Why did nobody like X-Men evolution?

Why did nobody like X-Men evolution?

Recently rewatched it

Better than all the other X-men cartoons

One of the best superhero cartoons of all time and it managed to have a good run before getting a rather rushed ending.

Why do you think no one liked it? My dad was a bootyblasted Claremontfag who didn't like how they did the ages, but even he enjoyed it

You must be new

People did like it, though.

There IS a negative opinion about the beginning eps, and coming off the old show I can see why there was butthurt.

But shit really did pick up during the second season

Wasn't bad, but it was all over the place.
>So was the original X-Men TAS and comics
Yeah, but in a good way. The original TAS was loosely following comic arcs which were chaotic because of intention to change direction over time.
This was a show with a direction about high school mutants, then it sort of just wasn't.

I also hated how unresolved some shit was. Like Mystique is this complete murdering piece of shit, but hey she has kids she cares about and I'm supposed to feel bad or think that's complex? No, she tried to murder the X-Kids, the whole mansion, just because and then later Kurt is asking Rogue to try to sympathize with her just because she's their mother? Who gives a fuck, he didn't know that until recently, why does her relation to them suddenly change what sort of person they see her as. She was never around for them. She barely even showed Rogue any kindness in the school when she was, just tolerance. Like all the others.

Oh and it doesn't stop there. At one point Magneto decides to just brainwash Wanda because it's too much work making up for what a terrible piece of shit he's been and everyone just goes with it, especially Pietro who just can't be bothered to care anymore. The only person who does is Toad, and that's played like a joke.

The show wasn't bad, but it found time to piss me off one too many times. Don't get me started on that left field girl power episode. What the freshly squeezed fuck possessed them?

Great Scott though. He was as much a leader as a friend to everyone.

>Don't get me started on that left field girl power episode. What the freshly squeezed fuck possessed them?

Regardless of what it seemed to be about, it was 100% about Weisman perving over teenage girls in leather.
I mean, have you SEEN the character drawings for the show pitch and the interesting...uhh..."instructions" and "comments" Greg gave?

Coming off the relatively big scaled TAS, the first 2 seasons feel slow and it was mostly Roguefags who complained due to how different she was in the show. IMO, it had the best adapted version of Cyclops and Jean. The first time I actually liked them as a couple too. Helps Wolverine wasn't part of the usual love triangle drama.

Best x-23 by far

>have you SEEN the character drawings for the show pitch and the interesting...uhh..."instructions" and "comments" Greg gave?
Do I want to?

>Oh and it doesn't stop there. At one point Magneto decides to just brainwash Wanda because it's too much work making up for what a terrible piece of shit he's been and everyone just goes with it, especially Pietro who just can't be bothered to care anymore. The only person who does is Toad, and that's played like a joke.
Yeah that was fucked. Especially the ending where Magneto woke up from being a Horseman to seeing both of his kids there for him

Fuck them for treating Wanda like that

Are you kidding? People loved it. Pretty sure it went for quite a few seasons.

I liked the parts where Sabertooth and Wolverine did stupid shit to each other, and including Pietro's quirk of talking fast. Though I wish they kept Kurt's curly hair, but I suppose straight hair is just easier to animate.

Summarizing I did a month ago.

>Best x-23 by far

Probably because that version's the original.

Alright guys, you're Avalanche, do you try and join the X-men to get a piece of Kitty and how fast do you throw away the fishbowl helmet

>Kitty is an insufferable cunt

I didn't think she was that bad.

I want to!

Evolution is where she began. But yeah, best version. I prefer the rugged, tough look she has in this version over the generic slut she became in the comics. She's also browner.

Basically this. With a female clone of Wolverine, I expect her to look tough.

tons of people liked it
nobody with taste loved it. it was kiddy popcorn in a lot of ways. the good aspects weren't quite enough to make up for that, but they were good

he's such a hypocrite.
yeah though they did give her different hair, skin, and eye colors.. kinda weird for a clone. is she meant to be half wolverine's DNA doubled, or just his entire DNA replicated except the Y replaced with his X?

Did the weird shading on everyones noses bother any one else?
Looked like they all had broken Owen Wilson noses.

>it was mostly Roguefags who complained due to how different she was in the show.
Really? That's weird, since Goth!Rogue was indisputably the breakout character of the show...

I hope SunsetRider or whatever Gunsmoke's calling himself now finishes that fucking comic.

