I'm gonna have to be this guy

I'm gonna have to be this guy.
If you didn't like it, you didn't get it.

I understood what they were doing and it made me sick.

How much does Disney pay you to "get it"

*sets your tree on fire*

If you liked it, you didn't get it.

>muh shill boogieman

>Luke goes to burn the tree
>Yoda burns the tree
>Luke is upset for some reason

explain this to a brainlet

when your movie budget includes "online shill damage control" line item

I get what they’re doing, but ironic shitposting is still shitposting no matter the medium.

This year was full of feels desu

That's fine with me. I didn't get it and the mouse didn't get my shekels.

>jedi hermit in remote island
> purposely isolated to spend time on "the force"
> has 5 ancient texts of "the force"
> reveres texts as sacred
> never bothered to read any of them

>2 deep 4 u
DAMAGE CONTROL
>DAMAGE CONTROL
DAMAGE CONTROL
>DAMAGE CONTROL

Well, he was taught by Yoda.

The fanbase for this movie are the worst pseudo intellectual fuckheads

The movie was largely about reconciling your past and how you choose y to do it. Yoda wanted to make sure Luke Was doing it for the right reasons.

>RT DOWN TO 56 AGAIN
>RT DOWN TO 56 AGAIN
>RT DOWN TO 56 AGAIN
>RT DOWN TO 56 AGAIN
>RT DOWN TO 56 AGAIN

It was commentary on the true purpose of religions

Luke was being an edgy faglord having a temper tantrum. Yoda challenges his resolve and shows him what he actually wants in his heart by lighting the tree on fire himself, Luke is immediately not happy and tries to save the books but is blown away. Point is he made his choice to preserve jedi heritage.

>ooga booga booga

Its not that lofty, dumb dumb

>not a shill

>shills are trying to justify their support for a shitty fanfiction by pretending star wars is intellectual stimulation

Everyone know how much Sup Forums wanted to bring down star wars. They are really trying to get out ahead of this.

I actually don't have a problem with that scene, aside from Rey being a nigger and stealing Luke's books, but since when can ghosts control the elements like motherfucking Storm from X-men?

>Luke goes to burn down the books and the Tree
>Yoda does it for him
>Luke is suddenly pissed off and upset that the thing he set out to do is actually happening
>Yoda explains that the knowledge in the Jedi books isn't important anymore

>Later it shows that Rey actually stole the books

So did Yoda do that to prevent Luke from finding out? If so why? What would Luke have done? Why did Yoda lie to him? Luke ended up killing himself like a few hours later anyway

What was literally the point?
Was Yoda protecting Ray? Did he really mean what he said about them not being important? Did yoda not actually know? What is happening?
What?

Yoda is teaching him effectively through action. Oh yeah you wanna burn those books huh you temper tantrum having ass bitch? Let's see how you really feel. *lights tree up*

OH NOOO MUH BOOOOKS

Yeah there it is Luke tell us how you really feel you love jedi

>Shit writing

but how else would they make an epic quip

If Luke didn't want anybody to come and just wants to die alone on the island, then why did he even make the map to the island and put it in R2-D2 in the first place?

Fuck this flick

>muh Sup Forums boogyman

Shareblue leave.

Yeah but why did he lie to him afterwords?

I'm going to have to agree with you. I just did not get this steaming pile of incomprehensible shit. You're right.

>shit brain

I mean technically he didn't. Rey does have all that knowledge with her.

That was information that R2 just had. Like don't have to give or to him. In fact it seems like he hid it and Rei woke R2 without even knowing.

What does Sup Forums have to do with it?

yeah seriously "In case i'm needed."

"Hey Luke Leia sent me activating your secret map protocol kinda need your help."

"Fuck off I'm suckin tit."

scene

You know its true, incel

Did you even watch the movie?
He isolated himself and cut himself off from the force. For a Jedi that's like cutting your dick off.

