So I dropped DC something around Futures End and stick with Images and Valiant until now...

So I dropped DC something around Futures End and stick with Images and Valiant until now. Are there any decent DC/Marvel runs right now? Something passable enough to be worth picking?

I would say it's all different flavors of mediocre but since you like Valiant I'd say this is the best time for you to read as many comics as possible.

No, there's simply nothing of Image quality among them OP. Everyone knows Image puts out the best, most original books. Why I can't think of a single Image book that feels repetitive, ripped-off or like a lazy sci-fi TV pitch.

Superman, New Super-Man, Tom King's Vision (ended months ago), Nova (which is going to end soon), Green Lanterns, and The Flintstones (ending soon)

Priest's Deathstroke is really good. Wonder Woman Rebirth was OK too.

Priest's Deathstroke, New-Superman, and Aquaman are great.

The Button is hype as fuck right now, DC is really bringing their A-game with that story.

Pretty much everything DC is putting out right now is 10/10. Pick up any book that sounds interesting to you and I guarantee you'll love it.

Deathstroke
New Super-Man
Shade the Changing Girl
Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye

As someone who stopped reading ongoing comics once Multiversity ended, and a fellow Valiant fan (tradewaiting) here's what I have to recommend (read, what I've still read/followed):

Midnighter (and follow-up mini Midnighter and Apollo) by Orlando
Vision by Tom King
Omega Men by Tom King
Sheriff of Babylon by Tom King
Deathstroke by Christopher Priest
Doctor Fate by Paul Levitz
Doom Patrol by Gerard Way
Shade the Changing Girl by Cecil Castellucci
The Wild Storm by Warren Ellis

This guy's basically got the best taste

Y-you too, user

Superman is literally the best the title has been since the 80s, and is genuinely one of the most fun superhero comics out today.

New Super-Man
Doom Patrol
Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye
The Kamandi Challenge

Nothing here is groundbreaking, legends in the making stuff here. But they are all just damn fun. Kick back and have fun. No gritty realism, deconstruction of the genre. Just fun.

If you want something even more mindlessly fun, read Scooby-Doo Team-Up. The gang teams up with various Hanna Barbera and DC characters every month. It's fun for little kids, with tons of Easter eggs for longtime fans.

No
>Hipster Fate

I read it for the the Sonny Liew art, and later for Brendan fucking McCarthy. It drug on early on, but got better once the whole flood thing was dealt with.

Also, I have a compulsion to buy every solo thing for a JSA member I can. It's why I bought the Mr. Terrific New 52 trade

I did forget to mention Kamandi Challenge and Flintstones though, those are the tits. I cannot WAIT for that nice Kamandi hc. Maybe we'll get reprints of the Kirby omnis? I can only hope.

I was more excited about Kamandi when I thought it was going to be a bunch of one-shots

As neat as pure one-shots would be, the round-robin concept is fascinating and just some good old fashioned creative fun. We get to see a lot of strong teams take on an iconic character and setting, and man has it been worth it so far.

No it didn't, it was just more of the same. With that said, art was fantastic, the fill ins from Inaki Miranda were great too. Still, trash idea, worse execution.

Almost everything DC, nothing Marvel.

I think the storytelling potential in one-shots are sorely underused, and I love Kamandi.

Gwenpool is goodish
Tom King's The Vision was excellent
Ms Marvel was good for a brief time at the beginning

All the Superman Rebirth comics are amazing, everything else is pretty good, Batman is garbage. Not in Rebirth, I mean just in general.

You are correct, anything that bucks against the modern trend of decompression in this day and age is welcome.

Any reading list for the Button event? Or can I just pick it and read?

DC Rebirth #1

Have a working knowledge of Reverse-Flash.

Maybe Flashpoint? I Am Gotham if you REALLY want to make sure you get it all.

>Everyone knows Image puts out the best
most Image books shits on all of DC/Marvel

I don't know about Marvel besides Gwenpool, but in DC:
>Deathstroke
>Red Hood and the Outlawas
>Titans
>Teen Titans
>Superman
>New Superman
>Super Sons
>Action Comics
>Detective Comics
>Green Lanterns
>Hal Jordan and the Gren Lanterns
>Nightwing
All are good.

Deathstroke

The Steve Captain America book is good but it's about to go into megacrossover shit so maybe wait until it's finished to dive in.

Over at DC, Superman, Aquaman, and Super Sons have been pretty good. Also their entire Young Animal line has been really good. The Flintstones is still amazing.

Over at Marvel, Moon Knight, Spider-Man & Deadpool, Power Man & Iron Fist are good. There's other books that are okay, but those are the only standouts.

This is a good list, except for maybe Doctor Fate. If you like Doom Patrol and Shade you could also check out the other two Young Animal comics, Cave Carson and Mother Panic. Those two don't get as much acclaim as Doom Patrol and Shade but they're noticeably above the average superhero comic.

I'm not big on the current Superman but the other 4 are good recommendations.

We don't know if the other half of the creative team will be able to keep up, but the first part of The Button was a very good issue.

Deathstroke and New Super-Man are the only good comics on this list. Tom King's Batman has been better than the rest of these.

You have excellent taste friend.

Tom King's Trilogy of Best Intentions (Omega Men/Vision/Sheriff of Babylon) are the closest to "must read" comics from the last couple of years.

It's fine man, everyone reads underwhelming comics due to attachment to the characters. I'm still reading Titans despite how crap it is.

We'll see if Priest can keep it up, but Deathstroke is absolutely godlike right now.

Tom King's miniseries have been excellent, but they are barely "super hero books".

Superman

Scooby Doo is fantastic fun, if nothing else. Bit too much Batman maybe, starting off.

Gimme a list man, I needs some good comics.
I'd be game with lesbo stuff too

Most of what's good's been said already but I really have to shill for Green Lanterns.

It'll all be worth it when Lazarus contract starts user

>Red Hood and Green Lantern Corps getting a mention
I like you user