So this was better right?

So this was better right?

>10/10
1. Star Wars (Lucas, 1977)
>9/10
2. The Empire Strikes Back (Kershner, 1980)
>8/10
3. Return of the Jedi (Marquand, 1983)
>7/10
4. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Edwards, 2016)
5. Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Abrams, 2015)
>6/10
6. Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (Lucas, 2005)
7. Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Johnson, 2017)
>5/10
8. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (Lucas, 1999)
>4/10
9. Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (Lucas, 2002)
>3/10
>2/10
>1/10
10. Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Filoni, 2008)
>0/10

>coherent
>Han Solo has good screentime
>Snoke and Kylo Ren are mysterious
>Finn at least has a meaningful arc
>less General Hux
>no forced humour
>Oscar Isaac steals every scene he is in

it was way better. it was a remake of A New Hope but it was not messy like Last Jedi.

No, that was the worst SW movie aside from the holiday special. 8 is only slightly better, though.

I agree with this. TFA was unoriginal and felt like corporate as fuck but it alteast felt like a good star wars flick and set it up greatly. TLJ threw everything from TFA out of the window and was a tonal mess all because the director wanted to subvert expectations.

Yes, it was, but it's now rendered pointless, as every good mystery and character has been thrown into the garbage in favor of milky tits and sjw politics.

>everyone hates TFA when it releases
>now it's one of the best SW movies
KEK

>hey Sup Forums I just got back from The Last Jedi. What did I think of it

better than the last jedi doesnt mean best movie

It was unoriginal, but extremely competent.

Better. Still utter garbage. I pray we do not forget this fact.

No, 8 is much better

1. V
2. IV
3. VI
4. II
5. VIII
6. III
7. VII
8. I
9. RO

This is my personal ranking. A lot of people will disagree about me liking II more than III, but that's how I have always felt about it.

Most people rank it in top 3 or 4, though.

Both equally garbage.

Esb is overrated

III
IV
VI
V
I
II
RO
TLJ
TFA

I left the theatre with less outright hatred for tlj than TFA, but I get the feeling that might change given more time to fully realise how stupid it is. Star maps and TFAs mess of bullshit was pretty fucking retarded though.

nope, fuck off JJ

Empire
Star Wars
Jedi
>POWER GAP
TLJ
TFA
ROTS
>POWER GAP
TPM
AOTC

Rian saved the franchise by setting fire to TFA

Shit opinion. Go back to r/eddit.

There's not much competition beyond the OT and even then people's meme hatred of ROTJ effects their judgement.

I'd still put it as worse than the prequels and worse than Rogue One myself though

With TLJ now out RO makes me look at TFA and TLJ as shit now.

At least in RO they weren't cockblocked from becoming resistance heroes like Finn by some nobody

>we're ten posts into this thread and we haven't had the objectively correct ranking yet

stand aside faggots:

IV
V
RO
VI
VII
III
VIII
I
II

Rian pls go

true unpleb opinion

>wanted to subvert expectations
I hate this so fucking much. Son of a bitch had a good story in the palm of his hands and threw it in the trash just because people guessed it, DESPITE FUCKING BUILDING UP TO IT

>stand aside faggots
>post the most retarded ranking ever
Bravo Rian

Good ranking if you put Rogue One after TLJ

It was disappointing, veered too close to the original that it was more rip-off than homage and filled with bland new characters and locations. It was very mediocre. But Last Jedi is just a trainwreck. An absolute abortion. Force Awakens is better than that.

What the fuck are you talking about? If 7 was a garbage pile, and 8 was Rian setting the garbage on fire, then 9 is literally going to be a garbage fire. They can't do a 180° on this.

That's just your opinion, in no way a fact. 50% of us like it.

>no forced humor

I'll agree it was better but there was plenty of forced humor. Also Oscar Isaac somehow manages to come off as a giant cocksucking fagot in every role he has ever played.

You mean you get something that's not a garbage fire when you set garbage on fire? Wow, are you an alien?

Corpse puppet is better than a pile of shit I suppose