More on Marvel Legacy at diamond summit

>The Marvel meeting at the Diamond Summit in Chicago just broke. Press and phones were banned from the presentation to comic book retailers, and it wasn’t just so that no retailer would get a recording of another Marvel exec talking about diversity.

>They also talked about Marvel Legacy, teased recently, and what it will mean for a number of their titles,

>So we will see the fall of Peter Parker and Parker Industries as part of the Spider-Man books.

>Tying in thematically with Thor: Ragnarok, we will see the Return to Planet Hulk in the Hulk books.

>And then the resurrection of Tony Stark in Iron Man.

>But this is not a crossover, not an event, not a mini-series, more of a rebranding. There will be a one-shot called Marvel Legacy #1, but that’s it. It’s kickstarting the Bleeding Cool-rumoured “Make Mine Marvel”. Marvel confirmed that, yes, as Bleeding Cool reported they are returning some titles to their legacy numbering, while still crafting the titles to be new reader friendly. And there will be a handout explaining how each title gets to the issue number they arrive at.

>And while there is some factor of moving back to some kind of Nuts and Bolts for certain characters, they insist this will not be at the expense of any of the newer diverse characters.

>And yes, one of the big things they showed was an image of all the new and diverse characters of Marvel, including Ironheart, Ms Marvel, Thor, etc, with the banner saying in large letters THIS IS MARVEL. David Gabriel didn’t give it more than a passing comment without context, but it was a result of the recent internet discussions about diversity at Marvel. It was pretty clear to retailers there that Marvel are committed to these characters, their diversity, and that they were here to stay.

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2017/04/20/marvel-legacy-brings-back-planet-hulk-tony-stark-announced-2017-diamond-summit/
bleedingcool.com/2017/04/18/marvel-cancels-nova-june-7/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bleedingcool.com/2017/04/20/marvel-legacy-brings-back-planet-hulk-tony-stark-announced-2017-diamond-summit/

I can believe this because synergy and it seems like marvel has no one steering the ship.

DC ON SUICIDE WATCH

Marvel rebirth coming to crush them in comics just like we crush them in everything else

I-I liked parker industries though...

>It was pretty clear to retailers there that Marvel are committed to these characters, their diversity, and that they were here to stay.

If they are so insecure about not seeming "diverse" enough then nothing has changed.

Now fans whining against what they want?

I need to see creative teams first.

it's almost like these losers don't know what they want and just complain to complain

Yup.

>we will see the Return to Planet Hulk in the Hulk books.
...with She-Hulk and Cho-Hulk?

If that means more Miles... I'm out

No with banner.

This reeks of Marvel learning nothing after the Marvel Now relaunch. This is why they shouldn't have gone SJW, cause they can't take back any of it.

>Parker Industries will fall.

Oh thank fuck. Tony Stark lite was absolute trash.

>Return to Planet Hulk.

Fucking what?

>Resurrection of Tony Stark.

Never cared for Iron Man, so I don't really care.

Wow it's fucking nothing

Nice reboot drones really going against the grain

I feel like, instead of pissing off one group and then another, this might be the rare event that makes EVERYONE mad.

Why? It's literally just Iron Man, but with a power set designed for New York.

Also,

>Liking Slott

>resurrection of Tony Stark

isn't that pretty much par for the course for Marvel lately though??

>>And while there is some factor of moving back to some kind of Nuts and Bolts for certain characters, they insist this will not be at the expense of any of the newer diverse characters.
>>And yes, one of the big things they showed was an image of all the new and diverse characters of Marvel, including Ironheart, Ms Marvel, Thor, etc, with the banner saying in large letters THIS IS MARVEL. David Gabriel didn’t give it more than a passing comment without context, but it was a result of the recent internet discussions about diversity at Marvel. It was pretty clear to retailers there that Marvel are committed to these characters, their diversity, and that they were here to stay.

Marvel, get your heads out of your ass already. No one likes them save for Kamala.

Unless they plan on summoning Jack Kirby's ghost to write some of these books, I do not give a shit. Their current crop of writers are still awful, doesn't matter what they put them on.

>supporting CW2
Only carolfags are this deluded

>Moving properties closer to the movie versions (Parker back to being a chump, Banner alive and in Planet Hulk, Stark alive, etc.)
>Diversity characters still hanging around for media kudos but zero sales.
So... nothing changes? This is the same Marvel we've had for years that people are sick of.

I want a Taskmaster ongoing, fuck A-Listers and their legacies.

>No one likes them.

Ftfy

I hope its Skaar and the Warbound

>Bendis is still in
Yeah no

I call it the Nick Spencer Method.

Faggot fans dont want change.

