They made him try to murder a 15 year old kid, just because of something in the future the kid MIGHT do...

They made him try to murder a 15 year old kid, just because of something in the future the kid MIGHT do. He had not even done anything yet. Yet the headmaster of his school, one of the most virtuous jedi masters who ever lived, contemplated butchering him in his bed. His own nephew!

I know Luke Skywalker. Luke Skywalker was a personal hero of mine. This is not Luke Skywalker.

The Luke Skywalker I know walked into the death star to try and save one of the most evil men who ever lived. A genocidal murderer responsible for torture and deaths of thousands. Tens of thousands. A man who personally butchered an entire school full of children. Hacked them into pieces as they screamed! Yet Luke still believed there was good somewhere deep in that man and still tried to redeem him. Risked his life to try and redeem him. Even him!

You are telling me that man, that hero, thought about killing a child in his bed because one day he MIGHT do something bad? No. NO! This is character assignation of the worst sort. This is twisting a character to do something he never would have to fit their monstrous narrative. I curse them!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nt7-WKXL5vw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not a big star wars fan, but that backstory just made me like kylo more, who was the only redeeming thing in this mediocre new movie.

I think we have enough Star Wars threads now, don't you?

Yeah you're right, you stupid fuck, it isn't the luke you knew. It's a 60 year old version of him that had been through a lot of fucked up shit and saw the kind of evil that the dark side of the force could bring. He also said that he was aware that snoke had been tampering with his mind and felt it was too late for him. HE ALSO immediately regretted his decision and stopped himself and felt ashamed. Fuck off retard.

Go to another board, this is going to be Star Wars general till January.

>Dude, he's 30 years older, that means he's become a child murderer
Mouseketeers on fucking suicide watch

This. If Rey and Kylo had teamed up and Rey went to the dark side and they absolutely fucked the Resistance, slaughtered Leia and had an epic battle with REAL Luke...I would have creamed my pants. Instead I got blue balls and a headache.

>They made him try to murder a 15 year old kid, just because of something in the future the kid MIGHT do
In a moment of weakness, with the Dark Side in his ear, he ignited his lightsaber 'in a moment of pure instinct' then immediately regretted it and knew it was wrong. Unfortunately, Ben woke up and saw Luke standing over him and assumed the worst, went on the attack.

Did people just turn off their fucking brain and ignore the nuances of the scene?

Luke was never going to kill Ben.

except he didn't murder a child, you stupid fuck. So because you think about something, that makes it so? Are you one of those girls that feels raped when a guy looks at you weird? Fucking goof.

>They made him try to murder a 15 year old kid,

did you even watch the movie, he literally didn't try to kill kylo.

he went there to do some mind vision shit to check on the darkness within him, and for a moment he ignited his lightsaber, but in his own words it passed like a shadow and he would've never actually done it. he was about to resheath his lightsaber

and then kylo woke up, misunderstood and attacked him in what he thought was self-defense.

This party's just getting started.

>He also said that he was aware that snoke had been tampering with his mind and felt it was too late for him

He hadn't even done anything yet.

HE HADN'T EVEN DONE ANYTHING YET. THIS ISN'T FUCKING MINORITY REPORT PAL. ALWAYS IN MOTION IS THE FUTURE.

Post-prequel Star Wars is shitty fanfiction. Shit movies, not canon, don't bother.

He pulled out his weapon and activated it with the intent to kill Ben. He doesn't even deactivate his lightsaber, he's simply interrupted by Ben waking up and acting in legitimate self defence. That's far beyond just 'thinking' about it, that is at least attempted murder.

>DUDE IT WAS A PRANK I WAS ABOUT TO STOP ATTEMPTING TO MURDER YOU IN YOUR SLEEP

Yeah we got two Rashomon versions. In Luke's the urge to kill is over in an instant. In Kylo's he wakes up just in time to stop Luke's killing blow.

Which one you believe is up to you. I choose to believe Kylo.

There are sociopathic manchildren in this thread who legitimately claim that there is nothing wrong with standing over a sleeping child with a gun, holding it to their head and cocking it, while thinking about murdering them. Let's just hope they never reproduce, children would not be safe around them.

Why didn't he just tell this to Ben then kek

You can't be this fucking retarded.

>a man breaks into your house
>he stands over you in your bed while you are asleep
>be briefly considers murdering you, points his gun at your head, and cocks it
>you wake up and in the darkness make out a figure standing over you with a gun

Why you freaking out bro? He just thought about killing you, he wasn't actually going to do it. Justified in jumping out of bed and grabbing your own gun? What are you crazy?