Dr. Deborah Risman (her creator) was darker so I thought Laura ended up being her genetic daughter like Sarah Kinney in 616

Mostly at first, but she grew on people.

Is this the one where Wolverine always snarled before he talked?

Jay liked it

I thought goth Rogue was an interesting take on the character from the get-go. It always made the most sense to me and still kinda does.

You are stupid

Is this some kind of new meme?

>why dose no one like x

X-Men Evolution is one of the best X-toons. I wish they didn't involve SHIELD though, let's keep the X-Verse self contained.

Not too hard of a feat considering Evolution was actually animated and the old show was maybe a step or two beyond Speed Racer.

I still can't understand why they put in that edgy teen prostitute shit. Evolution's portrayal was just fine.

Making her damaged gives something for the fan boys to gush themselves over with daydreams about "saving" her.

Concise notes on breast appearance and size.

The REAL best X-men cartoon

Nah

Fucking loved this show. Kurt/Scott for best bromance.

Friendly reminder their VAs went on to voice Mikami and Light Yagami respectively in Death Note.

post rogue

Prof X had a super comfy voice, he should do documentaries

No fucking way.

>you will never have sex with rogue, even if she did exist

>that episode that randomly had captain america

So long as she doesn't have a latex allergy, I'd be up to the challenge.

My memory is really bad, but didn't Kurt and Rogue tell Mystique to fuck off when she tried to make things up?

You retards do realize Weisman didn't work on this show, right?

As I recall Kurt was reluctant and Rogue straight up detested her, but when Mystique was turned into a statue Kurt told Rogue to maybe give Mystique a second chance because they don't know how bad her life might have been to excuse abandoning them.

Even though there's really no excuse for why Mystique chose to become a horrible bitch.

Everyone loved the Brotherhood, if I recall.

Spyke was cool though.

Storm always gets underplayed because her powers make her a potential deus ex machina at all times. She's anthropomorphic shock and awe, standing in the back and throwing lightning bolts at people.

People really didn't like X-Men: Evolution? It was probably the best X-Men cartoon.

Gundamfag here.

>The Blob as an emotionally complex character dealing realistically with the effects of being socially awkward (because of his appearance) while also being big and strong enough to fuck up anyone (save other mutants) who glances at him sideways
>With a costume that makes him look halfway badass instead of a joke character
We didn't deserve this show.

>That grown up Avalanche
Umph

My nigga

The Brotherhood were such solid characters... at least until Wanda showed up, she was a bit much. I like that the Brotherhood became more of a rivalry to the X-Men rather than villains. The element of classism in the show was interesting.

I feel like the biggest problem was how the show literally kiddified alot of the X-men Mythos. Sure, make Nightcrawler, Rogue, and Shadowcat teenagers, but Scott and Jean, too? You couldn't have had Bobby/Iceman or Storm as teens as well? Wolverine and *maybe* beast are the only ones who need to be older. They have a first episode involving Avalanche trying to steal homework answers and centering *alot* of later plots around a normal high school or team building exercises compared to TAS leading in with Night of the Sentinels.

I feel like this is more the fault of Kids WB and whatever bullshit standards they forced on everything (I feel this also ruined some of Batman Beyond for me, too) but really, Evolution may have had good moments but they were mired in Not another High School cartoon bullshit.

I want to hug grown up Blob

Weren't they ALL originally teenagers?

>people actually hating on Kyle and the Yostmen is response to your post

Beside Mojo being a pirate in that one episode the show was pretty tight

Pyro still looks a bit crazy there, but I'd like to know how he goes from a total loon to being able to function at SHIELD.

I actually feel that some of the censoring was a good thing in the end, since it forced the writers to get creative. Batman The Animated Series made a great use out of censor decoys, and a relatively simple plot could be forced to become more nuanced when you can't take the more pragmatic approach.

next season would have given us best girl too

I hate when people put controversial statements in the OP to get a conversation going. You fucking know plenty of people loved this show, faggot

Brad Swaile will always be Amuro Ray to me.

Too much fucking focus on Bubs

Now that Avalanche is dead in the comics I genuinely want them to bring in Lance Alvers as a Kitty Pryde of sorts for the Brotherhood of Mutants in the X-Men line. I think it'd be interesting to have him be mentored and grow close to "evil" mutants.

At the very end of the series yeah.

They'd just beaten Apocalypse and freed Mystique from his control and both Kurt and Rogue said they were sick of her shit

Quicksilver is my favorite Marvel hero and I have this show to thank for introducing me to him.

