking. This.

>Because he was not even involved with this movie?
He was the producer meaning he was on set and was watching Rian fuck up his lore. Was JJ afraid of Kathleen or something?

>Why the fuck didn't JJ step in and tell Rian that he's fucking up the lore with killing Snoke, no mention of Knights of Ren

Because he literally does not care and never had a plan or grand arc for the new trilogy.

This is what JJ does every time. Set up a bunch of mysterious shit, tie half the threads up into a shitty bow and hope you forgot about the rest. He already got your money, so you're the sucker.

>, he was producing this movie and could have easily told Rian to stop and think.
Rian asked jj to make couple of little changes to tfa to set up tlj jj said no. Now it just looks like they tried to fuck each other up.

>Unless JJ has some plot twists for Episode 9 planned

The mastermind behind Lost. You think he actually has anything properly mapped out?

How does JJ feel about this movie?

JJ fucked everything up to begin with

>>oh shit JJ, we need you back on star wars, this guy we hired to do episode 9 isn't listening to us, so you need to take the helm again

JJ is not the hero here you fucking moron he never had a plan for any of it and did not even care to suggest what Rian should do with it.

Disney loved Rian's bullshit movie so much they gave him another trilogy to make, so suggesting they're not to blame either is fucking retarded.

Are you a literal corporate shill?

>Rey's parents being nobody's
if you couldn't tell kylo was playing her, you have actual autism. sorry

>If you're going to give me dinosaurs then give me gore.
Kill yourself

Ok enjoy your kiddy dino movies

Youre fucking retarded cunt

He should've went to JJ for advice. What a idiot.

Because he's a fucking hack

>He was the producer meaning he was on set
Just fuck off ignorant faggot
>watching Rian fuck up his lore
Jj himself fucked the star wars lore you little fucking cock sucker

The twist planned for Episode 9 is that it will actually be directed by M. Night Shamalamadingdong

This, if anything IX is going to be a mess with a fucking smoke monster in it for no fucking reason.

>you now remember he created lost

I will

>we're making it up as we go

Oh it shows Rian it shows

Who would have imagined the guy behind Lost wouldn't have a plan for where the story was going?

Do you think he even gives a single fuck?

It's fucking going to Kylo being possessed by the 'dark side' which is the smoke monster inside his body. Rey somehow exorcises it and it'll 'redeem' Kylo because he totally didnt have control over his actions so it is't his fault.

There's no fixing up this shit now, that's what's fucked up

>Unless JJ has some plot twists for Episode 9 planned,

No offense bro, but you have battered wife syndrome.
"maybe if I make a better sandwich tomorrow, he won't beat the shit out of me".

No. Who cares about your fucking sandwiches? the fact is that Disney has proven that it doesn't give a shit about you and is ruthlessly vicious with the franchise a whole. Maybe they might improve? yeah, well, maybe they will get worse and even more obnoxious.

It's time to leave.
It's time for star wars to end.

If you really need a star wars fix, there is some amazing comic books, novels and video games you can check out, with characters that are just as interesting as the ones in the original trilogy.

>Why the fuck didn't JJ step in and tell Rian that he's fucking up the lore with killing Snoke, no mention of Knights of Ren and Rey's parents being nobody's?
Maybe because he didn't have a fucking plan? He just made shit up with no thought and dumped it all on Rian.

comicbook.com/starwars/2017/05/29/lucasfilm-no-plans-for-episodes-viii-ix-after-the-force-awakens/

>yfw you realise that JJ only pitched the story for Episode 9 in the last 24 hours
Yeah, Episode 9 is going to suck.

>lucasfilm-no-plans-for-episodes-viii-ix-after-the-force-awakens

It makes George seem like a genius for just having a sketch in his mind of where the story was headed.

Episode 9 has been written by these people:

> Colin Trevorrow
> Derek Connolly
> Chris Terrio
> JJ Abrams
> Jack Thorne

No Kasdan, No Michael Arndt. And people why the story is a mess.

>Jack Thorne
the genius behind Harry Potter and the Cursed Child

Thank God Disney read all the shitposting against the Episode 7 and hired a competent writer/director instead of this jew hack. Episode 8 was so much better and original, the only stupid thing was Leia acting as a Super Grandma in space.

are you the same guy who thinks marvel film directors have control over the films?

are you THAT delusional?

>No Kasdan
TFA sucked. Solo: A Star Wars Story will probably suck too. The idea is inherently bad.

>Why the fuck didn't JJ step in and tell Rian that he's fucking up the lore with killing Snoke, no mention of Knights of Ren and Rey's parents being nobody's?

Don't you understand how Abrams writes yet? He's good at writing the beginnings of a story. All kinds of tantalizing plot hooks and mysteries that point to big reveals in the future.... but he's shit at writing the rest of the story, so he doesn't. And this is good because he genuinely had no idea how to flesh out those mysteries that he was so good at tantalizing us with.

So the next guy has to grab all of his nonsensical beginnings of a convoluted story and turn it into something that makes sense.

He's done it on every show and movie series he's been a part of.

But yeah, the Knights of Ren and Snoke's origin were compelling mysteries and we'd be getting shafted hard to not have them fleshed out.

Also, Kylo would seem a lot more badass with a shadowy team of evil Jedi being at his command. Perhaps (most likely) the portion of Luke's jedi temple that rebelled with him.

At least Kasdan respects the lore to reference it. You don't even need him to be a writer, just give him a story credit or have him as Gary Kurtz type of role so there is some continuity.

They're regressing back for Ep. 9

>At least Kasdan respects the lore to reference it.
What do you mean? I can't recall watching TFA and thinking "damn this movie respects the lore!"

