You know it's going to suck right?

You know it's going to suck right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d7n3-Ea3BW8
youtube.com/watch?v=BngcLnLZgA8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Can't think of a single reason to believe it won't

I enjoyed MoS and BvS, I see no reason why I won't enjoy this.

Impossible. the hype of seeing DC heroes together by itself will carry the movie. You can't ruin this

that much is obvious

>no plastic man

dropped

You said that about bvs

Yeah but Sup Forums will eat it up and write 20 page essays about its magnificence to spite Disney fans.

this ain't the 90s grandpa no one cares about DC characters

It won't be perfect, but it's already an improvement on what they did with MoS and BvS, though I liked both of them along with SS. By being less gritty and more colorful is a step in the right direction, and it seems like it will have a good amount of light hearted moments, without going super quip heavy like some of the more recent Marvel movies. It also won't beat viewers over the head with God imagery like BvS, so that's a plus. After this movie they'll be more comfortable with the new direction and will be able to start the next films with that in mind, rather than having to make changes like they did with this and SS.

Jesus, what did they do to Don Lemon?

Fuck off, Sup Forums

I actually enjoy the DCU so far, just hope superman's return is epic

Why the hell are they now hiding Superman like it's going to be a big reveal that he's coming back?

>It also won't beat viewers over the head with God imagery like BvS, so that's a plus
How exactly are you able to say this before the movie is out?

Look at the quality of the cast

It's just like console wars. Marvel is the PlayStation of comics, which is why they're so well liked. DC is basically the Nintendo of comics, as they are the outdated senile hacks of the industry that most people wouldn't give the time of day if it weren't for one or two IPs that were very popular.

Is Cyborg really considered an A-lister now?

have you seen anything like that in the trailers?

This movie won't be half as good as swamp thing.

Well at least we'll get like 30 scenes scenes of pure cinematic genius along with three hours of an shiity plot

it probably will considering how Snyder has fucked up the DCEU

I have some hope for it but its so small that it saddens me to see that we're finally getting Justice League and its probably going to be one of the worst movies of the year

At this point I'm just going to wait for them to reboot the DCEU

I liked MoS and BvS UE, so no, I don't think it will.

>Another Martha moment
>Pretentious and hamfisted Bible references everywhere
>Sup Forums and misc autists here will unironically call it capekino and deep

This is going to happen and you all know it

I feel like I heard this before somewhere...

They needed at least one of the titans in the cast, they are some of the few characters than people of this era know
For most normies is Super, Bat and friends

>It also won't beat viewers over the head with God imagery like BvS

You say this but we also all know that a major plot point is Superman coming back to life...you know, like Jesus did

The religious shit is far from over

Are the complaints about the Jesus parallels a new thing? Because that's not exactly new territory, the older Superman films did it too, especially with Jor-El.

Go read Rebirth Sup Forums

And he was right. It was a great movie

I can't wait for the new Evans edits.

They handled it tastefully. Snyder is as aggressively in-your-face about it as a first year film student.

Absolutely.
But BvS was such utter shlock it became my favorite comedy of 2016.
So you can bet I'm going to be there when this movie turns out to be just as terrible (and maybe even worse)

x2

No

The hell does this have to do with anything?

Well duh, it's a Snyder capeshit movie. How anyone figured they should give him a second chance after he ruined Watchmen is beyond me.

I don't know how it's going to turn out but the autistic explosion on Sup Forums and Sup Forums will be legendary.

I for one find it incredibly empowering that they cast an holocaust survivor as one of comic's greatest feminist icon.

X2 shits all over any of DC's films.

>Especially with Jor-el
Exactly, what boy doesn't idolize their father, assuming theyre not abusive. The holograms couldve been knee high and they wouldve seemed holy to Clark.

In MoS, it felt underwhelming to see Jor-el like that, given the HR Geiger grandeur of the rest of the ship. In that and BvS I felt conflicted about ALL the jesus imagery. We GET IT, we know it's not a new idea, but at least whenever he did something god-like, he had a very torn expression on his face about it.

