Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i4tNuM9XttM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Autism?

Oh we certainly had it last night

>almost had

>high impact boing boing boing

No, we do have that.

We almost had a Killing Joke movie and a Judas Contract movie in 2009/2006 respectively. The Judas Contract got shelved because DC didn't believe there was much interest in Teen Titans at the time while The Killing Joke got shelved because Watchmen bombed. Both movies eventually got released (The Judas Contract being reworked into the DC Animated Movie Universe line)

There was a pitch for a movie based on Batgirl Year 1 that got scrapped because DC or WB wasn't interested in any movies that didn't star Superman or Batman at the time.

youtube.com/watch?v=i4tNuM9XttM
Obligatory.

Home on the Range was originally developed as a supernatural western called Sweatin' Bullets.

The leads were a timid calf and that peg-legged rabbit that made it into the final film, but the real hook was the villlains.

Alameda Slim and the Willies were originally conceived as literal "Ghost Riders in the Sky", that ran cattle off of buffalo jumps to their death to ruin the livelihood of the ranchers who owned herds that had trampled them to death.

Movie studio executives are the absolute dumbest people on the planet. Delusional homeless people could make better decisions than them. I'm flabbergasted that they even have enough intelligence to successfully dress themselves.

>he Judas Contract got shelved because DC didn't believe there was much interest in Teen Titans at the time

What in the name of fucking god... it was a hit cartoon that JUST ended!

Don Quixote has been tossed around as an animated Disney movie for years, going all the way back to Walt.

In the 1950s, Walt was trying to convince Salvador Dali to work on it just to be able to do something together what with Destino having been shelved.

This pic was visual development from an effort in the late 90s/early 2000s that would have been directed by Paul and Gaetan Brizzi, who did Firebird Suite for Fantasia 2000 as well as storyboarded much of the darker stuff on Hunchback of Notre Dame. Michael Eisner ended up canning it for being too dark during the era where he was canceling all the 2D projects in development at the time in favor of the new CG mandate.

You know on a second look this seems a little TOO orthogonal if you know what I mean. Like each scene's bones were animated entirely perpendicular to the camera's viewing angle. And while it's good to see traditional animation styles being added to 3D animation, the effect looks a little much like the way Flash moves/is arranged only with better projections.

Well still better than doing it the way almost everyone else does, posing action figures or piping in mocap input for static, inflexible animation.

ATLA Book 4: Air
ATLA Book 5: Spirits

Fraidy Cat was a project in development in the mid 2000s by Ron Clements and John Musker that was conceived as an homage to the works of Alfred Hitchcock where a cat is blamed for the disappearance of one of the neighbor's pets and works with his cockatoo flatmate to clear his name.

It was cancelled because the suits thought nobody would give a fuck about an animated Hitchcock thriller and it would just fly over the heads of little kids.

Potential?

Looking back, my choice of words may have been misleading. Specifically, it was said that:
> fan support hasn’t been broad enough to vault it past other titles.

Yeah, I remember the Judas Contract movie being announced WAY back when. It was actually one of the original DC animated originals announced, along with Superman: Doomsday. I always assumed that the Judas Contract movie was just a retooled version of what they already came up with.

Cats Don't Dance 2

Eric Powell had plans for a miniseries about the origin of Gigan, but Toho shot him down when he pitched it.