Out of everything this show fumbles in this is the biggest mistake

>both peedee and steven have no mum, meaning they have atleast something they can share with eachother
>boths of there guardians treat them more of an extension to a business/legacy than as an individual
>both are THE ONLY ONES IN BEACH CITY THE SAME AGE
>Steven bubbliness and obliviousness bounces off well with peedee's more grounded and realistic approach at life

Am I the only one who sees how cool this could've been? Why have a character take up one of the introduction episodes for the show only to leave him in the background for the rest of the series? He had the most potential out of the townies and his interactions with steven just feel so grounded and authentic. It really even comes into question why connie was even necessary as peedee would've been much better for the training arc. Maybe too shota? Personally, I'd rather see peedee and steven hit it off romantically, if sugar wanted homo why didn't she just go with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Cosmic_Energy_Physiology
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Soul
youtu.be/iGy-QISVhTE?t=35s
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Pain_Empowerment
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Aerokinetic_Surfing
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Papyrokinetic_Blade_Construction
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Matter_Manipulation
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Body_Language_Analysis
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Deity_Manipulation
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Zoolingualism
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Genetic_Attacks?useskin=oasis
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Supernatural_Thievery?useskin=oasis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Neat, I remember this phase. There's like two more steps before you realize that giving a shit is a waste of your time.

Steven is so fucking ugly and annoying. That is one punchable face.

My best guess would be that the writers were too autistic to understand someone can have more than one friend and decided connie would be the one to fill that role

It's been too long since I've watched the first season to say much more

And if you watched the show, the fucker would defeat you every time you tried to punch him.

Ok, am i the only one who has A SERIOUS FUCKING PROBLEM WITH STEVENS FUCKING NOSE LIKE GOD FUCKING DAMN WHY THREE LINES.

WHY IS RUBY'S VOICE SO FUCKING ANNOYING

WHY HASN'T STEVEN GROWN UP AND HAVE HIS VOICE DEEPEN

WHY ARE THE SIZES SO FUCKING INCONSISTENT

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET A NON-FILTER EPISODE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If not part of the main crew he could've just been a great friend to help ground Steven. Connie and Greg can't really do that because they're too involved in all the gem stuff.

The character isn't real, 300 years user.

Hammer to the gem

Too bad when people punch your fat, ugly, autistic face, there's no space trannies yo save you, huh?

OINKOINKOINK

CRAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWLLLLLLIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG

>Steven hangs out with Onion, the Cool Kids, Lars and Sadie more than Peedee
There's something very strange about Steven not interacting with people his own age. Peedee could have been the friend that grounds Steven and been an example of a 'normal' kid Steven's age. Steven could have gotten Peedee to loosen up and gain more freedom to enjoy the short adolescence he had left and Peedee could have helped Steven act more his own age and not a stunted 8 year old in a 14 year old's body.

But it feels like he was kept away from Steven for that purpose, because he would crush Steven's childlike wonderment under the crushing gaze of peer criticism.

THREE HUNDRED YEARS

Newfag here. What's the 300 years meme?

I just skipped the caring and hating part and just enjoyed it as a mediocre but fun enough cartoon from the beginning

I want to play a game, Sup Forums.
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random
Click this link to gain a power, only one, no cheating.
Can you defeat Steven and the gems?

He's just a fucking white male.

>BLUH BLUH MUH FEELINGS
>Shut up Steven, you're a freak of nature
>You're literally the offspring of a burnt out piece of trailer trash and an alien crystal pretending it has emotions

its not even that though, we already have the majority of the cast as girls, why do they need another one like connie? Her whole book fetish could've easily been apart of peedee's personality considering he was shown to be a kids thats very deep in his shell, plus pearl is the knowledgable one. There is no need for connie, she does nothing for the show except being strank wemin.

