ITT: out of character moments

ITT: out of character moments

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KpjBqIn7ELk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's not out of character at all. She CLAIMS to not care about her appearance, even goes so far as to appear gross often, but she (just like everyone else) does care. She puts her hair up every day, doesn't she? She makes an effort to keep her clothes clean and beat.

People care about things they claim they don't care about sometimes.

just because a person is generally tough doesn't mean that they don't have some chink in their armor. You can make fun of me as much as you want but if you say that hair looks bad I'll feel awful

The first two anons are correct, but keep in mind that this was a Toph who was crushing on Sokka. As shown in the Serpent Way episode. It might be her first crush even, and people do things that are abnormal for them when they like someone.

What the fuck does Sokka have anything to do with this scene? He was literally not mentioned at all.

was he even in that episode?

to be fair, Kataara let Toph go out looking like a cheap whore.

less is more with makeup.

>Girl who normally doesn't care about looks is, in a previous episode, shown to have a crush on a boy
>Suddenly wants to get her hair done, have make-up, etc
>Gets depressed when they are told it looks like crap
Gee. It's almost like different episodes can connect, like not everything needs to be told in a single episode.

>Kataara let Toph go out looking like a cheap whore.
To be Fair, Katara is a Water Peasant who wouldn't know good make-up if she tried. Moreover she didn't seem to realize that different skin complexions mean different things for make-up, and likely had the same thing done for her done for Toph.

Every character had a short story for themselves separate from the rest of the cast. Sokka was hitting on chicks in a poetry class.

There are multiple episodes between that. The connection exists purely in your own head.

Well, they did their own make up later in order to infiltrate the Earth Palace.

And they didn't look bad at all.

I think its more that they were using special a special make up style but still wearing pretty basic/peasant clothing.

Go to bed, Josuke.

>chink in their armor
you racist.

That was the point.

They did in the PREVIOUS episode. Which makes it seem like someone on the crew just didn't care.

>a chink in their armor

Toph wouldn't react that way though.

I honestly do not remember Sokka's part

Then you haven't rewatched the series enough. Go do it right now.

You don't remember him dropping those sick haikus? Then getting thrown out because he fucked up his syllable count by one?

I like to think that Suyin is brown because Toph finally got her wish granted and Sokka knocked her up

It's all but explicitly confirmed that Sokka is her father.

Bryke don't like Tokka and they're 100% in charge of everything now, so Sokka's not her dad.

>Bryke don't like Tokka
You're gonna need a source for that, because from what I know this isn't true.

Zuko defecting in the ATLA Book 2 finale.

>The Great Divide
Aang wouldn't have tried to find out which ancestor was at fault. He also wouldn't have lied to the tribes to get them to cooperate. He probably would've told them to get over it because that bullshit happened like 100 years ago.

Bryke has shit taste and everything after ATLA is their own fanfiction.

But Suyin is part of said "fanfiction"...

The Dai Li betraying their country because a teenage girl told them to

Betraying a country that had almost been invaded just before, and was unlikely to fend off another attack? Sounds like they were just looking out for themselves, which literally can't get any less OOC.

Didn't he try that earlier in the episode and it only made things worse?

Yes, other user is retarded.

>so Sokka's not her dad.
good she belong to Aang

Toph is insecure as fuck in a variety of way, and her tough guy persona lapses when she's confronted with them. It mostly comes in the form of mommy and daddy issues, although it stands to reason that the blind girl is also insecure about the way she looks, having no way to tell for herself. Normally she dresses like a boy and lets her hair hang all in her face and if anyone said she looks like shit she can rationalize it by knowing she isn't really trying. She actually did try this time, which is why it hurts. She thought she looked good.

>other user is retarded
>defending The Great Divide

gotcha

Why settle for just Suyin when we can make our OWN fanfiction and say she and Sokka got busy every day and had one child a year? And Toph was STILL able to kick tons of ass on the force even while perpetually pregnant.

Because Suyin is actually animated, while your shitty fanfiction isn't and will probably never be.

Whatever minor distaste they have for Tokka, their Kataang boner is 20 miles high. There's even less chance of their pet ship being disrupted than there is of the ship they kind of don't like coming true.

Quitter talk. It's why you will continue to suckle Bryke's teat while I will ascend to godhood.

I don't think they're obsessed with Kataang so much as they don't want to leave room for the Zutarans to interpret things differently, which at this point is sad in a different sort of way.

>gee I wonder who Su's dad is

I hate this fucking comic because it killed all our fun fan theories of who Lin's mother was, and of COURSE the guy himself is a complete loser and waste of space. Bryke are nothing if not brutal in their ruining of romance fun.

Lin's dad is someone named Kanto, that guy is probably Su's dad.

You... you haven't finished LOK yet, have you?

That guy isn't Lin's dad though.

Who Lin's mother was? I thought that was established in the first episode.

I have never had intercourse with a woman that I found exceptional or noteworthy. If you want to impress me, cover up your breasts, take off the makeup, and impress me with your knowledge. Let us discuss quantum particles, or the works of Darwin and Einstein. Let us marvel at the universe and the vastness of infinity. Ye gods, my mind aches at the vapidity of my generation...