KYLO DID NOTHING WRONG.

Go back faggot

It couldn't be over in an instant. The 'urge' to kill became an actual act of pulling his lightsaber from his belt, and further moved into literally turning his lightsaber on in preparation for the murder. Following this, Luke does not 'snap out' of some split-second urge and resheathe his lightsaber, but instead keeps it in his hand and activated, as though still mulling over whether to murder his nephew.

That was so fucking out of character I wish I could punch everyone in the face who allowed that scene to happen.

>first instinct is to butcher his nephew in his sleep
>Disney shill think this makes any fucking sense with Luke's character

You can't be this much of a disney shill.

oh well as long as he felt bad about it then

grow up loser - embrace your failures in life. it is the only way.

I just started watching the original trilogy for the first time.
Only finished the first movie so far.
Yeah, there is no way Luke would kill a kid. Would be more believable if Luke said something about it and it was Han who tried.

What exactly did kylo misunderstand?

His very own teacher, the man he looked up to, distrusted him enough to sneak up to him in his sleep and ignite his lightsaber.
Doesn't matter if he ever intended to swing it or not, none of the above is okay.

Really wished Kylo killed this fucker 1 on 1.

The important thing is, Luke would never have done this.

But in their twisted fanfic reality they have created where he did, Kylo was completely justified in acting in self defense when waking up to find his uncle standing over him in his darkened bedroom with a weapon in his hand and murder in his heart.

The mental gymnastics from Disneykeks defending this is kind of hilarious

>Everybody changes with age, dont be surprised if in 30 years times your attempt to kill your nephew in his sleep, its just part of growing old :)

Yeah but he didn't. So they cancel each other out. You can't get mad at L u ke not killing Ren for not killing some other people. They both didn't kill anyone

What are they even trying to do with Kylo Ren? He's neither fully evil nor is he a threat (Rey humiliated him in both movies). How is he supposed to work as the big bad in IX?

Kylo did nothing wrong.

>everyone becomes a nepoticide with age

Why is it that all the tweets defending nu-wars are always made by women?

why did luke look so fucked up in the flashbacks
didn't look right at all

because the `Force is Female

Well as long as he actually doesn't pull the trigger then I guess it's okay for your uncle to sneak into your room with a loaded gun point it had your head and consider killing you because he suspects you might do something bad in the future, even though you haven't done anything yet. When you wake up to see him looming over you in the gloom with a loaded pistol pointed at you, you "can't get mad" I mean after all he didn't actually pull the trigger.

No Mickey the party just started

>How is he supposed to work as the big bad in IX?
He won't, that's gonna be Hux and Kylo will manipulate him so that both sides die.

Thats alright, because its also all white!

Mark realized what they were doing to his character and hit the bottle.

This is like Anakin having visions of Padme dying in child birth levels of bad, like they wanted him to actually become evil but then they pulled a gigantic cop out.

Like father, Like son.

Hell naw nigga

it was a visual cue that the dark side was trying to influence Luke.

>Hux
>the guy who has been turned into a complete joke by Poe, Snoke, and Kylo
>the big bad in the climax of the trilogy

Its just the same as Anakin and his visions of Padme.
It became a self fulfilling prophecy.
Luke should have known better.

>the future is always in motion!!

>ignoring the prophecy about Anakin
>ignoring anakins vision of his wife's death

force visions are a bitch,whether you act or not there gonna happen

how the fuck would you know? finish the movies, for all you know Episode 6 is "Return of Jeffrey Dahmer"

At least those visions came true as part of a predestination paradox. This is straight up character assassination.

MarkScrougingForButts.jpg

This there is absolutely zero tension between him and Rey for me anymore after that last interaction. They clearly have no interest in killing each other and seem to quite like the others company.

Time for the bullied to become the bully and go for a mass shooting.

It only makes sense.

Ben had already begun to fall tho. Luke still acted out of character because he was willing to save Vader despite all the shit he did.

Their scenes together and their chemistry were the only things worth watching out of this entire fucking debacle.

He kills like a dozen kids at the start pf RotJ. People didn’t seem to care so much then though.

>force visions are a bitch,whether you act or not there gonna happen
Except the force visions Rey and Kylo had of each other switching sides. Neither of those came true.

And he won't get one-shotted by Kylo because?

Kylo wants both sides to lose? He said himself.

HE WAS ONLY TEMPTED TO KILL HIM FOR A SPLIT SECOND

THE MOMENT HE PUT AWAY THE SABER KYLO WOKE UP

SOMEONE GET THIS HOTHEAD OUTTA HERE

>youtube.com/watch?v=nt7-WKXL5vw

>everyone changes with age
So next election she will vote for Trump?

