youtube.com/watch?v=xGeOEr6yFL4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZnFh-FLjSrY
youtube.com/watch?v=PKMjzhghMTc
youtu.be/vd1sxsJ0zJg?t=336
youtube.com/watch?v=3wEwiPy1p3I
youtube.com/watch?v=BX12NVUhceI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if you're gay

Ultimately, no. It's got a lot of fucking filler.

Yes, start with My Conquest is the Sea of Stars

it's crazy but I wanted to watch this anime today

Yes

Yes. Absolutely. Alternatively you could try the books. I recently discovered they actually have translated some of them and ordered first three books (since each book was relatively cheap). I haven't gotten them yet though so no idea if they're actually worth reading.

Me too. Even downloaded it but then changed my mind.

even if it was schlock it would be worth your time. However it is a masterpiece

I'll probably watch it on streaming, english dubbed ofc, can't stand VO in anime

It's my favorite anime, so I'd say yes.

It's for stupid people that lack a proper education. The kind of retards that think something is deep and smart because they namedrop someone like Machiavelli and ten some of his ideas.

Absolutely. LoGH is some of the best political television there is. There are also two films starting the series I believe. Well worth watching.

Did LOGH even get a dub?

one of the few kino anime
watch it you fucking faggot

They never name drop Machiavelli or any historical philosopher.

Watch it in original voices. The original voice work is extremely good. The English one sounds like shit and I don't think they even dubbed all episodes.

Dogs eat dog food
> It's Empire is about to win the war but does some retarded shit instead episode
There I summarized entire series for you

It's worth it.

Unironically might be one of the best series ever made, better than any live action space opera for sure.

I don't think you know what filler is. It's an OVA series, it had no incentive to stretch screentime.

youtube.com/watch?v=0rxN2iYYCPU

>Unironically might be one of the best series ever made, better than any live action space opera for sure.
This. It becomes extremely rewarding to watch after the first 30 episodes when all the build-up starts to pay off. I also enjoyed the music a great deal. The two historical episodes about the fall of civilizations would never have been aired on western TV.

There's great anime series released every season. LoGH is just easily accessible for people into western media, similar to Berserk and and Bebop. You've probably seen ten series at most and have no valid opinion.

Yes.

If you start watching it today, 1 episode per day, then you'll finish in time for the reboot.

>there's great anime released every season
bullshit

Damn. Fair enough. Still worth watching.

I've seen plenty

>There's great anime series released every season
hahaha good one you tasteless manchild

>There's great anime series released every season

Well, LoGH wasn't television in the first place, though it did end up getting aired much later. It's an OVA series, meaning it was released on VHS. This was a really popular format in Japan from '84-'96, particularly due to the international rental market eating their shit up. It was more economical to release many things straight to video. Though LoGH had no foreign market and I actually have no idea how it went on for so long.

Arslan Senki by the same writer got it's OVA series cancelled almost immediately. Shame, what little they made was really good, easily could have been on par with LoGH had it kept going. The television series that was adapted later is too modified for a shounen audience.

Name your top three anime series. I'll instantly know how much you've watched and how valid your opinion is depending on what you name.

The best way to enjoy anime is to stop at 10, probably 20 series. Remember that old Sup Forums chart of anime consumption and quality? You don't want to hit the point of no return. For sooner or later you'd be watching the seasonal harem garbage and delude yourself into thinking it's good.

obviously you can't even differentiate between good and bad anime so why even bother

youtube.com/watch?v=xGeOEr6yFL4
>Sup Forums thinks this is deep
muh dictatorship
muh democracy

Naruto
One Piece
Legend of the Galactic Heroes

If you're too scared to even name a few it's because you have no valid opinion.

Occasionally there is a harem with good comedy but it's not common at all, you get one every 1-3 years. There were quite a few good harems back through '04-08.

Ah yes the classic "obscure = good and well-known = bad" meme

Just because you've seen a LOT of anime doesn't mean you've seen GOOD anime, one evangelion/lain/bebop is worth a million seasonal SOL moeshits

It's the type of series that I really enjoy, where before taking any course of action it'll have the characters sit down and debate whether they're doing the right thing ethically and/or strategically.

One of my favorite scenes early on is just some politicians debating what they should do with an enemy fortress that they captured.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZnFh-FLjSrY

truth doesn't have to be deep

Do you guys know any anime with fucking brilliants characters like in Death note ? I don't want to watch stupid jap capeshit

if you have to ask, you aren't worthy

How deep is the lore in this show?
Is it like star wars/star trek level of deep or is it fairly easy to follow?

I consider code geass to be kinda stupid roboshit but if you're using death note as a point of comparison you might like it.

The wonky subtitles is part of the appeal you pleb.

fine I'll bite, anime I consider to be good

Legend of the Galactic Heroes
From the New World
Monogatari Series (not all of it)
Eve no Jikan
Nodame Cantabile
Spice and Wolf
Darker than Black
Great Teacher Onizuka
Berserk
Wolf's Rain
Crest/Banner of the Stars
Kino's Journey
Monster
Hajime no Ippo
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Parasyte
Vision of Escaflowne
Usagi Drop

Who said anything about obscure? Cardcaptor Sakura is one of my favorite series and is also one of the most well-known. Why hide behind a straw man instead of just name a few of your favorite series? You wouldn't be scared if you had watched more than fifteen or twenty.

