What are Sup Forums's thoughts on South Park?

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on South Park?

Other urls found in this thread:

gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/10/07/how-the-last-few-seasons-will-affect-south-park-the-fractured-but-whole.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=T8a_POdADjc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What are Sup Forums's thoughts on _____
Stop asking this

Sometimes good, except when it isn't.

STOP ATTACKING MY FAMILY!

>Season 20
What went wrong?

Hit or miss, still more decent that the simpsons and family goy, but that isn't saying much, golden age was season 3-11

it has its moments. As long as it doesn't take itself too seriously it's good for a laugh. Some of my favorite episodes are when it takes the piss out of some stupid cultural trend of that time.

Trump won.

They had clearly planned the story assuming Hillary would win and weren't able to salvage it afterwards.

This, they just got unlucky with how the election turned out which is a shame because up to that point the season was really fun. Shame they weren't able to recover and it'll be interesting to see how they tackle next season. Either way I'm looking forward the fractured butthole

>As long as it doesn't take itself too seriously
When will this meme die?

way too reddit now

not even simpsons is this reddit

Thought it was based, but soon found out it was yet another cuck show from the Presidential election.

It was still irresponsible for them to write their season like that. Worst season in years. Now the game is delayed because of it.

never.
not taking things to seriously is the sauce of life

Season 1-2- Mediocre
Season 3- A step in the right direction
Season 4-6- Good
Season 7-9- Golden Age
Season 10-11- Silver Age
Season 12-14- Okay
Season 15-16- Dark Age
Season 17-18- Good Again
Season 19-20- Second Dark Age

Never made me laugh.... never. Seriously, I dont understand what people see in this shit.

19 was good though, way better than 18

6 was also definitely part of the golden age

Terrible.
>Le Trump is dumb but so is Hillary.
I had to stop watching after a few episodes because of how obnoxious it was. The only thing that was somewhat funny was Canada building a wall and Cartmans computer stuff being crushed maybe. Worst season ever.

>Season 17-18- Good Again

I doubt it. The people behind it already said the game doesn't incorporate anything about season 20, just season 19.

I like it when they make fun of people and ideas I disagree with.

I dislike it when they make fun of people and ideas I agree with.

>Season 15-16- Dark Age
>Season 17-18- Good Again
>Season 19-20- Second Dark Age

This is objectively wrong.
Season 19 is better than 18. Season 17 is only good for the A Song of Ass and Fire trilogy and 16 is just ok, some good episodes and some boring ones.

Season 20 was suppose to set up the game and certain story elements. All the guys getting dumped was to play into the game. The game also probably had garrison back in South Park but now he is president so they probably need to rewrite anything that has him so that it makes sense.

>A Song of Ass and Fire trilogy
>good
It spread 1 episode worth of jokes and plot through 3 episodes with a lot of repetition humor. I guess you could argue that's a commentary on modern TV drama like GoT but goddamn is it boring to watch.

Multi-parters in general are overrated but goddamn is this one lame.

>Season 17 is only good for the A Song of Ass and Fire trilogy
I liked The Hobbit too. I wish we had more episodes in general for the girls, which I think is one of the reasons I don't hate season 20 as much as most people

Season 1-3- dated but still humorous
Season 4-9- Golden Age
Season 10-14- decline in quality
Season 15-19- Dark Age
Season 20- point of no return

Other than being objects to push the plot along what did the girls really do in season 20?

It puts its head too far up its own ass and it finally backfired, that said episodes are hit or miss

>Season 20 was suppose to set up the game and certain story elements.

Source? Because I have never heard of this.
This is about how season 19 influenced the game
gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/10/07/how-the-last-few-seasons-will-affect-south-park-the-fractured-but-whole.aspx

Season 20 was an anti-climatic mess, but it still had its moments. Season 19 was pretty good.

Wendy got some good development and Heidi graduated from background to side character

>Wendy got some good development
Ugh please no.

Eh, it kinda lost me when it became Current Events: The Animated Show. Randy is still gold from time to time.

>Wendy got some good development.
How so? I feel like it's tried and tried grounds with her. Also Heidi personality revolves around Cartman get rid of him and her personality is as it's always been.