Who?

Is he doing ANYTHING besides the JL game anymore?

That's setting the bar really low, but you are probably right in stating X-Men Evolution was the best X-Men cartoon.

Meanwhile, the DC cartoons were nothing but quality. Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Justice League, and Justice League Unlimited all were far superior to every Marvel cartoon.

I say this as a huge fan of the X-Men, and grew up watching X-Men TAS and Batman TAS. Then, for those with discerning taste, like myself, we watched the old The Tick cartoon.

Avengers: EMH was the closest thing we'll ever get to a Marvel DCAU in either quality or continuity.

The bangs make me think it's Magik.

because they didn't spank Arcade like the pussy he is.

I think it worked fine. It helped that the characters were likable (except Spyke, but even he got better) and it allowed the series to escalate throughout the seasons and raise the stakes. I mean, we go from Avalanche stealing test answers to Apocalypse by the end of the series.

Kyle and Yost worked on both.

FUCK Jay!

their character designs awakened my puberty as if it was my mutant power all along

wait how is a lot of that unresolved?

>nightcrawler feeling upset about the loss of mystique
yeah mystique did horrible stuff but she's his mother. he didn't like her but after she got turned to stone he thought "she's awful but I'm not going to let her stay like this ". even if it wasn't shown in the shoe, nightcrawler is heavily Christian and a lot of Christianity's teachings are turn the other cheek and that forgiveness is real.
plus at the end mystique tries to talk to him and rogue and they're both like "save it we're done". so they figured we saved her that's it we don't need her in our life tho.

>the stuff with wanda
yeah it was fucked up but it was also very in character for everyone who knew. magneto didn't want her hunting him down and neither did pietro. toad saw how much happier she was and thought it was better. she went from a being of hatred and destruction to being happy. it's a bit fucked but understandable.

>teen girl episode
that was pure fetish stuff a ton of shows had that. plus kid me had a huge crush on magma

it was fine

back then WB was "put them in high school" crazy and if any property fit in high school it was the X-men

Okay, let me rephrase: the Odious High School aspects of Evolution hurt it more than helped. It made the show feel toothless more than Wolverine telling someone to recycle his water bottle. It felt like the show was dumbing itself down, or worse, talking down to its audience whenever the characters were in the actual high school.

I recall a much later episode after all the kids were outed as mutants and there was some kid who tried to befriend Spyke so he'd beat up his tormentors and Jean lost her sports accolades because she couldn't prove that she didn't cheat with her powers. I feel like either of *those* could have been made the focuses of entire episodes instead of starting off with stealing test answer bullshit or having the characters team build by climbing a mountain together or the dancing scene bullshit that got Sabertooth to attack Rogue and Shadowcat.

Most people liked it. Only old-school fans hated it because they turn everyone into teenagers.

Old school X-fags are cancer.

Tied with Animated for best Apocalypse. His power set is best in Evolution.

Best Nightcrawler

I didn't like it...I *loved* it.

Also best Blob.

>left field girl power episode

That was a great episode.

Bros before hoes.

Pietro isn't going to give you a quickie

Toad might give you a tongue job though

That Magik?

The show had great concept art, that's for sure. Wish it had more seasons.

Worst Colossus, which is surprising because he's one of the easiest characters to adapt ever. Dude likes art and is a bro and is tough as fuck, done.

Was she really? Toad always struck me as such. Rogue was ok, but I don't see the hype, there were even more attractive looking females than her if it's just about wank material.

I do not want to think about how many diseases are on Toad's tongue.

>There IS a negative opinion about the beginning eps

I was trying to remember why I hated it as a kid, but you're right, I only hated the first few episodes and still watched the whole run of the show.

Hey, man, I'm an oldschool X-fag and I think it's their best X show. It was a fairly well done alternate universe and everything didn't revolve around Wolverine for once. I just wish it had been promoted better and not cancelled so that more characters could get development and to see who else they bring in. There were still so many possibilities.

And best Toad, arguably, though Mortimer and Todd may as well be completely different guys with the same powers.

Instead of being purely a pathetic lackey who inspires disgust and pity he was the underdog with highly nuanced characterization and great humor. He was so damn lovable despite his mutation and personality flaws.

Genuinely liked it. Wished there was more of it.
Feel compelled to watch it again.

No, Claremont's Nightcrawler is best. Evolution did do him justice, though.

Can always stick it in that crazy slut, Tabitha.