Jj and kennedy had no fucking clue what the next part of the story was faggot. What are you struggling to undersrand here? Jj made a shit movie, so did rian but its nit lime he turned his back on their masrer plan. There was no fucking plan.

Do you think these people give a shit about art?

They'll still be earning their millions in the next film

>At least Kasdan respects the lore
Kill yourself

Where in that post did I imply that Disney isn't to blame for treating Star Wars like capeshit with revolving door directors? No fucking shit the movies are going to suck ass if you have three different directors working totally separate from each other with no god damn plan to begin with.

Next time think a little bit before posting your stupid drivel.

But episode seven aired before eight

Cancer

He did go to JJ for advice, you idiot. Go read the full tweet before looking like a dumbass.

Literally one of the most pleb things I've ever read anywhere.

Kasdan was the reason why TFA only had Luke in its final scene. He knew him being onscreen would upstage everyone else.

Blame Katherine Kennedy. Lucas had a set of treatments that she refused to use, then subsequently only hire a writer for one film.

The directors can change, but you still need a Feige character to run things behind the stage. Kennedy is no Kevin Feige.

I think the sole purpose of this movie was to set up Rian Jewnsons expanded trilogy. Like a special episode of Different Strokes where they introduce all the spinoff characters

Interesting. That was a retarded cliffhangar and the new characters were all awful. You're doing a horrible job at defending Kasdan.

Would the new movies have been godd if Mark was the one to direct them

Filming and production for episode 8 ended before JJ was given the keys to episode 9

Couldn’t be worse than the shit they made

This.

>Star Wars video games
I agree. There are some video games out there that litterally ARE the movies, they are an extension and an immersion, not some extended universe shit. There's many of starwars games but a few are really good

Can someone tell me why the bombers weren't affected by the vacuum of space during the opening sequence against the juggernaut or destroyer or whatever?

Do they use the same technology as the hangars?

Dark Forces Jedi Knight trilogy, The Force Unleashed. Best stories IMO

I like that Rey's parents are nobodies. I prefer that.

TFA had a better ending than TLJ. Kasdan's a hack, but I'm saying Rian was worse.

I think that could've been really great, considering how much Hamill loves SW.

It's so hard to just call George Lucas and ask if he want to write and direct the last episode?

Maybe Rian is worse. He's awful for sure, but you haven't explained how Kasdan respects the lore. TFA was a giant slap in the face to the force and to the OT's star war.

>implying Lucas hasn't already offed himself

This. Stop caring, op. That will solve everything

>not making plans for three movies
>announce that you are making a trilogy anyway
Disney is just fucking retarded. Consider the popularity of the Star Wars IP, an outline of three movies should have been the first thing done. Instead, Rian Johnson admits he wrote TLJ without knowing a damn thing about TFA.

And? He asked for a couple of things to hapoen in 7 so it would lead better in to . Jj said no. You fucking faggot.

What a huge fucking mistake that was

Maybe not as director, but as a writer yeah. I don't think DisneyWars is directed incompetently. I think it has been incompetently written

JarJar doesn’t know shit about the lore either. One film the falcon can make the jump to hyperspace from inside a hangar, the next film the ship rams into another one a couple miles away. There is zero creative control and no lore bible in these new abominations.

The only thing that made TFA worthwhile is when you thought it was setting up plot lines and mysteries. Now it is just complete shit

Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant too. It's late already.

Why didn't they get Timothy Zahn to write the trilogy? How come people demand comic and cartoon writers should write comic book movies but when Star Wars fucks up nobody demands titular EU writers to step in?

This trilogy is a fucking mess. At least the prequels had some sort of outline. Even capeshit has an outline, how did Disney fuck up this bad?

Oh I forgot they offered Rian a trilogy. He's gonna lose that.

Kasdan is a terrible writer and his contribution to esb is greatly exaggerated.

>producer on set

t.pleb

You are a fucking moron user.

People have been bitching for Zahn to get involvedfor years my man.

Everyone wanted the Thrawn trilogy adapted into movies since they came out. It was a widely held fan opinion.

Disney gave zero fucks, because they're staffed by a bunch of narcissistic douchebags.

They only threw a bone by having him canon again to save their Rebels tv show.

yeah, no. I like Zahn, but I doubt even he could've made sense of the shit JJ left everyone with at the end of TFA.

Do yourself a favor and just treat these new movies like the horrible tumblr fanfiction that it is, it might help making things hurt a bit less, and maybe even make us appreciate some of the dumber stuff the EU was throwing at us, a bit more in comparison.

>Also, Kylo would seem a lot more badass with a shadowy team of evil Jedi being at his command. Perhaps (most likely) the portion of Luke's jedi temple that rebelled with him.
Pretty sure those were the guys in red who him and Rey fought

>Colin Trevorrow

Nah fuck that guy. But after this is all over I want to see all these treatments for the sequel trilogy that disney vetoed. I bet there's a lot of great ideas that were dismissed because kathleen kennedy is retarded.

I honestly would prefer Kevin J. Anderson to this Disney shit.

Snoke is obviously still alive. He is probably doing what Luke did just a clone instead. Recycling the Palpatine Clone arc.

I hope not. A force sensitive munitions expert (The Armory) could have been amazing.

JJ is just a yes man who is doing it for a nice paycheck, but he has no control over Star Wars, that's Kathleen Kennedy who runs the show

Looking at the original script & ideas, it's obvious JJ didn't want to make a rehash of Episode 4, but he doesn't have the final say, he got told to make a safe reboot with a new "diverse" cast & was like "Okay"

oh and The Sniper. Couple of force trained motherfuckers with guns.

JJ forced the diversity you dumb fuck.

I really hope they actually do something with the Knights of Ren now that Kylo's in charge of the FO. Maybe have them go after Rey one by one. Like in Ninja Scroll.