I actually stopped watching after Book 2 killed my interest in the show, so no, I haven't.

Toph shows up and Bolin asks who Lin's dad was. Some guy named Kanto, their relationship didn't work.

Said Mr. Hoverhand.

They give Kataang special treatment. They didn't tell Yang "don't hook up Katara and Zuko" in the comics. They told him "don't break up Kataang" so he just fucked around with Zuko's relationship which Bryke didn't give a fuck about. They may not explicitly say they favor Kataang above all, but they don't really have to.

>tfw to inteligent to have sex

We all know the status quo ships are going to be restored in the end, though. In that respect the Zuki stuff actually just makes me angry, because they DO seem to have chemistry, at least the way Yang writes them, but it's not going to stick and we'll be denied anything more of it.

>their Kataang boner is 20 miles high

i don't know why they have no chemistry throughout the entire series and they're so generic together

two best ship in show pic related

Zutara is interesting at least.
Taang makes me physically sick.

I think it's wrong to say that they have no chemistry, the trouble is that Aang is basically Jesus in the show and, well, nobody wants to see Jesus with a girlfriend, The Da Vinci Code notwithstanding.

It's been almost 10 years. Zutara was shit and is still shit.

Stop trying to say it wasn't.

I don't support it you fucking retard, I just said it was (or rather could have been) interesting to explore, especially as compares to Taang.

I have an IQ of 138 at my highest and 109 at my lowest (multiple personalities, different IQs). I take college classes since primary school and study theoretical physics. It's pretty likely I know more now than you will ever know.

Opening up old wounds. You know a lot of us have PTSD from Zutaran batshitsanity. I didn't want to draw attention to it until someone else threw a fit, but now that it's been noticed, there goes the thread.

I partly agree.

>nobody wants to see Jesus with a girlfriend
thats not it they're just so generic together and boring the watch

Aang and Toph would have a much more interesting relationship dynamic and be way more fun to watch on screen

IS THAT A JOJO REFERENCE?

Every Rad moment after episode one.
Why did they turn him into a giant loser who literally eats poop? He was actually sort of villainous and conniving in the first episode.

>have acne in a small spot on one side of my face for years and has been there for reasons I don't understand as to why
>someone at work makes fun of it in a passing ribbing joke
>feel completely and utterly destroyed

She is a nice girl though.

LITERALLY NO ONE DOES THIS.

WHO THE FUCK GOES OUT OF THEIR WAY TO BULLY BLIND PEOPLE? WHAT THE HELL

>spends entire season going "Wait, no, I am better than any of this." even in the heat of the moment
>in the heat of a singular moment he goes "NO FUCK YOU I AM EVIL HAHAHA"

Book 2 is the best season and it makes Book 3 feel worse because Zuko does that immediate turn. Fuck all that.

Happens all the time to villains these days. Usually to be replaced by a stronger villain.

Son, I have 3 PhDs and an MD. I've had Mensa hounding me since I was 8 fucking years old. I've gotten top offers from NASA, the CIA, the NSA, top hospitals around the country, too many universities to mention, but I told them all, "No. I'm dedicated to watching kid's cartoons." You think YOU'RE too intelligent to have sex? Get on my level.

Some people are cunts and the show takes place in a time period equivalent to ours when there was less political correctness and you could put retards in sideshows.

queer

>Lin's dad is someone named Kanto, that guy is probably Su's dad.
Johto?

There's no way for them to know she's blind.

And even if they did, spoiled upper class teenage girls are the most vicious and cruel beings in existence.

>Mensa

Thant means dumb woman in spanish. Ironic, isn't it?.

>people in this thread defending it

You do know it could have very well been a writer who wrote that segment that doesn't have much to do with the rest of the show?

Poor ugly girl.

prepare to be wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=KpjBqIn7ELk

You're proud of those below-to-average ranks? You live in Oklahoma or something?

>mfw never had acne on my face
good thing no girls ever saw my chest or back

I have become retardarated just reading this.

thats a bro right there

The idea of Sokka as a deadbeat dad depresses me.

>Zutarafags still salty

Does it depress you more or less than the fact that he apparently had no children with Suki, and we see nothing of her in Korra?

>fan theories of who Lin's mother was

her mother is toph

In Swedish it means to smear period over something.

There's only one way that's going to end.

But you're right. You're completely right.
While the fairer gender has it's uses, it just cannot produce in number women intelligent and interesting enough to undo the damage that womankind has done to their own reputation.

I unironically feel this way sometimes.

Any woman can suck my dick, but I'm a sucker for the ones that blow my mind. But yeah, user, don't be fucking nerd.

This is the 1XXXs. That was the look back then

You are a fool. No matter how much you know, you are a fool.

Sounds like you'd rather marvel at the vastness inside your own ass.

can toph use her earthbendingvision to detect the size of your penor or if you have a boner at the moment?
how far is the range of her vision?

Narrow that down to 18XX.

>I have never had intercourse with a woman
You could have stopped right there and your post would have the same meaning

>becomes a better person after giving up hope of being a prince again
>is offered the chance to be a prince again and accepts
his growth in season 2 was built on him no longer thinking his father's acceptance was within reach, when it was it all came crumbling down