If Eva/Lain/Bebop are the three you name, I mean it's obvious to anyone you haven't watched a lot. You've got stuff airing right now that's better than two of those. There's nothing wrong with watching a lot of anime, but there is something wrong with claiming that good anime isn't common when you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about because you don't watch anime.

This. Babby's first 'realistic' animu.

How many live-action space operas have you seen? Even while most of them are shit, they're still heaps better than Space Gary Stus: Le Audiobook with a Slide Show and Public Domain Soundtrack Because We Can't Afford a Composer

Code Geass is the GOAT anime. It's just before hand-drawn animation started being replaced by CG. It's entertaining in so many ways.

I've already watched it actually, it was ok, too much perv thing for me tho

The vast majority of people (who watch or have watched anime) don't keep up with airing anime in any detail and have this idea that anything that doesn't immediately appeal to a garden variety Western normalfag has to be bad. Which is bullshit. And then you have people evaluating shows based purely on the cover art and a short blurb on Anichart, and if they don't immediately think it sounds good they don't investigate any further.

>seasonal SOL moeshits
Cowboy Bebop wasn't any less seasonal than K-On, and moeshit doesn't mean anything as long as people can't define it. Which they never will. SoL anime is not intrinsically good or bad.

The "I eat my own shit and brag about my obscure taste online" fagpost.

There barely is any
You have 2 nations evenly divided with both 1 capital ship and 1 fighter model
The hardest thing to remember is probably the name of all the empire and free faggot captains

Although it's thematically nothing like death note, jojo's bizarre adventure might suit your taste

There aren't any super geniuses but there's a lot of outsmarting, outwitting, and methodical planning

>You did X? Well I do Y!
>You did Y? Well before the battle even began I did Z!
>I knew you would do Z, so I did A!
That sort of thing

You've watched much more than the average Sup Forumsgoer but not enough to find your niche. Still got a lot of placeholder shounen. You'll probably keep watching anyway, I'm not talking shit or anything, just "are you kidding me?!?" triggers me when people who don't watch anime pretend it's a shit medium.

Crest of the Stars is so goddamned good. You should check out the Ys OVA series, that'll be right up your alley with that list.

They actually paid for music that wasn't in the public domain (at least, not PD in Japan), e.g.
youtube.com/watch?v=PKMjzhghMTc

I don't know why you criticize it for that anyway. The music was good, and being low-budget isn't a serious accusation for anybody who's serious about entertainment beyond the surface level. Go watch TLJ if you need something with a high budget.

>How many live-action space operas have you seen?
Pretty much all of them. None of them comes even close to LoGH.

40% of that chart is GOAT-tier, the rest is Reddit garbage. Nice bait though.

its deep enough for consumption

LotGH

Dog eat dog food

0% deep
All planets are copypasted Earth clones
People are the only sentient species
The tech is poorly thought out, soft and self-contradictory moreover, dated-looking
It's basically acient Chink wars and some of Euro history copypasted into spess because... I don't know why, perhaps because the author is too stupid to realize that unification of humanity and eliminating wars, racism, totalitarianism and other leftovers from tribal consciousness come before expanding into space, not the other way round. And that's the reason why we will never expand into space.

>but not enough to find your niche.
what does that even mean?

youtu.be/vd1sxsJ0zJg?t=336

>Name your top three anime series
Eva
Utena
KissxSis

Yes, a thousand times yes. It has an extremely well-made plot, amazing characters, and you'll have a huge folder of meme screencaps as a bonus.

It's mostly about 2 big factions. The lore is rather simplistic - it just describes how the factions became what they are - and not that important for the actual plot. Be ready to memorise a metric shitton of German surnames though.

Very good. The characters are top notch and very sympathetic. Some moments really stick with you, too. I am glad I watched it and I'm thinking about rewatching it. Logh is /comfycore/ and /feelcore/.
youtube.com/watch?v=3wEwiPy1p3I
This is one of my favourite moments. It's not a spoiler, so you can watch it freely.

Every single episode of Star Trek, B5, DS, RD, BSG, SG, probably some stuff I'm forgetting but all the commonly liked stuff. I'm a huge fan of a couple of these series, they just don't compete with LoGH.

I'd agree, but you are a jojofag, which makes your entire point invalid

Ys got an OVA series?

LOL DUDE THE ADMIRAL THAT NEVER SPEAKS!! SO REALISTIC AND EPIC!! XD

THIS IS REAL ANIME NOT THE SHIT OTHER PEOPLE LIKE!

Who are the most obnoxious posters on Sup Forums and why is it "you like this popular thing therefore you suck" posters?

