newsarama.com/34155-marvel-s-inhumans-origins-explained-by-priest-noto.html

Other urls found in this thread:

digitalpriest.com/legacy/comics/adventures/frames/chips2.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Marvel finally offered Priest a non-black character
are these the end times

>five issues

Just short enough for Priest to get another monthly ongoing at DC

I was hoping he'd get another book with Deathstroke back to monthly, but I can't care about the Shithumans. Just a mini though.

When you lay it out point blank like he did in that interview they either had to put up or shut up

>Inhumans

He has written non black characters for Marvel pleb

He did that Spider-Man/ Wolverine joint, fill in Daredevil issues and Thor fill ins

>Priest
Yay!

>Inhumans
Nay...

and people think DC isn't dying

If anyone can make them interesting, it's Priest. It's interesting this is a retelling of their origins: is it going to be the launching point for a new ongoing or status quo?

Inhumans could use a good writer like Priest, but 5 issues for an origin story doesn't sound much exciting

>being this casual

all of that was before BP and he has said after that they only offered him black guys

Priest has written a SHIT TON of non-black characters for Marvel AND DC. It wasn't until around the time he changed his name to Priest and got Black Panther that he became a "black writer" and started getting handed black characters.

He's referencing how Marvel kept offering him gigs on black characters only for the past few years and how he kept refusing.

just something to do with their history for new readers.
considering Inhumans backstory was spread out over so many books when it was coming together.

>Finally get priest back
>waste him on a fucking Miniseries
but honestly, i legit don't see what Priest could do with any other character at the moment

>Lee and Kirby Inhumans
>Priest
>Noto
You got me, Marvel

DC btfo. Good job on giving exclusives to Humphries and Merino but letting Priest waste time at the competition.

He wrote deadpool while he was writing black panther

That's neat. Inhumans history is WEIRD AS FUCK and it feels nothing that's been Nuhumans has been 1/100th of the appeal of that. Like their weird Kree offshoot genetic experiment origin or the quasi-religious Terrigenesis or the entire slave caste of the Alpha Primitives or the fact Black Bolt was raised in a silent chamber without human contact until he was an adult and they told him he should be king.

Lots of material that gets ignored for "I'm basically an X-Man, but different movie rights!"

For a 5 issue mini series? Are Marvel shills so retarded? Priest is the next DC exclusive you delusional.

>Each issue of Inhumans: Once and Future Kings will also feature a two-page back-up story about Lockjaw by writer Ryan North and an unnamed artist.

work on your reading comprehension

yup he even did a crossover with the books

>Marvelfags actually happy because a DC writer was required to save their failure characters.

Nice to see him writing something new, but I'm surprised he came back after all that bullshit he lived through:

>Finally promoted to editor in 1984, one week the freelancer checks were late. Several freelancers congregated in the tiny office I shared with my assistant, inker Keith Williams (who is also African American). Denys Cowan, a close friend, had parked his gear in there, as had Ron Wilson. I think Denys was making some phone calls while he waited, and Dwayne Turner, pipsqueak intern now monster artist, dropped by to say hello to Denys. Kyle Baker dropped off some TRANSFORMERS pages, while M.D. "Doc" Bright popped in to say hi while showing off new pages of the latest IRON MAN issue. Mark Beachum and his incredible gal pal Kelli arrived, amused at the crowd in the office, and squeezed in to drop off his pages for the ASM Annual. Finally, Michael Davis, James Fry, J.R. Jr. and Bob Layton wandered by. We had the stereo on. It turned into a little party— a little check-wait party.

>By the time the Marvel staffer came by my office and saw it jammed with black people, it was too difficult to see Layton as he was farther back in the room chatting Denys up about HERCULES or something. But, the next morning, my boss appeared in my doorway and, embarrassed as hell, said others had raised a concern that I was, "firing all the white people and replacing them with black people." He felt the claim had no merit, but still, when several people he trusted had come to his office saying I was having, "a meeting" with and attempting to "organize" the black creators at Marvel, he felt it his responsibility to look into it.

