Isn't it sad that Chis Avellone is a better writer than anyone Disney could possibly hire?

Isn't it sad that Chis Avellone is a better writer than anyone Disney could possibly hire?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KlcaAVUF1uU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not really. Disney isn't renowned for its writers or its ability to pull off twists on its established franchises.

>muh character development
>muh well thought out plot-lines
>muh themes of finding hope in nihilism and the fractal moral landscape
>muh...
well yeah, its pretty good.

For an unfinished game KOTOR-II was fucking god tier.

It's even better with the Restored Content "mod" (really it's a patch).

This scene, for example, is absolutely integral to the story of the series.

pic unrelated

wasn't that good but I doubt there were many hr reps at lucasarts busting balls about getting fat asians into the plot

knights of the old republic 1&2 are on sale at steam
are they worth getting?

Look, I've beaten Kotor 1 at least a dozen times. Between Steam and the iOS version I probably have 500+ hours on the game. It's my favorite Star Wars game of all time, hell favorite game, with Jedi Outcast most likely in second place. That said, Kotor 2 is not a perfect game. The dialogue is clunky, and even with the restored content mod the game is missing a lot of things especially in the second half. Just rooms upon rooms that are completely empty.

Not sure where I'm going with this but basically as a huge Star Wars fan and huge kotor fan, kotor 2 isn't that good. Don't get me wrong I still replay it every now and then, it's fun just not as polished as the first one.

Absolutely.

To even put KOTOR 1 in the same league as 2 is just mental. KOTOR is a dull rehashing of the movies while 2 is one of the most experimental things to ever come out of Star Wars.

KOTOR 1 was interesting becuase you're a sithlord with his memory wiped

KotOR 1 and KotOR 2 are essentially two very different games.

KotOR1 is a nice remake of the OT, and it's your classical SW swashbuckling/redemption story.
KotOR 2 is all about the adventure, reconciling with the mistakes of the past and finding your place in the galaxy.

>KOTOR is a dull rehashing of the movies
You know what's really mental, user? Calling KOTOR1 a "dull rehashing". I mean, sure, it most certainly draws A LOT of inspiration from OT, but it's far from being dull.

>becuase you're a sithlord with his memory wiped

And what did that really add to the story?

Oh wow, you're a guy that popped up in a couple of flashbacks and dreams who one or two characters mentioned as being the previous Sith Lord in charge of the enemy. Suddenly, wow what a twist! I'm suddenly supposed to go from being a faceless goon to a former Sith Lord, and i'm now supposed to care about beating Malak due to a personal animosity I don't give two shits about.

Meanwhile in 2, your backstory permeates every single part of the plot, is essential to pretty much all of its themes and is slowly expanded on over the course of the game instead of some silly twist.

>no Yuuzhan Vong
>no rise and rule of Darth Krayt
Disney could've picked anything from the already existing EU, instead they did this.

is the dark side storyline any good? i've only played it through twice, but i could never bring myself to go dark side because i loved the way the light side story played out.

I actually think KOTOR 1 hangs together somewhat better than 2, However what's really interesting/depressing is that 2 is basically everything TLJ wants to be, but better.

>Republic hanging on the abyss
>a small breeze could knock it over
>enemies coming out of the shadows to eradicate the last of the Jedi

You're right.

>I actually think KOTOR 1 hangs together somewhat better than 2
Well... yes. It's a complete game after all.

I'm pretty sure it's basically the same thing only Kriea is more mad at you

I think KOTOR2 was fantastic, particularly given that it wasn't finished.
I wish there was a fan film of it or something. Disney will NEVER do anything like that.

About 80% of the plot of KotOR could be skipped by placing a tracer on a Sith Warship, or just stowing away.

Ultimately when you make an RPG you have to assume you're going to be strung around with a bunch of random subplot while you level up or whatever. It's safe to imagine a KOTOR movie would leave out the part where you play pazaak for an hour to buy better gloves or some shit

Pure Pazaak