They can't even specify their own preferences. Their whole reason for living is their desperate need to prove themselves better and more unique than their peers. They'll drag the whole thread down with their ego-derived cynicism contributing with nothing but bragging. These people are worse than the plebbiest of plebs. These people are the embodiment of online ego trips. They've stopped enjoying the actual media long ago but are instead hooked on its social gains. The absolute worst fags to pollute any board.

Holy fuck when the female warhawk politician speaks up and says the citizens should fuck off and keep sacrificing themselves for endless war because "muh oppression", when the only thing she obviously wants is staying in power.
Fucking eerie, now I'm really interested.

It means you've got a lot of top twenty material from rec lists stretching back to '06 because you haven't dug into newer series that don't show up on as many rec lists or found your "loli henshin MS parody"-tier specific genre that has stuff that really rings with you but not the average person.

Why do you even need to find a niche? Is there an issue with varying tastes?

You forgot

WOW THEY ARE LIKE HITLER AND NAZIS AND I LOVE THEM SO MUCH BECAUSE IM TOO PUSSY TO LIKE THE REAL NAZIS

Absolutely. It focuses a lot on the politics of the galaxy and there are too many characters to keep track of sometimes, but in the end it's one of the most unique and fleshed out pieces of sci fi you'll ever watch

Don't listen to him, Logh is capeshit. Half of the characters, including the main lead, literally wear capes.

Yes.

>implying
The show's issue is that it spends too little time on things that are too expensive or time consuming to animate. The whole show should have the pacing of the corridor battle, instead frequently the narrator just gives you three sentences overlayed on some footage that represents something bigger and that's it.

Post out of context screencaps

No, it's really boring after Reinhard gets them to surrender.

People liking popular thing is usually indication that they barely know anything and aren't very invested in the hobby

Every time someone goes on a tantrum like this, you scratch the surface, turns out they never watched more than 20 series

Nice.

Yeah, and it's amazing. It got a couple actually. The monster fights are some of the coolest I've ever seen. Wizardy has a really awesome OVA too.

Rayearth can be a good direction to go after Ys if you want something of similar feel, but it's overpowered shoujo boss monster fights instead.

Based, even if you haven't watched that much.

Well I enjoy all of the Ys games, I don't want to watch the OVA if it's shitty.

You don't, but not having a niche is evidence that you haven't experienced that much of any kind of medium. Take music for example, if someone says their favorite rock is Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, etc. they probably haven't listened to a wide variety of rock. There isn't anything wrong with it, but if they start saying "there is never any good rock made anymore" while listing stuff like that it's an indicator that they don't know what they are talking about.

I don't see how anyone with a penis wouldn't enjoy the Ys OVAs.

Things are often popular for a reason. The Godfather is entry-core for film and so are Kubrick films. But even digging deeper those films will still stand as some of the medium best. NGE is entry-tier into non-shounen anime but is still one of the best the medium has to offer.

You have to argue why something is bad besides it being popular. That's not an argument. Just a statement with an opinion attached.

I really liked that gag.
>one finger snap means coffee
>two finger snaps means whiskey
>the admiral always has one cup of coffee and one cup of whiskey every morning
>he gets a new adjutant
>the admiral is too autistic to correct the adjutant, and from that day forward the admiral always has three cups of coffee every morning
But it also showed why I wouldn't trust that admiral in battle, because the risk of his orders being misunderstood is too great.

This. Live-action space operas become a joke after seeing LoGH.

Is anyone in this thread even saying popular things are bad?

stop acting so elitist anout your animu, for every anime on my list and I have seen or at least started several others, but once you're above a certain age there just isn't that much left too watch that is bearable

And then their idol bitchily disses his Nazi predecessor while dying of shitty inbred genes, but alt-right babbies are too busy wanking, so they don't notice. The layers of irony in this show, but mostly around it, in it's fanbase, man... Enough to make it a curious artifact, even despite it's dubious artistic merit.

Yes. SeeI love how he also makes it seem like there's ton of unexplored space opera we plebs haven't discovered yet when the genre has always been small and rarely if ever as grand and introspective as LoGH.

Not that popular things are bad, but that people who like popular things are bad.

holy shit imagine being this much of a faggot

Not that it's any better in context

Yes. It's very good.
youtube.com/watch?v=BX12NVUhceI
Here's a pretty big spoiler, but if you weren't going to watch either way, I'd suggest you watch it.

Yeah, I'd guess around sixty or so based on that list. That's not very much. I mean imagine if someone pretended to know a lot about film having only watched around two hundred, that'd be fairly close in hours watched. It'd be kind of silly.

>but once you're above a certain age there just isn't that much left too watch that is bearable
This is exactly the kind of ignorant statement I'm talking about, you're listing things like FMAB, S&W, Onizuka and Monogatari which means you are still young enough to enjoy a metric fuckton of material you aren't aware of. I'm 29 and I watch around 5-8 series a season, though it's primarily a social thing. However because of that I'm aware that there are usually 1-3 great series that come out every season. Houseki for example that's airing right now is 11/10 material.

Dune>LoGH
even Lynch's Dune

Even Crest of the Stars is better than live action.