Ultimates2 preview: The Cosmic Jailer is revealed. Road to Eternity War

Toastin on epic bread

I've already said and I will repeat it again.

I'm so fucking erect.

I fucking love shit like this.

>Life was a mistake

>In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

It's interesting to see that the first celestials were older than the first eternity. Also, the first firmament is such a tremendously evil dick, I love it.

Okay so the First Firmament was the First Cosmos
The First Multiverse was the Second Cosmos

Moridun was from the Fifth Cosmos

And 616 is currently on the Eight Cosmos and thus Seventh Multiverse

who gives a fuck? this isn't the 616. hickman didn't even use the captain britain corpsin his multiversal story before he ruined everything.

all of the secret wars alex ross adverts had cool characters from alternate realities that hadn't been used in 20+ years, and those characters didn't fold into the new marvel universe.

this marvel universe is a sjw sham, and not even a decent writer can fix it now. i wish Mark Gruenwald was still alive to oversee this, or at least someone at his level. no one knows at marvel what they are doing, outside of the mcu braintrust and they are completely divorced from the comics side of things.

so is this the one that became the infinity gems or?

These black and white celestial designs look familiar

Have we seen them before?

lol kill yourself

They look a lot like Those Who Sit Above in SHadow

Ultimates is the best Marvel comic currently being published by a long shot.

Not quite, I think. The first firmament mentioned in the previous issue that current 616 was the eight multiverse.

So where does TOAA fit into all of this? Seems a bit coincidental that the First Firmament says he's the first, but doesn't mention One Above All.

maybe he was the one that created the First Firmament? I don't know if he's even going to be used on this story.

For all we know TOAA is only the god of the seventh and eight multiverses

Face of that one Celestial on the right reminds me of the Death Celestial from Fraction's Defenders

Darkseid pls

Hey now Darkseid is fine with life. It's free will that he takes issue with.

Hey that's a little Starbrandy

Is this a white event?

>The new multiverse blasts off in front of the comic panels
>The first firmament retreats deep into them/behind of them

>using a shitty steel donut instead of oblivion
classic cuckwing never delivering

>Steel donut

It's a Morrison creation, from like a decade before Ewing began working at marvel.

>Morrison
>morrishit
even worse

I like where your heads at and Starbrand is getting an issue in Secret Empire

Feels overvoidy

Bump

I love it when it gets into this crazy cosmic shit. It's a real shame that half the book seems to be dedicated to pointless hero vs. hero fights that seem to have no propose other than filling up the page count. Going from stuff like this to people attacking each other and then taking to time out to explain their moves and power-set really kills the epic vibe.

Aw shit. Ewing used Those Who Sit Above in Shadow in the finale of Loki: Agent of Asgard. He implied that they were Beyonders or something.

It would be interesting if the Aspirants turned out to be the Beyonders.

the idea was brought up, but just as quickly dismissed as 'a convenient explanation' implying it would be too easy if that's all there was to it

it seems more like the aspirants are to the first iteration what the beyonders are to the multiverse eternities that cam after

is it just me, or the panel sequence seem a little disorganized?

conveniently forgotten for a while. I don't think anybody besides Starlin and Gaiman would like to deal with "One True God" figures, when you can have Morrison-esque cosmic shit instead.

I suppose it would be the same like the great debate how God of the Covenant stands in relation to the Overmonitor in DC. Many butthurt nerds and no clear explanation.

The second and third pages are a split two-page spread.

Hypercrisis

>cites Mark Gruenwald
>doesn't realize that the Marvel Multiverse died 20 years ago with him
lol what the other guy said

What said. What he actually implied (since it was what got them to freak out & disappear) was that they were literally meme-magicked up by the gods' fears & insecurities just like the gods were by humankind's.

>Multicolored rebels
RACE WAR

Wasn't this guy the last boss of Persona 5?

Back when the main suspect was oblivion, I had this theory that his goal was breaking the cycle of multiversal death and rebirth. Like Galactus, he had his own sisiphean struggle. But now Im sure that the cosmic jailer isnt the one pushing, HeS the gravity bringing everything back to the status quo.

love this, it's like reading a modern myth

under rated post

>When the overmonitor discovers the dc universe it feels contaminantes but just as curious
>When he discovers marvel he hates it and wants to annihilate it entirely

nah.
yaldabaoth aka demiurge, is being who awoke in a blank slate universe and presumed itself the creator because it could perceive no higher worlds

1st iteration is more like Brahma, the nonexistnce from which all gods and mortals are derived

No, the First Firmament is more like Cosmos-0, the base from which the multiverse sprang. The current one is the 8th MULTIVERSE, meaning that the First Multiverse is what sprang from the First Firmament.

This Ewing guy really likes Morrison doesn't he?

I was hoping to see this fellas, his own army of galactus-like gods.

>Nonexistance
That would be oblivion. First firmament is more like an allexistance. With no dualites or change or death.

Shut up, oblifag!

>It's not oblivion
Well fuck this

Speaking of which when's the God of stories coming back to fuck shit up.

Cosmic Bump

3rd for please kill yourself.

Had the origin of the celestials ever been explained before?

>Aspirants

He really loves his continuity, doesn't he?

What issue of Ant-man is this from?

Lmao I fucked up.

First panel, they have white puppies ???

What the fuck are those

Hyperdoggos aka the Cosmic Protopups of the First Firmament.

>thanos chinese knockoff

TOAA was cucked out of existence. He was God in the religious sense, liberal cucked Marvel cant allow him to exist.

>Soon, they had made servants of their own.
Presumably, those are the first creatures that the Aspirants created.

He's being ruined by Aaron in Mighty Thor

Jesus and Muhammad

>WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Why Ewing still with these characters? He can change the team so why not?

The colored celestials are aspirants. The dark ones are coming back soon.

Hmm guess there was no alien life or multiverse. Maybe no early dimensions either. Nothing before him either.

Second multiverse probably was timely comics.

The black ones are aapiriants. The doggos are protypes of humanity.

Because he likes these characters?

The Aspirants are the ones loyal to the First Firmament. The colored ones are The Celestials, who rebelled against the First Firmament. Which I suppose finally gives us our origin for the Celestials, one of the very few things that had yet to be revealed/explained in the Marvel Universe.

>The Aspirants were the race that created the Godkiller and waged war against the Celestials at the beginning of time
Ewing's continuity boner really knows no bounds.