Introduce a new and interesting character for the new trilogy

>Introduce a new and interesting character for the new trilogy
>Someone that lived to see both the Clones wars and the fall of the Empire
>Kill him off too soon without telling anyone his full backstory
Literally the worst storytelling I've seen in a movie in years. And that's really saying something. Fuck you, hack writer(s).

what I don't understand is why George Lucas would introduce a character who is CLEARLY stronger than Vader and is LITERALLY HIS BOSS only to have him get THROWN DOWN A REACTOR SHAFT after like five minutes of screentime I mean who is this Emperor Palpatine anyway

Doesn't count.

t. le 90s kid who grew up with the EU and prequels

You say that like it's a bad thing. Go away, grandpa.

Nice try

Vader clearly wasn't the boss in any of the movies, in the first one he was in the leash of Tarkin, who reported to the emperor, and in the second one we got to see the emperor the first time

The emperor was always a looming presence in the background.

>he doesn't remember a time when the Duel on Mustafar was a footnote in a visual dictionary

and yet you think you can complain about a lack of backstory

that's a good point; why would George let Tarkin die without telling anyone his full backstory?

>a time when the Duel on Mustafar was a footnote in a visual dictionary
Irrelevant. This doesn't count, too.

How come there were no cameras in the throne room?

How does kylo become supreme leader instead of being executed?

>Someone that lived to see both the Clones wars and the fall of the Empire
>Kill him off too soon without telling anyone his full backstory

I don't know much about Star Wars lore but could these be hints that he has a way to survive most forms of physical punisment?

That's why he's so disfigured and has that "I can't be betrayed." line?

Because he killed those who tried to execute him, duh

it says in the book that snoke is disfigured due to some kinda disease

He had no mystery or powers teased or hinted at, so different situation. but you knew that

it was to remind people kylo is a sith and evil. they turn on eachother and murder eachother for power. in case you missed that

He did kinda cuck out to that lightsaber sitting right next to him. It would be funny and rewarding if he came back as a grievous-like character in 9 and kills kylo ren

>Introduce a new and interesting character for the new trilogy

literally discount sidious

you sound mad that every detail of a new movie hasn't been able to be overexplained and documented on Wookieepedia over the last thirty years

Wow you are a fucking retard lmao...you clearly don't know shit about star wars plz neck yourself

Tarkin was a powerful dark Force user with infinite resources, who corrupted a Jedi and destroyed their academy? News to me.

>Introduce a new and interesting character for the new trilogy?

Okay, so why did you post a picture of Snookie, the undeveloped discount sidious?

Yeah, I'm fucking mad. This is fucking stupid, you don't set up an interesting only to kill him off way too soon. I could write a better movie than these hacks, fuck them.

Bullshit.

The Emperor was a presence lurking in the background throughout the entire trilogy: mentioned in passing in ANH, onscreen and intimidating in ESB, finally revealed in his physical form in RotJ. After he finally reveals the extent of his powers in RotJ, the act of killing him costs Vader's life, nearly kills Luke and is the culmination of the entire trilogy.

The new trilogy has no heavy now, and would have to do some serious retconning to introduce one for Ep IX.

Shit story plotting.

The real problem is they could have spent the time they wasted on Finn and Rose doing nothing to progress the plot to make Snoke a more interesting character but they opted to just make him boring by dying of his own hubris and then retroactively saying they did that because he was boring

It feels like they were ashamed of creating him in the first place and just took the lazy way out of killing him

>the undeveloped discount sidious?
>underdeveloped

Guess whose fault that is.

heh,, nothing personnel kid

>and interesting character
Nope.

Im happy they did desu. I didn't want another Emperor rehash. I actually liked the movie too. I did hate the marvel humor that would switch the tone of the movie and the stupid Finn and China Box Office Character's subplot and forced romance, I was fine with everything else. Get rid of that sublplot, marvel humor and Leia flying, and the movie would be one of the best.

Lmfao, millenial kid crying because his hand isn't held at every second and he can't obsess over minute details on wookiepedia.

Why develop a character you are going to kill off half way though the movie anyway?

Notice how Laura Dern's character wasn't very developed. It would have been a waste of time.