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Cosmic_Energy_Physiology
Easily.

the more I think about it, the more i wish that steven and peedee could've been best friends and that he would get more screen time.

i don't even care if they would be gay for each other or not though i would kinda prefer it

this show is 2% mediocre animation, 2% mediocre story, and 96% wasted potential.

ROCK PEOPLE
ROCK PEOPLE
TASTE LIKE ROCK
WALK LIKE PEOPLE

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Soul

Yeah could work. Depending on the monster I could probably shatter a gem.

How do you know what a rock tastes like, user?

>Truth Denial

I literally make my lies the reality of the universe. I can defeat anyone.

I don't see why we can't have both.

>muh love triangle arc

God no, that's not what I meant.

youtu.be/iGy-QISVhTE?t=35s

the writers would've done that though, the sardonyx arc is enough proof of that

I don't even mind having Connie still be in it if they really wanted it, the main character, best friend, and girl dynamic is a popular trope and it would have connected Steven a little more to a human aspect. They kind of touched on how Steven felt like an outcast with humans and gems but if he actually had a solid core of best human friends to help him connect more with being human that would have helped a lot.

You're right.

- I don't think Ruby has an annoying voice.
- Steven hasn't grown up because he's slow and his physical development mirrors his emotional and mental development. He's surrounded by hypercompetent (Even the slacker is a better warrior than any human) super-beings who are thousands of years old and fighting an incredible war against monsters and aliens - not much motivation to grow up and put your foot down. Beach City in some ways is a sort of fantasy land, this isolated corner of the world - a holiday resort inhabited by fun-loving goofballs and weirdos - kind of how a child sees the world anyway. Plus he is half gem, so who the fuck knows? He might live for thousands of years, so relatively speaking he's newborn.
- I don't know why they don't make the sizes inconsistent. It's annoying as fuck.
- I don't even understand why we have filler episodes at all.

You'd have to sneak up on him, which is impossible, because Garnet would know you were going to try. And you'd have to shatter him on the first go, or he'll just lick himself better.
Afterwards you'd have to contend with five extremely pissed-off alien warriors.

>powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Pain_Empowerment

>Users become stronger, faster, more durable, etc. by the pain of oneself and others, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing the existing powers. Some users may be able draw sustenance from the pain or even slow or stop aging.

Uh. Would Pearl make me super-powerful?

Holy shit, what a sucky power to have if you want to be a hero.

That's when the show started to really go downhill IMO. Peridemption arc was okay though.

By not listening when my parents told me not to eat one.

Spoiler alert, they're pretty salty.

It is kind of odd that Peedee's not been used more.

I cannot be trusted with this much power.

Calvary =/= cavalry

Has he had any focus since Frybo

He probably wasn't because the storyboard artists, who make the show, relate more to the older characters or mistake Onion to be the same age as Steven to pair together. Why have Steven spend time with Peedee when they have little in common aside their dead parents and responsibility put on them. Peedee would probably get annoyed by Steven like how Steven gets annoyed by Peedee's older brother.

Though honestly that would have been a funny dynamic and serves a missed opportunity.

I'd be salty too if my kid was so dumb he ate rocks.

He was a big part of Rising Tides/Crashing Skies and had a focus last season in Restaurant Wars. That's about it.

Those were halcyon days ripe with potential.

I hadn't really thought about this before, but it makes a hell of a lot of sense.

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Aerokinetic_Surfing

>air surfing

no, but my battle would be totally radical.

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Papyrokinetic_Blade_Construction
Two words: Paper. Boomerang.
I'd suck at fighting Lapis or Ruby though.

Peedee's a busy responsible boy who just wants to work at his job.

The only way the interaction would work is if Steven does the whole "get you out of your shell" thing or Peedee does the "you have to learn to be more responsible" thing and that would all just be a rehash of his relationship with Connie.

So basically it's not happening because it doesn't offer anything new.

Dragon Breath. Can I beat him?

The bigger question is...can you beat his mom?

>Why are their sizes so inconsistent
Their outer appearance is merely a concious manifestation of light.