>Twenty years later, it is still the most insulting moment of my entire life. My first impulse was to turn off my light, grab my bag, and walk out of Marvel forever. Clearly, these people were too stupid to live. Instead, I quietly assured my boss that I was not, "firing all of the white people and replacing them with black people."

>people are now going to pretend the shithumans are good characters just because Priest is writing them

He could've wrote a 5 issue mini at DC you retard but nooo. incompetent buffoons like Johns give exclusives to butt buddies like Humphries and Orlando and then brings in expired shit like Dixon. Choke on a dick, you reatard.

>Relieved, the EIC left. I threw some things into my briefcase and prepared to walk out. Instead, I wrote him a detailed memo, subject: WHITE SUPREMACY UPDATE, identifying every black artist I was using, what I was using them for, what the duration of the assignment was, and so forth, just so the next time someone comes into the EIC's office alarmed about a "meeting" in my office, the EIC would have something to show. I also included Bob Layton on that list, "...but he (Layton) was so light-skinned he fooled me, and, besides, he knew all the words to the EWF songs."

>At the end of the memo, I said, "They were waiting for their paychecks. Payroll was running late that day and they needed some place to hang out. If they were hanging out in my office, it's possibly because that's one of the few places they felt comfortable and welcome, and not because I'm black but because we all came along together in this business and were all friends."

>I told my boss, not a day went by when I didn't see several white guys congregating in editors' offices there at Marvel, and I never felt "compelled" to "look into" it. My boss apologized, he was deeply embarrassed. He deserved to be. It was an incredibly stupid thing to do, but Marvel was a veritable House of Stupid Things Done in those days. And these were liberal intellectuals.

digitalpriest.com/legacy/comics/adventures/frames/chips2.htm

he's still going to be doing Deathstroke while this is going on, you mong

>He could've wrote a 5 issue mini at DC you retard
hes doing Deathstroke you fucking idiot, or are you this delusional ?

In your ass butthurt. Enjoy Priest for 5 issues, before you say goodbuy to him.

But it's the original inhumans, the ones that are actually good

>pretend
they will be good because Priest is writing them, not because of any inherent goodness

just like ANY OTHER CHARACTER

>Inhuman

But he should be doing MORE than just Deathstroke, you retarded piece of shit. DC should give him more work not Justin Jordan and Sam Humphries and James Tynion. Retard. Fuckface. Shitstain.

Inhumans are good when Medusa is not there, which unfortunately is 80% of the time.

Medusa is the reason the Inhumans suck so much.

>He could've wrote a 5 issue mini at DC you retard
He is already writing a stellar ongoing of a well-liked character, user.

5 issues mini for disliked characters is nothing compared.

So he wrote his best shit at Marvel

>people pretending Priest is stupid enough to sign an exclusive with either company

Once he's trapped in like that they'd only give him black books to write. At least now he can say no.

>Sam Humphries
just doing green lantern
>Tynion
doing Detective comics and one of dark matter comics
>Justin Jordan
who ?

My dear ignorant fuckface, Priest is doing a big DC event with Abnett currently.

Which "that" interview? He's been saying this since 2003

they probably offered him a fuckload of money and it's not like writers and artists have to go into the office these days

And so it begins...

>being salty about people liking things you don't like
>even worst in regards to a comic that doesn't exist yet

He can say no as an exclusive too. Hell, he can write a clause in the contract that says he won't be given any black hero ongoings. DC simply didn't give him an exclusive because they're incompetent.

His Deathstroke is superior to any Marvel crap, shill.

>rewriting the origin of a character
When has this worked for marvel?
Specially in post MCU era of marvel comics?

Dont worry nobody has forgiven marvel for the shitshow that was Death of X and IvsX

>a big DC event
Lol

Why are DC fans acting like DC weren't also only offering Priest black books? He's written a bunch of non black books at Marvel

All these plebs saying mini series are bad.

Fuck off. This is good news. Instead of some shit like anoucing a foolkiller ongoing that won't even last that long. A lot of mini series end up being better than ongoings. So i think this is good

and he probably will

calm your company wars autism and be glad he's writing more stuff

It can't be more shill than that. Fuck off.

