So...am I wrong....are the prequels better than this shit were getting (episodes 7 and 8)?

So...am I wrong....are the prequels better than this shit were getting (episodes 7 and 8)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ibkmh72_1pw
youtube.com/watch?v=erFcYsC6JaY
youtube.com/watch?v=vAM80pXTjYQ
youtu.be/8iRCucHqwso
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes

I actually rewatched them and masturbated a lot

>what kind of shit is better to eat- nutty or smooth?
Neither.

You already know the answer OP. Asking people on a chinese basketweaving board isn't going to change it.

No. People here only hate the new ones because they're popular.

Only Episode 3, Episode 1 and 2 are objectively shit but thats not to say they don't have there high points as well.

>10/10
1. Star Wars (Lucas, 1977)
>9/10
2. The Empire Strikes Back (Kershner, 1980)
>8/10
3. Return of the Jedi (Marquand, 1983)
>7/10
4. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Edwards, 2016)
5. Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Abrams, 2015)
>6/10
6. Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (Lucas, 2005)
7. Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Johnson, 2017)
>5/10
8. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (Lucas, 1999)
>4/10
9. Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (Lucas, 2002)
>3/10
>2/10
>1/10
10. Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Filoni, 2008)
>0/10

They were bad, but it seemed like someone actually was creative and tried to tell a story in a new way.

They probably would work better as video games.

Also, what is episode 7 and 8, I've never heard these words before.

>IV a 10/10
>V a 9/10
Stopped reading after that

5 > 4 > 1 > 6 > 3 > 2
Everything else is non-canon.

OT: 8, 9, 10
PT: 4, 5, 6
ST: 6, 7

Will IX be a 5/10 movie or an 8/10 movie?

But IV is a perfect movie.

No, they're still worse. You can say they were more """creative""" but if you don't want to sit through all the bullshit the prequels offer that doesn't make them any better than the shallow shit from the new ones.

At least i cared about the prequel characters a little. These new ones are shit.

There is an actual story we can follow...with real answers and an ending

Character motivations generally made sense in the prequels, most of the movies are about building up to the moment where anakin turns in ep 3, if that moment is sold the films will work. The reception 3 has been given leads me to believe the succeeded.

In the sequels I can take almost any character in a scene and ask you why they are behaving in a certain way and most of the time the audience won't have an answer due to poor characterization. It's clear that the buildup in these films is a redemption arc for kylo, all we're waiting on is to see if they subvert it or play it straight.

The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Luke is a cliched everyboy "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the fifth and the sixth episodes. Anakin's emotional instability and his exposure as a psychopath are gripping; and his doomed relationship with Padme is touching. In the "original trilogy" Han, Leia, Darth Vader and Obi Wan are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths in those movies? Leia's planet destruction, Luke's stepparents' death, all of the blown up rebels--the list could go on--all the deaths are forgotten moments later.

As for direction, the movies from the "original trilogy" were mostly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. The prequel trilogy is a work of a "vulgar auteur".

I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here are my sincere rankings:

1. "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"
2. "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"
3. "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"
4. "Star Wars"
5. "The Empire Strikes Back"
6. "Return of the Jedi"
8. "The Force Awakens"
9. "The Last Jedi"

Episode 7 and 8 aren't even Star Wars movies. They are Marvel flicks masquerading as one.

>I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here are my sincere rankings:
>1. "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"

Declaring Disneywars non canon is the equivalent of putting your fingers in your ears and screaming "lalalalalalalalalala I can't hear you!"

> 1 >

The Bell Curve is a bullshit book and everyone knows it.

I see things like this

4 5 6 are canon. Luke wins! Empire ends. Peace is here.

Rogue one is the true prequel.

Everything else is not canon.

you goys are trying way too hard. go get laid holy fuck

No one reads twilight anymore.

Prequels aren't shit.
They are chocolate with peanut bits, retards that don't even taste it think it's shit because of the appearance but it's actually a smashing taste bud party.

Stay mad, low T

You know what? I'm ok with that actually.

I just finished TLJ. It was garbage.

Fuck you, you made me want to watch thr prequels again

Anakin and Padme was the only interesting relationship in all of these flicks

PT, OT, and EU are canon.
DT isn't.

This isn't an opinion, it's a fact. The white slavers aren't in control of anything just because they paid a large sum of money, what matters are the minds behind the creations and Disney is nothing more than a third party, making their creations simply fanfic.

Ok? I don't give a shit. Disneywars undermines the OT both thematically and from a technical standpoint. There's no reason to consider it canon if you're a fan of the OT. You should calm down.

