Star Wars General

This is THE thread for ALL Star Wars discussion. Post your Star Wars questions and comments here. DO NOT make a new thread for your Star wars question or coment. Please keep Star Wars discussion to this thread so the rest of the board can be used for other topics.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RG9AIEUwBwA
pastebin.com/cjP2Mc8M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Half the audience left when they saw this SJW

Bravo, Disney.

quads wasted on decrying based space mommy

>The command line is clear, Vice admiral tumblr assumes command

Episode 9 will be the best Star Wars ever made
#HYPE

seriously though, they couldn't get Lando to be in any of the movies? Guy is still alive, right?

>look at me I am roleplays as mod! maybe I become a janitor one day!

Oh look, some Mousefag is trying to make a containment thread.

>"WE WANT TO HIRE A DIVERSE CAST BUT WON'T BRING BACK LANDO"
Really makes you think

Snoke was useless
Captain Spasma was useless
NuChink was useless
Finn was useless

so much useless shit in this movie

Should have focussed on fewer characters to make it more engaging

>he thinks he can boss us around

Test audiences don't like him.

Why didn't a single bomber hyperspace into the dreadnought at the beginning?

Can you think of even ONE reason why?

Blue leader as a prime cutie tho

Watched that 10 reasons why TLJ sucks video recently.

I think even they went a bit too easy on the movie.

Do you feel in charge?

Anyone else originally hate nu-wars, but now are hooked on the Kylo-Rey relationship because you empathize with Kylo as a misunderstood lonely edgelord fantasizing about being saved by a QT girl like Rey?

If Reylo doesn't happen I predict the chans and tumblr will join forces to do a Yoda on Disney's HQ.

Why isn't she wearing a uniform? if the New Republic is this retarded on regulation, I can tell why they fell in a day.

Paige or Tallie?

Why is his head so big?

this

Would you have rather seen an adaption of the Thrawn Trilogy or the Kyle Katarn saga?

>NuChink was useless

hey now come on, she freed all those horse creatures... that probably got caught easily afterwords... and i guess she may have freed them but left the kids in their cages...

After some thought, The Last Jedi is becoming one of the most intriguing films in recent years for me. Luke's decision to kill his own nephew is bottled down to the fact that he was afraid of another Vader rising and going on a killing spree of innocents all around the galaxy. Considering it was his own nephew that Snoke seduced, Luke believed that there would be severe consequences if Ben succeeded with Snoke because after all Ben is connected to the Skywalkers and he knows the how many problems the Skywalkers have had with dark forces.

Do you feel in charge?

Thrawn Trilogy with Sebastian Stan as Luke

post more tallie right now

I have scrolled through a lot of the old Star Wars forums, and one common explaination for people's hate of Midi-Chlorian was that it torn down their dream that any normal dude could be a hero with a strong will and harsh training.

How could anyone think that Luke is "normal"? His father is a Jedi, then Sith Lord; his mother and sister are Princess, he was taught by two of the best Jedi of their generation, etc. That is not even talking into account what happened to him during childhood in the supplementary materials.

Maybe the people who first watched the prequel, they all saw the original when they were young and so the details escaped them?

>no hitb yet

Uhm how do people have opinions already?

>nobody cares enough
>they wouldn't pay him much
>his dignity is worth more
pretty simple really.

The point was the force was supposed to be mystical and intangible but midichlorians felt like an attempt to make it quantifiable and scientific. Yes that's a big deal because it flies in the face of the core themes of the OT. I'm still not really sure what the hell Lucas was thinking.

Think about the pressure on Luke being the only Jedi left, with minimal training at an old age.. if he saw a new dark Vader rising hre would freak the fuck out and wouldn't know what to do. He isn't an expert in the force.

kylo katarn fans probably.

Exactly. It makes sense if you think about it deeply. A lot don't and so they get angry at it like the Yoda burning scene. How many times does someone have to say that Rey stole the books and thus Yoda never let any book be burnt...

the whole "anyone can do it with determination" meme is one of the biggest lies of humanity.
some people are gifted and if they try even a bit, they will leave you in the dust no matter how hard you try.

This is a star wars board

I just saw it, I went in knowing all the spoilers.

Snoke was a waste of a character, Super leia was ridiculous, and luke's death was underwhelming and didn't feel like a good send off for him, he didn't even really fight Kylo ren. I didn't find the porgs that annoying and I'd say the film was mostly fine otherwise, the visuals were great at times.

