ApuTrilogy by Satyajit Ray

Are these Indian movies any good? I've literally never heard of them but I saw them listed on some "top movies" lists. Sup Forums never mentions them either

I've only seen the third one and it was pretty damn good

It's great, but not for everyone. Funny enough it kind of reminds me of some of Fellini's work, so if you like those then chances are you like the Apu trilogy.

>indian movies
>good

doubt it

Well they aren't EBIN sci-fi, fantasy, or crime drama. So to you and every moron on Sup Forums, they're shit.

nope

>not for everyone

Who is it not for?

the first one was very good the second one was so-so.

it's basically about a poor family in a small indian village, don't know if that sounds interesting to you

I'm skeptical because I don't watch movies that aren't in color.

The Sneed Trilogy is better.

most people on Sup Forums

Everyone.

Yes, they are, all of them. Watch.

I'll have to check it out after I watch the Chuck's prequel trilogy

yes they're very good.

first is best.

Yes, they're three of the greatest films ever made.

If you listen to what people tell you the films are about, you might not watch them, but I think you'd be making a mistake. They're about the human condition. I'm not, as a rule, interested in films that focus people facing economic difficulties, but some great films begin from just that situation. It's always the "how" with cinema, never the "what".

i liked the third best

Ray is the farthest from Bollywood shit you can get.

Yes. The Music Room is god tier, Chess Players is also very good.

>there's actually a trilogy called Apoo
Thank you come again!

nah i liked charulata more

Ray would have agreed with you about 99% of Indian films, which is one reason why he's one of the greats. Kurosawa said watching his films was like seeing the sun or the moon.

Simpsons Apu was named after Apu trilogy Apu.

Uhhhhh Apu is problematic, like seriously baka

DESIGNATED

SHART
IN
MART

They're literally "a poo"

sounds like a toplad
will check him out