Why is there such a HUGE disconnect between CRITICS and the FANS?

Why is there such a HUGE disconnect between CRITICS and the FANS?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4S6iJpJ752A
cnet.com/news/last-jedi-rotten-tomatoes-star-wars/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fans don't get paid.

fans are dumb

Critics can't risking pissing off Disney because they own everything now.

Critics are terrified to give an actual opinion on Disney or feel their wrath

It used to be amusing, but it’s getting pretty scary

Disney needs to be broken up

If you don't know by now, there is no helping you.

the standard for what qualifies as a movie reviewer is the lowest it's ever been

Disney was a mistake

This is beautiful,how low for it to turn red?

>Disney don't pay crit-

critics get paid to watch movies, fans pay to watch them

If critics don't give good reviews, then Disney won't give them free review discs/fly them out to the special screenings and they'll lose their jobs.

massive amount of shills, even faggot central is banning all videos and posts ripping on the movie. It's bad, it's so fucking bad. This movie is the test flight to see if they have enough power to out shill and control public opinion.

Critics get flown out to a premier, showered in free stuff and threatened with blacklisting if they don't praise the film.

A lot of critics are nerd culture aficionados who have an emotional stake in seeing comic book and sci-fi movies be not only financially successful, but critically beloved, and are (perhaps subconsciously) abusing their position to achieve this.

Why is there no audio of this vid? It's got to be out there though I'm still yet to see it.

Movie journos = game journos now. Only trust user scores.

>how low for it to turn red?

It still got a long way to go

Man, I feel so bad for Mark. You could tell that his character was precious to him, and they completely raped it in front of the entire world to see.

Because OUT OF TOUCH FANS weren't ready for a #LITY little space romp. The CRITICS are loving it and are literally PISSING themselves everytime a #PORG walks on screen

not real score, industry standard imdb has score at the correct 8.0

I mean, I've always felt that people who hate something are much more likely to go out of their way to leave a shitty review than people who loved it are likely to leave a glowing one.

fans don't get invited to special screenings and star wars themed parties where they get flown in, get special merchendasie and develop a hivemind

also, they all have the same political views so any movie that pushes veganism, evil 1% ers, and low key communism will get very high scores

Critics don't even need to watch or like watching movies. All they need to be able to do is write a text.

It's similar to video game reviewers who can't even complete the first level of most games.

He is dead inside in that video. I really believe the theory that Luke wasn't meant to die, and they just edited the sequence without Mark knowing.

youtube.com/watch?v=4S6iJpJ752A
2min

Last night's ratings are in.

Now we wait for the Sunday crowd to see it.

>I really believe the theory that Luke wasn't meant to die, and they just edited the sequence without Mark knowing.
Same.
It just felt so unnatural. Didn't even know he dead at first and was just confused what happened.

LMAO when Mark finally looks at him it literally looks like he's considering strangling him

so there you go, right after the webm bit he cracks joke, with the same face on. All this over "resting bitch face"

we've seen this before with Goose. When the director is talking about the movie, you've heard him say this stuff, it's not like he's explaining it to you. You can just go into your own thoughts, you're not obligated to pretend like you're listening to the other people at the promo tour event, unless you're like a new deferential junior

RO was objectively much better than TFA but has lower critic and audience score.

What's going on here?

Russian bots are being used to give TLJ bad reviews, its an effort to fight back against the diversity in the movie. All the critics loved it and people who actually saw the movie do too.

It wouldn't surprise me if the fan score was in the 7 range and just brought down by alt-right trolls or anti-SJWs

>tied with AOTC for the worst SW movie yet
holy fuck how

TFA had the "omg its a new sw movie" boost
RUSSIAN
HACKERS

>everyone who disagrees with me is a racist troll

First the presidency & then Star Wars!

fpbp

Buckle up buckaroo!

Just google it its a well known fact

I miss dwayneposting

4/10 troll

>faggot central

Reddit?

cnet.com/news/last-jedi-rotten-tomatoes-star-wars/

first line bro

Weren’t you paying attention to the shitsorm between Disney and LA times?

Any Disney film review from a “professional” can’t be trusted now.

2/10 troll

Angry manchildren. It's a good movie, but manbabies no likey bad movie because Disney make woman important to story.

>Muh Russian boogeyman

Women have always been important in Star Wars stories...

>and people who actually saw the movie do too

LOL movie was shit, just as was TFA. Disney basically cucked Star Wars now. I mean even the Prequels were better than TFA/TLJ shit. TFA/TLJ are like the fidget spinners of this generation.

Whose the faggot talking? The director?

critics are no longer critics. They don't report on the movie itself but rather score the movie based on what current social dogma says and adherence to it

see: ghostbusters.

Always under the shadow of a man. Try again sweetie.

