Cap a Nazi

>Cap a Nazi
>Watchmen in Batman

Sup Forums, you probably heard this a lot now, but what the fuck is going on in the comic book world right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

avclub.com/article/captain-america-fascist-batman-has-shitty-watchmen-254036
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Why is Watchmen interacting with this Multiverse it has always been a part of!

/thread

>Sup Forums, you probably heard this a lot now
Not really. A good section of Sup Forums actually reads comics and aren't giant casuals. The rest are just moviefags.

>Multiverse it has always been a part of

Always? Really, Always?

Stupid decisions, nostalgia pandering and a handful of actually good books. Like always.

There are no good ideas left for characters that were created upwards of 50 years ago.

How surprising. How unusual.

>A good section of Sup Forums actually reads comics

Why?

Since its inception, yes.

nigger, did you forgot the promo for countdown arena that had TDKR batman punching the shit out of Rorschach ?

To make you angry.

>there are no good writers left in the genre who are willing to make stories with at least some substance rather than more flashy (no pun intended) shit.
FTFY.
I miss JMS' Spider-Man.

yeah

>right now
>implying it hasn't been like this since the 50s

That was just fan created artwork commissioned by Wizard magazine, I thought.

It was.

Obligatory hydra aren't nazis,they existed before hitler and have had leaders that disagreed or agreed with nazism on occasion

>hydra aren't nazis

Irrelevant

well right now marvel is trying something new and different with a popular character and DC is fucking retarded and desperately trying to get more readers to save their failing company

>JMS Spider-man

Oh yeah. PEAK writing there.

Spiderman getting being REBORN out of a spiders wombs was such HIGH ART.

You disgust me.

I see you just noticed the AV Club article, didn't you?

avclub.com/article/captain-america-fascist-batman-has-shitty-watchmen-254036

Yeah I saw that dumb AV Club article as well user.
>avclub.com/article/captain-america-fascist-batman-has-shitty-watchmen-254036

Nice try, Marvel intern

>LOL LET'S ATTACK ONE ARC AND IGNORE ALL THE QUALITY CHARACTER WRITING, DIALOGUE AND HUMOR THE SERIES HAD
Fuck off and kill yourself, retard.
>You disgust me.
Believe me, that is mutual.

they waffle around on that.

its just hard to shake the nazism angle when most of the well remembered leaders and members are Nazis (Skull, Strucker, Zola)

Shit has always been this way in comic books, this is nothing compared to other events.

Yes. And I was aware of the Nazi cap stuff, but not the batman stuff, and thought it interesting that both companies are going down such dumb paths at the same time.

But I'm ignorant right now. Is the Cap story being well received elsewhere? I've looked at the other threads here now and it's looking like no.

Even without reading I know the Batman shit is trash.

He probably likes Slott's Spider-Man

JMS' Spider-Man made me feel like I was reading about a grown up, real person.

I haven't felt that way about Spider-Man since.

It's clear you don't follow either of those, because so far both of them have been real good.

>But I'm ignorant right now. Is the Cap story being well received elsewhere?

No.

And he Batman stuff only just started now but had stuff set up in last year's Rebirth issue. The reason no one cared then is because the references were bare. You don't actually see Dr. Manhattan but you get hints that he's the one responsible for a lot of shit that's happened since the New 52. While it's comparitively better than Batman getting into a fistfight with Watchmen characters I'm not paying for it.

Creativity is dead.

boo hoo

>Is the Cap story being well received elsewhere?
It's being well received by people that read comics, and being called the worst thing to ever happen in the history of fiction by people who don't read comics. Unfortunately, the number of people that don't read comics vastly outnumber the tiny handful that do, so the end result is that most of the response is overwhelmingly negative.

But who cares what a bunch of MCUfags on twitter and attention-seeking bloggers say.

Damn you're a dumb piece of shit. Don't ever bother making a thread on this board again.

I read comics and I think it's pretty shit

>Normals watch MCU movies
>Thinks Cap's a cool guy
>Checks out the recent comics
>Cap's gone all Hail Hydra
>Normals go 'what the fuck' and quickly lose interest in anything comic-related to cap
And Marvel wonders why their present comic sales are tanking.

The same thing every day, Pinky.
Try to turn heads and make sales.

So you'd be okay if Edward Cullen showed up in NYC because Spider-Man once mentioned Twilight?

Characters being real isn't suddenly okay just because fictionalized versions of those same characters exist.

>make sales.
Who wants to read about a nazi?

Well there's no accounting for tastes.

So you're saying that Marvel's sales are doing poorly because they're not pandering enough to "the normals"?

>So you're saying that Marvel's sales are doing poorly because they're not pandering enough to "the normals"?
I mean it's one viewpoint. Take America that book panders to Mexican Lesbians What percentage of Mexico qualifies as that? let alone the amount who would buy a comic.

They aren't. Marvel's Iron Fist is the most watched Netflix show because it does.

White men is still normal, no matter what the internet might think.

Your example is flawed. Twilight has no connection to the Marvel universe. a pop culture reference does not make a multiverse.

Rorschach was directly based off the Question.

Not even the first time DC metatexually referenced other variations of the same or similar characters.

Barry Allen's first appearance has him reading an old Flash (Jay Garrick) comic. and then several issues later we get FLASH OF TWO WORLDS.

