New Steven Universe trailer for season 4 just revealed via the official FB page. Thoughts?

New Steven Universe trailer for season 4 just revealed via the official FB page. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/status/855422260009631744
facebook
youtube.com/watch?v=ZIt0n2WVN_o&ab_channel=MeowthFan
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Uhh, link?

Can't believe they are ending the show. At least it will get a final episode.

>Are you... my dad?

HYPE

Here we go:
twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/status/855422260009631744

>At least it will get a final episode.

Get HYPE

Looks cool, but can't trust dramatic marketing after IF YOU COULD ONLY KNOW

WHAT WE REALLY ARE

WHAT WE REALLY ARE

Thanks. This actually looks pretty good, I'm cautiously optimistic.

>Are you... my dad?

What the fuck does that come from

C... Could it be? More good episodes?

facebook com/StevenUniverse/videos/670436036475463/

new characters, the CG getting wrecked, etc.

>Promoting new season via townies and their bullshittery to which actually interesting storylines take a backseat

SU is going to hell in a handbasket and all Sugar can think of is to go into full speed.

Since the episode's airing in May one of the new gems surely must be Emerald, right?

Right?

New gem. Someone probably said "My Dad", and they interpreted it as a name.

Where does it say they are ending the show?

Let's see. What do we got here. Some kind of Butterfly Lapis, Octus from Sym-biomic Ttian. Oh, and Yellow Diamond, of course.

Clearly it's another human they've abducted. When Pearl asks Steven if he knows what he's doing, I think it's him letting himself be taken by the ship so he can rescue the other humans, including that little girl who asks him if he's her dad.

The only thing that genuinely struck me about this trailer was that, for once, they're actually combining the two elements of the show into one - the Beach City townsfolk side of the show, and the Gem shit/lore side of the show. Before they were always incredibly separate (which then got people say some episodes were "filler") but now it seems like Sadie and Onion are actually going to be interacting with new Gem characters and playing a role in some way.

I could be completely wrong though. This show's been on a downhill spiral since halfway through season 3 so this shit better be good regardless.

Stop shit stirring.

Steven's gem separates from him and it turns into a little girl Rose who thinks Steven is her father. Clearly.

it doesn't

>SU in-charge of not plagiarizing

ah, so it's directed at Greg.

YOU AIN'T THE GUY

I don't see how that would work. Steven's body is 50% light that's projected by his gem, that's how he can morph and change his body but not completely. If his gem separated from him then he'd probably die.

I reckon maybe the "daddy" line is said by a new Gem character who Steven befriends or something.

I knew I wasn't the only one who thought about it

I'm just glad that CN released a trailer, showing they're airing it in an orderly fashion, and not fucking the crewniverse over by leaking the entire bomb. But who knows! Some kid could find the episodes airing on demand accidentally and record them off his goddamn screen!

As long as there are no episodes by Lauren "I Got Juked" Zuke, I'll be happy. Christ, her downward spiral was like a Greek tragedy.

This actually makes sense.

Anyway, do you think the diamonds are finally going to find out that the cluster isn't going to emerge?

A lot of people from SU are already leaving to do their own shows. Like Craig Of The Creek. It's inevitable. Most shows at CN don't go past 3 seasons nowadays.

Not sure why. Could be because of syndication.

wait. current season already ended? What was the last episode?

She'll board at least one episode for this bomb

There's 5 episodes left. This is the finale of S4.
> Lion 4 (Already leaked)
> Doug Out
> The Good Lars
> Are You My Dad?
> I Am My Mom

Anyone with the service in Canada could have recorded it. We just got unlucky and that little shitbag uploaded it in terrible quality.

I thought there were strong indications that season 6 would be the last.

ah ok, and people are excited because....?

Thought the same thing

Although it would be fun watching the Guardian wrecking the CG

Fucking Leafs. Remember when two episodes aired in France and they had downloads up within the hour? Meanwhile the Canucks took like four hours to get their leak up.

because they watch the show and want to keep watching it.
>why do all these women keep complaining about their periods I've never bled from my dick even once

Don't give me false hopes, user.

Makes sense. About 123 episodes have aired right? I think the mandatory for syndication is 150.

Hey, if Steven and Connie can fuse to form Stevonnie and then defuse back into little girl, then Greg spunk and Rose essence can defuse to form regular Steven and little buddling. And how else would Steven come to the conclusion that "I am my mom" other than defusing with his mom and then re-fusing? Well other than getting some sort of boost in confidence that makes him want to confront the homeworld gems head on. But then who was phone?

The limit is 65 half-hour episodes. So 130 SU episodes. Although two half-hour specials have already aired, so once SU hits the 126 mark, they'll be golden.

I know eh? We're too busy drinking beer and mowing our lawns for that shit.

I mean people are excited because a preview of a season that it's still running? why?

>And how else would Steven come to the conclusion that "I am my mom"
by being told his mom became half of him

>3 episodes tops of any real plot progression
>2 will be the season premeire and the season finale
>the rest of the season is pointless filler
Calling it right the fuck now.

Why would that make a difference? People don't get excited when it's announced that Marvel is going to make a movie that's going to come out in 4 years, they get excited when the hype trailer gets released in preparation for the theatrical release.

Hey hey, that's right. If he defuses with his gem and it's not Rose then he knows that Rose is really dead and he's effectively all that's left of her.

