My older sister got me Clone High on DVD for my birthday

My older sister got me Clone High on DVD for my birthday.

Never heard of it. Should I watch?

you should stop breathing

Yes. It's by the directors of the Lego Movie, and what I've seen of it is quite funny.
Ignore this faggot:

Anyone who gets a DVD as a present and goes to a Sup Forums board to ask about it instead of watching the damn thing should just, I dunno, check for mental disability benefits, get a lil bit of side cash

>Never heard of it
you disgust me

Fun fact: the janitor on Scrubs has the same name as the janitor in the "Litter Kills, Literally" episode of Clone High, and one of the many outlandish things the Janitor on Scrubs has said is that he was a foster parent for Ponce de Leon, whose clone was the foster child of the janitor in the aforementioned episode of Clone High before his tragic death.

Doesn't hurt to get opinions user, there's no need to be such a dick

Personally I thought it was shit, but I know guys who think it's just about the greatest thing since sliced bread. Comes down to personal preference really, so you'll just have to watch it and see.

>older sister gets you a thoughtful gift for your birthday in the hopes that you will enjoy it thoroughly
>first reaction is to go to an anonymous imageboard of complete strangers and ask them if they think you should actually watch any of it

A lot of people like Clone High, but some people don't think it's that great.

Just watch it and find out.

Personally I really liked it.

You have to be in the right mindset to really enjoy it.
It basically lampoons all the cliches of the late 90s/early 00s teen drama shows, mostly the "Special Episodes" where they tried to teach the audience some "important lessons".
And it's liberally sprinkled with historical references.
So if you think you'd enjoy both the pastiche and the references, you really should give it a try.
Also, report back once you've seen the pool.
They flipped the bitch

Your older sister has good taste.

It's actually funny. I liked and shame it didn't get a second season.
Kinda of a cult series, so YMMV

It has the GOATest intro ever made.

The show is good, too.

>It basically lampoons all the cliches of the late 90s/early 00s teen drama shows, mostly the "Special Episodes" where they tried to teach the audience some "important lessons".

Congrats on owning the only good TV show in Canadian history.

It's about Canadian as My Little Pony and Johnny Test.

Less so even, no Canadian voice actors.

More accurate to say it's as Canadian as The Loud House or Breadwinners or Wander Over Yonder, all animated in Canada.

But yeah, Clone High is one of my favorite shows ever. Silly and stupid, insanely quotable for just one season.

>"But they film that show far away, on the sunny beaches of Canada!"

Clone High is fucking GOAT.

You know I'm all for respecting people's opinions and understanding that what I like might not be for everyone and people will like things I don't.

But I draw the line at Clone High. I know I shouldn't. There certainly are valid reasons you might not enjoy it. Like the heavy mid 2000s vibe and dated celebrity references. But the humor is so spot on and non stop I can't accept someone not liking it. It's like someone took the golden age simpsons and made it 10 times as quotable. You have shit taste.

And you are free to hold that opinion. Kinda like how I am free to hold the opinion that your likely unintelligent and immature considering the material you enjoy.

One of the funniest shows I've ever seen

Yeah you're a right cunt alright

You mean since smoked raisins

>You know what hurts the most, Joan? This nail I just stepped on. But there's a second nail in my other foot, and it's from you backstabbing me! So maybe instead of the nail metaphor I should have used a stabbing metaphor, but it's too late for that now isn't it?

>I guess it is...

>Well that's where you're wrong, because I'm going to win that election using the most extreme stunt since Dukakis jumped the Snake River Canyon! Goodbye Joan...

SPLASH

>Goodbye... Joan.

I don't deny it.

>It basically lampoons all the cliches of the late 90s/early 00s teen drama shows
I remember reading behind the scenes bits about the production of Clone High, and apparently they were going to take the "teen drama" bits to ludicrous extremes had they been given the green light for more episodes. My favorite of their ideas was that every single dance at the school was going to be a kind of prom, like Homecoming Prom or Valentines Prom and the like.

It's very fun. Give it a go

Yes you do. People like you think you're shit but you don't know how shit you really are.

I liked it, but what do I know I unironicly watched keeping up with appearances.