Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

You, for watching.

You know, Quagmire unloading on Brian works fine here, but the fact that it became a recurring thing that Brian literally can not win with Quagmire got real old real quick. The Christmas episode where Brian accidentally insults Quagmire's niece is fucking painful because the entire situation is designed to give Quagmire justifiable reason to hate Brian even more despite the fact that it was a simple goddamn misunderstanding.

Brian does enough shit to be hated for, there's no need to invent new situations.

The one who ordered ketchup with their steak.

Why does this damn dog even exists

Holy kek. That's so fucking subtle, I love it.

FPBP

Anyone who needs everyone to like them deserves whatever they get when they try to make anyone like them.

It doesn't even matter what the rapist said to the other rapist. He literally asked for it.

This goes for you, too, Bojack.

Brian is somewhat liked/tolerated despite being an alcoholic sponge. They had to give Quagmire a specific reason to not buy in to the "lovable roustabout" shtick or have him look like the unreasonable asshole in the situation.

The writers, for ever inflicting it upon us.

Oh, sorry, meant to say, Brian exists because Seth wanted a self-deprecating mouthpiece. He's almost exactly Seth painted in an incredibly negative light.

I don't think Family Guy has any characters left that could be considered 'right' at anything or even 'human' at this point.

Wasn't this like the first episode where Quagmire decided to act like a dick for no reason?

Both from my perspective. Brian knew full well the terrible shit he's done and how much Quagmire hates him, and yet he still insists on bringing him to a god damn steak dinner anyway; he was practically setting himself up to get roasted like a dead hog. On the other side, Quagmire's rant was hypocritical as fuck as the stuff he has done over the series has been arguably worse then what he called Brian out for.

>Brian knew full well the terrible shit he's done and how much Quagmire hates him, and yet he still insists on bringing him to a god damn steak dinner anyway
To be fair, at its core there's nothing necessarily wrong with trying to make amends with someone who dislikes you. Brian just didn't seem to realize that apparently Quagmire's loathing of him goes so deep that a steak dinner isn't nearly enough.

Brian was being an asshole, but Quagmire is literally a fucking rapist where does he get off chewing out anyone?

Gold.

Well played.

fpbp to be honest, family

The staff members because Glenn has had past interactions with Brian.

Also can someone shop their heads into this?

The writers.

Even worse than this, they go through hoops to continue trying to make Brian shittier and shittier from this episode on to justify all the stuff Quagmire said.

Brian was ADAMANT about his son staying with him but now he puts off his son because he's a "bad dad".

Basically they just bring all his worse traits to an extreme to justify people not liking him.

Quagmire is right, but who is HE that he thinks he is in the right to complain.

Sometimes I wish either Brian or another character would direct a similar rant at Quagmire.

Quagmire had some points, but really he was the last person to throw stones. I mean who cares if Brian is a hypocrite when sitting next to a rapist that they're all fine with watching go from girl to girl spreading as much disease as possible.

Wrong. Family Guy is secretly a patrician show.

Oh , it is this thread again...

The rapist will never, ever, ever have the moral high ground for me.

Both are rapists Glenn at least admits and accepts it and doesn't act like he isn't unlike Brian

And that makes him one to talk?

Both of them were unlikeable enough for me to stop watching altogether

Baiting Quagmire into coming to the dinner by lying was a shit thing to do but the whole setup of having the whacky sociopath character schooling a character who's just kind of a douche on his morality is retarded.

>I may be a rapist but at least I'm an HONEST rapist!

Quagmire was perfectly spot on here.

All Brian does is pretend to be a cool/caring guy to women when all he cares about is fucking them then moving on to the next piece of ass.

fuck brian

I like it in an absurd kind of way.

Like the one guy who thinks you're a scumbag is a rapost and it's mostly because of a series of misunderstandings.

But then again, I enjoyed the Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret.

Kind of. It's the difference between the guy who fuck you over, but makes it obvious he dowsnt like you vs the guy who fucks you over but smiles to your face the whole time and acts like he's perfect and can't understand why you're so upset with him.

>Ayy gurl wanna fuck
>sure

vs

>going on 3 dates, "oh man i really love you so much, you're my everything", showering with gifts, "oh man we might have a future together"
>fuck
>"lol bye"

One is being honest, and both know what they're getting into. The other is manipulating the other party into thinking there's something deep going on and potentially a relationship.

Nobody but none of them were right

Brian needed someone to shit on him

Quagmire was the wrong person to have do that

Not to sound like Mr.Enter but Glenn's a fucking rapist and a sexual harasser. He's just as bad as Brian.

Just ad bad if he were to actually deny it.

People accept bad behavior a lot more willingly from people who will admit they're doing wrong than they will from people that try to be sneaky about it.

Quagmire was wrong to say that him being a creep and a rapist was fine because he's honest about his degeneracy, but Brian was in desperate need of a verbal smackdown.