>Look at the quality of the cast

>given the HR Geiger grandeur
I loved that, they should have used those visuals in Prometheus instead, the liquid geo would have worked way better than the shitty hollograms we got inside the juggernaut.

>given the HR Geiger grandeur of the rest of the ship.
Oh yeah, that was a thing if I recall.
I remember watching BvS and when Luthor went to the ship I was like "wait is this Giger ?".
I'm a huge fan of Giger and his artwork and I was dumbfounded that this abominable clusterfuck of a movie was imitating it like that.
It kind of took me out of it because it made me wish that this great imagery was actually used in a good superhero movie.

It could actually be pretty neat if Doomsday actually resembled one of his monsters instead of it being a grey Shrek.

Yes, but you've never gone to a shitty carnival with friends only to find out you all had a great time together enjoying the lack luster entertainment and prizes?

It's a wonderful experience, subjecting oneself to mundane activities that feign fun with a group of willing friends. You should try it some time.

There are better stuff to whatch with my friends + gf at the time.

>Marvel is the PlayStation of comics, which is why they're so well liked.

Is this post from 2008?

>There are better stuff to whatch with my friends + gf at the time.
Like?

Are you fucking retarded?
>I've sent them you... my only son
There was NOTHING subtle about it. You are an idiot.

I said tastefully, not subtly, you goddamn mongaloid.

From a financial standpoint, this is right: it's virtually unsinkable for initial box-office scores.

Here, have a better Superman film than MoS, user:

youtube.com/watch?v=d7n3-Ea3BW8

this, SS was complete trash but i enjoyed the other 2.

>wolverines hair

what in the actual fuck

>Set to "Walk" by the Foo Fighters
Wow, what a way to ruin a perfectly good short.

>I KNOW HIM FROM WORK LOLOL :DDD

I wish it wouldn't

Eh, I'm indifferent to the music myself, but it's what inspired the dude, and his Pa Kent blows Snyder's out of the fucking water.

Since that wasn't to your taste, have this:

youtube.com/watch?v=BngcLnLZgA8

>more colorful
Did you see the trailer?

>slow mo and no color equals cinematic genius
how?

depends on whether it's going to be the same joyless shit that BvS and MoS were.
>m-muh realism
These movies are about as realistic as the fucking Thor movies. It only feels realistic because Snyder put a blue filter on the camera and made it more miserable than real life.

Zack Snyder directing? Loosely based on Geoff Johns New 52 JLA?

Of course it's going to suck.

What?
No.
Why?
Because only Wonder Woman and Superman have their own movies while Batman had a glorified co-star role in a Superman movie?
Because all of those movies are terrible?
Because thanks especially to the movie posters that you know Superman comes back?
Because you know it isn't going to have the necessary amount of levity a comic book movie deserves, a thing Fox, Sony and Warner Brothers can't seem to figure out?
Because the last thing Zack Snyder directed that wasn't a complete piece of steaming shit was Watchmen back in 2009?
Because Cyborg shows that nobody learned a god damn thing from the awful CG of Green Lantern?
Because Barry still isn't blond and neither is Arthur?
Because Wonder Woman lacks any substantial sex appeal?
Because all of their costumes look in many ways like actual garbage?
Because the movie isn't seemingly based on any kind of well loved Justice League comic?

Despite all of that.
I am predicting it will make at least 800 million at the box office.

>When Captain Marvel comes out Marvel is going to do a DBZ inspired cape movie better than DC has even though DC will have three attempts by that point

>Because the last thing Zack Snyder directed that wasn't a complete piece of steaming shit was Watchmen back in 2009?
The problem with Snyder is that he's still directing Watchmen.

Snyder's Superman is just Doctor Manhattan with a different costume.

Even the baby Groot has more charisma than Gadot

There isn't a single they have in common other than being the most powerful beings on the planet.

Which is why directing Clark like he's John is a shit move on Snyder's part.

I'm probably going to enjoy it the same so what's it matter

No, I mean the movie representations specifically.

Marvel is the Nintendo of the comparison. They make carefully crafted and frugally produced movies that are well acclaimed and very financially successful.

