Is Marvel officially over?

Is Marvel officially over?

Where will they be in 5, 10, or 20 years?

Other urls found in this thread:

zak-site.com/Great-American-Novel/ff-2010-reboot.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Is Marvel officially over?
No.
>Where will they be in 5
Still around, making popular movies.
>10
Still around, potentially making popular movies.
>or 20 years?
Still around, probably not making popular movies, but you never know.

OP, no offense, but are you new to comics? This isn't the first time the original comic book heroes got replaced, but came back later.

Remember Thunderstrike from the 90s? He replaced Thor for a bit, too. It's New Coke vs. Classic, novelty vs. tried-and-true. These methods are not even in conflict, really. They work together to build up discussion and hype.

All I'm saying is not to get so worked up over this stuff, OP. Superhero comics are very cyclical. You'll have the original characters back soon enough.

Do you think Marvel Comics makes the MCU films?

>OP, no offense, but are you new to comics?

Offense taken. Fuck off with this condescending bullshit. I've been reading comics for over ten years. It's different this time. The SJWs are taking over and they aren't going to let the original characters come back.

>I've been reading comics for over ten years.
2007 wasn't any better, '97 kid.

Dude, did you read my post? If you've been reading comics for over ten years, then you know shit gets rolled back all the time.

>I've been reading comics for only ten years
Well you just proved his point then.

>Offense taken.

>Marvel is over guys! Because I say so! Trust me I read comics all the time.

It is far too early for OP to be this retarded.

It's just histrionic video game/movie fans.

When the capeshit film fad ends (and don't delude yourself, it will end. Westerns, slashers, cosmic scifi, musicals, they all had their day and their death.) Marvel will cease to be a valuable IP factory for Disney. At that point its hard to say where they'll stand. Marvel has been on the brink in the past. At one point I believe DC actually almost bought them out. Being owned by Disney there's no real danger of something like that, but if Marvel's profits drop low enough that they're not worth the effort to keep running, they will be shut down. It won't be this decade and it probably won't be the next, but it will happen eventually.

How do they play into this? Most of those people don't even read the comics.

>Most of those people don't even read the comics.
Exactly why these threads are so obnoxious.

Theyve been over for years. Ever since OMD.

oh no the ess jay doubleyous!

"SJWs" are a bunch of teenagers on tumblr who have nothing to do with their time and have latched onto "social justice" as the new hip thing to give a shit about.

They're a lot less screechy than they were even a year or so ago because they're entering college now and have more important shit to worry about.

Current Marvel comics is a phase. A particularly boring one, but a phase all the same.

We can only hope this time they die without killing the industry as they go.

>A particularly boring one,
More like a particularly shitty one. Zero creativity or talent, just washed out old hacks like Bendis and Waid trying to be hip.

Thunderstrike was a bit less malicious and stupid as Jane Foster though.

Westerns as a movie genre lasted for like 60 years. That's not exactly a ringing damnation.

I suppose, but looking back there was cringeworthy stuff there too. We can't really escape the culture we live in; all work is political in some manner. Some shit is just more obvious than others.

You're a moron. Jane Foster literally has terminal cancer. OG Thor is in the process of finding mjolnir. Ulysses saw the future of OG Thor with Mjolnir fighting Loki.

This is as stupid as all the people who became so bootyblasted when they thought Spock was going to permanently replace Peter.

HMMMMMM, I wonder why OP disappeared after everyone pointed out what a retard he is.

Those people stopped being just a bunch of tumblrites years ago and have got to the point where they're invading media all over the Western world and are pervading into law and government.
Yeah their bullshit with nerd media is terrible and annoying but will most likely pass, but SJW mindset has got to the point where it is a harmful idealism infesting culture to force a change in society for the sake of making some fuckers feel good while achmed fucks their wife in the ass.

It's always cute watching the manchildren delude themselves into thinking that Marvel is going to last until they die.

> OG Thor is in the process of finding mjolnir.

user... He found it. And refused to pick it up.

>Marvelfag uses MCU reactions
Not surprised your references are to their movies given nobody reads their comics

I need to copypasta this but anyways.

Comics are the R&D department of their owners' respective movie studios. They pay their writers and artists shit to crank out stories month after month, year after year, then they mine the stories for the occasional diamond in the rough to make it to the big screen.

Disney does not give a shit if the Thor comic is moving only 30k units when the movie is getting ready to make a billion dollars worldwide.

Now at some point they will cancel low-selling comics, but not so much as the comic is losing money, but that any comic moving only 5k units obviously has nothing of value even for diehard comic fans so its a sign there is nothing to mine for the theatre. If they *did* feel there was gold in a comic moving 2k units they'd sure as hell take the piddly comic losses.

They don't care about "mining" stories. They barely use anything from the comics anyway, and they already have thousands of stories to use as inspiration.