On the other hand, it's a cartoon, as long as they're all complete shitheads it's cool.

He literally fucked a dead body once.

I don't think Quagmire was excusing his degeneracy, so much as he was noting his honesty about being a degenerate, which is more than Brian has ever done. Quagmire knows and admits he is a degenerate. Brian is a degenerate, but he acts like he is not and never owns up to it.

Shoulda had Joe do it.

He actually has moral high ground, and they had several moments of friendship spoiled by Brian in the past.

Both of them are shitty people.

Also this.

So the writers realized everyone hates Brain and turned him into the biggest sad sack sociopath just after Peter.
Now Quagmire is the angry writer's pet. How long until we get a Quagmire roast?

Put me in the screencap.

Have they not done an episode where Quagmire goes to jail, and gets registered?

Not for being a rapist but just for being so angry and cynical all the time

FPBP like always

>they had several moments of friendship spoiled by Brian in the past.
What did he do?

My god this would be so fucking satisfying. I've wanted to see Brian call out Quagmire for a while. Everybody puts up with Quagmire, but shits on Brian incessantly to the point where he's barely even in the show except to talk to Stewie.

Not soon enough, this shit was comedy gold and if Brian roasted Quagmire it'd probably be even funnier.

I think we can all agree that Brian and Jillian breaking up was one of the worst mistakes the show ever made, as Brian being single again is one of the biggest factors in his plots becoming so insufferable these days

That scene is just Seth acknowledging that Brian is his fursona and then not going the extra mile and writing Brian to be funny/interesting again. I fucking hate what this shit-ass show has become.

Welp, he's got a point, OP.

Ikr fuck this show.

>What did he do?
Cucked him.

Every character in this show is so fucking boring and unpleasant. Why does it get such high ratings with normies again? I can't think of much else besides Zombie Simpsons that manages to simultaneously dull and shrill.

>implying the unpaid interns who write for Family Guy give enough of a toss to actually put effort into the script

Adults mostly put it on as background noise when there's nothing else to watch and they just want to waste 22 minutes.

Children are the main audience who love this, thinking the violence, gore and cursing is cruise control for cool.

Family Guy is background noise, it'd be on the tv while someone is surfing the web, doing jobs in the house, when friends are over and to have something in the background. If normies realized what shit they were watching, they'd turn it off

That doesn't make things better. In fact, it probably makes things worse.

Brian is a staunch Liberal, that makes him wrong by default, in all things, forever.

In October 2001, Seth MacFarlane met with the families of 9/11 victims. After a brief interview in which he expressed his condolences and hope for closure, he reportedly burst out laughing and made airplane noises and mimicked two planes crashing. He then picked up the child of a deceased victim and whispered into her ear "Your dad's dead, bitch", and proceeded to put on a pair of sunglasses and unleash a barrage of martial arts attack on the small child. She was rushed to the hospital where she was pronounced dead due to extreme trauma. When asked later about the incident, MacFarlane became visibly sexually aroused and repeated the same attack on the reporter.

There's nothing wrong with being a liberal. Brian is more of a neo-liberal.

I'm liking this pasta

What did they mean by this?

Quagmire should be on the sex-offenders list, so he has no right judging someone elses morale. Quagmire.

I honestly expected one of those far too long laughs from Brian after Quagmire's rant followed by something similar to this run-on paragraph:

"surprised i hit on Lois? you now how hot she is, don't think I don't smell her hair you've been gathering for that effegy you're slamming together. you don't think I can't smell that thing in your house amongst all the skanks and asians, I was a drug sniffing dog for the police after all. And my kid is doing fine, thank you, even with out me, how are yours? oh, do I need to be specific? how many unwed mothers have you left to fly off into the sunset or at least to the next airport to have a layover during a layover? you want to degrade me for dateing bimboes? at least I have a type, witch includes the wiling. but in all seriousness, i'm impressed you work down at the old soup kitchen, goes to show you're and equal opportunity bonerer because you can easily say you took any girl you meet there home after you kick her out of your house. I'm surprise you don't have them all leave thru the back door what with living two houses down from a cop, how you find the time to seduce, rape, imprision, chicks and hang out with Joe is beyond my understanding, what with being a dog and all, being to busy doing dog things like dedicating on your, er Petter's lawn. but when I do find time in my busy dog life I can at least have interests beyond humping the nearest leg, but I guess that just makes me a terrible person, have thoughts and opinions about things I don't understand. but thank you, Glenn Quagmire, what I truly needed was for a pedophilic serial rapist necrophiliac disease spreading child abandoning pilot to tell.me my faults.bbi bet your dad is so proud of you, can't wait to meet him."