> It also won't beat viewers over the head with God imagery like BvS
Except for Lex's dad's painting that didn't happen.
All the rest like Clark's body being lifted up are things normal people would never notice.

DC movies died when they forced Nolan to make DK:RoL by executives plans.

> By being less gritty and more colorful is a step in the right direction
But it's not. It's destroying the universes sense of authenticy & mature dignified handling of it'd mythos for cheap laughs.

> everywhere
Except that didn't happen in Mos.
The church scene & the cross pose in space are it and make up less then 2 minutes of a 140 minute movie.
The exaggeration of the amount of Mos's religious symbolism has gotten to psychotic levels.

There were literally 3 bible references in the whole of BvS.

I started on Sup Forums and have been here since Blackest Night. I loved BvS and MoS.

Your post is dumb.

Stop posting outdated images you mother fucking retards...

There were two jesus references in all of
BvS you tards.

>tastefully

Nah. Even the writers thought they went overboard with it.

No it feels realistic because events of dire consequences are allowed to happen.
Solutions aren't easy or convenient, they are brutal, painful & honest.
The characters allowed to be flawed & make mistakes.
The people of their world aren't a hive mind that blindly praise their heroes.
The government's & media wear down on our flawed heroes relentlessly.
These heroes break down & compromise after decades of failure.

But levity ISN'T fucking necessary.
Comic books do not fucking need to equal dumbeddowness.
Go watch a Adam Sandler movie & burn the fuck in hell.

No shit, I just want them to make a fucking Sentry movie that blows MoS out of the fucking water. No attempt to even hide the fact that it's a Marvel 'Superman' movie.

> The problem with Snyder is that he's still directing Watchmen.
But that isn't a actual valid flaw.
It doesn't personally appeal to you, that doesn't mean it's a inherently flawed product.
Some of us were begging with every fiber of our beings for a take on the DC universe with this level of authentic handling that Watchmen treated comic books with and no its not because of edge, it's because we happen to find the tone & style more immersive & emotionally powerful.
> Snyder's Superman is just Doctor Manhattan with a different costume.
His public mannerisms are slightly similar but his motives, goals & ideals are entirely different.

But a Sentry movie would have the exact same "flaws" the dceu has such as an supposedly emo detached non selfless lead.

>DCuck movie is gonna suck
In other news, water is wet.

as long as he rips someone in half I'd be sold

Ugh another sjw shit movie.

The difference is that is Sentries established (expected) character.

DC could have done a Captain Atom movie. Captain Atom could have been as somber and as questionably motivated as anyone wanted. A whole movie about a super powered guy that's a tool for the government and maybe towards the end develops his own since of right and wrong to some degree. And that would have been fine because that is the expectations of a Captain Atom movie. You can make an emotionally distant schizophrenic Sentry movie because that is the expectations of his character.

What is continuously ignored about the current run of DC movies when defending them is that the complaints people have are with the tone of the characters not the tone of the film. The characters who are expected to vibrant and positive or steadfast and unwavering have been changed to fit the mood that Snyder or WB execs or whomever wanted for their movies. There are plenty of DC characters the tone they were looking for could have worked with, Superman wasn't one of them. Marvel could make an exceedingly "dark" movie with Sentry and everything would be in place because his story was pretty "dark" to begin with.

Is that a fanmade poster in OP?

>Snyder has fucked up the DCEU
He can't fuck it up, it's working exactly as he intended
;^)

But Superman is vibrant and positive, it's the world around him that isn't. And that's what I think is so interesting about these movies.

No, but that doesn't actually mean anything. Especially as far as Snyder's movies are concerned.

If you go to a restaurant
And you order the steak
And you're given the fish
Would you accept the waiter saying "it just doesn't appeal to you"?

the saddest thing about this is , this is meant to reestablish green lantern when he resurfaces in this series. he sucks and it's going to suck over all.

>And you're given the fish
Fish steaks are a thing.

They're a thing, but when you ordered a beef steak, they're not the thing you ordered.

It'll probably suck, but I really hope it doesn't. I want to see good DC movies dammit. But I've lost all faith in Snyder (not like I had much to begin with)

So will your mom and you don't see me complaining.

AquaThor seems cool enough.