Tartakovsky's CAGE!

This is the best comic to come out in over a decade.

Finally, someone who understands that comics can be fun and silly. That you don't have to have serious political commentary and dramatic emotional trials in EVERY piece of media you release.

I'm praying that his and the deadpool movie will slowly move the entertainment industry back to having fun and being tounge-in-cheek instead of fucking dreary and depressing.

I go to comics and cartoons and video games and movies and all that shit to ESCAPE the daily barrage of assholes and scandal, not to be preached to about them.

Stop reading capeshit.

>Finally, someone who understands that comics can be fun and silly
At least half of Marvel catalog right now is "fun and silly", mate. This is hardly an original thing.

but then I couldn't read CAGE!

This.

>At least half of Marvel catalog right now is "fun and silly", mate.
Not even remotely.

And this is part of the problem, when retards like you think shit like the Power Rangers movie or the Gwenpoole comic count when they're barely lighter than the average comic book or only incorporate one or two tone-breaking scenes for "lightness"

You fucking faggot kids have been in the dark ages so long you don't even know what fun is anymore

is this what autism looks like?

>comics are only allowed to be escapism for braindead losers
kys

>I don't know what escapism is
become an hero or lurk the fuck moar

filthy dumb phoneposter scum

You literally used the word "escape" in capital letters you fucking retard followed by the literal definition of escapism. Are you the same dumbass from the Wildstorm thread?

holy shit, user, work on your reading comprehension

you're having your own private conversation separate from the thread

it'd be funny if it weren't so sad

Not that guy but you're the worst kind of person.

at least I can read and convey thoughts like a normal human being

If you were a true fan of the medium you would not try to discourage anyone from enjoying any part of it.

Someone woke up on the butthurt side of the bed this morning.

I blame myself really

just sick and tired of media making me sick and tired

>fail to convey yourself
>misunderstand the response to failed conveyance
>HURR BAIT
Maybe instead of dismissing anything you don't like or understand as fake you should improve yourself.

I would've liked this better as an animated movie than as a comic.

There's tones of comics like that, just stop reading superhero stuff and you'll find them.

Thats' not even an argument, that's just a retarded idea that barely makes any sense when you write it down as a phrase

Who fucking drew this?

It's AMAZING! It could be construed as racist charachitures by silly people, but these types of drawings are fantastic. When people try to draw black people in comics, it's always hyper serious PROUD Blackman or Nubian princess of beauty, that's fine, but everybody is afraid to Robert Crumb their characters.

>When people try to draw black people in comics, it's always hyper serious PROUD Blackman or Nubian princess of beauty
holy shit this

it's so fucking dull at times.

Doh it's tartakovsky. That explains why the panels are so refreshing to see. It's so good.

We needed serious portrayals of comic book heroes to get to that point. Normies think comics are for babies, but they will go watch a movie for Spiderman or Batman.

Do hopefully thanks to Deadpool we will see cool shit like this.

>that part where he uppercuts the snake
I died laughing.

Stop reading only capeshit.

Any argument can be discarded with this sentence.

This. Get out of your bubble.

Pretty unlikely considering Marvel doesn't do those anymore. Closest thing we could get would be something like the Rocket Raccoons in the Young style.

Miles is getting his own animated movie. Also, Marvel recently released a Hulk/Dr. Strange DTV.

I was just expressing wishes. I know it wouldn't get made.

Yes! That was a most satisfying comic.

>It could be construed as racist charachitures by silly people

There was some mild criticism of a scene where a convict looks like a monkey, but it never went full-blown outrage. No one really paid attention to this mini.

Read TF vs GI Joe

Read this as Team Fortress vs GI Joe. Now I kinda want that.

oh awesome, glad they didn't

Somebody storytime it again, please

I totally imagine Phil LaMarr as Genndy's Luke Cage.

Picture his John Stewart but more bombastic.

seconding this

+1

Nope.

bless you, preacher

>bless you, preacher

you're the best BABY!

I read this each time it's shared here, just for this bit.
Bless Genndy.

Oh Genndy. Is there anything you can't make great?

Thank you user.

>I read this each time it's shared here, just for this bit.
>Bless Genndy.
Same here Jeannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

What are some other comics with art like this?

>"jean grey became the dark pheonix and was destroyed in the last exciting issue of x-men #137.--'70s' Tom"

That is fucking great.

>That is fucking great.
I loved those editorial notes.

there was a batman and robin by paul pope. It had an oldschool CMYK color scheme that made it look beautifully oldschool and timeless

What on earth is powerful enough to knock out Cage?!
Buck Wild, Mercenary Man!

>Buck Wild, Mercenary Man!
An ally of Icon and Rocket, he became Icon's replacement when he was off-planet and he was killed in action against Oblivion. He is described as "a thinly-veiled Luke Cage parody through which the treatment of black characters in comic was explored".

Does Hellboy/BPRD count as capeshit?

Don't summon him

i love it, it looks like hanna barbera's cartoon style from that era. Scooby Doo and Johnny Quest.

Genndy is a true student and a great creator all in one package.

No, it's garbage.

haha he even punched the lights out of a snake

It must really suck going through life with horrible taste.