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Matter_Manipulation

ez

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Body_Language_Analysis
I feel like I could probably be one of their most balanced enemies if I was with the intergalactic military or some shit.

You have to be pretty autistic to care about Peedee.

Does he have fire breath or does he spew dragons?

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Deity_Manipulation

Way too easy.

>Connie teaching Steven to be more responsible
What? Steven learns responsibility and the tough lessons from bad gem shit happening, not from Connie explicitly. She also hadn't matured, it can be argued that Steven infected Connie and removed her own maturation from his exposure.

>pretending it has emotions
Their pretty good at pretending

Let's face it, if Pearl seriously wanted you dead, you'd be dead. If she didn't have to worry about keeping someone safe, or Steven see her doing something awful, who the fuck could even stop her? Garnet, MAYBE.

If she so chose, Pearl would be a massacre machine - a giant blender with a nose.

>She is walking towards you
>Your gang is tensely holding their weapons
>Six holo-Pearls flare into existence around her, moving in perfect sync, photonic spears gleaming with the terrifying promise of death at the edge of a weapon made of light
>"Shoot! Shoot! Goddammit, SHOOT HER ALREADY!"
>They all know to aim for the gem
>It doesn't even take a full second and she is on you, your team a gruesome carpet of sliced meat and steaming blood
>"You shouldn't have threatened my son" is the last thing you hear as her ice-blue eyes stare unblinkingly in yours and her spear gently slides into your heart like a knife though pudding

That is assuming she would even opt for an open attack.

That doesn't explain why Steven needs a stool to reach his counter now compared to the 3rd episode

I am pretty autistic and I do.

You are correct, user.

Ah, but what if there are no deities to manipulate?

You'd be as powerful as Lapis... on the moon.

I can beat off all moms

The page says I can create Gods too.

>People complain that the show focuses too much on human characters.
>People complain that the show doesn't focus on one specific human character

>I've seen him naked!
And I only threw up twice!

He feels smaller? Lots of stress and pressure and responsibility.

He learned since that there is an alien empire out there that wants to kill him. That would make anyone feel small.

>Steven learns responsibility and the tough lessons from bad gem shit happening, not from Connie explicitly.
She taught him plenty of sensible everyday stuff.

"Books are good" for instance.

Depends on the human.

Oh. Holy shit, who would even come up with such an OP power? That defeats any scenario. Boring.

People will complain no matter what. Be glad you're not in the Transformers fandom.

Pssssh. If the Emperor was real, the Homeworld Gems would not dare to invade.

>partial teleportation
>teleport parts of people away

Could make a good horror flick. Find Connie, teleport her heart into his bed while he sleeps. Teleport the gemstones out of the gems and put it in his toilet before he gets up. Teleport a townie's tongue into his asshole while he's making a snack after lunch. Teleport his dad's head onto the set of the morning news.

I won't even need to defeat him.

Cont.

I wanna go a step further in my argument in omitting connie cause some people in this thread think the show would be fine if both peedee and connie were close to steven

In pic related is from both characters first episode appearances, these pics are of both reacting to there first gem monster encounter, now just look at both for a second and see the problem here. You see that stark difference in reaction? give me a reason why people shouldn't call connie a mary-sue? Give me a flaw of hers that isn't something every other mundane kid has.Contrast, just off the first episode, Peedee is set up with three basic traits that can be expanded, his desire to prove his worth to his dad, (again a rose parallel) His over reliance on needing approval (pearl training him) and his pit fall in trying to grow up to fast without catching a break to soak in the present (something both him and steven can overcome together).