No ody buys c listers

I guess you didn't read the OP

>original 5 x-men still exist
>Gotg are nothing more than movie sinergy
>Venom is back at being edgy when nobody wanted
>Riri Willian and Miles are still a thing

That part about the banner of diversity characters is so fucking funny. They really got put in check by the "muh diversity" crowd, where they can't afford to nix all these characters and draw even more bad publicity, so now they have to keep putting out this sales poison that even the people whining won't buy. All this while making a pitiful effort at winning back people who do actually buy comics. Pathetic but hilarious.

In other news, Marvel continues to shoot themselves in the foot.

A-And the marriage will come back. R-Right?

>But this is not a crossover, not an event, not a mini-series, more of a rebranding. There will be a one-shot called Marvel Legacy #1, but that’s it. It’s kickstarting the Bleeding Cool-rumoured “Make Mine Marvel”.

So LITERALLY Rebirth, right down to the one-shot kicking it off? Good lord this is shameless.

The House of Ideas.
Not necessarily their ideas.

I skimmed it... kinda

Which legacy numbers are they returning to? Iron Man? ASM?

>It was pretty clear to retailers there that Marvel are committed to these characters, their diversity, and that they were here to stay.

I see. So Marvel will continue pandering to a demographic that never read their comics in the first place and continue pumping out these shitty, one dimensional token characters just for diversity's sake.

I hope they go bankrupt someday...

>There will be a one-shot called Marvel Legacy #1, but that’s it.
FUCKING LEL

>yfw they do the exact same Rebirth pose but it's Reed's hand they're reaching out for.

I miss that Starfire costume.

Literally all of that sounds fucking horrible. Marvel can't die soon enough.

I'm down to 3 Marvel books now, and I'm sure it'll be 0 soon.

That shop's horrible. Evans looks like a cardboard cut.

>Franklin Richards takes the place of Dr. Manhattan.

ASM for sure.

>I'm down to 3 Marvel books now, and I'm sure it'll be 0 soon.
Only one so far Renew your vows

>No one likes them save for Kamala.
That's because Kamala isn't stealing anyone's identity. Carol got promoted to Captain Marvel so the costume was free to get.

At least Parker Industries is gone. That shit was cancer.

Yeah I'm down to 1 and none of the new books announced have me even vaguely interested, so I'm pretty sure I'll be at 0 soon too.

Is Fantastic Four coming back?

Also, Kamala has her own distinct personality that stands on its own.

What the fuck is even happening? I heard Peter is going to invade a country or some shit.

I gave up all hope for Spencer when I found out he was an ENTHUSIASTIC Clinton supporter.

I also liked how they tied her to Carol without retconning shit and even her angle was handled nicely.

>Marriage wont come back.

>Fantastic Four are still gone.

>Inhumans will still be shilled.

Marvel's """""""""""""""""""""""""Rebirth"""""""""""""""""""""""""

>And yes, one of the big things they showed was an image of all the new and diverse characters of Marvel, including Ironheart, Ms Marvel, Thor, etc, with the banner saying in large letters THIS IS MARVEL

NOT MUH MARVEL

Kamala is a cunt in every book featuring her not written by GWW.

So, Marvel Rebirth right?

Perfect representation of his acting talent then.

GIVE US THE CREATIVE TEAMS YOU FUCKS

JUST REBRAND EVERY YEAR, WHY NOT?

Even kamala's creator pointed out how stupid it is to kill/ruin a character for the sake of a legacy is.

at least they seem to have gotten their heads out of their ass and are giving Inhumans to good writers like Ewing and Priest

>inb4 Bitch Ewing

>No ody buys c listers

The Guardians of The Galaxy were definitely C-Listers before the movie. Yet Marvel still published GOTG comics and they sold just fine. Also Marvel published solos for fucking nobodies like Solo and Foolkiller so why not give one to Taskmaster?

that's just because Waid can't write teenagers

or adults

>MUH DIVERSITY

What I like about DC Rebirth is that they're not pushing diversity just as hard. They have diversity but they don't force it.

>blame readers for not wanting diversity characters
>the sjw hear it as "it's the diversity characters fault!!!"
>proceed to try and save face after everything backfires
kek

Okay, here we go. I'm about to sum up the entirety of the Parker Industries arc.

>Peter is super famous

>Peter has made cars, space ships, airplanes, and submarines for his "bodyguard" Spider-Man.

>He invents a hip new smart watch called Webware.

>Ben Reilly comes back to life.

>Ben turns super evil and starts a zombie outbreak.

>Peter solves the zombie virus by exploding every Webware on the planet.

>A shit load of people sue him.

>Stopping Ben helped Kingpin, so Fisk repays Peter by telling him where Norman is.

>SHIELD helps Peter hunt down Goblin.

>Turns out he took over Symkaria

>Silver Sable wasn't dead (shocker)

>She decides to help Peter

>Public finds out that Parker Industries is helping Silver Sable take back Symkaria.

>SHIELD doesn't want the attention so they throw Peter under the bus and deem him "as much of a threat as AIM and Hydra"

>Peter is now a fugitive toppling a regime.

kek, I hope they're committed to no sales and DC Domination.