That line should be used for bans:
>(SEE YOU AROUND, KID)

heres what we know:

Rey took the books
Luke set out to burn the books
Luke actually wanted to preserve the jedi in the end

If he had walked into the temple and realised the books were gone, he would have not been able to go through this catharsis. Therefore he would have stayed on the Island like a bitter incel and the resistance would have all died in the mines.

Yoda interuppted him to keep things moving.

The writing in this film is so convoluted

There is now a Star Wars general for ALL Star Wars discussion.
Use this thread instead of making a new thread.

Technically and metaphorically

>Could have hyperspaced and defeated the enemy entire fleet but decided not to
>Could have hyperspaced and defeated starkiller base and but decided not to
>Could have hyperspaced and defeated DS1 and DS2 but decided not to
>Causing billions of innecesary casualties

Also lets not forget
>I could tell you my plan and avoid problems and mutiny and shit, but lets not to
>I could tell you my plan when you're pointing your guns at me, but lets not to
Fuck this movie

I don't think I want to "get it".

They hate that star wars is trying to be socially different at all, so they try to control the narrative, trying to seat the publica opinion on anything vaguely progressive.

I don't remember ancient holocrons looking like this

Who was snoke
Where were the knights of Ren
How did Leia FLY THROUGH SPACE
Why did they bring Phasma back just to kill her off again 5 minutes later
Why didn't anyone in Rebel command just tell poe what the plan was
Why did BB8 and R2 have a map of luke in the first place if he didn't want anyone to find him
Where did C-3PO's red arm go
Why did Rose look like she just ate like 5 cheeseburgers before every scene
How did Luke not know Snoke was influencing Kylo that entire time he was training under him
Why was Yoda there to burn a tree to teach luke a lesson, but not around to prevent the new jedi order from fucking collapsing in on itself

Yoda interrupted him to show him WHY he was doing it

>I came here to DIE!!
>Prepares a treasure hunt
What was the purpose?!

He gives it to R2-D2 and Max Von Sydow character the other part of the map. It's literally the main plot point of the previous movie.

Well, uh, something something, subversion, something deconstruction.

I'm gonna have to be this guy.
If you liked it, you're scum.

Yes, but, like, it's super smart actually, becuase it subverts your expectations, because you don't expect this plot point to be so fucking stupid and make no sense, so it's actually great.

And anyone who complains about the Star Wars spam in Sup Forums is obviously part of that agenda?

Are you trolling or mental?

the movie is literally about not having answers and having to move forward anyway and how too choose to do that

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting, Rian.

No one said he have them those things. That is information they were probably trying to salvage from digital records.

You're supposed to explain shit to yourself when its unimportant

>the movie is literally about bad writing and unresolved plot points

I guess it gets a pass then

That's how life can be though. This movie is trying to give you real existential conflict.

oy vey my grandmother is spinning like a dreidel in her ashtray! remember the lampshades and the suffering of the 6 gorillas. you caught me, it was I, Sup Forums, all along!

You know it's true.

>it's bad on purpose

Well, okay then.

>Who was snoke
Someone unimportant in the larger scheme of things, just there to represent "the old ways", there will always be a big bad evil.
>Where were the knights of Ren
Cut as an idea during TFA, Ren was going to replace Darth as a title, and they were going to interpret the force as dark users instead of Sith but it became to complicated for focus groups.
>How did Leia FLY THROUGH SPACE
To give Leia as a character her moment in the series as something more than just a figurehead and princess.
>Why did they bring Phasma back just to kill her off again 5 minutes later
To attempt some form of development of Finn, as a sort of redemption arc. "You were always scum", yay go Finn you are not scum.
>Why didn't anyone in Rebel command just tell poe what the plan was
In case there were moles in their ranks I guess.
>Why did BB8 and R2 have a map of luke in the first place if he didn't want anyone to find him
They had a map to the Jedi Temples, Luke was just rumoured to be there.
>Where did C-3PO's red arm go
After they blew up the Starkiller-base, and before the Resistance made their run for it, someone made sure to change his arm back.
>Why did Rose look like she just ate like 5 cheeseburgers before every scene
She probably did.
>How did Luke not know Snoke was influencing Kylo that entire time he was training under him
He was becoming too set in his way of the force, he was too much of an academic jedi.
>Why was Yoda there to burn a tree to teach luke a lesson, but not around to prevent the new jedi order from fucking collapsing in on itself
He was just a product of Luke's schizophrenic mind, Luke set the tree on fire but had to create Yoda as the one doing to to deal with his guilt.

