Genndy said we'd know what direction the show was going in by episode 5 or 6. So, where are we headed?

Genndy said we'd know what direction the show was going in by episode 5 or 6. So, where are we headed?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/samuraijack/comments/66fxhw/my_speculation_for_what_might_happen_the_rest_of/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Disappointment.

Jack and the whore get together. Jack dies and the whore is the one to defeat Aku. Thanks, feminists.

That Ashi is pretty much Jack's morality pet and through redeeming her he helps find himself again

>Trips of truth
>First post
>Literally me
The perfect mix to concoct:
FIRST POST BEST POST.

there is actually no chance that Jack dies

>5 episodes left...
>developing characters
genndy what the hell are you doing?

He's gonna sacrifice himself for her and that will be the final straw which allows her to be angry enough to kill Aku.

But she's a good character? Why are you mad for no reason? Do you even have proof that a feminist is the cause?

Jack will NOT die, there's is absolutely no way Genndy would end the show without Jack getting back to the past.

>character routinely gets captured, doesn't win anything, is clearly weaker in all respects to the MC
>/r9k/ still chimps out about muh feminist agenda muh strong female characters

hmmm...

episodes left...
*3*

*5*

isn't jack gonna commit sudoku?

she will definitely carry on the fight

upside down satan trips confirm

I'm actually afraid this will happen. Nothing against Ashi but having her be the final character is gay af.

I'd actually be okay with Aku finally being killed off by one of his stupid-as-fuck ideas.

>Female character gets any modicum of attention
>MUH FEMINAZI SJW REEEEEEEEE

It would be in keeping with Miller's original comic.

He could die defeating Aku, or he could kill him and get stuck in the future. It's all up in the air. I'd like for him to live and find some sort of happiness, though. He's gotten shit on way too much.

It's unrealistic though. Girls are pretty flat characters irl

After enduring the Gurl Powah bullshit from the 90s until now and still ongoing? I'm sick of Female characters being presented as smart, strong, good comrades to men, etc. It's just too much bullshit. Stop presenting twats as everything they have NEVER and will NEVER be.

A bitch like Ashi is good for one thing, a extra thick cum dumster.

sadly this

The worst part is if you were to ask Genndy that the creation of Ashi was always planned during the initial run of the show? The hack will say that yes, Ashi was always planned.

The only thing this stupid series ever needed was Jack being able to kill Aku without the bastard running away from the Killing Blow.

/r9k/ pls go

Someone needs to post the screenshot.

The Daughters weren't even his idea. It'd be kind of poetic if one of the ripple effects of his evil influence on the world ended up doing him in, but really any ending where Jack isn't the one who kills Aku is not going to go over well in any way.

someone else suggested that while jack kills aku we see ashi getting revenge on his mom, i'd like that actually

That would definitely be the best conclusion as far as the final battle goes.

i disagree completely but this post is too powerful

The sword requires it's user to be pure hearted to be able to fully use it's powers.

Jack's father couldn't defeat aku, only seal him because he had killed a man.

Jack WAS able to defeat Aku, but now cannot because he has killed

Ashi however, has not killed anyone.

He was probably forced into putting it in by the kikes running the studio.

>the scene with aku killing the scotman with a tired expression was a parallel to ashi "dying" while insulting jack

genndy is a genius

>Ashi however, has not killed anyone.
She killed archer lady in the first episode, and not-Moltar in the most recent one

Ugh, this sculpt is nasty.

Why is her nose so bony and thin. She's asian, it would be shorter, and the bridge would be less defined. And her eyebrows are in the crease of her eyelids...

That hairline too... christ man. Get some reference

He really did nothing wrong and I feel sorry for him.

>show ends with Aku killing Jack and Ashi
>they never get back to the past

oh ok

Why does Aku need to die again?
He didn't kill anyone who didn't deserve it.

Didn't Genndy mention that the finale will be emotional? Emotional in what way though?

This, sadly. They're pushing Ashi real hard and all the samurai tropes are being fulfilled. Jack's old, he's not as good as he used to be, he even lost his damn sword. The Scotsman was killed off, too. Jack's going to die or retire and Ashi will take over. I can only hope Jack's character will be preserved and it will be a student/teacher relationship. If Jack and Ashi fall in love then Genndy's a fucking hack.

>getting confused about a redemption arc
Ashi travels and find Jacks Sword and returns it to him.

The first case of the next Phoenix wright game
>Turnabout Samurai

We only know that he killed a man after the first fight with Aku, because Jack was around

He can't commit sudoku until he finds his sword.

>muh r9k boogie man
tumblr

>she's a good character
Because you can fap to her doesn't make her a good character.

Handstanding Satan is correct.

Give it one more episode

Why does it feel like everyone's projecting their worst case scenario onto this thread as an opportunity to get outraged?