>And while there is some factor of moving back to some kind of Nuts and Bolts for certain characters, they insist this will not be at the expense of any of the newer diverse characters.

>And yes, one of the big things they showed was an image of all the new and diverse characters of Marvel, including Ironheart, Ms Marvel, Thor, etc, with the banner saying in large letters THIS IS MARVEL.

Wishful thinking. These new Mary Sue heroes will be ditched eventually. The same has already happened in the 70's and in the 90's, both came with only few survivors who lived through the purge. The Tumblr-era of Marvel will only see Kamala surviving from the new cast.

>The Tumblr-era of Marvel will only see Kamala surviving from the new cast.

As God intended.

I want a Mania solo. Doesn't even have to be an ongoing it could be a mini. I would buy every issue. Hell I may even try to buy every variant which is something I never do.

Yeah, SamCap sales fell into the gutter after SteveCap was released, even with the Hydra stuff. Unworthy Thor blew out Whor even with that stupid Gor revelation. If you offer Hero Classic: What you Grew up With or Saw in a Movie and Redundant Diversity Push, people are going to flock to the former.

>Fantastic Four are still gone.
>Marvel Heroes Omega
>they keep the X-Men, get rid of the F4
What the fuck did the first family do to Perlmutter?

>Spider Man "Bodyguard"
Because we didnt have enough Stark likeness, did we? Seriously, fuck Parker Industries. If I wanted to read a billionaire, Id read Batman, Green Arrow, or Iron Man for christ sake. We cant have The Parker Family outside of RYV's because of Slott/Bendis's autistic fits, so I'll settle for average joe shitty apartment Parker

>that's just because Waid can't write teenagers
That and the fact that, as with Bendis's many many fuck ups, Marvel Editorial is an oxymoron.

I hope SamNova survives

They know they're never, ever going to get X-Men back. Fantastic Four keeps bombing so there's hope.

didn't sell as well as X-men

>Be a child: In love with Marvel, not a DC fan save for Batman TAS.
>Be a teenager: Like both.
>Become an adult, like DC but hate everything Marvel save for Renew Your Vows.

Feels weird to come full circle like this. Don't know if it's more because Marvel changed or if I did.

>Marvel will go down in flames in Jacks 100th

i hope he is happy in new genesis because i sure am

Meanwhile DC is dedicating the entire year to him basically.

Marvel changed big time

but at the same time, you just end up reading more DC as time passes since they have a far larger backlog of high-quality stories

Actually, Bendis is a marriage fag.

Well, /was/ a marriage fag. Now he's a Miles fag who doesn't want Peter to outshine his OC.

>I hope SamNova survives
bleedingcool.com/2017/04/18/marvel-cancels-nova-june-7/

I refuse to read anything from Marvel until they fire writers or at least get editors worth a damn. Anything good under their roof becomes instantly shit, like they want to fail. Ghost Rider? Fuck him, use his book to advertise other characters. Kamala? Lets push her too hard, place her in Avengers status, and remove anything that was remotely interesting about her. Lets kill characters and bench them for a year, lets further bury Spider Man outside of one fanservice book released with contempt, lets continue to be retarded. Because Marvel: Fuck You Thats Why

At least Ultimate Peter got to come back to life so he could live out the last days of the Ultimate universe with MJ.

>/was/ a marriage fag. Now he's a Miles fag
He's just waiting a few years till he can BLACK spider-gwen for reals.

I hope not. That meme needs to end already.

WHY WOULD ANYTHING NICE EVER HAPPEN

More importantly SJWs are a fad. And like any fad, people will grow out of it and be embarrassed thinking back. These Diversity Heroes are following that same fad, so like the new hippie superheroes in the 70's or the Liefeld-abominations from the 90's, people will eventually grow out of them.

Only difference is, back then readers actually liked those fads for a time. Tumblr-tier heroes successes have only been on paper for the most part. A simple lie held up by shitty media sites like CA.

Look ma, a faggot.

People will look back at this era with confusion/laughter just like that time Lois Lane walked into a machine that made her black for a day

So let's say you're a Marvel collector, and you want to have every issue of Spider-man or something. If you have every issue of Amazing Spider-man from #1, then a renumbering happens, and then Marvel decides to go back to the original numbering, how do you organize that? Does that count as 3 volumes, one volume, or do the books that return to the old numbering system get added in with the first volume and the relaunch issues are just their own thing?

This is retarded.

Starting with Marvel but moving to DC and indies as you get older and more exposed to comics is pretty normal from what I've seen.

>Kamala? Lets push her too hard, place her in Avengers status, and remove anything that was remotely interesting about her.
Don't forget: writer her as an amazingly self-righteous and entitled cunt in every book outside of her solo ( and I'm sure that'll happen there as well the second that GWW fucks off to Image or DC ).

I'm pretty loud about my politics but I could never pretend to like a candidate for them.

Bendis hates peter?