Season 1-2: Okay
Season 3-5: Good
Season 6-9: Great
Season 10-17: Hit and Miss
Season 18-19: Good
Season 20 first half: Decent
Season 20 second half: Trainwreck

But she did? She was clearly uncomfortable following the peer pressure from the rest of the girls in demonising all the boys and wanted to maintain her relationship with Stan

>lost me when it became Current Events
This. They don't even try their own thing anymore. Season for the most part was the daily show south park edition until after the election and they got their shit kick in for banking on one side to win the race from the start of the season.

>Season 1-2: Great
>Season 3-5: Great
>Season 6-9: Great
>Season 10-17: Great
>Season 18-19: Great
>Season 20 first half: Great
>Season 20 second half: Great

The quality of the show is directly linked to how much Kenny is included, and also how he's utilized.

Episodes where Kenny is prominently featured as part of the gang of four > episodes where Kenny is part of the group, but a little more in the background > episodes where Kenny is featured as Mysterion > episodes where Kenny is there but Butters steals his role in the group > episodes where Kenny is dead or absent

>Season 18-19: Good
>Season 20 first half: Decent
strongly disagree. doubly so season 20. It was just making bad jokes about current topics events and being 8 months late on the Episode 7 jokes.

Classic South Park died with the Scott Tennorman episode

I don't hate season 20 as much as many here but the first half wasn't decent. It had good moments like when the kids destroyed Cartman's stuff, but that's it. The rest was dull.

I wonder if Season 21 will return to an episodic format or season 17 and earlier, or it'll be more like season 18 and 19, where continuity is strong, but most episodes still do their own thing.

you're not right but you're not wrong. it was a pretty major paradigm shift

I mostly agree except I really like the Mysterion episodes. There was definitely no excuse for Kenny's absence in season 20, he wasn't even around when the group were hanging out with others like Craig and Clyde

>when it became Current Events: The Animated Sho
Season 1 episode 2?

Sorry, but I genuinely didn't mind the first four or so episodes.

>first half
>Episode 7

Are you shittalking season 5 and 6, son?

He means Star Wars.

Everything:
>Trump's victory changing the entire course of the story.
>Memberries had little barring on overall plot, even before Trump's victory.
>Cartman sideplot with Elon Musk appearing in last few episodes.

Really the whole thing should have just focused on the trolling plot with Gerald with sprinkles of other, episode-exclusive, topics.

They didn't even bring star wars into the plot until about episode 5 or 6.

He means where everything is 1 for 1 anymore. If season 20s plot was done in the early years it wouldn't have been a straight life of the event. It would have been something more creative like what they did with the Douche and Turd episode where it be seeped in current events but told a story very personal to South Park town. Season 20 was completely interchangeable in cast to where it felt more like a Family Guy season than South Park.

>Seasons 1 & 2 - charming and nostalgic
>Seasons 3, 4 & 5 - excellent
>Season 6 - dip in quality but still good
>Seasons 7, 8 & 9 - excellent
>Season 10 - not great
>Season 11 - the good episodes are very good, the bad ones are very bad
>Season 12 - okay
>Season 13 - great
>Season 14 - okay
>Seasons 15, 16 & 17 - not great
>Season 18 - shit
>Season 19 - okay
>Season 20 - shit, and also seemingly headed to the point of no return

>member berries
>J. J. Abrams
>5 Star Wars references
>1st episode of the season.

5 was pretty good. 6 was okay.

try the 1st 3rd and 4th.

less than 10 minutes in Member Berries they are talking about Star Wars Episode 7.

I would've agreed if you labelled all of season 20 as a trainwreck.

it's fine
most episodes are very good and despite being very distasteful at the core it's very, very funny
the last season shit the bed but it wasn't that bad

Compared to other shows in their 20th season it's a miracle it's even watchable.

their 20th season was other shows like pointed out, if this was FG it would have gone the same accept Peter would have been the Trump stand in. Actually another horror not touch on is how other shows would have ran the election jokes in just one or two episodes and move on while South Park drain a whole 10 episodes on it.

post your favourite episodes, fags.