Truly a patrician ranking here, the only skilled viewer ITT.

My only gripe is that I consider "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace" (1999) to be the overall strongest entry, though "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones" (2002) is a greater spectacle.
t. millenial flyover rube

Clone wars movie is better than TLJ

They're both bad, but for completely different reasons.

Prequels where shclocky, stilted, and melodramatic as fuck.

Nu trilogy is trying too hard to be light popcorn-tier Marvel fluff. Except it doesn't work, because at least that style is consistent with the majority of the Marvel movies, while coming across as jarring and tonally dissonant with the new SW films.

The prequels were shit in ever respect but one, they weren't just tired pointless remakes of the original trilogy with a handful of plot points arbitrarily rearranged.

(You)

Yes, you're wrong.

A New Hope is laughably bad, why is it held in such high regard?
Star Wars was never good.

Why do you faggots care so much about children's movies?

yes, looking back now the prequels were better. not good, but better

for me the last hour of revenge of the sith is the best star was after empire

Everything since Lucas sold Star Wars rights is non-canon. This new stuff is like amateur fan-made movies if fans had the money to buy the rights and pay for lots of CGI.

Maybe one day Disney will realise that money can buy good directors and script writters as well.

you're an idiot, the new characters are a hundred times better than anyone in the prequels

>$0.02 have been deposited in your account

imagine the unemployed Sup Forumscuck that spent hours making that image just so he could post it here

further proof that 90%~ of the spergs hating on TLJ are doing it for political reasons

anyone who thinks episode 7/8 are better than any of the 1-6 must literally eat a diet that consists of 85%+ pure soy

yes you should've know jew wars was going to be shit the moment tfa and "battlefront" released

Anyone who thinks any of the three prequels are better than literally anything knows absolutely nothing about how movies are made. Some of the most badly conceived, written, and directed films ever given a wide release. Just by virtue of basic competence, the new ones are better.

you forgot to trademark your comment *brought to you by Disney

After TFA, I would have said no. With another movie...I’m really starting to rethink. If the last one doesn’t do something spectacular, the prequels will win out by virtue of having a consistent plot through all three movies

It was shit long before that newfriend

right around 1999

Prequels could have had potential but they didn't fulfill it.
Force Awakens was bland
Last Jedi needed to be much tighter and a better plot but at least it had some great visuals

so you don't deny your diet consists of 85%+ pure soy?
>i bet you waited in line at McDonalds for 16 hours for that sweet sauce before getting skunked and then paying $15 for a single fried soy based nugget dipped in the liquid hfcs soy based sauce

>prequels
>consistent plot

Have you been huffing gasoline?

>LE MEMES XD

Go away.

I see you are a plinkett fan too!
haha so true, these plebeians just can't UNDERSTAND how bad the prequels are, we're like beacons of knowledge in a black sea of ignorance

>he was too old or too young to play prequel star wars vidya
old wouldn't be too bad because you still had all the cool pc tie fighter sims and super star wars, but I honestly feel bad for kids that won't get to play fun star wars games because the source material is so creatively bankrupt

you gotta cover up your ears with your hands, close your eyes and yell wahhhhhhhhh for that to work

It's common knowledge the prequels are terrible and pretty much everyone agrees except for racist neckbeards on Sup Forums.

That sounds like projecting since you're the autistic manbaby throwing fits on the internet over a space fantasy for kids and I'm the one saying it was fine

you don't get paid without the *paid for by Disney tagline

Yep, the only bad things about the prequels are Hayden Christensen's acting and Jar Jar, prove me wrong.

Too early to tell. Based purely on 7 and 8, they're about equal. If 9 is as bad as 8 (and it probably will be, Rian fucked over Abrams, and it's not like making his own shit is one of Abrams's strengths), then the prequels will definitely be the superior trilogy.

Of the prequels, TPM is the only one that's irredeemable. You could cave a pretty solid duology out of the prequels if you gutted TPM and some of AOTC.

Yes. Revenge of the Sith is the best SW film after ESB. NuWars will never capture that Shakespearian tone in Ep3.

totally false!

AOTC is a shit show but throughout the entire trilogy is the theme of a Democracy dying. Lucas kept to that theme from Ep 1 to Ep 3.

I respectfully disagree, I hated AOTC but didn't think TPM or ROTS were that bad (ROTS actually being one of my favorites). I think the battle between the prequels and sequels needs to cease till we get our hands on 9, then the real podracing begins.

no, you're not wrong, Prequels are better than nu-Wars.

