When did normies start "caring" about the EU?

They're taking to twitter and criticizing Rian for not adapting Legends stories; while they're not necessarily wrong, since when have they given a shit about the extended canon? All of a sudden everyone's an expert on the Yuuzhan-Vong, damn band-wagoners

remind them how shit the old EU is with Luuke Luuuke and Sun Crusher

They're just upset all their theories were smashed to bits

They should have doe Anakin Solo, his waifu, and rabbit Jedi Master.

They're fucking second-handers
>normie watches 8
>doesn't enjoy it
>hurr-durr, Rian's a hack
>he should have adapted the EU
>"what about the Luuke storyline?"
>what's that lol

The EU is looking pretty decent right now. Things like Luuuke Skywalker can be ignored but the Thrawn Trilogy is bretty gud.

Those books are garbage and I have no idea why they're remembered so fondly; my best guess is that it's because they were basically the start of the EU and people were so hyped for Star Wars material they overlooked the flaws.

They feel nothing like Star Wars. SW is a space opera that has more in common with fantasy than typical sci-fi. Zahn was a trashy sci-fi writer and it really shows, because that's what these books feel like. The characters also act pretty much nothing like they do in the movies, and Zahn really did everyone a disservice by trying to give everyone shitty sci-fi dialogue, like his overuse of using the word "point" as a response. The overall plot is full of stupid shit like force-eating lizards, Thrawn is shallow, Mary Sue of an antagonist, and the climax is Luke fighting an evil close of himself named Luuke for fuck's sake.

I guess they're serviceable books if you're used to reading trashy sci-fi, but as a follow up to the OT, they would have been absolute garbage. The EU rightfully got a lot of shit, and the Thrawn trilogy contains everything the EU was always mocked for.

The EU was 95%+ garbage made to milk the Star Wars fanbase of money. Disney just using some of it as inspiration for their movies is actually a generous act by them. They'd probably be better off for trying to make good movies by just disregarding it all.

you must be joking. those books are older than u

What is Luuuke

Luuke Skywalker was an evil clone of Luke, made from his hand. Vader recovered his hand and his lightsaber after he cut it off in Empire Strikes Back, and they used his cells to create an evil clone. I'm not making this up. The EU is retarded.

Luuuke is a lampshade joke Zahn wrote into an April Fool's day story. A key part of the plot of the Thrawn Trilogy are evil clones, who (for whatever reason) share the same names as their models, but with extra vowels. Joruus C'Baoth is the evil clone of Jorus C'Baoth, and Luuke Skywalker is the evil clone of Luke Skywalker. Zahn realized how absolutely iditotic that concept was, and wrote a story about another clone called Luuuke Skywalker to poke fun at himself.

>When did normies start "caring" about the EU?
when jews started jewing it up

Good grief, to think I was going to read these

EU is an embarrassment, when disney threw all of it in the garbage I thought they actually knew what they were doing and we would get some good movies. Too bad

>The EU was 95%+ garbage
Totally wrong. Dark Times, Republic and Empire is very very good. Mick Harrison and John Ostrander are great writers.

because right now even EU is better than any other alternative story. Even George Lucas wanted to jump on that train during the clone wars show, but the only reason why he didn't was because it wouldn't have made sense. I.E.- see the reason why they didn't insert the scene when the Son speaks with darth bane & revan

I don't blame Disney for ditching the EU, they wanted a blank slate to take it in their own direction which is fine.

The problem is they took it in a shit direction

90% of the EU was terrible but the stuff that was good was fantastic and better than anything Disney will ever shit out.

It sounds better than the new trilogy. It actually uses elements of the OT to flesh out characters and futher the story.

You are a normalfag op. Stop pretending youre not.

Disney could have easily picked the good ideas and good ones, then re-purposed it to their liking instead of going full retard with Snoke and First Order.

This

I haven't seen TLJ but I suppose EU is something that at least in books comics and things like that works, reinventing the wheel shouldn't be a good thing

EU still possible.

If Ben Solo have kids (twins) with Rey, could be Jacen and Jaina

I wouldn't blame you if you didn't like or even prefer the post ROTJ EU. But if you say the Jedi Knight games were objectively shitty, then you can go fuck yourself.

>meanwhile
Thawn is the best character in the entire IP.

Enjoy your corporate focus-grouped fanfic, philistine.

Kill yourself shipfag

You faggots didn't care about prequels either before TFA came out

>Thawn is the best character in the entire IP.
What's so great about Thrawn?

I read those books and I didn't see what was so special about him. His personality seemed incredibly bland, except for his intelligence, which reminded me a lot of those criticisms about why Sherlock is a terribly written show because it's about smart people, but written by dumb people.

>Yuuzhan-Vong
How the fuck do you say that anyway? I never figured it out, always just called them the vong.
Fuck you sun crusher was great. jedi academy was a decent series in general.
I bet you also take issue with centerpoint for being broken OP.

>I read those books and I didn't see what was so special about him.
You may actually have autism.
>His personality seemed incredibly bland
wew

So you don't have any actual defense of the character? I'm genuinely curious; people seem to love him, and I found the character kind of tedious. The idea of a character being that overpowered because his intelligence is treated like a superpower (and handled in ridiculous, unbelievable way, like that whole art thing being like something out of Sherlock) wasn't very appealing to me.

You should still do it. Thrawn's still a really good series, even if that naming thing was just Zahn writing while smoking weed or something.

Daily reminder that Mark Hamill thinks Luuke is a better plot than TLJ. Rian fucked up that bad.

Why does the clone's extra vowel trigger the illiterate autists on this board?

It is

>two super model-tier people having Rey and Kylo as parents
lmao

>illiterate autists
Its the newfag 90s born queers and normalfags who jumped on the nerd bandwagon.