>I don't know much about Star Wars lore but could these be hints that he has a way to survive most forms of physical punisment?
To be fair, it won't be the first example if you count the EU

Shut the fuck up. Old cunt.

If you are not able to tell the difference between a character gradually introduced through actions and other characters, until a reveal and final confrontation, and a character with no explanation whatsoever, clearly created just to evoke nostalgia, pointless and removed because reasons, you are beyond saving.

>interesting character

Tarkin has the detail needed. He is a powerful officer, believes in the empire and has authority.
So much to stop Vader to strangle the Fedora guy (someone post the pic about Motti, is awesome).
You don't need more detail because his role and motivation are clear.
Snoke does not go beyond a generic "man behind the man" He has a role in the story but only as a meta. And no clear motivations.

>and a character with no explanation whatsoever,
That criticism can also apply to Darth Maul.

It's the GoT school of writing. SHOCKING TWISTS are now more important than a coherent story that's actually interesting.

wah wah I don't know the casualty count from Holdo's past battles

when Holdo said 'Godspeed' what did she mean I know Hell is a term for Chaos in Corellian mythology but what God does Holdo worship I need to know!!!!

that's by the way

>That criticism can also apply to Darth Maul.
So it seals it as shitty writing if you compare it with the prequels. Fine with me.
Agruably, Maul is at least a bit clearer. He is a student, perfectionist, perhaps, of a dark art. His master has a grudge against the guys that master a similar art (almost martial movie undertones) and indoctrinated him in his hate ("we will have revenge and shiet, master").
For what Maul is, is almost (ALMOST) enough in that shitshow of a movie.

>Post YFW the character of luke skywalker was gang raped

He's the emperor who rules the empire. That's all you need to know and nothing else is hinted at. Whereas with Snoke his existence is a mystery and they keep hinting at a bigger mystery.

>The new trilogy has no heavy now
Wrong. Who is Kylo Ren?

he didn't actually die
he will return in episode IX

>So it seals it as shitty writing if you compare it with the prequels
>*disregards the last two weeks he's spent defending the prequels*
Disingenous fuck.

The reason you like him is he reminds you of Sidious. He's supposed to, he's a cheap Chinese copy of Sidious. Don't act like he has some potential to be a developed villain.

Palpatine didn't just suddenly appear out of nowhere after six movies with no explanation as to where he came from, who he is or why he never appeared beforehand despite being one of the most powerful force users alive.

>*was a hologram*
>"heh, what now, kid......"
same shit luke pulled

Darth Maul at least had the presence and the menace to challenge two jedi masters, making him a threat and somewhat living up to expectations. Whereas Snoke is just killed because the new director doesn't like him so they make Snoke stupid and blind

A guy who was defeated by the protagonist in film 1. Why would you want to see him be defeated by the protagonist again?

Im hanging on a thing thread of hope Snoke knew what was going to happen and at the moment the lightsaber killed him he transfered his essence into someone else. Hes playing everyone

Hux was the real Snoke all along and just pretending to be retarded

He had the potential to be something like an actual menace and threat to the heroes who have to become stronger to defeat him instead of making him just be someone who has to die in a stupid manner because of the sith mythology of the apprentice having to kill his master in any way possible. Even though the film did the most it could to avoid talking about the sith mythology while also ripping it off from the other trilogies

Palpatine didn't die anticlimactically in the middle of the trilogy, in act 2 no less
Fuck off

Not in the slightest. My stance is that the only decent SW movies are IV and V. VI is decent.
I enjoyed R1 and III aware of their problems.
That's about it. My wish is that no prequel or sequel have been ever made.

>VI is decent.
Literally what?

The Emperor is also mentioned in ANH

if Vader HAD killed Palpatine in ESB to bring the Empire under his command, you'd be complaining about how TLJ is still too much like the original movies while slobbing on George's knob for being so clever and cool

Sorry the only good are IV and V, VI is decent.
Jedi has lot of bad stuff, included space bears.
And some far fetched moment in the battle. Still nice.

Do it then you cuck and present it to Disney and show us what you're capable of didn't think so.

He has the potential to be imitation Sidious because that's all he was ever designed to be. The new trilogy is entirely derivative. He was never going to do anything beyond a Sidious impression.