The worst part of experience was my retarded friend who somehow managed to make a medium sized bag of popcorn last the ENTIRE FUCKING FILM, It's hard to take in the death of a iconic film character when in your left ear all you hear is "chew chew chew" EVERY TWO SECONDS.

I unironically believe the prequels were better than the OT and vastly better to the garbage that Neo Disney puts to the table.

In my eyes the Prequels delve deep in the mythos of the Star Wars universe, unravel a galaxy full of life and have deep philosophical implications behind the actions of the characters.

The new films fail to deliver an experience similar to that with very poor character background, motivations and story. They tend to pander to the average millenial who does not care about the universe and lore that came before but enjoys the cheap thrill of action that he can get simlpy by watching a Transformers movie. Public opinion is very infuential in the way the prequels are seen by the average viewer. Many cant even formulate their own opinion on the movies and are simply going by what the masses think only for the goal of fitting in their circle of mindless critique of the unfathomable

>the visuals were great at times.
This is a film that has so many wallapers you could choose from

>I unironically believe the prequels were better than the OT

Why should any person with taste bother reading past the first sentence of your post?

most annoying thing about porgs was seeing how it completely worked on the kids in the theater.
every single time they showed up, you could hear little kids getting all excited.

yeah if you have a monitor from fucking 2002

A New Hope isn't the best. I have no idea why people think it is. It's entirely centered around the Death Star and to me as a kid, I wasn't that interested in it. Vader was very plain and didn't do much. It wasn't until Empire when we got that scene with Vader talking with the Emperor that he actually became more interesting.

Yeah the Obi Wan stuff in Episode 4 is awesome but when he dies it just becomes a kind of meh sci fi flick and it isn't until Empire when the series really did become something with the OT.

i see you failed to define your taste

Instead of paying for good reviews, when will Disney pay for her acting lessons???????

Yeah, masterful.

From the amount of great cinematography in the Prequels, you choose those...

What are you twelve
And who was phone
Gtfo

She fuckin mastered it when she was talking to Kylo though. She will do very well if there is more Reylo scenes

here's your (You)

based billy dee will stay unjusted until is death

are those guys the knights of ren, or what happened to those guys?

Some fine graduates from the Christopher Nolan School of Fight Choreography.

First for best girl.

left/right are complimentary, has nothing to do with cinematography
also you can't show cinematography in stills

We essentially have no main villain now right?
potentially 3 movies without a sith. Obvious Kylo Ren redemption too. It’s like they’re not obeying the laws of the universe and making their own shit. Fucking Disney.

>We essentially have no main villain now right?
Hux

Why did they get rid of the EU, and who were they? Did they think that TLJ was better than the Jedi Academy trilogy or JK2:JA?

I would argue it doesn't : it just clashes with our western sense of dualism, of body/soul.

Take an idea from the religions the Force was inspired from : Chakras. They are ( theoretically ) non-physical conducts from the crown down the spine/chest to one's reproductive organs that roughly correspond to the endocrine system. They channel a 'universal energy', and if there's a 'blockage' or unhealthy flow, you might suffer physical or psychological problems.

That there is an idea rooted in eastern faiths that bridges the gulf between mind/body, and if you took the idea seriously - pretending it's real for a second - then that universal energy 'should' be quantifiable. But we tend to think of these things as either/or mystical or empirical.

So ... Space Buddhists would be able to measure this shit, IMO.

Unironically this... just end me.

Forgot

It's like this movie was an homage to the form and style of comic book movies more than it was a SW movie.

>tfw no Kyle Katarrn

Disney thinks they are better than the PT and the EU combined

At one point during the fight right at the start when they are surrounded Ben just randomly stabs his sword into the ground and I don't think it's even to deflect anything.

Anything given time and resources could be deduced in a quantifiable and scientific sense.

never give her clothing
maybe dancer outfit

>gets bested by jokes and quips
>main villain worthy or even be taken seriously at this point going forward.
Unless they introduce someone new they blew their load killing off a lot of the villains this movie

They made him kind of a bitch to both Snoke and Kylo so I can't really buy him as the big bad. And honestly by the end of the movie I didn't even really give a shit about the central conflict between the Rebels and the First Order. It just kind of felt like they're fighting each other for it's own sake rather then for the galaxy's. I know the effects of the conflict and the influence of either faction has never really been shown on screen but the universe just felt smaller then ever by the end of the movie. It honestly doesn't seem like it would even matter who would win. There's about 40 rebels left and most of the Order's fleet is gone as well. Just let it fucking die, the universe seems to be fine without either.