Story wise, yes they are. If only a competent director made them.

TPM has a couple major flaws. The Trade Federation story-line is pretty nonsensical and doesn't lead well into the Clone Wars plot that AOTC and ROTS deal with, the aging of Padme and Anakin leads to a disconnect between their characters in the later films (and it makes their relationship kinda off-putting, not that that's a new thing for SW romance), Jar-Jar and the gungans were just too obnoxious, and Tatooine lasts too long for what is a fairly minor part of the movies central plot.

I could be mistaken, but I don't think Anakin is ever stated to have been born on Tatooine. Move him to Naboo, that way the bulk of the movie can stay there. Instead of being a trade dispute, make the Naboo conflict into the first battle of what will later be termed the Clone Wars. Instead of having the Republic just ignore a client planet being invaded, have them try to respond but get BTFO by the droid army.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ibkmh72_1pw

Phantom Menace
>Duel of the Fates, Podracing, Darth Maul, Taken
Attack of the Clones
>Padme, Clones, Kamino, Jango Fett, Yoda
Revenge of the Sith
>Darth Vader, Clone war, Sheev, Order 66

Nuwars
>titty milk, snoke dies, kylo gets ass kicked, mary sue, han death, luke death, leia lesbian

Apples and oranges
Do you want interesting ideas executed sloppily or bland ideas executed competently? They are two different but failed attempts to reach what the OT achieved.
I haven't seen TLJ yet so idk if the trend will continue

By all reports it's a mixture of terrible ideas and bland rehashes executed sloppily.

But what about the droid attack on the Wookies?

>shitting on a movie because of your snowflake political opinions
when this movie breaks a billion the Nazi tears will be delicious

You're not wrong.

I know this is a troll post, but if I could bet on this movie making Disney shittons of money, I would bet all my savings.

Breaks a billion? Okay, I expected this movie to do extremely well, but there's no way it will make a billion.

>7/10
>Rogue One

TFA made like 2 billion, normies watch anything star wars no matter how bad it is

And they say TLJ took risks

Just cant accept that people dont want to see little faggot sjw shit.

The CGI and sound fx in the 3 Disney Star Wars movies have been underwhelming af
Explosions all have the same dark orange look, barely any particles. The space fights look cartoonish now compare TLJ opening with ROTS. Finn and Rose riding those giant dogs?
The OT and Prequel movies had groundbreaking sound designs. Now it’s all recycled bullshit used in your average action flick.

I miss stuff like this

youtube.com/watch?v=erFcYsC6JaY

>hits an old man in the back of the head
Our heroine, ladies and gentlemen. If these films are for kids, why are they teaching kids to act like brats?

What about the Crhistmas Special?

>are the prequels better than this shit were getting (episodes 7 and 8)?
not even a question, they are better by far

only disney shills deny this

youtube.com/watch?v=vAM80pXTjYQ
prequel music is also amazing, I can't remember a single new track from the disney films

What Final Fantasy VII cutscene is this?

>worse than disneywars
Hello literal brainlet, nice to meet you.
>JJ pitch me your idea
>so like there's this orphan who grew up on a sand planet
>yeah, yeah
>she doesn't know her real parents but she gets embroiled with machines and flies really well
>how is she good at flying
>turn off your brain it's just a movie nerd
>okay, you're right sure
>so then she meets up with this potentially untrustworthy companion and gains a mentor who has deep knowledge of this hidden by-gone era
>ooooooooh
>yeah and then they get involved in this rebellion
>wait that sounds familiar
>did I say rebellion? I mean RESISTANCE yeah. It's like this small operation that fights this bigger whiter organisation
>didn't the rebels win? Why are their so few fighters
>like um, war is wrong and shit right?
>o-oh
>so then they go on and destroy this MASSIVE space base that can shoot lasers and destroy planets. but while they're there her mentor DIES giving her his final approval and a memento of the past
>WOW JJ this sounds fucking amazing! Why hasn't someone made a film like this before?!

GOAT Star Wars SFX

Obi-Wan and Sheev are better than Finn, who was my favorite TFA character.

youtu.be/8iRCucHqwso

This’ll never be topped

Thus far yes.

The last jedi has taken the title from Attack of the clones as the worst Star Wars movie.

AotC was never actually that bad if you remove what happens down inside the arena.

Every prequel film should have been about Obi-Wan/Anakin doing fun shit. This first scene is by far the best of ROTS.

Genosis was my favorite part of the prequels. It's a shame we'll never get a version with better CGI

>being this insecure