Why would you believe that over Kylo’s version?

> This is not Luke Skywalker.

He is now. That hero of yours kills children in his sleep, sucks animal tits for milk, and dies alone.

Like Star Wars do ya you filthy little manchild
Luke's your childhood hero eh?
Well watch this

>missing the point that badly

He wants to let go of the past and rule the galaxy as his own man, not as a Sith or Jedi.

I agree with you but it amounts to an inept bad guy that I feel no tension towards after my heroine protagonist had force telepathy conversations with his shirt off as they held hands.

I WAS ONLY MOMENTARILY TEMPTED TO SLAUGHTER YOU IN YOUR SLEEP.

WHY YOU EVEN MAD BRO?

He is a jedi, like his father before him. Killing younglings is in his blood

Wait are you brainlets actually believe Kylo's version was real.

LUL, this board is done. Cant wait for you retards "discussing" Infinity War LOLOLOLOLOL

>Hurr lets have Luke Skywalker, the man whose entire OT character arc revolves around redeeming his father, consider killing his nephew whose done nothing wrong based on a premonition

This is complete and total character assassination.

Is the Force a hot Swedish chick?

I think Kylo secretly waited with his shirt off and was doing pushups in anticipation of that Force-Skype.

Is that actually in a game?
How did the ESRB ever approve this?

>Let's kill everyone, The sith, the jedi, the resistiance...

aren't we forgetting someone Benji?

HE INSTANTLY REGRETTED IT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's a mod for Jedi Academy.

Wait, people in here say Disney fucked up and that they should have taken a page from the Expanded Universe for the new movies and shit. But doesn't Luke literally falls into the dark side in one of the many EU stories? As in completely gone to the other side? Why would a momentary lapse in character be that big of a deal then?

Luke was totally in the wrong. He admits that. That's why he secluded himself. He's atoning for that one moment of darkness. Which everyone has. Your legends ( like luke), your heroes ( like Finn), they're just people. They make mistakes, because they're just people. Like you and I. Luke says something along those lines. Luke is just a man, snoke is vulnerable, and Rey is nobody (maybe). Anyone can make a difference and fight against evil which is always what star wars has been about. The Last Jedi is the ultimate love letter to Star Wars because of this, dismantling and going back to the core beliefs that anyone can tune into the force. Anyone can make a difference. Not some midichlorian legacy shit.

Plus from the looks of Lukes eyes in those scenes he was being affected by the dark side.
Tldr:
Never meet your heroes because they have flaws and you'll be disappointed.

Oh it wasn't a secret

>it's okay to try to murder your nephew if you feel bad about it

this is true

He never put away the saber you disney shill.

You are all disgusting human beings and you know it, and should kill yourselves ASAP. Literally nobody would miss you.

That's an okay message FOR ANOTHER MOVIE NOT FOR A SCIENCE FANTASY ABOUT SPACE WIZARDS

Trying to redeem him I guess.

>not a threat

I wonder about that now that he's the new leader, but I doubt they want to kill the other so yeah probably redemption. They seem to be pushing this idea of saving everyone with love so probably something influenced by that and there was really no big bad all along!

>It's okay to stand over your sleeping teenage nephew and fantasize about jamming your laser sword into his helpless body as long as you regret it later

Luke's version doesn't even reflect what's shown on screen while he tells it
>Creeps up on Ben and reads his mind
>Takes out his lightsaber
>Activates his lightsaber
>Holds his lightsaber over Kylo Ren
>Never deactivates his lightsaber, but instead is interrupted by Ben waking up
How can this possibly be a split-second thought?

He chased after a Force Vision that got him captured in Empire. Actually, all Force Visions have come true up to this point.

What are you talking about?

>Anakin betrays everyone he ever knew over a premonition
>Anakin slices a room full of baby faced toddlers to ribbons with a light saber
>prequel fags defend this

>Luke considers killing a person for half a second over a premonition
>He is then proven right for having considered it because that person turns into a monster
>prequel fags are up in arms and cry blasphemy, character assassination, etc.

So what's the final act of the movie gonna be? Rey and Kylo crying while Poe beats up Hux? Fuck, JJ is probably pulling his hair out right now.

Even Space Wizards have to poop and Jerk off.

Turning over to the dark side is one thing, but turning him into a regretful sack of milk drinking shit is the real crime.

Look at him. Look at his eyes.

That is the face of a killer.

I thank god Kylo is a light sleeper, or he would have been split in twain.