GRAVE ENCOUNTERS

Can we takr a moment away from Star Wars shitposting to appreciate the kino that is Grave Encounters.
>time distortion
>reality warping
>paranoia and the base insticts
>solid acting, Lance was amazing, the rest were okay

What other movies present time/spave distortion this well?

GV2fags not welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/search/title?locations=Riverview Hospital, Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The only real problem I had with the film was the techonlogy inconsistency. What, you have to wait for your photos to get developed at a store but HD wireless video storage and tramfer of over 60 hours of film in an abandoned asylum is a-okay?

it was pretty great for what it was but the sequel was kinda terrible.

This was a great horror movie.

Yeah sequel wanted to make s little extra cash on something that had a cult following. It was a dumb idea and I'm pretty sure they knew it.

Still can't believe how low the original scored though. I thought it was pretty original.

There are actually people on this planet other than me that have seen this movie?
Honestly, the warping is such a great concept and i'm shocked that barely any other movies have picked it up.
There is nothing scarier than being in a shit situation and being 100% unable to leave.
Also that elevator scene in the second movie, was absolutely fucking good.

Honestly, the sequel isnt THAT bad.
I mean its not good, but its probably better than you remember.
The actors, aside from the main man sucked ass, the beginning is slow and the ending was just stupid, but the parts where they are in the hospital were pretty goodish.

Despite the mediocrity of the second, I would actually like to see a Grave Encounters 3.

The entire first movie felt like it was sucking House of Leaves dick, and in horror that is a firm strong dick to suck.

Why was the girl there? I remember all the characterd had some techincal function or acted or something. But what was the girl there for?

Every scene with Lance is a fucking delight. Man that guy can drag a mediocre script up.

He actually gave a shit, thats the difference between him and the other actors.

The best part of ge1 was when nothing was happening. When they walked around an endless labyrinth beyond time and space. It felt like Silent Hill in the sense that the main antagonist wasn't the monsters but the building itself. The sequel fucked a lot of that up, thinking we were there for le demons xD

Many many years ago there were frequent /x/ stream threads, many of which had this on their list. I miss those days, they were super cozy.

There is something linked to psychology about hearing women scream. It's the sole reason nearly every horror movie has at least one woman.

I live by this asylum that they used for this movie, it is definitely haunted. There a lot of strange lights there at night.

Considering how static his character was he really impressed me. I was hoping the movie was going to explore their backgrounds and have the building shape around them to cater to their personal fears which, for me, would have dragged a 8 movie up to a 10.

I unironically love this movie, it's a honestly better than most horror movies in theaters. I really like the concept of reality warping, like when they first find out shits fucked because they try to go through the front door to leave and it's just another hallway but the same graffiti is on the door. I never saw the second one but from what I've heard ITT and by other people I'm not missing out.

Really? That's so cool. Did you know they were filming there when they did? Have you explored it?

Take some pictures for us.

You forgot the most important part.
>blatantly plagiarized House on Haunted Hill (1999)

´Watch the second one.
Its not nearly as good as the first one, but it does have a bunch of scenes that are well worth watching.

Consider it a one-hit-wonder. The second one is okayish IMO, but they don't do anything new WELL and the best parts are what you've already seen and that Lance is in it.

The sequel, while not as original as the first, is still kind of neat. It's like Wes Craven having directed the Cube.

It's all fenced off, I think if I were caught there I would get charged with trespassing. There are constant production companies there filming stuff and they have security to go along with it. I think the government is also in the middle of renovating a lot of it, perhaps to use again, I'm not sure. It's such an old building for around here, and it being an old style asylum, I bet a lot of fucked up shit happened in there. If ghosts did exist, that's where they would be.

I feel like any place that is frequented by camera teams and security guards would have a hard time being haunted.

Perhaps, but I think there are parts of the building that are so run down, you can't safely enter them. Or at least they would never risk filming in those areas due to liability. So there are sanctuary type spots but who knows, it's ghosts.

All the swearing was off putting and extremely amateurish, great flick though.

I would still be incredibly proud to live so close to a location where such a cool movie was made.

Yeah it was also in Man in the High Castle, where Joseph and his dad go off to a hospital of some sort.

There are tons of movies and television shows made there, kind of hard to keep track at this point. And a lot of it is total garbage.
imdb.com/search/title?locations=Riverview Hospital, Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada

I hated it. I started off with a pretty decent premise that would have made a good movie on its own (Ghost Adventures running into real ghosts), because found footage works well with simple concepts. But the characters were awful, and and it abruptly turned into a weird alternate reality, House of Leaves-knockoff, and I completely lost interest.

I'd asume that people trapped in a parallel horror dimension would swear quite alot.

That's fair. Not everyone can like everything. For me it was the other way around.

I was bored by the ghost hunters shit early, and was positively surprised when it turned into House of Leaves.

I'm actually surprised that more movies don't try to rip off House of Leaves in this way.
>doesn't need a huge budget thanks to filming in a very small handful of locations
>thanks to camera tricks and clever transitioning you can essentially film the entire movie in a few rooms and hallways
>don't need many characters as it's suppose to be very personal, and you can thus focus on hiring two or three that can actually, you know; act

This. I would not turn saintly if every door seemed to lead in a circle.

Speak for yourself. If I was that close to death I'd start saving ny goodboy points for judgement.

I thought the Alex kid in the sequel did an alright job.

Ehr. He was as okay as the movie was. For all it's faults.

It reminded me of House of Leaves after a while. It would have been better if they kept it more psychological.

Took the words right out of my mouth man.

Second one would have been better if they never went to the hospital. Make it a mocumentary to reinforce the rumor that the first one was real.

Great movie

Love this movie

Is this a meme or this movie is really worth watching?

It really is. The second one gets a little too meta but the first one's amazing.

Wasn't that essentially exactly what they did though?

Hell, even the last scene played it very straight as a mockumentary. They did a few things to ruin it (like the portal, and the door crumbling) but otherwise they played it pretty well I'd argue.

Definitely. Don't watch the second one unless you're really hungry for more of the same but slightly worse. It's not as bad as everyone says but the first one is infinitely better.