Shit

this preview suggests that he's turning himself in, claiming his status as the Rose Quartz gem who started the rebellion.

oh boy, can't wait for people to bitch and moan non-stop for half the week

I hope they do something interesting this season

new content. I think you are grossly exaggerating how "excited" people in this thread are.

Just some new points of discussion for a couple weeks.

Well, how can they go back to the status quo then? or will the townies set up shop in the zoo and we'll have 20 episodes of Steven dicking around there while every 4 episodes the gems think about rescuing him again.

No
It's Onion's cousin.

Ahh ok! Thanks for clearing that up.

>all these people thinking it's the trailer for season 4's premiere

This is the season 4 FINALE, which OP forgot to mention. Season 4 started with the Kindergarten Kid.

Hopefully this starts moving the plot along more, because things have been going nowhere for a while now. We need some kind of threat now that the cluster and jasper are gone, the diamonds should really realize the CGs are still alive but don't yet, and now these 2 (min) things are straight up kidnapping people in steven's hometown
Enough with him fighting with not being Rose already, have him grow on his own without whining about how people think he's Rose for the 100th time. Or better yet, have him actually lose a battle or something, since the dude barely ever fails or gets a huge pat on the back regardless.

Will they kill off some townies?

>are you my father ?
>Implying that's not Onion directed to Greg
>big reveal ends up just being greg fuggd another person after Rose left because he was sad he was alone
>this angers the Steven
>Steven gets very sad/mad/out of control of his emotions and temporarily changes into Rose
>season ends with Steven realizing he's just Rose in a different form.

>Will they kill off some townies?
We can only dream, user

link for lion 4 leak please i dont care about quality i need this in my life right now.

That's fucking dumb kys

Kind of doesn't matter if they move along the plot if the characters suck shit nowadays.

Makes me wonder why they ever introduced Peridot or Lapis in the first place if that was going to be their end point.

The CGs have been completely static, so have Greg and Connie, and Steven has progressively gotten worse.

Kill off Lars for Sadie so that he can show he really did love her only to have that conspiracy blogger get the axe instead for
1) wanting to die by aliens and
2) feeling bad for almost killing lars in the light house

It's just Storm in the room 2: electric boogaloo

Oh great, more crying

I can't wait for the White Diamond reveal so /sug/ can degrade even further with "best diamond" waifu wars and shitposting.

bah really? i was hoping it would be something about rose. any time i think of that ending where rose tells steven she loves him on that tape, i cry. i miss my mom :(

Well...watch for yourself youtube.com/watch?v=ZIt0n2WVN_o&ab_channel=MeowthFan

What the fuck

>steven wants to have kids with connie
>ends up getting mpreg
>lots of crying
>gets reformatted into their daughter
>daughter travels back in time
>"Are you my dad?"

Normally I wouldn't believe it myself but with this show any fetishy crap is possible.

Something about SU makes it seem more blunt and childish now. I don't know if it's the dialogue or Steven's voice or what

well i dont have high hopes for this series so much but it looks cool
lets see

God I hope so

well she does take a lot of inspiration from anime it wouldnt surprise me if they pulled a sailor moon

You didn't actually watch it.

OST is still on point I see.

>all the townies disappear
>Sup Forums still complains about it being a townie episode

I can't wait for Sapphire to get shattered.

The writing in general is so much more blunt now. Not that S1 was the paragon of subtle writing, but it was certainly a lot more subtle now.

Damn, remember The Test? And how subtle the character building was in that one because it didn't shove in our face (by having Steven say it out loud) that Steven was starting to grow up? That was a good episode.

The internet lines iced over.

That was Jasper's theme playing in the background

What if that's a amber with the power of the bug trapped inside IE butterfly or moth =V

>Onion's voice

>Steven has progressively gotten worse.

It reminds me of Harry in the Order of the Phoenix.

It's called having emotions. You should try it sometime.

thank you kind sir, and yeah i get it now. looks like they didnt have an idea so they just said hey lets do an alternate version of an older episode! genius lets get our grammys

>with this show any fetishy crap is possible.

This isn't Totally Spies. Which is a shame because that show had every fetish.

Having Amethyst say, "We're bad at this" was prefect. They really had their shit together.

I know Sucrose can pull the heart strings, but perhaps Ian was what kept the ship tight? Perhaps he needed to be there to keep continuity.

Steven Universe's trailers are a dozen times better than what the show actually is.

>WHAT WE REALLY ARE
>WHAT WE REALLY ARE
>WHAT WE REALLY ARE

go do something then

Like what? Ian is on his own show. There is no way I could get him to come back to SU... and itis probably too late fore that anyway.

Or are you assuming that I think I can do a better job? Because I know I can't. If I could I wouldn't be here.

>Steven Universe is getting hyped again

Final-fucking-ly. Here's hoping that the two new shadowed villains will be a massive threat unlike Holly Blue. Plus using the townies in a serious plot-advancing episode just a good call.

The storyboarding artists all still need a punch in the gut for each one.

So why is Zuke considered a Greek Tragedy.

because she's a retard

First thing I thought of was time travel episode, with filler of baby Sadie.

Gems(most likely) don't have the concept of "daddies"

I'm having a Lapis Lazuli kind of moment right now everyone, oh gosh she needs to come back and say - seduce/corruptAmethystwithanupgradefusionandturnLapisbacktoruthlessnessandfinallygivePeridotafusioninclusion
*looks around*
>Chaosu Emeraldo's subete watashi no mono, Jasper !!!
>Goodbye Saaaaaardooooooooonyyyyyx