>Criticize the Mouse's billion dollar franchise
>No longer invited to any Marvel, Star Wars and even Fox stuff
No fucking shit.

Every single "positive" review or post I've read about the movie has the same two things in it.

1) It subverts expectations, that's great!
2) People who dislike it are just mad about their theories.

Seriously, every single comment, thread, review, interview, whatever about the movie says those exact things. How hard is Disney astroturfing for this movie? And why are they, it's Star Wars, even PM and ATTC printed money.

1) The only expectation it subverts is that it would be a good movie. It still draws heavily from ESB. The only people who die are either one shots like Holdo who we don't care about or Luke, who we know wanted out of the series. The only real subversion is Snoke being a literal who, and that's just lazy writing. Yeah, not everyone has to be some big name, but you can't hype up a character like that for nothing.

2) I have seen few if any people say they hate it because of theories. Even if they did, why do all the positive posts feel the need to bring this up every single time? Let neckbeards rage about their theories, that doesn't change anything about the movie itself.

I too am a fan of episode 6 for some reason.
6>=4

>QUEEN Amidala
>PRINCESS Leia
They are literally the most important and powerful people in their societies.

But what was the joke? It was at the expense of the director, but i couldnt make out what Mark said.
He looked pissed, then gives a half hearted chuckle.
Pissed.

oh, but after thinking about it more the real answer is probably that it's not safe to give it a bad review. Disney empire would be pissed and doing so would be social suicide. Also see how critics critical of ghostbusters were targeted and harassed for it.

It was so fucking childlike. The humor really ruined a lot of the dramatic scenes.

for the same reason a fucking comic book film is one of the top 5 films ever made according to imdb

THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

hmmmmmmmmm

The critics are owned by the mouse, dummy.

No true Star Wars fan would ever hate a Star Wars movie! (sponsored comment)

Rogue one below tfa really? I mean it wasnt perfect but it was leagues above tfa. Out of modern sw its my favourite

This tbqh

it was the russians

Say it with me, MAN CHILDREN

Sad but true.
The prequels built on the universe, did some fun stuff. They had style, imagination. Sure, the writing sucked and some of the acting was awful, but they were fun. They also provided for some fantastic EU material.
The new series is garbage. It's derivative, pandering and inconsistent.

FUCK ZRUMPF

Ah yes, the Ghostbusters gambit. Always a winner.

Just watch it another time you dumb WHITE MALE

>going on redit

>fan theories
This part drives me mad. It's not a fucking fan theory to expect the most important character in the franchise to act consistently. The only reason they can even say this is because of how hard they've rebooted the series.

>coruscant suddenly irrelevant so they can blow up the new republic we know nothing about
>it's not tattooine guise its jakku xddd
>nostalgia in TFA followed by iconoclasm in TLJ
>EU is dead, sorry about all the lore neckbeards!
>lel whitebois just mad about diversity

They want to completely make this into a different series. This movie is the chance for them to do that. All the old characters are irrelevant now. Anything from EU will not be touched upon. Any of you anons remember Nar Shadda? Yeah, that shit will never be mentioned. I'd hazard to say that fucking Kashyyk will be relegated to brief mentions before being forgotten altogether.

This quite simply isn't Star Wars anymore. They took a rich, fun, and massive universe and decided to dump it in favour of Disney procedure. SW has always been somewhat normie, but they also accommodated the more nerdy-autist side of their fanbase, with piles of books, games like KOTOR, and lore out the wazoo. It was stuff that made the universe feel detailed and full of stories. Now that Disney has the reigns, that's over.

#MarkWasRight #StandWithHamill

With Hamil. I was on board with his warnings from ages ago. Still even prepared I wasn't ready for this.

Ask The Rock.

How long until they ban fan scores from metacritic?

Not LITTY enough.

The audience is always right. Well, mostly.

In this culture? People fall over themselves to tell each other how much they love the star wars

Oh boy, fans had their venom & knives ready. Critics LOVE this movie. Huge positive scores. Big disconnect w/fans people.

First post eternally best post.

yeah

Same reason why citizen kane was blasted by plebs and loved by critics when it came out

YASS QUEAN

LITTY
LITTLE
WINTER
BLOCKBUSTER

The critics get to snort coke off daisy ridleys bottom cheeks after a good spanking

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ (like a critic) to understand The Last Jedi™.

phantom menace if you ignore jar jar is one of the better movies
it was far better then that piece of shit attack of the clones movie.
and better then FA or LJ

A critic is someone that gives criticism. What is currently known as a "critic" is a crypto-marketer.

THE CRITICS ARE PAID OFF

THE FANS ARE #LITTY

DISNEY E X P O S E D

critics hate new RAUNCHY flicks

>critics rank Last Jedi 13 points higher than Return of the Jedi

>going on reddit
>having an active account on reddit
>actually voting on reddit
you've exposed yourself, user