Are the IDW comics any good?

Are the IDW comics any good?

If Kong pulls of a win in 3 years I'll be pissed

Godzilla took a dive GOD DAMN IT.

In quality?

Against Kong.

> Half Century War
One of the absolute best Godzilla stories ever told in any medium. Must read.
> Kingdom of Monsters
Poor
> Rulers of Earth
Good to very good.
> Gangsters & Goliaths
Good
> Legends (anthology series)
Bit of a range in quality from meh to great. The Titanousours issues in particular is great & plays on the mythos of the Showa/heisei stuff in almost a meta way. Very rewarding to viewers of the entire franchise.

And those are the only ones I have read.

What about Godzilla in hell?

Haven't read but from what I have seen it's worth buying for the art alone.

I personally put it up there with Half Century War. Very different but very cool. It's the type of Godzilla story that would never be done in cinema.

even by the Nips?

You would need to resurrect the 90s version of Studio Gainax and give it unlimited funding to get a product that matches the art, and even then. Some chapters look like Kingdom Come in terms of art quality.

> Godzilla Vol. 2
It's Jason Statham vs. Godzilla. The shit writes itself.

IDW's TMNT is excellent

I miss Locke & Key. Wish there was something else like it.

>Implying it won't end up with every monsters forgetting their petty Earth squabbles and ganging up on King Gidhora at the end

Remember that one movie where Ghidora was the good guy? I want that version to appear in the comics and have Big G be confused as fuck.

Has anyone read the later minis, Oblivion, Rage Across Time and Cataclysm?

Cataclysm was pretty good, could easily be a movie.
Rage Across Time is alright, lot of mythical elemnents in it but doesn't quite live up to the premise.
Oblivion was bad, not abject shit but very bland.

It's weird that Oblivion turned out to be bad and the opposite for Cataclysm. Joshua Hale Fialkov is usually a fairly decent writer, while Cullen Bunn is pretty shitty unless he writes his own stuff.

Pretty much all their Godzilla stuff is great (king of the monsters is okay but the rest is 7-10/10)
I liked all the Mars Attacks stuff (including the crazy Mars Attacks crossover event)
Their old Infestation crossover event was fun too, if you like Zombies (I'm prolly one of the few who never got tired of them)

I've heard their Judge Dredd isn't good but I've never read it myself so I can only post hear-say on that.

Kong merely got help from humans.

Also in the new Kong movie they mention that 70s Kong is still a young ape and "still growing" so that if he and Godzilla fight off they can easily write in a buff for Kong to be a bigger challenge or even a victor again.

Will continue from this user.

>Godzilla In Hell
2nd only to maybe Half Century War. Each issue is a variety of artist and writers but pretty much all of them were great (fuck the haters the narrative heavy issue was still great)
>Rage Across Time
Does the disconnected issue to issue story like In Hell did, but not nearly as good. Still good though, I'd imagine any Godzilla fan would enjoy having it.
>Godzilla Movie Prequel comic
If you liked the movie it is a good read. Like all movie prequel comics it doesn't explain anything that the movie didn't also explain, and it isn't 100% the same (I think the prequel comic had MUTO as much more shapeless monsters than the movie had)
>Godzilla Cataclysm
I remember it being Good, but then again I had to Google the plot to double-check I was remembering the right story so take that as you will.
>Godzilla Oblivion
I remember it being Okay. Plot about making a dimension portal to get rid of Godzilla, but the other dimension is even MORE Kaiju infested and now two versions of Earth are screwed?

I don't remember if I read the ongoing Godzilla or Rulers of Earth so can't comment on those.

they need to have godzilla grow too, because tween kong was already significantly tallr than 2014 godzilla

still, easy to do since there's precedence for godzilla growing bigger the more radiation it eats. they even made that a mechanic in the tie-in game to godzilla 2014.

Is Godzilla bigger?
We never saw Kong next to any building environments so it is fairly hard to guess their scale to one another.