Stephen Universe good?

Can someone give me a rundown on Stephen Univers, is it any good? My brother shills the everlasting fuck out of this show and I'm wondering if he is on to something

Other urls found in this thread:

vader1717.tumblr.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The show is pretty good but the fan base is the worst I've ever seen. It's like if tumblr and bronies had a baby they tried aborting.

This is like asking Sup Forums if you should buy a game, instead of simply torrenting and trying out yourself

show is shit and cancer suck a dick and kill yourself instead of watching it.
t. jasperfag

It's Dragon Ball Z but the aliens are all emotional lesbians and Goku is a fat stupid idiot

Maybe, but this show is about 40 hours of cartoon so I think it's reasonable to ask if it is any good before getting invested

How is Sup Forums's SU fans different from any other fanbase here?
It's all just waifu faggotry

if you are mentally ill you might like it

It's honestly not that great. The designs are inconsistent and not that great to begin with, the storyboard artists and animators go off model regularly, and the animation quality is exactly what you'd expect for being shipped off to the cheapest shop in Korea.

Additionally the show insists on a J.J. Abrams "mystery box" approach whenever it wants to be serious, meaning if there's a plot point expect to wait literally a year or more for it to be addressed. They get away with this by saying essentially every character is lazy and refuses to ask questions.

It's honestly not that great a show, and the only reason Sup Forums latched onto it is because there wasn't much that was actually good airing when it first premiered.

It's pretty gay.

Literally, it's a vehicle for LGBT themes.

So Goku, but fat.

>How is Sup Forums's SU fans different from any other fanbase here?

it's not, but if you're not part of the fandom or if you have a differing opinion of someone else in the fandom they act like complete fucking niggers and it gets tiring after a while.
especially when there are 30 different threads on Sup Forums about the same show.

It's not bad. Not great either. Would be better if the people working on it weren't incompetent retards.

It's sweet and charming in the beginning, but it declines pretty hard after the first season. Watch Laser Light Canon and if you don't like any of what you see, drop it.

goku with down syndrome instead of brain damage from head trauma

>if you have a differing opinion of someone else in the fandom they act like complete fucking niggers
AKA par for the course for Sup Forums

>AKA par for the course for Sup Forums
yeah that's why I said

>How is Sup Forums's SU fans different from any other fanbase here?

>it's not,

I definitely has its ups, but for where it is right now, I'd say it has more downs than ups. They could potentially still turn it around if the writers focus on their established strengths, but the chances of that look pretty slim.

>How many chromosome pairs do humans have again? 24 or 23? It's 23, isn't it? Fuck.

Watch it

no u

this, but prepare for mediocrity post gemdrill

I like the newer episodes when they're cosmic stuff, but not when they're about, like, the local fry salesman eating a salad.

Every time I try to watch it, I get a couple episodes in and eventually can't take Steven's character anymore so I give up. I get that he's supposed to be an annoying little brother type but after a while it's too much for me and I start to hate him.

Pretty much this. Also get used to the fact that any male in the show is a joke character and will either be fat, stupid or a pushover.

do the same thing you'd do for any other show

watch the first three episodes and see if you want to watch more or not, otherwise drop it

it's only 33 minutes

Tries to be a slice of life show and having an overarching plot at the same time. Both waste so much time. The lack of conflict wouldn't seem bad if they did not hype homeworld up to be the BIG BAD GUY. Hell, throw these guys in and the story would be at least interesting.

if you use the word "shill" to describe somebody recommending you something you should probably just go ahead and end your life

>Also get used to the fact that any male in the show is a joke character and will either be fat, stupid or a pushover.

Looks like somebody has a victim complex.

>any male in the show is a joke character and will either be fat, stupid or a pushover
Why are Sup Forums babies so sensitive about male representation?

Because Sup Forums is the tumblr of Sup Forums.

Real thoughts from a fan.
This show is the definition of a bumpy ride.
Sometimes the eps are pure gold sometimes there a complete waste of time.
But the good in my opinion outways the bad.
Recently this season has been a bit more miss then hit but there's still plenty to look forward to and the new bomb looks sick.
If you are at all into comfy scfi with interesting lore and fun characters give it a go.

>Real thoughts from a fan.
lol no they don't exist

it gey

It is 23

It's one of the most inconsisent cartoons I could think of.

Depends on your taste, the show is okay in the beginning but takes off around season 2. Decline in quality in S4, though

it depends on what you like in a show
theres some bits and pieces of shonen style writing that pop up every once in a while, and thats what I look for. the vibe is really really comfy 24/7, the voice acting is usually pretty good, the characters are pretty well rounded. the background art is god damn amazing. the idea of the personalities being based off the aesthetic of their gems is a super neat concept

cons:
a lot of the characters are super dull or annoying, there are many pointless episodes, the animation and art is inconsistent and theres a lot of singing but only like two good songs throughout the series

so you never watched the show then? Because you literally didn't describe any of the major male characters

Everything is good if you lower your standards.
Aka having shit taste :DDDDDD

Season 1 is an awesome reversal of the "magical girl" genre where the protagonist is a goofy boy and his aunts are the established/capable super group. Monster of the week with hints that there's something larger going on. Few threats are larger than "the town will get destroyed"
Season 2 dips in quality. It feels like Steven becomes a capable fighter overnight, monster of the week switches to 'drawn out global catastrophe'. Severity of threats makes a major leap from 'town' to 'galactic'.
Season 3 barely anything happens, quality continues to dip.
Season 4 nothing happens, quality on par with S3.

I would watch up until "Jail Break" and then stop.

Short run down its about a magical boy being raised by his magic sisters slowly learning about his powers as well as his family's troubling and dangerous past

That is basically the show, watch season 1A, or if you wanna just skip a bit just go watch Mirror Gem and Ocean Gem and if you aren't interested by then, the show just isn't for you

C'mon, Sup Forums

You can't just tell one group that asking for representation is entitled and wrong then turn around and bitch when it's your group getting the short straw

I mean, you can. But it'd be retarded

Correct.

>Steven is useless
>Greg is a deadbeat

It's alright. Sup Forums bashes on it because Tumblr loves it and Sup Forums loves to hate anything that another site loves (see Rick&Morty and Reddit), but it's alright. Some episodes are good (Mirror/Ocean Gem, Maximum Capacity, Cry For Help), and some episodes...aren't. If anything, you can just watch a few episodes from any part of the first season, figure out what you do and don't like about it, and skip the episodes that you don't like.

How dare you slander Greg in this fashion

Now that I am obviously basically a God plesse tell me more about representation.

oh. you wanna find a true VICTIM.

Maybe because you're so pissy about Mind of Darth Vader. Remember the good old days?

It's absolute trash and now even its old fans are beginning to hate it.

vader1717.tumblr.com

>greg, not a fat stupid pushover
>steven, not fat and stupid
Name one that isn't some shitty minor bg character then.

At worst its a fine comfy comedy show with occasional acceptable to good action and girthy if not actually all that deep lore.

Great designs tho.

He isn't, it's bad.