>If Reylo doesn't happen
pretty much implied by rey shutting the door on him. my guess is rey will be a strong woman who don't need no man, and they'll stuff the star wars romances into other relationships instead.

A literal bitch to Kylo now

Fuck off, generals are cancer that kills a. user individual presence. I bet your a Disney shill trying to. Centralize posts to. Better centralize you shill tactics

you have 10 seconds to name a memorable unique song from the new star wars movies

>even the prequels had duel of fates and battle of the heroes

>It honestly doesn't seem like it would even matter who would win.
It also feels like they don't even try. Both sides are utterly incompetent.

I rewatched that bit several times. It's just for "cool" effect, he does not deflect anything and looks frankly weird.

>rey mixer
>literally race mixer

I would claim that the prequels do offer a better palette for world-building, and when accounting for the auxiliary content and EU around the prequel setting, there is certainly a lot more depth there given that Lucas was media blitzing everything imaginable for content related to the Clone Wars era.

However, I do think that the OT told a better story and that the chemistry of the cast overall provided us with a far broader range of emotions toward IV, V, and VI.

Disney Wars does nothing. It is a contrived over saturated depthless gargantuan media drama for casuals and fanboys -- yes, fanboys, little soulless peons who want nothing more than to hold onto something that says Star Wars without actually preserving the integrity of what it was all about.

It’s a mouse, for sure. They’re going into every Star Wars thread,
>no more new treads after this gaiz!
and linking to this shit.

I can't even remember if there was any background music in TLJ.

Only if competent people direct it.
But it sounds good.

The Death Star theme from R1 is the only one I can faintly recall.

Kylo Ren's theme and Rey's theme.

Why tf did we get left with fucking Rose?!?!?

Shills want to flood the board with Star Wars threads so that Sup Forums looks like a Disney merch store. Actual anons trying to maintain the board's functionality want discussion of one subject contained within one thread so that the rest of the board can be used for other topics. It's really best for everyone. Why post your comment/question to a board as a new thread and get 3 replies, when you can join an existing discussion with dozens of like-minded folks?

If you don't know why we have generals then shut the fuck up about them being posted and linked to.

>lightspeed kamikaze

Why is this not used for literally everything? Just autopilot an empty star destroyer into a planet. This is why no self respecting sci-fi films will ever use this. It's too overpowered.

>his dignity

I guess that's why he never voices Lando in cartoons or video ga...

The problem is that these threads hit the bump limit before too long and 404 within an hour of being made, and it's hard to have a good discussion in them because of how fast they move
It's what happens when everyone wants to talk about a shitty movie
Baneposting was never confined, milkposting will never die

The entire Rose/Finn plot could've been avoided if the Admiral just told Poe what the plan was, which she had literally no reason not to do

youtube.com/watch?v=RG9AIEUwBwA

This song, I remember hearing in the movie, but couldn't find it in the soundtrack

The force-wielding protagonist is in the captivity of the force-wielding antagonist, who is bringing them to the superior of the antagonist. The protagonist appeals to the antagonist's past life to sway his allegiance on the way. In the superior's throne room, he confidently asserts that the antagonist's loyalty to him is strong, yet whilst attempting to have the protagonist killed, is betrayed by the antagonist.

Poe had literally no good reason to do what he did anyway, though. Even if he had been right his plan got everyone killed.

That was me, user.

Kylo Ren invented Snoke and puppeteers him.

In TLJ he uses Snoke as an alter ego to flagellate himself and stoke his own rage, and also "betrays" him in order to appear virtuous in front of Rey.

Snoke is actually a homonculus or corpse, controlled via the obsidian ring on his finger.

Prove me wrong (you can't, I'm right)

dialogue pastebin:
pastebin.com/cjP2Mc8M

First for Talon and Maladi.

Exactly. Half of the movie that ultimately leads nowhere only happens because of stupidity and incompetence on the part of rebels.

If anything it would open him up for an easy hit. It's still better then prequels but it's still plenty stupid, just in a different way. I guess kids can still try to recreate fights tho.

There are literally enough people on Coruscant that the planetary government could bring down the skeletal fleet of the First Order by catapulting people and transports at their ships until the First Order fleet is destroyed before it even enters Coruscant's atmosphere.