What are some Batman stories where we get to see him actually being the world's greatest detective?

What are some Batman stories where we get to see him actually being the world's greatest detective?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gEPMj-fwHyY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Batman vs. Dracula

Paul Dini run on 'Tec

has he never read the book

I don't think the book exists in universes where Dracula is straight-up real, and has existed for centuries before Bram Stoker was even born.

But then again, Dracula still seemed to be common enough knowledge as a "legend" to still be identified immediately, and it was kind of retarded of him to unironically use a "Mr. Snrub" alias.

bump

Long Halloween.

I think broken city is a good example,is more like a noir detective than a super logical sherlock holmes esque detective,but is still nice

can i get some issue numbers for that?

There should be Batman: Detective that should have some of those issues, and you can bounce off from there. Look up Dini's Bibliography too. Avoid the Poison Ivy issue in Detective though.

#821-850 with a number of fill in issues here or there

This is probably the worst of all possible examples.

Well the book itself follows a "real accounts" format framing the story as the recolections of various diaries and articles collected "after the fact" so they book may as well exist in universe.

There's a LOT of them in the Bronze Age, the 1970's and 1980's, where he didn't spend every issue fighting a member of his Rogues Gallery.
Ironically, modern Batman is hardly ever a detective because detective work requires lots of explanations and words that don't work well in decompressed storytelling, so he seems like he spends less then a third of his time doing detective work and fighting actual crime and more time just fighting garishly dressed archfiends.

>That get

>that get

youtube.com/watch?v=gEPMj-fwHyY

City of Crime

Frank Robbins' run in the late silver age to early Bronze age where Batman was a straight up Detective.

Christ this is old

Now I am convinced that the Sup Forums mods hate DC.

He's not the world's greatest detective though.

What does that have to do with the post you replied to?