They are called samurai

>they are called samurai
>their behavior and tactics are ninja

Other urls found in this thread:

e-hentai.org/g/353642/49a1561bf6/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>called "Ronin Warriors"
>are actually Samurai Troopers

I CAN GET PEDANTIC ABOUT SYNDICATED ANIME DUBS FROM THE '90S, TOO.

They actually ARE ninja in the Japanese I believe, but to be fair they wear armor, and that's decidedly more samurai-esque.

>character got injured/sick
>actually got dead

Ok, Sup Forums who's first?

The armor is because they're basically cat SD Gundams. SD mecha were all the rage in Japan during the late 80s and early 90s. In addition to SD Gundam itself you had stuff like Wataru, Musashi Lord, Iron Leaguer, etc.

Anyone else gonna buy this?

go back to bed /toy/

I'll wait for Polly

>getting pissed for the samourai part
>not the pizza part
C'mon! Sup Forums do things right!

Might be a pretty long wait, the company making these moves at a glacial pace.

I'll wait for Bad Bird

But the pizza was always there.

>Samurai Jack
>is actually a ronin
Stuff like this really pisses me off. If you're not going to be historically accurate, what's the point?

The character designer actually wanted them to make a Bad Bird, but couldn't convince them to. Maybe if the cats sell well they'll think about it.

The Japanese name of the show is Cat Ninja Legend Teyandee. They're ninjas. They work undercover and it's all SD fun and pop culture gags.

then all hope is lost...

He did nothing wrong.

The city was being ruled by a literal retard.

>What is the weird feeling in my chest... and in my pants?

I got time

Jack technically isn't a Ronin.

And even if we assume that the princess would take over, she wouldn't be much better. Banishing people left and right over the slightest inconvenience.

rocket launch??

>We will never get wacky police force hi-jinks
I know the main characters would have been clones of the Pizza Cats but this should have been a show.

Blame it on poor toy sales when the bubble burst.

And that's just a crying shame, sad too see things having to rely on toys, but hey, gotta make that green somehow.

The real problem was that while the show itself was popular, it didn't sell much merchandise. Bandai was the show's main sponsor, and they wanted toy dosh. The initial VHS release sold poorly too, but granted that's likely in large part due to 90s anime VHS practices ($60 per two episode tape). So the lack of commercial success is why despite the strong fanbase it didn't see a proper DVD release until 2012.

I'm fairly certain I don't ever want to see whatever this is.

It was toy sales that actually gave a huge amount of freedom. During the 1980s, as long as you could get the merchandise to shift, you could do whatever you wanted. It was in the 90s when studios like Sunrise got bought out by Bandai and such that things got clamped down upon.

I wonder if Violet will get her mom's figure when she grows up.

So this would basically have been Abarenbo Shogun with robot cats?

Pretty cool.

It's concept sketches for a proposed sequel to Teyandee/Pizza Cats. Never made it past the early pitch stage, but it would have been police-themed. The bad guys would have been dogs this time instead of crows.

I wonder how can a robot grow

They're animaloids.

Cartoon physics.
There's a doujin speculating on how they reproduce. It actually manages to be simultaneously funny and sexy.

It's possible.

So no Francine either?

Not sure if she was ever even considered. She'd probably be more suited for a Nendoroid or something than this line, though.

>wait for Bad Bird
That's not how this works....

>Stronger than old cheese.
>Stronger than dirt.

So was their strength Peak Human or Super Human?

Whatever the script needs at the time. One minute they'll survive unaided atmospheric reentry from orbit. The next they'll be immobilized by a leg injury.

>it would have been police-themed. The bad guys would have been dogs this time instead of crows.
I kinda hate everything about that.
glad it never happened.

KNT/SPC is already Abarenbo Shogun with robot cats.

isn't that Midnight Bliss Galford

>>they are called samurai
>>their behavior and tactics are ninja

Are you under the impression that Samurai and "ninja" were distinct entities with no intersection?