>jack dies
>a new future is written
>ashi is jacks father in this AU
>ashi teams up with scotsmans daughter

>Ashi is Jacks father.

Wat

If there's one thing I have to complain about, it's how Jack has had these really good sets of clothes, only to lose them like five minutes later.

I can't wait until the ending is great, and all you faggots make posts saying you never doubted Genndy.

because thats what newfags do everywhere they go. its a crippling symptom of having not lurked enough before posting; getting offended and scenarios you made up yourself

Wiki wrote that as Jack's clothes being a representation of his hope and how he always loses it.

Meh

This. It had so much potential in the first few episodes too.

They're humans, mate. Just as diverse and capable as men.

Fpbp.

Nobody else would get so buttflustered over the existence of a female character that isn't even OP.

No.
But your digits confirms blessing of the Gods.
It left me confused.

I think I know where it's going. It's going to be somewhat similar to how the official non-canon comic ended the story, at least in concept: Jack amasses an army to take out Aku once and for all. The twist is that Jack has lost all hope, and it's up to his allies, including Ashi, to help Jack get his groove back, as he's the only one that can lead them to victory.

Genndy probably said Episode 5-6 because Scotsman basically said they would regroup to find Jack, and Episode 6 looks like it'll be Ashi meeting up with a bunch of characters from previous seasons in her search for Jack, with the end being her convincing him to not kill himself.

By the end of Episode 8 Jack will be back to his former glory, and by the end of Episode 9 he'll have the sword back. Then Episode 10 is where it all goes down.

I think it's a pretty good way to go about it, now that it's become clear. Jack instilled hope in a dystopian world, and now that world must instill hope in him.

In what episode do we get the robes and pony tail back in?

Alucard

These cunts are literally never going to be happy. I doubt half of them even have an ideal ending in mind, and if they do, they'll get their panties in a bunch over some minute detail that didn't go EXACTLY their way and trash the whole season. And then there are the adult virgins who already wrote off the season because they can't handle the fact that Genndy introduced a female character because they hate women and/or want Jack to be as lonely and miserable as themselves. You can tell because they spew bullshit excuses about the focus not being 100% on Jack (happened very often in the earlier seasons), she's a Mary Sue (far less strong than Jack and probably not as strong as Scotsman, clearly has some personality flaws), she was shoehorned in (Scotsman was considered a major character after only a couple of episodes), why did it have to be a female (why does a major character have to be male? and SJ has had plenty of female characters), etc. The miserable denizens of this board are desperately searching for reasons to be mad.

Thanks for actually answering the question, this sounds pretty legit.

>needing proof
>in Trump's America
>2017

Trips confirm, God is dead, Genndy's a hack and all is but fortune

>this bootyblasted about standard Sup Forumsntrarianism

lurk moar

Probably 8 or 9.

I'm thinking the second half of the season goes like this:
>Episode 6
Ashi travels through various locations, learning about Jack's adventures from a bunch of characters from the previous seasons, then finds him right before he kills himself and convinces him to not go through with it.
>Episode 7
Uncertain what happens here exactly, probably setup for the last 3 episodes, however they go about it. Jack & Ashi retracing steps to find The Sword, Scotsman's Daughters searching for Jack, Aku deciding to send some feelers out about what the Samurai is up to, whatever.
>Episode 8
Jack & Ashi meet up with the Scotsman's Ghost and his daughters and the army they've been building. They find a lead to get the Sword back, around the same time Aku learns Jack has lost it. Then it's a mad dash to get the sword before Aku reaches them.
>Episode 9
Rallying up the armies on either side, preparing for the final battle, with Jack finally returning to his former self by the end of the episode. Climax of this will probably be the end of Ghost Conscience Jack right before they charge into battle.
>Episode 10
Animation Budget runs wild and we get a definitive conclusion.

I'm pretty excited.

Are you an idiot, user? It's already been more than an hour's worth of episode time. How is that not enough time to develop someone's character?

i loved the idea from the comics but the "50 years have passed" kind of leave us with a lot of less characters for the "army"

>muh tumblr boogeyman
Sup Forums

No, you lurk more. As much as some of Sup Forums likes to be Sup Forumsntrary, a lot more of Sup Forums enjoys arguing and berating idiots. People want to rub it into dumbasses' faces how retarded they are and get even more pleasure from the high that kind of superiority creates. As much as Sup Forums is a place for idiots to spout their retarded opinions, it's also a place to insult and demean them as well. It's just that, it feels better when you use actual logic to do so. There's a resonance between using a sound and unquestionable logic to deal with fools.

>that's the joke.jpg

don't tell me how to live my life

meant to quote also with the scotman kind of worked, but it would be very weird to have excuses like "of the dogs are cyborgs now" or "the thief is also a ghost"

Dogs are useless and deserve beatings

Anyone here having fun watching the show? Anyone? I thought the rule was with Sup Forums, Sup Forums and Sup Forums was to let the dust settle before bashing something.