It should have been a one episode thing and the dropped after that. Because after this, every encounter was basically Quagmire throwing the first punch.

they basically did the same thing they did with Meg. Find out that a good portion of the fans hate that character, and instead of attempting to make them better they just go " see guys we hate this character like you do!" and it's just shot after shot at that character or they become shitty.

That episode where Quagmire beat the shit out of Brian for having sex with his tranny dad(something Brian wasn't even aware of until after the fact) was worse

>they basically did the same thing they did with Meg. Find out that a good portion of the fans hate that character, and instead of attempting to make them better they just go " see guys we hate this character like you do!" and it's just shot after shot at that character or they become shitty.
didn't they tone that back?
I stopped watching FG long ago but I heard so from Sup Forums

but he's a rapists

>Quagmire knows and admits he is a degenerate
see

One thing that I hate about the Kid part of his rant is the fact that Quagmire plans to sleep with his daughter when she is of age.

Okay, hands down. They are undeniably the biggest pieces of shit in the show.

Lame and gay. Brian deserves all the shit coming to him and for that I enjoy the later episodes. Same with Glenn. I like that the show is basically selfdestructing. Its unique among cartoon to see characters go downhill so hard, and everybody getting corrupted. Waiting anxiously for the day Peter and Lois will divorce. Only to get back together over a flimsy shity reason, and they both acknowledge it.

fuck me you bakas are dense

>who is Quagmire to complain!?

he was the other person at a two man dinner and he hated the first man. that's it. he didn't make the rant from a moral high horse. brian literally asked him "why don't you like me" so quag let him have it

yeah yeah the writers created the situation. but still y'all are being intentionally obtuse

Anyone who had a hand in making this show

Seth for missing his flight.

Quagmire is a hypocrite. Where does he get off criticising Brian as a father when he gave his baby daughter away, because she was interfering with him getting laid?

The fuck he does, he was originally the voice of reason for the family, having actual intellect and soothing the trials and tribulations that Peter either delt with or brought upon himself. he was mans' best friend. then they rewrote his charactor into this insufferable shit bag.

But Glenn? he's been a sexual deviant to the tenth degree from the beginning.

Quagmire just roofies his dates.

quagmire has been implyed to be a rapist but since its family guy that could just be a funny joke you never know
when you take out rape there is nothing wrong with the way he lives his life, he has a job, he likes no string attached sex, he hast tried to fuck lois in forever so yeah he stopped that bullshit, brian didnt
Brian is a piece of shit, he has a family, he has a son, if you want to be an asshole who only cares about himself thats fine but do it alone

thats because now brian and old brian are two different characters
Old brian had a lot of guilt, guilt for not finishing college, guilt for for not having a job, guilt for his failed relationships and guilt for not living up to his own standars. When he was an ass and felt bad about it it was belivable because fucking up and feeling guilty was what he did, there was this big episode where its revealed he kept a gun (inside a bank, dont ask me how that makes sense) in case he couldnt take it and wanted to commit suicide
New brian is an asshole that just wants you to think he is actually good to get away with being an asshole

took the words right out of my mouth

Peter and Louis have already cheated on each other and are emotionally dead inside most of the time.

There's nothing wrong with ketchup and steak ya bastard.

Ketchup doesn't taste good on anything, you Skub lover.

You turned against God over a matter of pride. Have you tried offering him a steak dinner to get back into the club?

people who say this must only have tasted sweet ketchup in their lives

that's your fault for not making better ketchup
you do make your own ketchup, right?

rekt

Ketchup tastes amazing on fries.

Quagmire.
He shouldn't give Brian shit for anything, Brian might be in love with Lois but he nearly never acts on it, Quagmire tries to sleep with her as soon he thinks Peter is out of the picture.
Brian might be shitty dad but he at least has the benefit of not knowing his son existed until he was 13 and even then Brian took in Dylan and turned him into a model citizen, to the point Dylan left because he wanted to help his mom the Brian helped him.
Where as Quagmire is fully aware he has children and the one time he had take responsibility he tried to hoist the baby off to the Griffin's and gave up for adoption only because he couldn't get laid.
And so what he dates women for their bodies? Hell he might be in denial about it but Quagmire is a rapist who's fully aware and is completely proud of it.

>sugary tomato puree
>tasting bad

Basically impossible

>Hell he might be in denial about it but Quagmire is a rapist who's fully aware and is completely proud of it.
Which is precisely what makes Brian worse than Quagmire. Quagmire knows what he's doing is wrong but he simply doesn't give a shit and just rolls with it without putting on an air of pompous superiority.
Brian on the other hand is the exact same but has the gall to act righteous as if he's never done anything wrong in his life.

Both of them. Quagmire is a rapist, had never been to a soup kitchen, and has already ruined one family's marriage and is trying to ruin another. In addition to fucking their daughter.

Brian is s bastardized version of what he should have been as a character, but having fucking Quagmire, of all people, deliver that message is fucking retarded