Was she really the protagonist of 8?

Was she really the protagonist of 8?
What was even her motivation in TLJ?

For force powers. Not joking. She 100% has the story-line of a sith in the making but whenever it comes to being actually for the dark side she just goes... Nah.
Probably the biggest glaring issue of this movie

she wanted to know her past which she already knew anyway and also she wants Kylo's dick

Yeah basically this, mary sues can only work if they turn evil (see: anakin), otherwise it's impossible to have tension in a movie where your hero is an immortal demigod who's already perfect.

Can her legs get cut off in the next one so I dont have to look at her fucking hideous cankles

>Probably the biggest glaring issue of this movie
Is having more than enough subplots. Literally the only thing that mattered was Kylo and Rey interactions. Also, Luke. Cut the resistance vs first order crap and the movie wouldn't lose much.

She wanted to travel over half the galaxy to punch a pensioner in the back.
Why? That's a story for another time.

Uh, she wants to help the the rebels beat the First Order. Why she cares about this when she grew up alone on some shithole unaffected by either side?

Uh, well, you know it's actually very cool and artsy if you DON'T explore the character's motivations.

Why is she so bloated in this one? Look at that double chin. She was much thinner in TFA.

you're imagining things

Not even that. All she cares about are Finn and Leia, because they were kind to her and she was a friendless NEET fembot.

Luke asks her pretty much this same question and she couldn't even come up with a good answer. Lol.

She bulked up from the second movie with all the physical training they put her in. Why did she train so hard? I have no idea, it's not like she would have a shirtless scene showing her abs and big biceps like every male hero.

i want to succ on her cute little milkers

>it's not like she would have a shirtless scene showing her abs and big biceps
How to unironically save star wars

They made the films just to do this.

too meta. I want my straightforward hero journey back.

bong genetics after 20 yrs old

I say it was worth it. Also Luke beating Rey's hand.

it was beyond arousing how he squeezed those fucked up monster tit-tays

wish he did this to Rey

Honestly, and bear with me here: I think Rey got shafted hard in TLJ.

She was unquestionably the centerpiece of everything that happened in TFA, to a degree that was detrimental to the plot (i.e. having everything revolve around Rey made the universe feel small), and also made her a Mary Sue in the context of that story because she's so damn important for no discernible reason besides "she's the main character".

But then in this movie she's not important AT ALL. Everything on Ahch-To is about Luke and Kylo, Luke and Kylo, Luke and Kylo. Rey is just there, learning nothing, achieving nothing, and going nowhere. On one hand I'm happy the universe doesn't revolve around her anymore, but on the other it's jarring because she's ostensibly the protagonist of this whole shebang and yet seems to be a third wheel in her own story.

I just don't get what they're going for with her whole character arc, presumably because the writers themselves don't know. She was a shitty MC that turned into a worthless MC, and we still don't have a grasp on what she even WANT. Like we know what Luke wanted to do with his life by the first 45 minutes of ANH, Rey is still just there.

>She has become Kylo's bitch

they didn't bother to set her up properly in the first one probably because they were too busy raping the ot lore for nostalgia bucks.