A lot of the people Jack helped were groups rather than individuals. The S5E6 preview shows what are almost certainly Woolies from early Season 1.

I'm really enjoying it. I watch it with a group of friends and we do get hype. I'll usually scroll through the live thread sticky on my phone during breaks as well.

Ashi: Glad you could make it, Jack!
Jack: Watch your tone with me, girl! You may be independent, but I’m still superior as a father.
Ashi: As if I could forget. Listen, Jack, there is something about Aku you should know... Oh no, it’s too late! This place may look fine now, but it’s just a matter of time before mercenaries come.
Jack: What?
Ashi: The sudoku must be commited.
Jack: How can you even consider that? There's got to be some other way.
Ashi: Damn it, Jack. As the your loving daughter, I order you to commit sudoku.
Jack: You are not the master yet, girl. Nor would I obey that command even if you were!
Ashi: Then I must consider this an act of ignorance.
Jack: Ignorance? Have you lost your mind, Ashi?
Ashi: Have I? Jack, by my right of succession and sovereignty of this empire, I hereby relieve you from your command and leave.
Scotsman: Ashi, you can't just...
Ashi: It's done! Those who will fight against Aku, follow me. The rest of you... get out of my sight.
Jack: You've just crossed a terrible threshold, girl.
Ashi: Scotsman!
Scotsman: I'm sorry, Ashi. I can't watch you do this.

Jack dies in the future and after Aku is put down Jack wakes up in the past like it never happened.

Because the people bashing it aren't from Sup Forums, most likely some bored contrarians from Sup Forums trying to start shit and "controversy" with a popular show by spouting as many buzzwords as they can. Hence why you see people incorrectly use the term "Mary Sue".

If Jack's waifu sidekick is the one that kills Aku I'd be disappointed

This is (just in my opinion) a matter between Jack and and Aku and a 1v1 battle suits a silent protag like Jack, not to mention how rewarding that would feel after all these years of buildup

This sounds pretty accurate.

Predictions about what happens the rest of the season based on episode descriptions:
> Episode 6: Ashi searches for Jack and encounters places and people he's saved before. Seeing the hero he really is, she convinces him not to commit seppuku when she finds him (the Horseman is somehow involved; she helps Jack fight his inner demons). As Ashi misses Jack, she starts to develop feelings for Jack.
> Episode 7: With Jack's confidence back, Jack and Ashi do a bunch of spiritual and mental tests to recover Jack's sword. Jack and Ashi develop a relationship with each other (I believe Genndy could portray this in a good way).
> Episode 8: Jack and Ashi's growing relationship is temporally put to a halt when they are hunted by one of the strongest creatures in the galaxy; The Scotsman prepares his army.
> Episodes 9 & 10: The High Priestess teams up with Aku (she knows Ashi very well and Ashi having a relationship with Jack could be Jack's weakness). The Scotsman's new army attack Aku's lair, this distracts Aku allowing Jack and Ashi to enter. Sometime during the battle Ashi must trust her indoctrination from her mother or trust Jack; the ultimate test. Jack manages to kill Aku, but then dies due to his immortality being linked to Aku's time travel. Ashi inherits Jack's sword and white robe and Jack will be remembered as a king by Earth and Ashi and the Scotsman's army help rebuild a better future. Jack being dead lets him reunite with his ancestors in peace. The Guardian of the Time Portal makes a cameo, but his time portal was destroyed by Aku sometime ago. The prophecy that did come true is Jack becoming King.

>999
>Falling for undercover satan

Fools

I hope this happens.

The horseman is going to teach Jack that it's time to go 'Nobunaga at Mt. Hiei' on Aku.

I made an updated version on reddit.

Link: reddit.com/r/samuraijack/comments/66fxhw/my_speculation_for_what_might_happen_the_rest_of/

kill yourself

>there's is absolutely no way Genndy would end the show without Jack getting back to the past.
>Premise that exists to tell endless silly stories in an 'anything goes' magical post-apocalyptic sci-fi future
>Like they'd ever resolve the basic premise of that show while it still held endless potential for cartoon storytelling

Perhaps the moral of Samurai Jack is you can't always change or focus on the past, but instead improve the present for a better future.

Doesn't jack have the fucking gem of chronos?

can't he just za warudo anything?

Hows that bullshit russian ties story working out for you blue?

Oh wait, its totally dropped from the news cycle? wonder why.

>there's is absolutely no way Genndy would end the show without Jack getting back to the past.
... said the user who's apparently never read a single work of fiction in his life.

Seriously, even way back in the original run of the series it was pretty obviously foreshadowing that Jack would eventually choose to remain in the future.

because he deflected with the syria attack and best corea provication

after that shit dies down guess exactlly what reporters are going to go back to reporting on?

I still would love it if Genndy really went past the radar and animated a sex scene, which would really show the maturity of it.