Has your opinion on Rey changed after TLJ?

Has your opinion on Rey changed after TLJ?

Liked her before.
Hate her now.

I hate her even more somehow.

They made her even more of a Mary Sue somehow

Hated her before. Love her now.

This. Should have joined Ben.

Hate her before
Hate her even more now

>goes to an old wise mentor in order to learn the ways of the force
>instead the mentor ends up having to learn something from HER, she's perfect as she is
>The Big Bad actually manages to trick her into giving herself up
>Sikes! The big bad is the one who is tricked and dies a pathetic death
There is no end to her mary sue tendencies

Thought TLJ was going to flesh her out, was sorely disappointed.

She's even more mary sue now
>Needs no training
>Bests best Jedi
>Even Yoda says she's perfect and needs no training
>Doesn't lose an arm and is defeated at the end of the second movie in fact wins against everybody
>Once again saves the day
This girl is flawless

She just want the dark side dick, and Kylo just want the light side pussy. I can't believe this saga is about two people who need bang to bring balance.

This movie was really anti-Star Wars.
How did Disney allow it?

I still want to drop a hefty load onto her face.

Didn't want to fuck her then, I do now

Joining Ben would have made her story interesting at least
Now shes basically the same as TFA except shes now got Jedi Master force abilities, somehow
Still dont know barely anything else about her, we know more about Finn

I was very close to liking her when I thought she was actually going to turn to the dark side. But we can't have any internal conflicts or flaws in our strong independent female main characters now can we?

I wish there was more of her accidentally fucking up nuns. That made her somewhat likeable.

There’s plot armour and then there’s what she’s got

She seems aware of it as well and is taking the piss with it

>shooting millennium falcon guns
>”this is fun”
>absolutely no threat of her being hurt in any way at all

Their child will be like Lucifer.

I honestly feel sorry for the First Order now. They have to contend with a broken fucking character that has Feminist plot armor.

All the in-story storm troopers are likely finding god and spending their last days having fun before the day the may encounter the Antichrist Rey and be killed in an instant.

>suckerpunch an old man in the back of the head
>lose stick fight
>*unsheet laser katana*
>threaten to kill said old man making him shake in fear

boy

maybe it was just the angle i was sitting at but it looked like her weight was constantly fluctuating throughout the film. i remember her being pretty skinny in TFA

That was powerful, a sister destroying patriarchy fromt he root

>Breaking shit like she owns the place makes her likeable

>Bests best Jedi
She actually doesn't, she just attack him breaking all rules of a fair fight.

I think everyone is just expecting her to be evil now.

This.

I thought she was a Skywalker and that's why she was OP. Turns out it was just DUDE BALANCE LMAO. She's that good because of some cosmic affirmative action.

coke bloat

>Hitting your elderly from behind

It makes her fallible. She kept making mistakes, and the nuns hated her for it. It's the closest she's come to not being perfect in the films.

Luke should have Force pushed her off a cliff at that point.

>cosmic affirmative action.

Why the fuck did she not join Ben, it would have saved the movie (almost)

Being "clumsy" is the only flaw female characters are allowed to have

She will in IX

I don’t know how they did it, but she’s more of a Mary Sue in this movie, BB-8 too.

She also cried like a little bitch

Because then there is no protagonist in IX.

We know more about Rose than Rey.

Yeah right, Ben will just lose and be like "Rey I should have listened you and respected wahmen"

Fin becomes a jedi or some cool shit, I dunno

Yes, actually. Before, her character was the biggest mistake the new trilogy made. A boring, bland, utterly too perfect hero who only existed to do what the plot needed her to do. Now, however, with the release of The Last Jedi, I have to apologize to Rey as a character. Rey, I am so sorry, because Star Wars has way worse problems than you now. I want to go back to a time when you being an annoying Mary Sue was my biggest complaint. I want to go back...

They wanted it to be, that is the only reasonable explanation especially with the whole WHOLE OWN TRILOGY thing before they even knew the reception.

But i gonna admit they certainly exceeded my expectations. only in the wrong direction, pic related.

I was thinking how Snoke being just a red herring could have been redeemed by turning Kylo and Rey into the main antagonists/couple of wild cards together. But they pussied out and now nobody is satisfied. What a waste.

Crying is not a character flaw

>le strong womy will unify the force because they aren't as destructive as men

Can you imagine the imperial march theme playing and those two combining their powers? It could have been the coolest Star Wars villainy ever.

She will in the next movie. Ben saw it in her future, just like she saw he was going to kill Snoke. It was just that the timing this time was shit, all her friends were dying and he was asking her to simply be ok with it.

>Cosmic affirmative action
Dude, you made my day.

Ben looks like a man with healthy genes for strong offsprings. No wonder why Rey likes him.

Oh you think the baddies will win next movie? Who could stop them?

broomboi

But Mary Sue writers think it is, like "Apologizes too much" which is usually slapped on "Pure" characters.

Completely neutral, felt no interest in her in TFA and she just felt more unlikeable in TLJ to me

Her whole arc is about her resisting the temptation of the darkside.
Ben was that temptation. Same goes for his char.
They should have called the movie The Ren And Rey Show.
Also this whole movie deconstructed her Mary Sue char from TFA, we saw her flaws and insecurities, shes a stronger char.

I started to like her when she had force bonded with kylo but hate her again after she rejected him.

Hated her before.
Like her now.

>Her whole arc is about her resisting the temptation of the darkside.

No it's not, her arc is that she is a women so she doesn't have to chose sides, she can unite the force.

No.

She's even more of a Marye Sue now. They fucking doubled down.

>awesome with a lightsaber for no reason
>humiliates Master Jedi Luke Skywalker in close combat
>Rips through elite pretiorian guards like they're nothing
>Saves Kylo
>Force moves 1000 rocks without effort (great throwback 90s CGI there, guys, btw)

So much this. There were so many closure ups, it was unbearable

Thought she was okay before.
Now I'm just indifferent, don't give a fuck what happens to her anymore.

Only likeable characters were Kylo and that hacker dude.

>looks like I got to move these rocks
>moves those rocks