>they wasted on Finn and Rose doing nothing to progress the plot to make Snoke a more interesting character.
The character of Benicio Del Toro is way more interesting than Snoke, a one-dimensional movie villain like we've seen in a hundred other movies.

Pure conjecture based on an if

Assumptions make an ass out of you and me.

Having a shitty death, not explaining background, and not having special parents... it's just like real life itself.

These three points were the only good things of the movie.

Only way to redeem this shit writing is to say that The Son of Snoke was able to manipulate the death of his father so he could take control of the First Order.

What kind of fan edits will exist for the Disney movies? Will anyone even give a shit to make one?

>present it to Disney
Sure. Tell me how I can properly contact their film team and I'll do it.

Last Jedi was great, but not as great as the delicious Star Wars nerd tears it has caused.

His character was utterly useless, it was just nice because its benico del toro reading lines in his charming voice that everyone loves to hear. Which is pretty much the same for Andy Serkis but they wasted him too and now left us with only Kylo who in his current state still only works as a side character vader lite despite all their attempts to try and make Kylo seem like he isnt just Vader

>Will anyone even give a shit to make one?
I think the people that care enough will avoid doing it so their defence of TLJ looks genuine

I'm guessing "the racist fan edit" to get rid of Finn and Rose. And also probably the "misogynist fan edit" to get rid of women characters so that the movie is only 10 mins long.

someone will cut out the shit humor

user, you are just being treated with contempt.
If this makes you feel happy, more power to you.

Being pushed out as the main antagonist.

a soyboy?

>No argument
The emperor was properly established as the Emperor of the Galactic Empire and in episode 5 was shown to be a Sith like Vader and Vader's true master with the force. Meanwhile Snoke was set up to be someone who has seen many key events of the Star Wars universe and is adept at the Dark side but is not a Sith.

yes

Did Motti do something wrong? We eventually arrived at fuck the Sith and Jedi right?

It was an endless parade of cheap bait and switches, this film is so schizophrenic and has such little respect for anything TFA did that it hurts.

Sure, TFA wasn't perfect, but at least it didn't trivialize either of the other trilogies. TLJ mixes with TFA like oil mixes with water.

Snoke was shit, and Rian killing him off was top kek

>nerd tears

No...I actually felt how some of Louis CK's female relations must have felt after leaving the theater: confused, mildly disturbed, and pitying. Some amazement that such a high dollar franchise could be turned over to a hack like Johnson, too...

You thought it was great? Really?

Exactly
Snoke was a stupid puppet with a Harry Potter name.
Fuck Snoke.

There are people in this thread who wanted Snoke to yield a lightsaber and have a climactic battle with Luke Skywalker. Just why?

He'll come back in episode IX. You should watch the throne room escene again. He knew that Kylo was going to kill him using the lightsaber .

Because it's cool.

At least he showed up at the end of the trilogy.

Imagine if that scene happened in Empire Strikes Back before Vader left for the cloud city, except Luke wasn't there and had absolutely nothing to do with him getting killed, and then RotJ plays out the same way. At least Palpatine got to do stuff. Snoke didn't even get a chance.

fuck you

With Snoke being dead its so obvious how its going to end

>Kylo takes over
>Ren and Kylo meet
>They fuck
>Kylo turns good
>The end

No, fuck you. Stupid asshole.

He's a match for Rey now. They split a lightsaber in two. In the blast, no one won, it was left as some sort of tie and then somehow Chewie came and picked up Rey.

>dude I saw a movie didn't like that's like being raped

you are just the worst kind of person

user you replied to here. If this is what you like, there are plenty of acrobatic lightsaber battles in the prequels. Feel free to revisit those.

his backstory is explained in the prequels

What you don't know is that snoke is a sentient force parasite that takes over a new body after a short incubation period when he is killed.

It all went according to his plan and he now resides in Rey.
His previous host was Emperor Palpatine.

See? It's this easy to salvage these broken plot points, all you have to do is have a good director on the next movie.

Is that the bad guy from SAW?

Good point.

>the prequels already existed the weekend RotJ came out

oh thanks

>It's this easy to salvage these broken plot points, all you have to do is have a good director on the next movie.
So they're relying on someone making a trilogy good during the third film? Why doesn't this seem like a good plan

Wouldn't he be old enough to know the power of the Jedi? They were militarized in the Clone Wars.