But back to the reactions though, I just really love how off the bat connie kills her first gem monster lmao. (it was her idea to go under the boardwalk) a girl who is supposedly smuffered by both parents and not having many grand adventures on her own but is pretty 'oh a foreign monster *yawn*' she doesn't run (cause ""powerful"" women run the show) nor does she ask steven, she just hatches and idea and first go both characters defeat the monster. No disagreement and no hassle its boring, its safe and connie sucks steven off by the end of it congratulating him. If shes such a wizz kid and is shown to have no friends shouldn't the show back up this claim? Maybe make her be a typical smart ass and she remarks. "Oh it was no hassle, I thought of it." My conplaint with connie is she and steven don't gel well together. The creator just made them to perfect. She doesn't learn from trial and error, if maybe these character worked as a brain and braun type deal then yeah it'd be decent, connie would learn as the series went along to stop being a smart

The rock wasn't his parent. He's not Steven.

Swap Lorgar for Pearl.
Worst Primarch = Worst Gem.

>not Kami Kaze (paper wind)
You had one job.

Fuck.....

Like, fire breath, but magical dragon energy. The entry literally said "not to be mistaken with fire breath"

>powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random
Could be hard, but doable

Could Warhams' Imperium take on the Gem empire? Assume present canon Imperium and Peak Gem empire

Checkmate Atheists.

Because he's a white blond male.

Depends on the Admech's help.
Gem fusions are strong.
Warlord titans are stronger.

A loyal Angron or DAOT imperium would murder everything.

His name is also "peedee", as in Police Department.

>Did I just hear "GAY ALIENS"!? Uh oh, SMASH IT!

cont.

And steven started acting his age. Another strong point in both characters relationships is the fact tht connie is in school while steven does not have any school in his life and its shame, half-hour episodes are spent on one off uncle andy shenanigan episodes and not something like steven and connie going to school and steven and connie interacting in a school environment, something our protagonist is not used to but his side protagonist is, throw in magical drama in the mix. andy ou'd get really good development out of it. Maybe they fight, maybe this can be where they fuse after finding a midway for eachother, but no, instead the best we get is episodes like fusion cuisine that both show potential of maybe another side to connie-sue but the show step back from it, showing a strong distaste in souring there little feminist pooch. I just odn't get how people can say this is there fave character when she is simply horrible at being both a good friend and a love interest, she tries to be everything instead focusing on one thing. Much like this whole show

I could literally go on forever with character, so if anons want my shitty opinions and ideas go for it

Could you really do that? I mean, emotionally? Murder people in grotesque ways?

>her heart into his bed
not the top half of her body so it looks like she snuck in and slept in his bed with him only for steven to realize that his bed is covered in blood and connie won't wake up

I mean, they are trying to defeat Steven. Clearly they are a villian.

Not that user but I'd steal all of their asses.
Just for laughs.

>Object conjuring

Jsut need a sleeping dart and the breaking point and he's dead.

>Steven in school
>his time with the gems makes him an ace at history
>we actually learn more about what Rose, Garnet, Pearl, and Amythest did during human history and all the good things about it
>we don't get an image of Rose saving Franz Ferdinand and preventing WWI
>we don't get a perspective outside his hero worshipping guardians that the Gems had a positive influence on the world and humanity's direction after the Gem War finished
>Steven also sucks at one subject so he isn't great at everything in school, let's say science so later on Peridot can help him with homework

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Zoolingualism

To be honest I think anyone with a functioning brain could defeat Steven and the gems. Just use homemade bombs or some shit. If unpopular teenagers can do it, I probably can.

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Genetic_Attacks?useskin=oasis
Could I at least corrupt/mutate Steven into being just a quiet, crying pink blob?

>this is the biggest mistake

jejejeje no, it is not. Besides people ship them enough already they could demand a gay relationship for Steven and this doesn't seem the plan so no, thanks.

Is Peedee even on the show anymore? I remember he was supposed to be Steven's best friend, but turns out he switched that with Connie.

Seriously, it would be easier to write him off (maybe have him move in with another relative) than pretend he's still a character

>he was supposed to be Steven's best friend,
word of god? or what?

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Supernatural_Thievery?useskin=oasis

I'll just steal his gem.