So since we apparently hate every single major blockbuster let's talk about what you apparently want to actually talk...

So since we apparently hate every single major blockbuster let's talk about what you apparently want to actually talk about: real film.

How's your Oscar viewing season going so far lads? I haven't seen many but pic related is my current frontrunner. But even this I was underwhelmed by - I think it's a really weak season this year.

Haven't seen it. I heard it was cops are racist and dumb: the movie. Is that anywhere near true?

Most of the Oscar b8 movies aren't out here yet.

Just Dunkino and stuff.

I did just finally get around to watching pic related. Hugely derivative of Taxi Driver/Scorsese to an almost ridiculous point, but genuinely good/overlooked. Will also have a very special appeal to channers.

Solid 7/10 and a nice little surprise

Not OP but yeah, that's how I saw it. It ended strong I guess but the screenplay was utter trash. The entire script a cop is called racist even though we literally only ever see him bullying white people.

That, and the writers don't know how to escalate tension without having a character flip a table or draw a knife out of nowhere. Like characters will just be having normal discussions and suddenly one pulls out a knife and threatens to kill them.

Great acting (McDormand having a good awards season run would be fine by me) but the story and writing left so much to be desired.

I like the part where he kills that last pedo, empties the gun into him

Woody Harrelson is portrayed fine - we were definitely supposed to side with him over Francis on certain points. But Sam Rockwell's character is a cartoon villain - sleeping at his desk, reading comic books, getting drunk at work, etc

>The entire script a cop is called racist even though we literally only ever see him bullying white people.
How could you not think that was intentional? She is not a "good guy," she's lashing out at the cops irrationally because she's angry at her daughter's murderers, but since they haven't been caught, she's transferred all the blame onto the local police. The political stuff is just a way for her to talk shit at them and get under their skin. Nobody in this movie is perfect, but the cops are often the most likable & relatable characters.

I really don't see how you could watch the movie, or even the trailer, and think it's some kind of "cops are racists" message movie.

The police chief (Woody Harrelson) is the most noble character in the whole film

What was the point of that fucking gift shop scene?

It's not only her that calls Dixon racist. Other officers do too and so does someone in the first bar scene.

I never said the point of the movie was cops being racist but the writers definitely intended Dixon to be (in the first half at least).

gonna be posting this a lot so get used to it, these are the best movies of the year, from best to worst

They pretty much flat out state that he beat up that black kid who was painting the billboard.

>get out
>mother
>baby driver
>no Wind River
Fuck off

Red herring

No, not at all. The message of the film is simple. Hate breeds more hate.

awful list

The Shape Of Kino was pretty neat.

The Square is my #1 so far, too. But most of this list is so terrible that I'm doubting my own taste now. I should watch it again and re-evaluate.

What the hell did you see in It Comes At Night, for starters? That was the worst movie I paid to see this year

>Anti-cop propaganda

nice try cucksoy

Toro's best and best movie I've seen all year.

>Anti-cop
you must be very thin skinned

by the end of the movie, every major cop character is seen as a hero, or at least admirable in some way

>Baby Driver
If you are older than 15 you should kill yourself. How can anyone like this?

It Comes At Night was bad too. I ain’t watching any of the other shit you recommend.

havent seen it mate but i don't think its my thing

incorrect

cool guy. no need to re-eval, it's amazing.

It comes at night had perfect acting throughout (even from the little kid, for his 1 line) amazingly realistic dialogue, and truly incredible ending sequence. so perfectly done

lol im not as partial to baby driver, but if you were able to see it in theaters and could just surrender to the silliness of it, it was a lot of fun

Just saw Killing of a sacred deer. What a pretentious piece of shit, jesus christ

>Baby Driver 5th best movie of the year

list disregarded, Baby Driver was mediocre

meant to put dunkirk above meyerowitz

damage control

lol.

>no Logan Lucky

Get back to /lbg/

>doing damage control for the one thing no one complained about

*thinking man emoji*

just an honest mistake sir

this board is populated by fucks why would i worry about their opinions

damage control control

just havent seen it. seems solid, love adam D

>The Square

What is this

It's a dark comedy about a guy running a modern art gallery, making fun of the art world and "virtue signaling" liberal culture

>The Designated Shit on that list

Kys

not-even-veiled racemixing propaganda

>implying you wouldn't a Deep One

>Good Time
>Baby Driver
opinion immediately discarded

So any forbidden love story is race mixing propaganda?

Baby driver. Fucking kill yourself