Why does the letterboxing keep changing throughout this film? Why isn't the aspect ratio consistent?

Why does the letterboxing keep changing throughout this film? Why isn't the aspect ratio consistent?

Some scenes have black bars at the top and bottom and some don't, it's very annoying.

Example

That's what you get for watching Nu-Star Trek

it was fine in IMAX

some scenes were shot with IMAX ratio, others werent.

Nolan is a hack

That sounds stupid, why didn't he just pick one or the other.

There's scenes where the aspect ratio changes every shot and it's incredibly distracting.

because some scene were shot with an Imax camera.

the same reason the aspect ratio changed in The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises

where can i learn about aspect ratio's?

Also Interstellar. It's very distracting, why exactly not film it all in IMAX?

I've watched both these films and I didn't notice this happening. It seemed the whole films were letterboxed

If you watched the film in IMAX, the aspect ratio doesn't change because the film was emulated to have a consistent letterbox. Otherwise, the aspect ratio is bipolar.

Filming an entire movie in IMAX isn't that attractive to production companies due to high costs

Because Nolan only shoots film, and 70mm is the only way to get detail for certain shots, but its overkill for others.

>why exactly not film it all in IMAX?

Mainly cause the cameras are noisy and very bulky I think is the reason given by Nolan himself when TDK came out?

It's very simple

Some of the movie was shot in IMAX , some of it was in 35mm

imax cameras are loud as fuck you cant do scenes with dialogue unless you dub it.

The camera's are loud.

Draw some squares with a ruler

what is the benefit to each one in movies and why does a director choose one

IMAX

Very boring film

How come some movies bill themselves as 2.35:1 but when it actually comes to crop their letterboxes its always something obscure like 2.40 or up to 3 decimal places (and nowhere close to 2.35).

Holy shit, how embarrassing.

Kubrick shot 4:3 because he was worried about how his movies would look on TV.

I noticed that too and was hoping it was just a problem with the rip. Was it like that it theaters?

Standard anamorphic aspect ratio. Most blockbusters are shot and projected in this ratio.

No idea what's up with your blu-ray player or rips.

Nevermind.

2.35:1 is standard for pre 1970 anamorphic.

Apparently now it's 2.39:1 which gets converted to 2.40:1 for blu ray.

Yes. Same with The Dark Knight.

every scene you see in a movie is dubbed you brainlet nigger

It's because Nolan shoots film.

Imax film cameras are useless for dialogue scenes.

Infinity War is using a new modified digital Arri Imax rig to shoot the whole film in Imax ratio.

No they aren't.
Where do you get this stupid shit from?

Can someone explain to a brainlet like me why bother using IMAX at all then if it just makes things inconsistent?

Only if you saw it in IMAX.

It's B I G