Deaths you wouldn't have minded as permanent canon

Deaths you wouldn't have minded as permanent canon.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Etst4t3ES8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=djgKkrYSojk
youtube.com/watch?v=H4_9kDO3q0w
m.youtube.com/watch?v=kIaqZh_gGz4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It is permanent canon on Earth-12.

I had a friend who had only seen the censored version of this and didn't find out till a decade later how hardcore Joker's death really was.

It still bothers me he died after a second "That's not".

His last word should have been "funny".

What do you mean permanent canon? It is permanent in the DCAU.

You mean universally canon? Like, canon in all multiverses?

youtube.com/watch?v=Etst4t3ES8Y

"That's not funny. That's not- hurk." I think his last word would have been "at all" had he been given the chance.

the last word is left to the viewer: funny.
i think it works

Stan Pines from Gravity Falls and Wreck It Ralph.

I swear when you go back on those decisions it permanently ruins those scenes.

youtube.com/watch?v=djgKkrYSojk

I like how DCAU Joker was never really a "personification of chaos" or something similar. At the end of the day he was just a hateful, spiteful bitch nigga who couldn't handle the banter.

>Stan Pines from Gravity Falls
Didn't die at all, though.
Simply had a memory wipe, which turned out to not be permanent for reasons.

I personally found his Arkham City pretty good too.
"You know what's funny? I would have still saved you."
"That IS pretty funny..."

His wipe should've been permanent, because it was literally said it would be.

But then it wasn't because fuck you.

Honestly why they brought it back like, 2 minutes after wiping it in such a bullshit way was fucking stupid.

They could have easily had him recall it with Stanford in the end to let it sink in, but no

It was ruined with the stupid scrapbook bullshit

Yeah thats a good end for the character too, either one works for me
I never got the Penguin funeral

:^)

It's toonami so I guess it counts
Anyone who says otherwise needs to remove Oda's dick from their mouth

youtube.com/watch?v=H4_9kDO3q0w

Even in his early comic days, Penguin has always had a strong affinity for birds. It's like how Catwoman and Batman show an affinity with cats and bats. The movie shows repeteadly how much he cares for the penguins in the sewer and how they were the only creatures that he cared about, and that cared about him. He refers to them as his babies at several points. Even after everyone abandoned him and he swore to kill everyone in Gotham, the penguins were still on his side.

So in the end, when all his plans had failed, when everyone had left him, and he died agonizing, the penguins were there to help put their master in the sewer that he came out of. It's a reminder of Oswald's tragic life.

Canon in the main universe

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kIaqZh_gGz4

I can't even remember the last cartoon with a serious death of someone important that didn't just resurrect the character for whatever reason they decide to give. It like they think that any level of sadness is bad so we have to make it so our cartoon has a perfect little ending with no problems whatsoever where everyone is happy and smiling at the end.

The main universe has no permanent canon. It's going to get rebooted every 5-10 years so the characters can stay modern.

The Diniverse getting made into Earth-12 is the best thing that can happen to it. It's the closest thing comics have to saying "this continuity happened over here and it's now etched in stone forever."

Interesting, I havent watched that just because the short clips I have seen didn't seem appealing to me, Ill make sure to take a closer look at it sometime soon

My biggest want for comics is for the writers to always strive for continuity in a series arc.

Maintain a collection of a series for a period of time be it 1 year or several and focus on continuity between stories, writers, and characters. DC kind of did this with new 52, and now Rebirth but Marvel fucking sucks.

Even if the continuity has to start fresh at the beginning of each series run so be it, but it's better than the constant retconning, headcanon explanations, and arguments over continuity between eras of writers doing their own thing.

I'm personally ok separating eras entirely within their own continuity. End rant/blogpost.

This. They just handled it so shitty. I think it's fine that he got his memory back, but they should have left some breathing room.

Pretty much no one actually dies in OP until 700 episodes in. And then I just didn't believe it because fuck you, you're trying to trick me.

[Spoiler] I was still in denial up until Sabo got the Flare Flare[/spoiler]

It's from the series' finale, where Pops sacrifice himself to save the universe from his evil twin, killing them both in the process.

Huh. My spoilers didn't work. I guess that's what I get for phone posting like a dirty faggot.

>pell gets to survive a city obliterating bomb
>these guys don't get to survive the poison they took

Venture Bros killed off a fuckload of characters for the S5 special and a lot more in S6 and not one's come back yet.

Does this count?

That's the one. The single, solitary asspull that tarnishes Oda's record.

That "personification of chaos" thing has really only evolved relatively recently out of necessity to explain why
>He's a threat to Batman
>He can't be killed

If the Diniverse is Earth-12, where does the current Batman Beyond comic take place?

I've noticed that most iterations of Joker aren't some psychotic demon man, he's just a nasty human being.

I think Ralph staying alive was crucial for the story to have an enjoyable ending, especially for something rated for all audiences. I don't think him being saved was in any way deteriorating to that scene, and at the very least it wasn't deus ex

It was also a good end of Vanellope's arc so she could prove that she was willing to risk everything and put her own racing ability on the line.

But I completely agree that Stan pines should have stayed wiped, or at least been left with tiny fragments, not have him entirely back to normal by the end.

As contrived as it can get, I like it when Batman's greatest foe isn't a singular person, but Gotham city itself.

I like the idea that there are multiple Jokers because Gotham is making them that way.

Yeah, it really took away the immersion, and knowing that Stan's sacrifice didn't meet with any consequences.
I could've bought the fact the maybe he slowly gained his memory back when Ford invited them on a boat ride.