And all of this is dancing around the fact that the Watchmen characters have yet to be mentioned or seen at all in Rebirth. The most there's been is the button and lots of visual themeing and symbolism around that story without ever actually directly referencing it. As terrible an idea as this was, it's played it pretty well so far and has thrived by sticking to vague references and drawing more from the symbolism than the actual story.

But we'll have to see where it all goes.

Look at the current Suicide Squad, each of its members is made up of someone who was in one of the DCEU movies and Harley's look changed the moment the trailers were released.

Harley was in Suicide Squad because SHE achieved mainstream popularity, not the other way around

The Harley in SS now is the Harley from the SS movie, that cannot be denied.

That's why I excluded her with a more direct example of pandering to normies by making her a mirror copy of her movie version.

no, the Harley in the SS movie is the Harley from her pre-movie solo. Her look is from the movie, but she was in the movie in the first place because she took off in the comics in an almost-unprecedented way

>in the comics
The Arkham games had comics? We're they as bad as the games?

but not immediately after its inception because dc didn't wan't blue beetle to have erectile dysfunction.

Just don't read marvel or DC, problem solved.

Not to mention Watchmen being a comic in DC totally fits since Multiversity stated that the comics of one universe are its own universe in the multiverse.

>but what the fuck is going on in the comic book world right now?
Whoring old characters for sales, same as the last 30 years.

This feels like crapy fanfiction.
Remember when Cap died and news stations covered how upset people where?
Remember when people actually gave that much of a fuck about comics.
That's never happening again...ever.

>>Remember when Cap died and news stations covered how upset people where

Marvel doesn't.

Arkham Knight Genesis was alright, I can't remember anything from the main one though.

>Not looking at the sales figures or movie gross numbers.

Nice try casual.

>>Cap a Nazi

He was never a Nazi

do you see a fucking swastika?

God damn you fucking shitsuckers will believe any rumor you hear without investigating for 5 minutes to verify anything

Creative desolation mixed with an almost tragically desperate need to make comics financially "relevant" again instead of both companies just being used as IP farms by their parent companies to make toys, cartoons, and films.

In both cases the effort will fail I'm afraid.

>Big two is all of comics

>Live action Archie is GrimDark
>Live action has no expendable members
>Live action Star-Lord is a clown

Worst timeline?

>implying Riverdale isn't GOAT

>what the fuck is going on in the comic book world right now?

Professor Zoom died. Again.

Bullshit. Alan Moore EXPLICITLY wanted Watchmen to NOT be set in DC Multiverse, and he even noted that this might hurt crossover potential, but he didn't want to get bogged down in inter-continuity bullshit.

And they both ended up with what they wanted.
Well, until just recently obviously, but Moore's not even involved so whatever.

>caring about what AV Club thinks
I'd rather read one of gawker media's subsidiaries than that tripe

That's bullshit. Watchmen was originally based on Charlton Comics heroes after DC bought them, but DC axed the idea, and Moore just changed the setting.

>The SJW Club
But why?

Nice try, fag.

you won't be satisfied until Doc Manhattan's blue penis gets a two page spread

If you have a person in the target market that is willing to try your books and potentially can mean thousands of dollars for you and you make them never want to try your books again due to what you're currently writing then yes marvel is in their current state due to not pandering. Dc has been pandering while also putting out stories that range from good too fantastic and because of it they've been having a lot of support from long time readers and normies.

Sorry, meant to say
>Live action Skwad has no expendable members.

The arkham city prequel books were fun but a lot of stuff published that's based after the second game fucks with continuity and will just make your head hurt

In case you haven't noticed, I'm weird. I'm a weirdo. I don't fit in. And I don't want to fit in. Have you ever seen me outside of this stupid website? THAT'S WEIRD.

Bravo Riverdale

>one meme makes the whole show bad
you could've at least gone after the Sticky Maple episode

Wew ladz. Calm down and read ur comixx

I don't think DC has done anything since One Million that really engaged me, except maybe Feankenstein, and I M a total nronze age marvel fag, but even I know the Watchmen merge was fucking inevitable.
If it didn't happen now, it would have happened later. That's cape comics.
I am confused about what people are angry about really.

apologists like you make me sick

Deathstroke is chucking his son.

*cucking

Stupid autocorrect

Watchmen wont really come over

Small references are fine, not Dr. Manhattan sticking his flacid blue dong into the universe

>what the fuck is going on in the comic book world right now?
They need money or they'll die

the only direct references to Watchmen thus far have been the Comedian's button and the logo from Laurie's perfume

it's entirely possible the Manhattan hints are all a red herring

You're both half-right. In Moore's proposal (back when it was Charlton heroes) he didn't want DC to make it another numbered Earth in the Multiverse. He was not completely adverse to crossovers such as doing a Captain Atom/Superman special like how the X-Men/New Teen Titans was a one-shot and not a recurring thing but still felt like putting his Charlton Earth in the Multiverse would have drawbacks, especially since he planned some set rules for that Earth.

Why? Isn't Marvel set for life already why do they need to sell comics so badly?

Marvel Comics/Entertainment and Marvel Studios are now two wholly separate entities

Nick Spencer Retire Bitch

Heh

I bet both OPs decided to start those threads because they saw that AV Club article.

already brought up ITT

I know, I won the bet

I only story time these comics and i think theyre pretty cool. I want Hydracap to win.