Because that's not historically true.

During the heyday of clan warfare in Japan, most of the ninja likely came from people born outside of the samurai class. It's really only after the Tokugawa shogunate restricted non-samurai from access to weaponry that this changed.

I miss 80s fashion

Samurai and ninjas aren't mutually exclusive.

>getting pissed at the pizza part
>not the cats part

>Legendary Ninja Cats
>Translate it as Samurai Pizza Cats
What did they mean by this?

I always debate picking up the japanese release, but I hear the translation either through executive mandate or other things isn't good or accurate.

>There's a doujin speculating on how they reproduce. It actually manages to be simultaneously funny and sexy.
Can I get a source on that?

please?

it flows better in english
its basicaly
Samurai piSSa caS

Wh..Wh..which episode?

you talking about this one, or a different one?

A Mission in Manhattan. It was dubbed and produced but never actually aired in the US syndication for whatever reason.

Nobody's gonna watch a show called Ronin Jack, at least outside of Japan. Do you want an accurate show that gets cancelled, or a slightly less accurate one that gets 4 seasons and then gets revived for a 5th one over a decade later?

>samourai
Hello François

>mfw it was broadcasted in mexico

Yeah, they were. Called themselves Himitsu Ninja-tai Nyankee, IIRC. I think the choice was made because "Samurai Pizza Cats" rolls off the tongue better than Ninja Pizza Cats.

Better late than never.

What? That's not true, I saw that episode on TV back in the early 90s and I'm in New England.

Yes, that's the one.

Noice

Had pictures of arabian violet from that doujinshi?

>Kubo and the Two Strings
>three strings
>no lewds of MC

They didn't translate anything. They just made shit up. I thought that was common knowledge.

it was a gag dub. they have always been ninja
>change all japanese names
>give a new japanese name to the one chinese guy

You, uh, got a link or whatever? It looks kinda cute.

Not like I'm interested or w/e.

you have to admire the dubbers being clueless enough to think a fox is a rat
this. toy support is good. ad support is bad.

so much
>not just getting pissed at the 'samuri' spelling

i think everyone would have watched Ronin Jack
Rurouni Kenshin was huge at the time

They did, but surprisingly they come close to the actual plot a few times. A lot of the topical, referential humour is missing though, as it was based on comedians, voice actors, anime, etc.

sounds like they were going for a TMNT thing.

>it's called Sup Forums comics & cartoons
>Full of whiny autists who doesn't read comics or watch cartoons

And Rurouni Kenshin was retitled "Samurai X" initially.

I think the real reason why SJ wasn't called Ronin Jack was because it would've opened them up to a lawsuit from Frank Miller.

That's an anime. Nobody would have watched a cartoon with a title like that, it sounds stupid.

Is that Bubsy?

No, Tatsunoko

GET OUT

Who here wants to join the Anti-Polly-Club?

e-hentai.org/g/353642/49a1561bf6/
This is just the lewd stuff, the entire book is huge, 300 pages. The guy who scanned this says he'll scan the whole book eventually.

Why'd I want to hurt Pururun?

Also they wanted to differentiate the show from Ninja Turtles.

Then what the fuck is this Bubsy shit then.

He's not even in the warrior class, really. Aku just calls him a samurai because Aku is a dolt, and maybe because he doesn't recognize the rank of nobility in lesser beings like humans.

They made her kind of a bitch, IIRC.
Francine >>> Polly

Would you order pizza from them?

Yeah, just gotta tip them well.

You better order something crazy, too, like all their customers do.

So, if you want mushrooms: Shut up.
If you want broccoli: What the hell is broccoli anyway? Shut up with the broccoli!

they just do

Your dam right I am, 20 pizzas with a nice order of 3 dozen cheese sticks!

bump

>slap
>ow, i deserved it
>slap
>ow, i deserved it
>slap
>ow, i deserved it
>no, really, i deserved it.

> ninjas
> their as stealthy as nukes
You know what I'm talking about