Spend billions to acquire a franchise with a massive established fanbase

>spend billions to acquire a franchise with a massive established fanbase
>give creative control to a group that will alienate more than half the fans

what were they thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They don't want the old fans. The force is female now

lmao why would you trust these assclowns with anything?

it's not right, but i get furious whenever i see ugly people in comfy, well-paid positions

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
they weren't

This. They're looking for the "I'M A NUUUURDDD XDDDD" audience who saw got into star wars when it was bought up by disney.

star wars isn't for the established fans, it's for the next generation, it's for the 18-22yo college students and younger

sorry to say, but they don't give a fuck about how they handled luke or any of the old characters

they're taking a risk for this new direction, and we'll see if that pays off in the next 10 years

That picture explains a lot

Established fans are not immortal. They won't continue buying things forever. Disney has to think long term.

>alienate the half of the fanbase that would just pirate the movie anyway

what's the problemo?

College students now grew up with the shitquels and hate nuStar Wars.

Its most for kids. And for 30 something white SJWs.

>spend billions
To make TRILLIONS!

>Force awakens is a soft remake of new hope
Disney shills! Shameless cash grab!
>Last Jedi breaks the Skywalker hold over star wars canon and restores the mystical nature of the force
Why the fuck are they alienating the fan base?

People are always so critical of movies that don't take risks, but now we have one that does and people hate it. Maybe you are the problem.

I absolutely hate these people. Absolutely insufferable.

A bunch of annoying looking cunts and low testosterone men in change of making films for young kids.

WE ARE FUCKED PEOPLE!!!

People unironically discussing Shit Wars on Sup Forums are the problem. Even those that just shit on it.

>ugly dykes
>effeminate soyboys
yeah great job LucasFilms

So white people? I guess Sup Forums should be happy then.

lol

56% face: I think we should have leia use the force to fly back to a ship from space
Jewess: now that's an idea I can get behind
Baldy: they are about to kill Star Wars I wonder if I should say something
White chick: I'm just happy to be on the team
Glasses: yeup it's ruined

That the very loud angry fans will still shell out money out of obligation and fanaticism and then they can get a bunch of people who never cared about star wars into the seats too by appealing to an untapped market in the audience (women, progressives) and also start selling toys to more than just little boys (who wont care even if the movie is bad objectively, whatever that means) and thats why, if you havent noticed, a fair majority of the marketing of toys has been focused on little girls, who haven't traditionally been advertised to since it began as a predominantly white and male power fantasy franchise. Now they can get people all around the world and throughout the country, regardless of race and gender, and the best part of it is even the biggest detractors are still showing up. And yeah Im sure some will steal the movie rather than watch it, but the vast majority will pay to see it because they dont get how capitalism works. They think spamming pages like metacritic or rt matters when at the end of the day, Disney really only cares if they got your money. So if you really want them to stop making movies this way you'll have to a. Stop buying tickets to see star wars or spending money on star wars products at all. B. Stop going to disney owned movies (this means pixar, star wars, marvel, and all films acquired from 20th century fox). If you want to affect change in a billion dollar industry you're gonna have to hit their bottom line, VERY HARD. You cant just complain about movies after youve given any money to see it. The whole reason those sites brought on user content was to target more ads at you while you think you're participating, but you're really just being laughed at by the powers that be, man.

That’s all that’s left in Hollywood these days. I thought it was a funny exaggeration when I saw that wyatt Mann comic, because there were still clearly manly family men in crews and creative teams in the 80s

Now though, shit he predicted the future

Did you copy this from Reddit?

bump

>alienate more than half the fans

So this is code for "I am a huge bigot and I cannot tolerate anything that does not pander directly to my tiny white penis," right? Because I almost never see the word "alienate" used in any other context.

i'm mexican though and i feel this way

>and poof, he disappears