The Poor Kid is probably my favourite because it hits home HARD.

Everyone in the business gets out of touch eventually.

Matt and Trey and co lasted longer than most, but even they have lost their touch.

The Wacky Molestation Adventure

The beginning is fun, I love the creepy dystopian vibe of the town once all the adults are gone, and the punchline gets me every time.

Season 15 had lots of gems

The Succubus

Chef's parents were hilarious and the stupid Loch Ness monster jokes get me everytime

1-2: Juvenile but fun and innocent
3-8: Golden age
9-12:A lot of the preachy shit outside of a few gems
12-14:Bleeegh
15:Good again
16-18:All right
19: kino
20: Worse season yet

I feel like that's one of those episodes that are better when you don't know their references.

South park suckes ..... for not being a daily news show and having new episodes ever day.

Or having not done a flat earth episode yet
Or a 4 Chan episode.
Or a voice of sound park.
Or an illuminati episode.
Or an episode about the nasa hoax.

I mean, the did the matrix, inception, human centipede. Do all movies. And history. And sitcoms parody. I mean, make south park even bigger !!

>a 4 Chan episode.
Pls no. Every time the website gets mainstream attention it gets worse.

I know South Park is supposed to make fun of everything, but does it ever make fun of libertarians?

>implying that Cartman gets an Anal Probe, Starvin Marvin, Damien, Summer Sucks, and Gnomes are Mediocre
WTF!

>Well I'm a little bit bit rock'n roll yeah!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one.

>I know South Park is supposed to make fun of everything
It's supposed to make fun of what the writers think can be funny to make fun of.
>does it ever make fun of libertarians?
They make fun of people who are scared of the big bad governement, if that counts, in the 9/11 conspiracy thing and the NSA/whistleblowers episodes for instance.

When it's funny, it's really funny. But when it's terrible, it's godawful.

They should quit trying to be too damn topical, nothing wrong with references here and there of current events, but they shouldn't dickride it to the point of it being so topical it will be dated in less than a month.

I'm not seeing it, care to explain please?

They actually mock liberals a lot. Randy Marsh acts like a violent liberal all time time.

youtube.com/watch?v=T8a_POdADjc

I really don't understand this "it will be dated in less than a month" attitude. That isn't supposed to impact you, the person watching the episode when the thing is relevant, and you'll still get the joke on subsequent watches.

I undestrand when someone says something is dated after the fact, like if somebody watches an old episode with dated references for the 1st time, but why complain that it's going to be dated when it isn't yet.

And sometimes it's fine even if you don't get the reference, if the writing is clever enough. As long as it makes me laugh, I'm game.

No, I've seen that episode and heard the song, I don't get how that has anything to do with libertarians, or how we would be supposed to think that the ending compromise between the two parties negative. Is it referencing something I'm not getting?

They have been making fun of Hilary since Bill was present but this season they were boarder line pro Hilary

What does make you laugh?

Season 10 is my favourite season, why do people say it was a decline in quality?

Really good at first. Then after the movie the quality declined. Then after Book of MORMON the season went to shit. Though they seem to be improvingredients last season or two.

Was/is better when it is just a small town where strange things happen and get out of control. Like the kids sending themail parents away by using the m word.

Topical pop culture episodes are usually the worst. Like Brittany Spears being sacrificed for corn harvest, or world War zimmerman.

Kenny is a dead meme (no pun intended). The show's been airing for so many years now nobody cares about LE FUNNY THEY KILD KENY JOKE XDDD BASTUDS.

Consider the alternative.

Personally I think the show is stale and should have been cancelled a while ago. The show's creators have already shown they can be successful at other things. At this point it's just money grubbing.

They were experimenting with a new format,going balls deep into a story line rather than just toying with continuity. And it didn't pay off, partially due to external factors like the election and partially just because jokes didn't land. I imagine humor exhaustion from also working on The Fractured But Whole also played a part. Hopefully they learn what went wrong then apply it to next season.

>Like the kids sending themail parents away by using the m word.
A lot of that episode is a movie parody (or pop culture reference if you will)