Why did he leave clues and a map in R2-D2 if he never wanted to be found?

Why did he leave clues and a map in R2-D2 if he never wanted to be found?

Because he did want to be found.

/thread

Perhaps he was wondering why someone would get sliced in half as a Hologram before dying on a different planet for unrelated reasons.

But he quite clearly didn't in this movie and tells Rey and Chewie to fuck off

>Well, I asked Rian "Why did Luke leave clues and a map if he never wanted to be found?" and he told me to sh-sh-shut the fuck up". So that was the end of that talk.
>Y'know Mark, just shut up, okay? This is a real plan, alright? Just shut your mouth.

He retconned his mind.

YOU'RE JUST A HATER WHO CAN'T APPRECIATE BOLD NEW INTERESTING MOVES FROM THE GENIUS THAT IS RIAN JOHNSON, YOU JUST DON'T GET ITTTT

DO NOT LOOK FOR PLOTHOLES. THERE COULD BE MORE PLOTHOLES THAN ACTUAL PLOT.

... Bane?

most underrated post of 2017 after TLJ.

Rian admitted (well, I say admitted, but he was actually bragging about it, as if it was a good thing) that he finished his script before TFA was even finished. And obviously didn't bother adjusting it to make any fucking sense. Seems like he didn't watch any of the previous films properly either.

>Sith Lord
>Gets makeup inspiration from Alice Cooper

Because Rian Johnson is a fucking hack. /thread

Couldn't anakin just have disappeard to become one with the force instead of dying on the death star

As my coworker who loved the movie said, "Who fucking cares?"

This sums up the mindset behind how these movies plotpoints resolve pretty well imo.

Because corrupting the map's data, splitting it into two, makes it harder to locate him.

Pretty sure he means why have a map at all, dude.

Luke became so powerful, he unlocked a never before seen nor heard of force power that kills you if you use it.
It requires over 9000 midichlorians.
What a brilliant movie.

Luke needed a map to get to the planet.

TFA is in Star Wars Legends now, not canon bud, sorry

>Why did he leave clues and a map in R2-D2 if he never wanted to be found?

Dude just turn your brain off. It's a fun summer movie, don't think about it.

In case he went on vacation and needed to find his way back

lol perfect

maybe R2-D2 did it all by himself?
remember that he's a sneaky bastard

lmfao

giotto road

Why did he rather want to die than kill Darth Vader but gets ready to execute his nephew in a heartbeat?

I thought he didn't. That's why he spliced the map.

He had a good thing going. Didn't want a shitty kid to ruin it.

He wanted Rey’s milkies.

>Rey: "The force is this special power of the jedi that they can use to make stones fly."
>Luke: "Everything you just said is wrong. See the force are just these little micro-organisms called Midichlorians."

But he wanted to die there...

He should have stopped drinking the nutrious green titty monster milk then.

Maybe the milk was poison.

It's December.

just don't think about it dude just shut your brain off man

Apparently you don't understand what a scavenger hunt fetish is.

>releasing a summer blockbuster in December

Based Rian subverting your expectations once again.

Some countries only have summer

He has Alzheimer's. That's why he forgot his own character and plot relevance.

Luke didn't leave a map for him to be found. The piece that ended up in bb8 was just a copy of the map that lead to ach-to that he used himself. The piece that R2D2 had was from the data he recovered from cloud city.

He did want to be found but after spending years there he regretted his decision.

why did max von sydow have the missing map? did luke give it to him for sake keeping? or did sydow just assume luke was at the temple and gave them a map to it?

I think he went there after his failure with Ben Solo, hoping to find something that would help him make sense of everything that has happened. Keeps happening. And he didn't, so he decided that he would die there alone.

Also, did he really leave clues? Or did he discover the place with R2's help and then left? Like I doubt the map fragment that was found on Jakku was Luke's doing. I mean I think questions of that are ultimately unimportant because I like my above interpretation of things

Max probably helped luke find the location of ach-to in the first place. He just still had the same map he showed Luke, or a copy of it.

What about about Max Von Sydow's piece? He clearly new Kylo, so he's probably someone who knows Luke.

You still need a map to get to a place where you want to die.

Why didn't he leave copies with Max and R2 if he didn't want to be found?

SHUT UP, Sup Forums

I'd wager the answer is simply that it's not "the map to Skywalker" as much as it is "the map that Skywalker used to find the first Jedi Temple, which is where Skywalker went"

Why didn't Luke just delete the data and take the only copy

But why do people other than Skywalker have it? Why give copies to people if he's going there to an hero.

If I recall correctly, the map was originally pulled from the Empire's archives. Luke left the crucial part of it with R2, didn't he?
My bet is that they were working with the map together, and he simply didn't care to wipe R2's memory.

what a retard

underrated

Why didn’t Luke just straight up killed himself immediately?
Why choose living as an isolated tittysucking hermit failure for the rest of your life, just fucking kill yourself my dude

>NEETS nagging Luke for living the NEET life

>wen u nut but she keeps on succing

Link to the interview? I need to hear it from the hack himself

>Why didn’t Luke just straight up killed himself immediately?

He needed to be punished