>Inhumans
Lol

Oh fuck off with your "I didn't see your post, so it never existed" shit. There were some good issues of the Inhumans run, but again, Medusa is fucking awful.

>implying people like the inhumans

Man Without Fear?
Ultimate?

I can't think of a rewritten origin story post-MCU, though

>Sam Humphries
DC exclusive
>Tynion
DC exclusive
>Justin Jordan
hack with a Vertigo comic and an upcoming dark matter comic

then they actually did something smart and offered him deathstroke, meanwhile Marvel fucked over the Crew horribly

Minis are fine, but I think people were looking forward to more Priest long-term keikaku writing.

How is Lemire doing? Still wishing he was in Kamandi Challenge instead of writing Batman ripoffs?

They are promoting heavily these "actually good Inhumans" since 2013. Nothing of value came of it. Even X-Men and Spider-Man had some good things during this period.

Because rebirthtards are braindead.

>DC simply didn't give him an exclusive because they're incompetent
or Priest just turned them down

>Noto
>all the Inhumans will have kawaii uguu faces

You fuck off, piece of shit shill. Go jerk off to your shit waifu nobody cares about.

and does the fact they are exclusives has to do with anything ? they are pretty much doing just one book or two max and nothing else, Priest too if we count the event

>DC simply didn't give him an exclusive because they're incompetent.
They probably did but he is a big enough name that he can make a better career without it.

>Why are DC fans acting like DC weren't also only offering Priest black books?
The guys only came back to writing because DC didn't offer him a black character. Even he was surprised.

the event here being Lazarus Contract? Because that's just a crossover, not an event

^This

Moon Knight is far better than batKing

the point is that DC corrected their mistakes first by calling him back that last time and asking him to do something different while Marvel is just piggybacking

That's why it's cancelled again...

Better than the drones, that they don't have brain at all, only tongue, for lick Marvel's ass.

I really hope King turns shit around after The Button

>be glad he's writing more stuff
Why should I be glad he's writing Inhumans after Marvel has butchered them completely in the past few years? I really enjoyed the Jenkins/Lee series, but the Inhumans have been ruined in the past few years. I would've much rather preferred Priest on new title at DC or in the WIldstorm imprint.

He never completely went away

He contributed to the Deadpool wedding issue

>Marvel is just piggybacking
And shoving more Inhumans down our throats.

>ANOTHER rehash of Ellis' Moon Knight

Ellis ended up causing an enormous damage to Moon Knight.

because Priest is a good writer and this story has nothing to do with present-day Inhumans?

They're actually just like the drones. Retarded company loyalists with nothing but shit spewing out their mouths.

>Marvel is just piggybacking
Jim Lee literally said he got Priest to write for them because they loved his BP run

Thnaks for proving his point with your shit grammar, user.

>Somehow manage to lure Priest into doing a Marvel book after all this time
>Waste him on Diet X-men

Even worse, they don't even read comics.

Didn't they offer him Cyborg first?

>ended up causing an enormous damage to Moon Knight
He did, but this is not in any way a rehash of the Ellis run(not that you can rehash a plotless 6 issue run) and it is also much better.

>Thnaks
Shit grammar, indeed.

But it wasn't Lee who called him. It was Didio and Javins

Yes and then they called him back shortly afterward

Yes lol

...but still gave Cyborg to a black guy.

That's not grammar, that's spelling, you tard.

Your grammar is any better retard? Read you own post before think about writing anything. But you need brain for it, and this is something that you obviously don't have.

>rehash
So you just saw the covers. Lemire took ALL his stories and brought them together. All the personas are in it. Stop talking about a book you only saw a cover for

>DC apologizes
>Marvel doesn't
Shame.

Sure, sure.

Yes, my grammar is transparently better than yours, my foreign friend. Please learn how to type in English before coming to a site that communicates mostly in English.

Racist as hell. Masks are down intern.

some black authors like writing black characters

Seems like Marvel listened and gave him a non black comic too, idiot.