Why did he burn the Bible?

Why did he burn the Bible?

He knew the Jedi religion was false and converted to follwing the one true God, just like that purple haired woman does.

the books are AT THE FALCON in the end of the film

Yoda was fucking with Luke as usual

yoda was god, luke was abraham
wanted to test his faith

yes, Yoda even says "Rey has everything that she needs"

fucking brainlets

good writing, it's just like the OT but in better

>the one true God

R'hllor?

BECAUSE HE KNEW THE BOOKS WERE WITH REY HOW CAN YOU NOT GET IT?

nerds will get this

He's the Inquisitor from Silence and finds Christianity unacceptable in Star Wars. They even look identical.

Then why did he burn the church?

There is now a Star Wars General. Please use it instead of making new threads.

He said it really is time for the jedi to end. Luke was hesitant so he did it.

>Sup Forums can't follow a movie made for children
Why am I not surprised?

what if we don't?

>fucking with Luke
>as usual

Other than acting like a goof for 5 mins on his planet, when else did he act like a goof? All he did in ESB and ROTJ was be straight with Luke, acting wise and telling him to be patient and let answers come to him rather than actively seeking them out

Honest to god people who keep using the YODA WAS ALWAYS A GOOF defence talk as though they've never seen a Star Wars movie

Please use the Star shit general.

>the entire Jedi library consists for 3 books total

The essential books. The huge library was on Coruscant.

lol

are you implying that he wasnt fucking with luke when they meet for the first time on dagobah?
Come on you can obviously see that, despite testing luke, yoda has a lot of fun trolling him.

You will be killed.

But Yoda was a goof in ESB. Literally from the time they met until he introduced himself.

Those are the ancient books. They all fit in the little altar they showed inside the tree.

There were more han 3 books tho. Yoda burned something for sure.

>But Yoda was a goof in ESB. Literally from the time they met until he introduced himself.

Yoda was acting like a tard to test his character. Once Luke figured it out he dropped the act.

because killing Jesus wasn't enough for (((them)))

Can you read? I said he acted like a goof for 5 minutes, those 5 minutes being their introduction to one another. Yoda was doing this as a front just in case Luke wasn't who Yoda thought he was.

Once Luke established the little green alien as Yoda, he went into serious mode and trained Luke with no tricks or illusions.

I'm sorry george

why did yoda act like a crazy fool during it.
donĀ“t they know that yoda only acted that way in empire to hide his true identity and to test lukes patience?

point taken, but don't you think it fits yoda's character to have a sort of wacky sense of humor next to his wise demeanor?

>But Yoda was a goof in ESB.
only to test Luke once he said that he was the person that luke was looking for he never acted that way again

Not at all. He played everything deathly serious in the prequels, just as he did in the OT once Luke knew he was Yoda. Yoda is a super-serious and wise jedi master, his character arc is just seeing him slowly lose trust in who to train after all his padawans turned evil in the PT.

when I saw the tree burning clip the first thought that came to my mind was "if I had never seen a star wars movie before I would have probably thought that this clip was form some cheap 80s horror movie about a little killer puppet like gremlins or ghoulies"

hm i like it, it brings originality to the character.
him being serious all the time is just textbook wiseman-in-movie stuff

nope. have you seen the prequels? yoda was always super serious in those movies as well
he is a wise merlin like mentor not a drunken master type of character

>nope. have you seen the prequels?
of course, who hasnt.

still it's possible that with his older age and refuge came a bit of self deprecation and humor.

It's all the same kind of stuff you'd see in martial arts movies, which were the kind of movies that inspired Star Wars

Yoda is the ancient martial arts master who tries to train a strong but arrogant protagonist into the best martial artist they can be

But said master has a darker past of training people who have turned against him and used the immense power for evil

Yoda relents to training Luke, fearful that he too will turn against him. But once Luke's training is complete, he sees his fate isn't so concrete, and that he has a chance to use his power for good. Yoda just has to rely on Luke to do the right thing, rather than pushing him to do the right thing.

That makes it even more emotional when Yoda trusts Luke to pass on what Yoda taught him to others, seeing that Luke is now just as powerful as Yoda and that he must carry on what Yoda was taught people.

But nah, in Rian Johnson's eyes, Yoda is a goof who does XD RANDUMB stuff

>Why did he burn the Bible?
He didn't. He knew Rey took the books, and told Luke as much in a cheeky comment.

They were like the Old and New Testament

As he said, all the millennia of scholarship and the Jedi Paradise Losts were lost.

at this moment, i think many fans a clinging to the past
how realistic is it for any filmmaker to make movies with the same kind of appeal that the first trilogy had?
things change, its unrealistic for it to live up to the same kind of appeal it had in the first place.
might ass well embrace new directions
star wars as it was is over a long time ago, but that's not necessarily a bad thing

he was pretending to be retarded to test Luke and his patience. how the fuck is it even possible to miss something that obvious in a literal childrens movie?

i didnt miss anything
it's just obvious yoda had a lot of fun trolling luke
you impying he was 100% serious about his troll and didnt have a slight sense of humor about it?

lmao
polddit tards btfo

>"Y-you guys just hold onto the past!"

This is the argument people seem to be using once people have brought up every major issue with TLJ, almost as though they're in denial it felt badly written and rushed to kill off the entire OT characters and push the new characters without any development

I'm not saying that he didn't enjoy it, but he was 100% percent serious except for that one situation. especially when talking about the Force. having him act like a goofball in TLJ is a fundamental misunderstaning of the character.

no it does not excuse any flaws, that's not what im saying...........
im just saying that I PERSONALLY HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH IT because i liked the movie.

And that it's in the movie not only for the story, but also symbolic for the direction of star wars according to Johnson. At some point you have to move on, instead of holding on to certain things. That's it.