I too sort of feel this way, though i wouldn't say bad. For example, i think all the humor is intentionally misplaced to create emotional dissonance.

The knights of ren were clearly the red guys. Is this untrue some how?

There is now a Star Wars general. After this thread, please direct questions and comments there instead of making a new Star wars thread.

>when you cringed at the bad writing was an intentional decision
Ok well bravo. You intended to make a shity movie and did just that. I'm gonna watch good movies now.

Does anybody have a webm of Luke's death on the island?
I swear I saw something flying towards him in the sun

>Who was snoke
Supreme Leader of the First Order

>Where were the knights of Ren
We don't have that information yet

>How did Leia FLY THROUGH SPACE
She didn't fly, she cast force pull on the space ship

>Why did they bring Phasma back just to kill her off again 5 minutes later
redditors complained that her part in TFA was too small

>Why didn't anyone in Rebel command just tell poe what the plan was
Poe was a hothead

>Why did BB8 and R2 have a map of luke in the first place if he didn't want anyone to find him
A better question is why was R2 programmed to wake up when he did.

>Where did C-3PO's red arm go
I don't think anyone cares

>Why did Rose look like she just ate like 5 cheeseburgers before every scene
Because she ate 5 cheeseburgers before every scene

>How did Luke not know Snoke was influencing Kylo that entire time he was training under him
Snoke is more powerful than Luke

>Why was Yoda there to burn a tree to teach luke a lesson, but not around to prevent the new jedi order from fucking collapsing in on itself
What Jedi order? It was just a few students. Yoda says best teacher is failure. Luke learned from his failure and found hope again.

> i think all the humor is intentionally misplaced to create emotional dissonance.

use real words reddit fuck

Yes, it's untrue. The knights are force-users and there's less of them.

Like I said, i think it actually succeeded. I was left feeling so torn about so much, and I'm sure I'm supposed to.

i love how Sup Forums is so fucking powerful to control a public narrative against 'the mouse' of all things. Well, granted, they had support from russian secret services too, so it makes sense i guess. /tv's/ mission was obviously to rig those rotten tomato scores, i hope you get your due karma for this evil act

>just turn your brain on lmao

Are you saying it is so insanely good that every person out there who gets it has to like it?

Fuck the family unit!!!

Come on son. This movie was pro-family with Luke preserving Rey's virginity.

>we intended to make the movie shit so you feel like shit
Yeah because that's the reason I go to see SW, to feel like shit. Totally a good idea to make an abstract/art house type of film instead of the big tent pole film, where everything is shity and causes everyone to rage. Bravo Disney.

Its just too consistent to not be intentional. They were all told in the same way, place awkwardly in serious moments as if to let us know that irl serious things and funny things are always happening at the same time, and it might not make sense while we search for greater meaning in our narrative through life.

>everyone i hate is from reddit

This must be the case in every Marvel movie then.

Try rewatching OT and see how much answers you get from movie to movie

I'm sorry if you can't detect the difference between how its done there and here.

Muh Sup Forums boogeyman

He was being sarcasting, mate.

You know its true. Ever been there?

I got lots of answers from the OT. Why don't you stop sucking Disney's dick and see what answers they give you?

I don't think so, tim.

Lol, ok

wut

kittu