Marvel may indeed only be worth anything to Disney as an IP farm, but Disney does not give a shit about the actual company as long as they're turning a profit. There's no reason for Disney to shut down Marvel because they're not making "enough" profit.

And don't kid yourself, Marvel and DC are still turning a relatively significant profit on comics alone. It's nothing compared to toys and movies and cartoons, but it's a profit nonetheless, and as long as that's true (hint: it will be for the foreseeable future) Disney has no reason to stop, interfere with or even acknowledge the existence of Marvel Comics Division. That includes them not caring one iota about what kind of stories they make because they're not anything as "mines" in the first place when they have such a huge back catalogue and are paying actual screenwriters to write their movies.

>I've been reading comics for over ten years.

So, you're new to comics, then?

In the meantime:

Brevoort is a fedoracore?

Nowhere. They don't realize they're chasing the tail of an endless dragon of chaos, and as a consequence, they won't realize that 0+0+0 can't equal anything but 0 until it's way too late. A history that NEVER ACTUALLY EXISTS can't build to anything. Marvel will become subsumed by its own revolutionary spirit and eventually start producing books that burn themselves.

We said the same thing about DC during the New52. Just give them time and they will improve.

this

The comic industry itself is over.

They only exist for movie studios to farm ideas from. This was obvious before the MCU even existed.

>this fellating
Hi, intern.

You're an idiot if you think that a bunch of twenty-somethings are suddenly in control of "law and government".

He is THE fedora

Still around being the #1 comic book publisher and recognizable superhero brand

Chill the fuck out, it's just a phase
We will get our own rebirth, just like dc, all sorts of titles that pander only to the comic readers

Fuck no, the shitty practices that bankrupt their asses in the 90s they're doing again now, but with the money of a mega corporation behind them. Of course, that's ignoring the bullshit writing and editing.

>everyone who thinks differently than me cant possible actually READ comics

kys

>tfw you realize you've been reading comic for two decades and people think they're oldfags for having read em for only one

Trust in the Hypercrisis.
zak-site.com/Great-American-Novel/ff-2010-reboot.html

>It's different this time they aren't going to let the original characters come back.

>a bit
Thunderstrike was bro to the core fuggoff

I'd sympathize but I've been reading for less than 5 years and am already smarter than this dumbass.

Zak site is that you?
Big fan.

>Offense taken. Fuck off with this condescending bullshit. I've been reading comics for over ten years.
>only over ten years

AH HAHA HAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
HAAAAHHAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Someday he will turn it into a book.

>HIS POWUH LEVEL
>ITS
>ITS OVER 10 YEARSSS!!!!!

Well OP sure doesn't sound like he can read comics.

Bookshops stocking Comics has created an entirely different Status Quo. Marvel going down will definitely lead to a lot of damage, but the Medium will live on.

seriously have you guys ever been to a decent comic store or a con? There is demand for the comic medium that is not going away and if companies like Valiant or Image can die and rebirth in different forms what makes you think Marvel with its enormous parent company, movies, characters, etc won't survive

maybe as a whole the industry will change to different formats but the company will definitely not go away

Hopefully within the next 20 years they have a New 52 style reboot and get back on track.

>Image
>die
Casual spotted.

>I've been reading comics for over ten years
So you saw Bucky replace Steve only for Steve to come back as Captain America? You saw Bruce get replaced by Red Hulk and his son Skaar only for Hulk to come back?

Stay ignorant kid, those aren't even the first time those characters got "replaced". Your argument could've had some credit if you brought up that you're on your 4th Captain Marvel since you started reading, but I bet you didn't even know that.

you dont think it was mostly dead around the late 90's, early 2000's?

Did it formally close down? No it didn't.

Did Wolvie always have that belt? Maybe it's just been too long since I've seen him in a comic, but I don't remember it.

>[Cell cackling in the distance]

Not officially by definition.

But in every way that matters, Marvel Comics is pretty much done, yes.

you butthurt boi?

I don't even like Thor all that much, but I found Thunderstrike to be a very refreshing, if not welcomed change of pace. A man trying to be a god is more interesting to me than a god doing god shit just because he's a god

>for ten years.
So, basically you came on seven years AFTER Marvel's comics-making started to circle the drain?
That's some great perspective there.
You've been eating horseshit for so long you probably don't even remember what actual food even tastes like anymore.

marvel is where dc was in late 70's early 80's they need a crisis event to get rid of all the retardo shit from the last ten years

thunderstrike was at least likeable ive read marvel since jim shooter was the boss and it was never this fucking stupid even during heroes reborn shitty characters + shitty art+ shitty writers+ shitty sjw editorial somehow = less than the value of dog shit thats been eaten shitted back out again eaten again then vommited out

>than a god doing god shit just because he's a god

>Where will they be in 5, 10, or 20 years?
still going strong

unlike you Dumb Cunts

He had it in some comics, but usually he had the X belt buckle.